The New Wolf Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you doing here?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Runs always left Clara with excess energy. It seemed that way for everyone. Most members seemed to burn it off with sex. Clara was used to all the PDA that went on at the Lodge, but she never got used to the open sex. She passed two couples going at it on her walk back from her tree. She tried to keep her head down, but it was impossible not to glance at the woman screaming loudly on all fours as the man plowed into her from behind. She didn't care how comfortable she got here, or if James' had his way and she moved her permanently. That would never be her. Not that it mattered. Even if she had wanted to participate all the males in the pack avoided her like the plague.

She thought about her final dash of the night and the new wolf who chased her. A smile spread across her face. That was fun. There was something about the new wolf too, something that made her heart flutter. It was almost like he had an aura around him. She wondered which pack member he was. Except for James she didn't know any other males, none of them even introduced themselves. It didn't matter though. Clara still had no intention of getting close to these people.

Clara made it back to her room. It was almost four am. Even though she was awake for almost twenty-four hours going to bed was unlikely. The whole pack would sleep most of the day tomorrow, Clara included. She needed something to burn off her energy.

Going to Suzy's room wasn't an option. Clara saw her go off with James. That also meant when they returned Suzy would be satisfied and ready for bed. Clara was in no way attracted to James, but she started to feel jealous. Her sexual history was spotty at best. She couldn't remember the last time she felt satisfied. Clara felt a heat pulse through her. She needed to get out of this room. Clara felt like what she was about to do was dumb, and it would only end with her getting hurt, but loneliness was eating away at her and she knew there was one person she could turn to. Before she lost her nerve Clara stepped in the hall, ready to put herself out there.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A warm hand reached out and wrapped around Lucas' rock hard cock. His body automatically responded and he thrust his hips forward.

"Mmmmm," Roxy said. "So I'm not the only one who missed this."

"What are you doing here?" Lucas asked again.

"I heard you were joining us for the run, thought you might need a release after."

"Not from you."

Roxy let out a smug laugh and continued to stroke his cock, tightening her grip. Lucas closed his eyes and cracked his neck.

"Is that where you were headed?" Roxy asked. "To try and rape your little mate again?"

Lucas let out a growl. Roxy laughed.

"That's what would happen. You know she's terrified of you. She can't handle you yet, not like I can. I know you don't believe me, but I really am trying to help you."

"By standing in my way?"

"You're too much man for her," Roxy said. "She will come around, eventually, after all you two are mates. But if you go to her now, like this, it will be a setback. You won't be able to help yourself and she won't know how to respond. It will be like last time all over again."

Lucas let Roxy's words soak in. She did have a point. He felt shame, realizing he was about to run down to Clara's room butt naked. He probably would have terrified her further. Roxy dropped to her knees, kissing her way down Lucas' torso as she lowered herself. Soon her mouth joined her hand. He opened his eyes and stared down at her. She was beautiful, not like Clara, but beautiful none the less. Her green eyes locked with his as his cock disappeared into her throat.

"That feels good," Lucas said followed with a groan.

Roxy used her free hand to grab Lucas' hand. She brought it to the back of her head. Lucas knew he shouldn't but he gripped a handful of her hair and started guiding her head back on forth, each time slamming a little harder. Roxy always had a talent for deep throating and Lucas had missed this. His pace started to speed up and Roxy's mouth felt so warm. He felt his balls tighten, sure he was going to erupt. Before he reached his peak Roxy jerked her head back, letting him fall out of her mouth.

"This is a two-way agreement." Roxy stood back up. "I want some pleasure too."

He was distracted before he hadn't realized she was nude. Her perfect breasts were on display with the tiny erect nipples he used to love to tease so much. A voice in the back of his head told him not to do this, knowing the pain it would cause his mate. But Lucas couldn't listen. He was too far gone and Roxy looked too inviting. He scooped her up like a bride and ran to the bedroom they used to share. There was no romance in it as he entered her with force, she cried out with pleasure and placed her hands on his cheeks, crushing their lips together as he pistoned in and out of her. Lucas closed his eyes and imagined Clara underneath him, confident someday soon it would be her in his bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Clara wasn't surprised when she went to Roxy's door and there was no answer. It was dumb of Clara to assume she wouldn't be off hooking up with some pack member. She thought with Roxy fresh off a breakup it would be her best bet at a friend tonight. Accepting she was alone for the evening Clara headed down to the basement. She put on some music and started running laps, forcing herself to sprint, hoping to tire herself out soon.

