The Newly Divorced Resort Ch. 05

Story Info
How do you cope after a divorce? Here is one man's solution.
9k words
4.79
12k
13

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/09/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Day Four

There was another folded card under my door as I stepped out of the shower. The feeling of Marisa still hung in the room and in my thoughts, but I was curious what new experiences today would bring. In order to prolong my sense of anticipation, I decided to dress first and then look at the card.

When I finally opened it, I saw that I had been chosen by Mei Ling and smiled at my luck. I definitely remembered her as the one woman on my mental list from the soup and salad table at the masquerade dinner that first night at the Resort. I recalled her shyness and not sharing much about herself, but listening intently and her eyes followed each of us as we all contributed to the conversation.

She was sitting next to me at the table and I remember trying to draw her out by asking easy questions to encourage her, but she gave only polite responses without elaboration so the conversation quickly turned elsewhere. There was something alluring about her quiet personality which I found intriguing. The two dances we shared after dinner taught me little else about her, but I enjoyed holding her and I felt that maybe she enjoyed being held as well.

Because she had left that night without a goodbye I felt that I had misjudged her feelings and was therefore surprised that she had chosen me today, but nevertheless pleased that I might finally have the chance to learn more about her during our day together. I thought about activities we could enjoy that would give us a chance to talk, yet provide topics of conversation that were not personal if she felt uncomfortable for any reason.

I found her quickly at breakfast and joined her at the table at which she was sitting.

"Good morning Mei Ling! I'm happy to be spending the day with you, so thank you for choosing me," I said enthusiastically.

"Good morning to you as well William," she said with a slight blush and then immediately looked down shyly at the menu.

"I've been thinking about what we might enjoy today and was hoping we could talk about things you like to do while we eat to help me decide," I said.

"I'm happy with anything you choose," she said hesitantly.

"Why don't we start with selecting what we like from the menu and go from there?" I said with a smile to giving her a little emotional space.

I sensed that she found our one-on-one conversation more difficult than the group discussion of dinner the other night because the focus on her was impossible to avoid. The waiter took our orders and as we ate Mei Ling seemed to get past the awkward beginning and relax a little.

I suggested a couple of activities I had been considering and asked if she preferred one over the other. She became less reserved and guarded when she realized I was not trying to pressure her to share, but was genuinely interested in her thoughts.

We agreed to try parasailing this morning as it was a lovely day and both thought seeing the island around the Resort from a higher vantage would be thrilling. Neither of us had ever done this before, but Mei Ling seemed to reach an internal decision and gave the first genuine smile I had seen on her face since meeting her.

"Why not? We'll have fun," she said.

We made our way down to the boat dock and were given a time slot during the next hour, so I asked if she would like to walk along the beach while we waited. She agreed and we set off toward the surf.

Mei Ling's expression seemed like she wanted to say something as we strolled just above the waves, but seemed reluctant, so I stopped and looked her in the eyes.

"Are you comfortable with spending time with me today? I know you asked specifically for me to join you, but if you have changed you mind, I respect that. I want to enjoy our time together, but only if you find it enjoyable," I asked sincerely.

"I do want to spend the day with you and your genuine concern about my feelings just confirmed what I had hoped you would be like after meeting you the other night," she said as a single tear ran down her cheek.

"However, I feel that there are some things I need to share about myself first. I'm afraid that if I am honest with you, what I have to say might cause you to change your mind about spending time with me. I don't want that to happen, but I feel I should be fair to you and tell you now," she said.

"I was drawn to you the other night at dinner for several reasons and sincere this morning when I said I was glad you had chosen me today. I find you intriguing and have been looking forward to knowing you better. I can't imagine what you might say that would change that," I said as I reached up to gently brush away the tear.

"We'll see about that, but this might be easier for me if we walk along the beach as I talk so I'm not staring into your eyes. Is that okay with you?" she asked as more tears fell.

"If that makes you more comfortable Mei Ling, that works for me," I said.

"I was raised in a very strict Chinese family. My father is a businessman with many international connections. My mother strives to be the perfect wife and kowtows to everything he wants, knowing that was her role as a companion," she paused, "...and a woman," she said.

"I was raised to put my needs second to a man and to not question them in anyway. My father arranged a marriage for me to an older recently widowed man in America with whom he wanted to do business and I had no choice but to go along with his wishes. My mother told me before the wedding that as a woman, I was to do everything for the man in the home and submit to anything he wanted sexually," she confessed.

"My needs were not important in this, so she did not feel the need to teach me anything about sex, because my husband would show me what he wanted in bed. I was to be happy regardless. As you might imagine, I was quite anxious, but determined to play my role," she said.

I was shocked by this outdated notion, but realized my view of the world was not the only one, so I kept my face even and gently encouraged her to continue, which she did after a few seconds.

"My father got what he wanted and they went into business together, but my marriage was not happy in any way for me William. I did as my mother instructed and tried to model my behavior after what I saw her do while growing up and I think I pleased my husband in that way, but not in sex. He told me after the wedding that he did not find me beautiful, that he preferred tall, blonde, big breasted white women and only married me to get the business partnership," she said.

