All Comments on 'The New Wolf Ch. 02'

by Sherrybaby14

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
ale84ale84almost 8 years ago
please update quicker

I love your story I can't wait for more

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 8 years ago
Nicely done

I can't wait until Claremont finds a human just to hook up with. Until he stops with Roxy all together, things are going to crazy. I love this story. Great job.

ChelseaTayChelseaTayalmost 8 years ago
Lucas is cruising for a bruising...

I can only imagine how pissed Clara is going to be when her and Lucas are on better terms and finds out he continued to sleep with Roxy even though he knew Clara was his mate. She's probably going to rip him to shreds, which he totally deserves!

Usually, I don't like stories where two wolves meet, are mates, and automatically are in love. It's too fast and completely unrealistic (besides them being wolves.) Your story has us waiting for Clara to come around and I'm squirming in my seat wanting her to figure everything out! Ugh! Which is completely a good thing because you have me hooked, I can't wait for the next update!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Beautiful twist

Thank you for writing about mates not automatically realizing their connection. Really can't wait to read about the explanation from James about the pain or even the pull. Since Lucas isn't waiting for Clara who is newly turned...would love to see Roxy or Suzy help Clara meet another wolf. Perhaps an eye for eye so to speak

Looking forward to next chapter with much excitement!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Anxiously waiting chapter!!!!

Lucas has no concept of what a mate is. Love how your showing a different side of mating. I hope Clara finds herself a lover for the 2 weeks she doesn't have to return to the pack. And I hope Lucas feels the pain he has caused her while she is out enjoying herself (sexually).

Who knows maybe she can sleep with the Alpha when he finally explains what mates are and the chest pains.

Can't wait for the next chapter!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Please let Roxy have a little growth and not be a cliché

Too often the jilted wolf in these stories are pure evil. At least the female wolves are. I don't expect her to become an angel, but I don't want her to be the villain. After all, Lucas is not any better and HE is going to get his happy ending...eventually. I like a character who isn't perfectly good, maybe even a bit of a jerk, but then has some hard lessons and learn compassion. Please give her a mate- that can take her in hand. He will need to be extra tough- to deal with the likes of her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a shitty alpha

Like said before I also like the fact it's not "they saw each other and instantly connected blah blah blah".

However I do see James as a bad alpha, disregarding Clara suffering, failing to control Lucas, plus the whole pack hasn't moved to the 21 century.

Last at first I thought Clara defiance showed she's a Beta / possible Alpha so would be nice to see her end up rubbing it in to him by being able to get away (and remaining sane)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great Story

You put a nice spin to the usual werewolf story. Most werewolf stories are from the point of the werewolf and how the human must adapt. I like how I'm going along with Clara and feeling her sense of anxiety/uneasiness with the life at the lodge. It's more realistic (as realistic as it can get). I'm really rooting for Clara and I hope she gets her happy ending, living life by her own terms.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenalmost 8 years ago
Very interesting

I do very much enjoy the story you are telling. I also think you are doing a great job with all the characters you've shown us. Tell us your story, not the story some of us tell you to tell us (especially when they can't be bothered to even have an account, much less having submitted any work of their own).

There isn't always a win-scenario. Though, when you've got a supernatural story with big G's whirling around making mates... it makes you question some of their decisions. But enough of that- I really hope our girl gets laid. For her sake, and to... You know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I like it but...

Lucas is SO ANNOYING! Were only two chapters in and i wish she would find another mate! I can't relate to him at all, all he does is complain and whine about his own mistakes and then he purposely puts his mate in pain because he can't handle a boner! He's supposed to be a beta/ future alpha! HAVE SOME FREAKIN SELF CONTROL!!! And the real Alpha James doesn't act like an alpha either he's just there, Clara acts more like an alpha then both of them combined! I don't even know if I can continue reading this with such bad male leads.

Ellienora35Ellienora35almost 8 years ago
Lucas

Lucan has room for growth. Clara is going to be good for him. She will teach him compassion. Right now, he and Roxy are selfish, so Clara won't like him. I truly hope Clara goes and gets some action this week, and Lucan feels like he has a heart attack. Until Lunas has the shoe on his foot, he is going to keep being a jerk. I can't wait! What will Roxy think when she finds out he's been thinking of Clara while they are together? I am so ready for another chater. I have read these ones three times.