After only a few miles Clara felt a pain in her chest. Realizing she was pushing herself too hard she came to a stop. After drinking some water and taking some deep breaths she started to feel better, but the chest pain didn't fully go away. Clara decided that was a sign it was time for bed. She ran up the stairs, not surprised most people were in their rooms with the lights off. Clara stopped at her room and stripped, wrapping herself in a towel she headed towards the bathroom. The sun was starting to rise and after a quick shower she planned on bunkering down in bed for at least the next eight hours.

She went in a shower stall and turned on the water, after waiting a few minutes she closed the curtain and tossed her towel over, letting the warm water hit her skin. She focused on her muscles relaxing, ignoring the pain in the chest. Clara's mind wondered back to the wolf in the woods. She scanned his face and tried to place it with one of the pack members. She loaded a sponge with soap and started to wash herself. The image of the couple going at it came to her mind. The animal looks on their faces as the man mounted the woman from behind, his hands gripping the woman's hips as she arched her back, allowing him to go deeper. Without realizing it Clara dropped the sponge and let her fingers wander.

She started massaging herself as she pictured the two grinding their hips against each other. Her mouth opened in a silent moan as her fingers started to work faster. Clara's heart rate sped up, she knew she was close. The coil in her stomach started to tighten, it had been too long since Clara felt pleasure like this. She started working faster, keeping the image of the two pack members in her mind. Her orgasm was so close, Clara needed that satisfaction. Her body heightened and she readied herself for the release when all of a sudden the pain in her chest took over.

Clara let out a blood curdling scream and collapsed on the floor of the shower, slamming her head on the stall on the way down. She curled up in the fetal position. The pain was too much, making it impossible to focus on anything, even her blood mixing with the water as it circled the drain.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I knew I should have had those stalls taken out." James paced back and forth.

Clara didn't think that was the issue here, but was too tired to point that out. She sat on the table, her head cranked to the left while the pack doctor stitched her up. The pain in her chest was gone, but the memory of it was far worse than the gash she received on the fall.

"Come back and see me in twenty-four hours," the doctor said. "By then I'll be able to remove the sutures and tell you if there will be a scar."

Clara ran her hand over the stitches that danced along her hairline, not sure if a scar there would be so bad. The doctor gave her hand a slap.

"Don't touch them."

"Sorry." Clara let out a yawn. "Can I go to bed now?"

The Doctor pulled out his pen light and checked her eyes again. Clara wondered if he was a real doctor but doubted it. She guessed he had more hands on training and less medical school education.

"You should be healing faster. You're too human, but still no signs of a concussion. Feel free to sleep all you want."

The Doctor let out a yawn.

"I know that's what I'm going to do," he said. "In the future don't take a shower when you're that tired. Then I won't get woken up for late night slips."

Clara glanced at James. She debated on telling the truth or keeping it a secret. He told her the chest pains were a normal part of becoming a wolf and that they would get better with time, but this was only the second time it had happened. She didn't want to worry him or give him another reason to suggest she move in to the lodge permanently. So Clara kept her mouth shut, she nodded at the doctor and gave a sheepish grin.

"Come on," James said. "I'll walk you to your room."

He held out his hand and Clara grabbed ahold, using him to steady herself as she stood up. The two began their walk to Clara's room.

"Thank you," Clara said.

"Thank Suzy. She's the one who found you."

"I will next time I see her."

"Actually, you woke up half the pack. Those were some nasty screams you were making."

"It really hurt. I might have overdone it. I will make sure to apologize."

"I didn't mean it like that. I was more asking if everything else is okay?"

"Fine," Clara said. "I had a nice time last night. I even made a new friend."

James' eyes went wide with curiosity and he nodded in approval.

"Let me guess Roxy finally wormed her way into your heart?"

Clara joined James in a laugh. She gave a shrug.

