All Comments on 'The Neighbor's Wife'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Nice

Sweet story, DG. There's a lesson worth learning here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very nice.

An uncluttered story, simple and enjoyable to read.

Many thanks

Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
excellent story

written with understanding of the human condition. well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Short but sweet.

Very nice job, DG.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Very good story

A lot of your stories seem so real, like taken out of pages of the newspaper. You are one of my favorite authors on this site. How do you write so many stories of quality in such a short span of time?

With high regards

An avid reader

DG HearDG Hearabout 18 years agoAuthor
Author DG Hear

In the beginning of the story where I wrote about asking people about cheating is true. The answers are true also. I like happy endings but as most readers of my stories know that it doesn't always turn out that way. Thank you all for reading my stories and the comments you leave. Authors and writers really need them. It kind of makes the writing worth while and lets us know what you like to read..

Thank you

DG Hear

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
Wonderful!

Thank you for your writing and stories

I don’t think I could say more then has already been said. If I see your name on a story I have to read it.

With the highest regards

Peggytwitty

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 18 years ago
Good

A very good about making a foolish mistake and getting a second chance. Some people don't I was one of the lucky ones when my wife cheated... I later married a wonderful women who is the world to me.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 18 years ago
Excellent insight

DG, thanks for a good story - romantic and realistic. I especially liked your analysis as to why people really cheat.

So many Lit writers have the wife cheat for a bigger dick and then grovel and plead, "I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you please don't leave me I'm so sorry" when they are caught. I think a more realistic portrayal of why a woman cheats and how she reacts after being caught is in TheCelt's "Rules of Marriage" series.

The other side of this is that women are not going to forgive a man who cheats - they're just going to throw him out and move on. Your story is one of the most realistic portrayals of how this really goes down - good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Thanks Author

There is life in your stories. In life and particularly marital life there are complexities and problems. Take each persons complexities and problems times 2 or with children more of each then add in 2 families of in-laws. Life can get challenging for anyone.

You write as well as anyone here and better than most about that and most of all in a real life understandable manner and words. To your peer group and most generations your introspections and ideas based on the 50 some years of your experience seem and play right in the mind.

The basic premises of respect, truth, fairness and trying to do the right thing should echo as strongly in our lives as they do in your stories. Here he failed and admitted them then resumed his life's responsibilities and didn't make them again.

Tangible reality that one can understand and relate to.

Thanks Author - you are appreciated - With Very High Regard

don87654don87654about 18 years ago
Great reading!

Very good reading and very informative. I am a cheater but it is because my wife totally deceived me when we were first married. I remain with her for economic reasons and about half-way through our 42-year-old marriage I found another woman that I "lost" contact with because she was also married to another. He left her for obnoxious reasons and just lately we have found each other again. We are now working on getting together to live the rest of our lives with each other. The more we contact each other the more better feelings we get with each other and while my economic reasoning has kept me with my wife, it has also turned around to the point that it is no longer a needed reality because my wife has determined that her religious values surpasses any love values for me, and when she leaves it will be a case of marital desertion.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
Another great story DG!!!

As with most of your stories, this story is one of the most realistic portrayals of life and marital relationship that I have ever read. The major players (except Nick) deserved and got a second chance at happiness and those of us who love ‘Happy Endings’ are very happy with this one DG!

fdkman262fdkman262about 18 years ago
Nice As Always!

It was nice to see a guy who cheats learn his lesson and take his second marriage more seriously. It seems that he found a better love than he lost but the cost was probably more than he'd have wanted to pay.

Thanks DG!

Ray

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good For You DG Hear

High marks for a good wholesome story with a good lesson and good ending. You are a very good writer.

don87654don87654over 16 years ago
Great. and very natural

A good story but Pam needed to be about 20 years younger so you could have knocked her up, also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

That was such a beautiful story, he made his mistakes and realised it. Glad he was given a second chance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story

Great story with happy ending for a guy who made a terrible mistake with his first marriage.