"We slept apart from the beginning and that relieved much of my anxiety because I could focus on keeping a peaceful harmony in the home, a task I felt very capable of accomplishing. I was the perfect, quiet hostess for his business guests and never bothered him or expected anything from him. At least in this he was content with me as a wife," she said.

"I'm sure he was having sex with his secretaries and I actually felt relieved about this, but a couple of times he came home drunk in the early hours of the morning and barged in to my room and climbed on top of me in bed," she said.

"The first time he did this was very hard for me because I did not know anything about what to expect from sex. He left the light off because he said he didn't want to look at me, but lifted my night gown enough that he could penetrate me," she said.

"He loomed over me and I felt something thrust inside me between my legs. It was painful and scary because I didn't know what was happening. He moved his hips back and forth a few times and then I felt something wet spurt inside me," she said.

"It took everything I had not to cry out loud because I thought something had broken in my body and the blood I saw on the sheets later seemed to confirm this. He rolled off me and out of the bed quickly afterward then walked into my bathroom and used a washcloth to clean himself, all the while complaining about how dirty he felt," she said.

Mei Ling was crying harder now and I tentatively placed on arm on her shoulder. She stopped walking and let me hold her in my arms as she sobbed onto my chest for several minutes. Without meeting my gaze, she dried her eyes and began walking again.

"My husband did that one more time while we were married and it was not better the second time, but I at least knew this time what to expect and that he had not damaged me in the act. He was caught embezzling funds from the company he co-owned and was sent to prison three months ago, so I was able to get a divorce just last month," she said.

"I was also able to keep some of his wealth due to the circumstances and I had thought about returning to China to stay with my family, but my father blamed me for my husband's behavior, saying I hadn't done my duty as a wife to protect him, even though there was nothing I could have done," she said.

"So I didn't know what to do next, but when my lawyer suggested this Resort, I realized I had nothing to lose and no other plans, so why not take a chance. As you have probably noticed, I don't have much experience interacting with groups of people and especially when it is supposed to be fun, so I have been hanging out on the edge of things and just learning by watching what others here are doing," she said and took a deep breath before continuing.

"You asked me to dance the first night and I wasn't sure what to do, but I liked the way you treated me at dinner and decided to take a chance. After the second dance, my nerves got the better of me and I ran away," she confessed.

"I'm sorry I did that and don't want you to blame yourself. You were a perfect gentleman, just like you are being now. I didn't know how to handle someone who cared about what I had to say and who wanted to share time with me," she said apologetically.

"I also felt my body...well, a specific part of my body...doing something I had never felt before as you danced with me and that also scared me even though it felt good," she blushed.

"I ran to the bathroom so I could catch my breath and make sense of the strange sensations but that didn't help so decided to leave instead. I found my tour guide and he escorted me back to my room, where I felt a little calmer by myself," she said.

"I wasn't sure what was happening inside your head, but thank you for that brief time together and for letting me spend the day with you now. If I'm not out of line, I find you beautiful and I think you will find that most men are not like your past experiences," I responded.

"I want to believe you and you are certainly doing a wonderful job proving it so far, but there is more to the story that explains why I am still hesitant," she responded and dropped her gaze again.

Mei Ling surprised me by taking my hand in hers, but this was not an affectionate intertwining of fingers, but a grip to hold on for dear life as she continued her story.

"The man I was paired with the next day was also someone at our table that first night. He seemed very pleasant and said all the right things, but I had seen my father and husband do the same thing when out in public. I won the coin toss that morning at breakfast and got to pick the activities for the first of our two days together," she said.

"I tried to act happy by laughing and smiling as we went canoeing and birdwatching, but he was always trying to touch my body and sneak a kiss whenever he could. I pretended that it didn't bother me, but I was very uncomfortable and it did not feel enjoyable like it did the night before when you and I danced," she said.

"At the end of the day, he seemed frustrated and especially upset when I told him good night without inviting him into my room after we had unlocked the door together. I know he wanted to have sex, but I still did not know much about it after a few years of marriage and I was also determined not to be the passive person I was told all my life I was supposed to be," she said determinedly.

"Good for you Mei Ling!" I thought, but didn't interrupt her to say it out loud.

"I was concerned the next morning when we met for breakfast because his mood was dark and his words were not friendly. He was barely polite to the wait staff and his tone was more biting as he pointed out to me several times while eating that I had to do what he told me that day," she said.

"He ate quickly and finished before me, but demanded that we leave anyway. After we left the restaurant, he walked us straight to his room and once the door closed, told me to get undressed so we could have sex. I said no and walked back toward the door so I could leave. He grabbed my shoulder to turn me around and then started kissing me hard as I struggled to break his grip on my shoulders," she said.

"I was finally able to make him stop when told him I needed a minute in the bathroom first and he let me go. Once inside, I locked the door and used the phone in there to call the front desk. I told them where I was and what had happened and one of the managers sent security immediately," she said and her body was trembling as she relived this memory.

"Two large men knocked on the door of his room and once it was opened, a third female guard rushed to the bathroom door and said she was there to escort me back to my own room. The male security guards kept him at a distance as I left while ignoring his angry shouts that he had done nothing wrong," she said.