"It was during the run, so I'm not sure who the human equivalent is yet," Clara said. "But we played tag. It was a good time."

"Well that is fantastic news," James said. "See, I told you how nice everyone is around here. If you keep an open mind and get to know people, soon you're going to be the one begging me to let you live here full time."

Clara rolled her eyes, not wanting to have this conversation again. They stopped outside her door.

"Get some sleep," James said. "Come find me tonight. I'll give you some more information about our background."

"I'd like that," Clara said.

That was one thing she craved, more information on wolves, but every time she brought it up it seemed like the only response she got was a shrug. Clara walked in her room and shut the door, twisting the lock in place. She climbed in bed and pulled the blanket tight. She didn't want to focus on the negative. She made herself forget about the heart pain and thought about the wolf who had chased her as she drifted off to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A knock sounded on Lucas' door. He looked up when the door swung open. He glanced at the clock, it was barely 10. He'd only slept for four hours. The footsteps continued and James stood in the doorframe to Lucas' bedroom.

"I see you had a good night," James said.

Lucas knew he was commenting on Roxy's nude form in the bed. Lucas swung his legs over and pulled on some pants before walking out to the main room with James, closing the bedroom door behind him.

"Isn't it a little early for speeches?" Lucas asked.

"Who said anything about a speech?"

"So you didn't come here this early in the morning to tell me that I screwed up big time, that I have a mate, that every time I do anything sexual with another person it hurts her. That I'm being selfish, that this mess is all my fault?"

Lucas knew everything he said was true. James took a seat on the couch and stared at him with a blank face. Lucas decided he wasn't done.

"You don't have any clue how hard this is. All I can think about is Clara, especially when she is here. She is starting to consume me. We are mates. She should be drawn to me. She should want to be with me. She should feel what I felt the first time we touched."

Lucas was pacing back and forth now.

"Don't blame Roxy for this either. Did you know I got it in my head last night that Clara was ready for me? That this whole thing has just been her teasing me, playing hard to get. If Roxy hadn't shown up and we hadn't done what we did I may have attacked my mate again. If that happens there's no way she would ever forgive me. I'm not sure she'll ever forgive me now. So what? I'm expected to sit around and wait for her to decide to love me? That could take years! Or it could never happen. Look I'm sorry that Clara felt some pain, really I am, but I will not apologize for sleeping with Roxy. I have needs and did nothing wrong."

Lucas stood still now and locked eyes with James. The Alpha put his hands on his knees and stood up.

"This has been enlightening. Thank you very much." He started walking towards the door. Before he walked out he paused and turned around. "Clara fell this morning in the shower, slipped she said, got a bad gash. I'm guessing you can figure out what time it happened. I just came by to tell you, and let you know I haven't been asleep yet. I'd like to sleep in, so if you could take the lead this evening I would appreciate it."

Lucas stood there with his mouth open. He nodded his head.

"Is she okay?"

"Clara? She's a very strong girl. She'll be fine. Don't beat yourself up over it either. She claims it was only a slip, never once mentioned chest pains. Maybe you've already destroyed your bond enough you fucking other women doesn't even affect her. Who knows though? Either way, sorry to wake you, I'm going to get some shut eye."

James shut the door behind him. Lucas could feel the Alpha's judgment coming at him in waves. He didn't appreciate it. James hadn't found his mate yet, there was no way he could appreciate what Lucas was going through. To top it off, Lucas went six weeks without any action. James could barely go six hours. Lucas wouldn't stand for it.

"Everything OK?"

Lucas turned to see Roxy standing in the doorway, her perfect body looked even better in the daylight. If James thought he could guilt Lucas into anything, the Alpha had the wrong idea. Lucas ran over to Roxy and placed his hands on her waist, lowering his mouth to hers he wasted no time parting her lips and putting his tongue in her mouth. She wrapped her arms around his neck and he lifted her up, carrying her to the bed, determined he was right and proving a point. Screw the Alpha's judgment and screw his mate.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You look like hell."

Clara was certain Suzy was trying to distract her from the terrible driving, but Clara wasn't fazed. Clara braced herself in the passenger's seat while Suzy continued to speed down the mountain, trying to hit every bump and hole possible.