BfreetorunBfreetorunalmost 12 years ago
DG, I always like your work...

I don't read right down the page as I used to, right now I am reading 'revenge' stories. I always like your work and it is nice to read one that ends better than usual. I hope that he apologized again to his first wife if he ever met her again. (Yes, I know it's just a story.)

Harsh61Harsh61about 10 years ago
Repent

Wonderful story coming across after a long time.

The whole thing looks like a true story. The most

important factor is accepting a mistake and accepting

the facts. The storyline is beautiful and the ending too

is with a smile....Great.

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 10 years ago
A couple of lines to long for a flash HEH

But still short , sweet, and a good read - with a good lesson learned - by one guy anyway -

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
anyone who cheats wife or husband

are just that...cheats...breaking their marriage vows and deserved to be punished....no matter how you sugar coat it....a cheat is a cheat is a cheat...and deserve all the crap thrown at them for breaking up a family.....and hurting the other partner...and children if they have them....in some societies the cheater gets stoned to death...wonder how that would go down in the west....public stonings would happen every weekend and with the way society is today it would involve several cheaters as no one seems to have any morals...could be a new past time....

luedonluedonover 7 years ago
Re: "anyone who cheats wife or husband" Anonymous comment

OK, anonymous. Now, in order to be consistent, you should go through stories in other categories as well as Loving Wives. There are husbands having sex with babysitters in Mature, married people of various ethnic persuasion having adulterous sex in Inter Racial, and so on.

For the past few weeks, a man has been having 'An Affair' in Erotic Couplings, the three episodes so far by Nightvoice2 have been unremarked by the Moral Brigade.

Get with it, Anonymous, there are so many adulterous men and women on Literotica who must be equally deserving of your suggested punishments.

Lue

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Why

Why didn't his kids come to his wedding to Pam?.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Let's remember that cheating is never done alone. There is always at least two adult parties plus the kids , the ultimate victims of the active participant cheaters. I wonder if the amount of cheating would decrease and by how much if the cheating was revealed, in the open, to the victim of the cheating? The cheaters hide behind the cloak of silence and an attitude of "I don't want to get involved" The phrase "Nobody will be hurt if they do not know" is the hiding place. But the hiding is very slim and thin and it is almost always discovered and that is when the shit hits the fan. Did I say "Hurt?"

Good reading. Redemption is often based on experience and regrets. Sometimes, it takes a long time before the brain fog lifts and for the thinking to leave the dickhead to return to the brain.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Some call this redemption but I disagree. That is too linked to a religious idea of sin. Rather, it's learning and the desire or motivation to be better for someone else. The forgiveness and restitution would be going back to the original spouse he crapped on to make amends for his abuse of her trust. It's more awkward with a former remarried spouse, but it can done respectfully. When I was a young, successful 'up and comer' in my early 30s, I drunkenly cheated on a wonderful woman at a business convention, and ended up confessing after a mutual acquaintance confronted me and said tell or or she would. My wife gave me the opportunity to 'fess up', and then went for a legal separation for about 14 months, during which I 'learned' what I gave up. She could have converted it to a legal divorce after a year, bur did not. That time was spent courting again over the initial objections of her female friends and family until I won them over too. That was my restitution to earn her forgiveness. She reminded me of what I missed. Was it worth it? Yes. 31 years later we are still married. DG Hear explores these scenarios in an odd POV sort of way, but represents it pretty well. We forget to put the work in a marriage and neglect it to the peril of a shared world: wives, husbands, children, and even mutual friends.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I enjoyed this story, although I did think that he was an asshole for cheating on his wife.

I have noticed that you have a habit of using double negatives, for example, writing ‘I missed not seeing my kids’ is a double negative, which becomes a positive and completely the opposite of what you mean. If you had written ‘I missed seeing my kids’ or ‘I hated not seeing my kids’ both would be correct. The way that you have written it implies that you see them but you would like to not see them.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...