"I was very upset, but the female guard comforted me as we shared a coffee while I calmed down. She also assured me that he was already being removed from the premises and that I would not have to face him again, but that was little comfort to me at the time," she said.

"I spent the remainder of the day crying in my room and wondering why other women seem so happy in their relationships and mine had all been miserable. I almost convinced myself it was probably because I was just a bad person and that somehow all of what happened to me was my fault. I thought about going home, but that didn't seem like it would help my situation either," she confessed.

"The head manager of the Resort stopped by my room to check on me, assure me that that guest had been removed, that charges were being filed against him, and to offer apologies for this failure of the screening process," she said.

"I shared my thoughts about leaving and she offered to make any arrangements necessary and a refund if that is what I decided, but suggested that trying with someone else would also be an option to consider," she said.

"That reminded me that I would get to pick someone for today and I remembered how kind you were to me at dinner and while we danced. I wanted to believe that you were different and wouldn't become someone else when we were alone," she said.

"I talked to the manager about you and she said that several other women had already put your name at the top of their list, but given what had happened to me earlier, she would let me select you ahead of them if I wanted. I was willing to give this place one more chance because of you and so far it seems like a good choice," she said and looked at me.

Now I had tears running down my face and Mei Ling reached out to hug me.

"I don't know what to say. You don't deserve any of what has happened to you and you are not the one at fault—it was definitely them!" I said.

"I'm sad that you have had such bad experiences and I can't change the past, but if you give me a chance, I'll try to convince you that not all men are that way. I promise to treat you with the care and respect you deserve," I said.

"Thank you William. Sharing that was probably the hardest thing I've ever done and your willingness to listen and still want to stay with me means more than you can possibly understand. I only wish I had meet you years ago," she said and hugged me harder.

"I'd like to go parasailing now and focus on spending a happy day together," Mei Ling said as she toke a deep breath and exhaled it forcefully and I saw a look of newfound confidence in her eyes.

"Definitely!" I said as I also took a deep breath and wiped away my own tears.

I was surprised when she took my hand in hers again as we walked back to the dock and this time she held it like a lover.

Mei Ling and I boarded the boat with another couple and the captain explained the process of donning our harnesses and the safety procedures before heading out and picking up speed as we left the calmer waters of the bay. Once we were far enough off shore, he idled the engine and checked our gear for correct fit and hooked the other female to the retractible cable.

We had decided among ourselves that we would go last as we had never done this before and wanted to watch someone else. The other couple completed their turns and seemed excited by the experience.

I had to admit their mood was infectious, but Mei Ling was like a giddy school girl at this point and gave me a pleading look about wanting to go next that was so comical that it made me laugh out loud.

She was obviously having such a good time in the air that I spoke quietly to the captain.

"Any chance you would let her stay airborne a little longer?" I asked.

"I saw her excitement while attaching the cable to her harness, so I was already planning on giving the little lady an extra minute or two," he nodded with a smile.

I thanked him and returned the binoculars to my eyes so I could watch her floating in the sky above us. When she returned to the boat and was free of the cable, she jumped into my arms and gave me a brief kiss on the lips, which seemed to surprised her as much as it did me. Realizing what she had done in her impulsive joy, she backed up and blushed.

"Oh William that was so much fun! You'll love it," she exclaimed trying to quickly cover her embarrassment.

It was indeed thrilling to see the beauty of the ocean and the island below me and the peace I felt as I floated above it all reminded me to keep my thoughts in perspective. My time in the air seemed too short, but I was glad get back to Mei Ling who was still almost bouncing with restrained excitement. She helped me out of my harness and sat tight against me as we headed back to shore, talking animatedly about her experience.

"Let's get some lunch and then afterward I thought it would be fun to go snorkeling. There is reef nearby that is supposed to have a variety of tropical fish to see," I said as we stepped onto the dock.

Mei Ling happily nodded and I put our names on the list for the outing that left in a couple of hours. Finished with lunch, we walked to her room so she could change into a swimsuit.

She invited me in and I took a seat on the sofa while she grabbed some items and headed into the bathroom. Intentional or not, the door did not completely close and I caught tantalizing glimpses of her body as she undressed and put on her suit.

Mei Ling emerged dressed in a bright yellow bikini that was partially obscured by a white mesh coverup. Her figure was trim and the cut of the suit showed this to full advantage. Her legs were gorgeous and I observed that her breasts were a little larger than her previous clothing had suggested.

She realized I was looking at her body and she reflexively started to pull the coverup tighter around her.

"I apologize for staring, but your husband was an idiot. You are beautiful and there will be other men staring in appreciation when they see you in that bikini," I said reassuringly.

She blushed and slowly dropped her arms to her side, allowing the coverup to fall back in place naturally.

"Do you really think so? No one has ever said that to me before," she asked hesitantly.

"Without a doubt! To be frank, I would have had a hard time keeping my hands off of you if I had been your husband," I answered emphatically.

Her cheeks became even redder with embarrassment, but she said nothing.