"I think I might call in sick tomorrow," Clara replied.

"I don't understand why you want to keep your job. I mean, if you lived with the rest of your pack you wouldn't have to worry about calling in, or having this weird double life."

"I like my job," Clara said. "I think I'm happier in Laramie than at the lodge anyway."

Suzy let out an exaggerated gasp.

"That can't surprise you. Outside of you, Roxy, and James I don't think anyone notices me or cares."

"Roxy still trying to be your friend huh?"

"She disappeared all weekend, but on Friday she was."

"I still say stay away from her."

"So that leaves you and James as my friends."

"Only because you don't want to let anyone else get to know you. People have tried Clara. They were fighting over who got to come into town and pick you up, but then you sit quiet the whole ride or seem pissed off."

They finally left the mountain and started driving on paved roads. Clara let out the breath she didn't know she was holding.

"Did James put you up to this?" Clara asked. "Are you going to tell me how unsafe it is down here? How I'm lucky an outcast hasn't been attracted to me yet? Well I feel safer down here than up there."

"How are your feelings towards Lucas?"

Suzy asked the question with an obvious interest. His name brought a feeling of discomfort. Clara remembered seeing him Friday, how ripped he looked when his shirt came off. She shook her head when the image of him pining her to the floor came to mind.

"I don't understand why he's not in prison or an outcast. James keeps saying he's being punished, but won't tell me how."

"I mean how do you feel? What was it like seeing him?"

Clara got uncomfortable. She didn't understand how Suzy could be so invasive. How was she supposed to feel seeing the man who attacked her so viciously out of the blue?

"It felt like nothing," Clara said. "He's nothing to me. I'm not going to let him ruin my life."

"Ruin your life?"

"I don't want to be the victim," Clara said. "That's how I feel when I'm with the pack. Everyone is looking at me as the poor human who was bit by a wolf or the poor wolf who was attacked by the Beta. I hate that."

"That's not what everyone is thinking."

"Really? You keep saying people would be nice to me if I opened up, but how come not a single man has spoken to me? They won't even make eye contact with me."

Suzy let out a big sigh. Clara was hoping for a response or for Suzy to say she was imagining things, but she didn't offer either of those solutions.

"What about the women?"

It was Clara's turn not to respond. She let out a yawn. Sleep didn't happen all weekend. She would get a few hours in and then be woken up by the terrible chest pains. The first few bats she screamed into her pillow until the pain passed, but all weekend they came and went, one time lasting for almost an hour. James said it was part of turning into a wolf and they would get better with time, but Clara didn't think they were hurting any less, she was getting used to the pain.

"What's the deal with you and James?" Clara wanted to change the subject.

"What do you mean?"

"Are you dating? Casual sex?"

Suzy laughed.

"It's not complicated. We hook up sometimes."

"So you don't care when he hooks up with other women? I've never seen you with another man..."

"Ohhhh...you think I'm a little groupie for the Alpha and that he's going to walk all over me and break my heart one day huh?"

"That's not what I meant," Clara lied.

"I know that Mr. Right is out there somewhere, waiting to meet me, but until he does I'm going to have some fun. It's stupid to get attached to any one person. I have lovers besides James if that's what you're asking."

"It seems like half the pack hooks up with each other."

"That's pretty accurate," Suzy said. "At least the single people."

"What are you sampling each other out until you find the right one to get serious with?"

Suzy looked nervous. She bit her lip.

"What?" Clara asked. "Something is going on, tell me."

"I can't," Suzy said.

"Why not?"

"You have to ask James," Suzy said. "It's his place to tell you, not mine."

"Tell me the reason behind all the random sex?"

Suzy nodded.

"He doesn't think you're ready to hear it, and I have to agree with him. It might make things more complicated."

Clara's eyes went wide. James wanted to get together Saturday night to tell Clara more about being a wolf. It never occurred to her that the almost orgies going on were part of it. She cringed, thinking once she found out James might encourage her to join in. She decided to drop this subject too. They drove the rest of the way in silence. Clara was happy when her little home came into view, wanting nothing more than to curl up in bed and hopefully get a good night's rest.