OsykuruOsykurualmost 8 years ago
soo frustrating

to read... the main male characters are just so weak and ignorant. get their shit together.

magevmagevalmost 8 years ago
Oooooh

This story is quite interesting, but I find it hard to accept certain inconsistencies. If you go with the rather widely established idea that werewolves have predestined mates, then you cannot really pick and choose which parts of that idea you will keep, and which you will twist around, without becoming like a version of Twilight with its sparkly vampires... I definitely appreciate the fact that everything is not peachy in this story, but it still seems somewhat inconsistent - isn't the mating pull not supposed to be just about sex, isn't it supposed to be about being willing to sacrifice yourself for that person, rather than selfishly want to claim them into submission and only caring about one's own feelings? Lucas just doesn't seem to act like a mate should if the whole idea of mates is valid. Even worse, Clara doesn't seem to be consistent in this regard - if she does not feel the actual mating pull, then why would her heart literally break when her mate has sex with someone else? The story is very interesting, but please think a bit more about how everything has to be consistent in order for the reader to "buy" it... Can't wait for continuation!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Looking forward to the next

I agree with magev. It's about mates and they don't treat their destined like shit or hurt the. It's about what you would give or do to protect them. Give Lucas a backbone make him see Roxy for what she really is. I know you can do a great job and inspire us

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Original

I like that this story has an original twist. Clara was forcibly turned and yet isn't going crazy. She also is able to look the alpha in the eyes and be strong and acts more honourable than Rosy or Lucas, who have been wolves all their lives. I think it very telling that Lucas the human is selfish and almost too coldhearted and yet Clara likes his wolf.

I also like that she is able to have her job and live in Laramie. Maybe she can show the Alpha that having wolves in Laramie might be a good change for the pack instead of the forced segregation that is imposed now.

Once she finds out about what is really causing the pain and finding out the Alpha lies to her , I wonder if that will have an effect on the trust she has placed in him.

I like that she hasn't felt the immediate mating pull or even really believes in love at first sight. I think maybe Lucas will have to let his wolf part get to know Clara first and then Lucas will really have to work as a human for Clara to even like his human part.

Great start to this new story. Looking forward to see how it all unfolds.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Clara deserves so much better

I like your story so far, but I just had to point out that Roxy may be a spiteful, mercenary bitch, but she isn't the one with a mate whom she is actively betraying - and knowingly causing pain to. Lucas isn't absolved of his actions because the 'evil snakewoman' made him do it. He is actually a total asshole. I get so annoyed by stories which excuse the male protagonist's shitty behaviour by placing all blame on the other woman, like he has no control over himself. What utter nonesense. No-one made him do what he did, he chose to do it. Turning the jilted ex into a grasping psycho does not make him a better person. It does not excuse his actions. It actually makes his judgement worse, and his behaviour crappier. He is a shallow, entitled, immature user, with all the emotional depth of a puddle - Clara deserves so much better.

Sherrybaby14Sherrybaby14almost 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback!

I am loving all the comments. This story was finished before I posted the first chapter, so it's pretty set in stone with where it is heading. Some of you are spot on and I think some will be surprised! The next Chapter will be up tomorrow :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So wait

The way this mate bond works is not a mutual pact for life but a slave bond where the male can cheat and inflict pain and suffering on his mate? That is evil and sick shit.

Agree with the reader who said Lucas is a massive asshole, and really hope she feels nothing for him. Since you're doing a new variation on the bond for your story, i hope that means it can be nullified or passed somehow. She deserves a better mate, like James. My only problem with him is that he thinks Lucas punishment fits the insane level of shit headedness Lucas is diplaying. Roxie is a bit of a ho for a wolf but my god, i just want to see a hunter put a few silver bullets in Lucas" wolf-nads.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
tanked

This chapter was boring skipped most of it, nothing worse than repetition yes yes he did that get over it! Honestly. You may have already finished the story but we are all here to put our two cents in and comment. It really feels like nothing new happened in 4 pages no character development at all. Just oh I'm so scared of him come on now

Bert_FeggBert_Feggalmost 8 years ago
Really good.

What can I say. Good work. I confess I'm not familiar with the genre, but I'm enjoying the tale and you tell it well - Have to say the comments from folks who think you're writing for them are rather amusing also :)

evonnaevonnaalmost 4 years ago
interesting

well this is definitely a different story... i've never read one about mates where the male is completely uncaring about his mate's abject fear or any of her feelings, or her physical or emotional wellbeing to the point of being happy for her to get multiple injuries etc... it's difficult to find many redeeming qualities... and very difficult to see him as an alpha or even a beta.... as a male lead he is very immature and so unlikeable.... definitely makes for a interesting story.... less romantic or soul-mate-heavy of course :) .... thank you for writing it. will keep reading. xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yet another story about dumb girl. Thousands of the same story the same character. Every one has girl that has no will. She gripes but doesn’t really stand up for herself. She never knows when she getting stabbed in the back. Hey whatever

Fenris420Fenris420over 1 year ago

I'm finding "The New Wolf" to be frustrating yet compelling. To this point in the story, I can't see a way for Lucas and Clara to ever have a mutually satisfying relationship. Lucas is a thoroughly unlikable character with narcissistic tendencies... even if they do eventually become mates, Clara will always despise him (as he is at this point anyway). And that's why I'll keep reading, waiting to see how things are resolved. I do hope there is some kind of resolution because I'm not a big fan of stories that end on a sore note with everyone miserable. That being said, well-done. I do enjoy your storytelling.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSherrybaby14@Sherrybaby14
587 Followers
Hi! Still writing, but lately more on tumblr and ao3. Sort of fallen into The Walking Dead fandom, will write originals again soon

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES