The Next Door Wolf Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What happened?" I asked.

"The attack came swift and fast. They took Dana and Christie."

"Remi?"

"Him too I think. I was out but they attacked me when I was out in the woods. I managed to escape and had been running ever since."

"Dumb luck to run into me."

"Right. It was like I knew where you were."

"That's good to an extent. I have been freaking out all day trying to piece things together and find a way to find you guys. Foxy was little help."

"The Fox lady?"

"Yeah."

"Glad she survived. Lady is a good asset to the pack, and hot too boot."

"So are you okay?" I asked. My eyes shifted from the road to look at her. Her skin was covered in red marks from where trees had no doubt scratched across the surface of her smooth skin.

"Yeah, just exhausted. Been running for a while. Bastards were determined to get me."

"Imagine running naked through the woods was hard?"

"Never gave me a chance to change. If they had, I would have torn them apart."

"No time to change?"

"No."

I sighed when I saw the time. It was too late to get the ingredients.

"Shit," I said.

"What?"

"I had a way to find Dana, but now it won't be possible until tomorrow.

"What was it?"

"I know you were a wild wolf, but have you heard of the telepathic link between true mates?"

"You and Dana have this?"

"Yeah it's kind of how she found out I was spying on her."

"No wonder she talked so much about you."

"She talks about me?"

"Focus Vance," Aysel said with laugh.

"Sorry," I said. "So yeah, the link works really well on her end, but not on mine. Figured I could take a potion that would boost my signal."

"Vance, you have a Kitsune in your pack."

"Who is shaken up."

"Turn around and go home. We need to get back, but Foxy will be able to boost the signal without a potion."

"How do you know?"

"You really know nothing huh?"

I became silent s I turned down a ramp to head home. I didn't get to drive often, but I was pretty good remembering side roads and what not. Thirty minutes later, we were pulling up into the driveway of my home.

"I should check on my mom," I said.

"Go ahead, I need to get a shower and I'll check on Foxy."

She was gone in a flash. I marveled at how natural she was in her nakedness. No running or anything. I watched her walk bare ass to Dana's house. It was as she walked up the stairs that I rushed out the car and catch up with her.

"Didn't you want to check on your mother?"

"Not here to ravish you Aysel, just make sure the house is clear."

She huffed at me, but man I can smell her. We went into the house, me first of course, and found Foxy in the destroyed living room.

"Hey Foxy," I said in greeting.

"Hey, you two."

Aysel didn't say anything but went by the Kitsune and fixed a chair to sit down in.

"You doing better?" I asked.

"My power is returning now, and my physical form is stable."

I smiled at that news, but I saw she only had two tails. If I remembered correctly, she had six, to begin with or maybe it was five. Either way, from what I had gathered her power would be diminished. I hope she could help but an awkward silence settled into the room.

"God Vance, just ask her for Christ's sake."

I looked over to Aysel who was looking at her hand.

"What do you want from me?" Foxy asked.

I explained the situation between me and Dana.

"Oh," she said. "She told me about that. I had forgotten."

"Who are you to Dana?" I abruptly asked.

"I am a sister. She tells me everything."

"Is that why-?"I didn't get to finish the question.

"Yes," she said. "It's why she has been distant from both of us actually since. She didn't know what to make of it with me."

And here I thought it was me that had set her off. I wish she would have talked to me about it. It's what a mate should do I think. Shouldn't every guy be there to listen?

"What are you guys talking about?" Aysel asked.

"Nothing," Foxy said with a snap back.

"Fine, keep your secrets," she replied before stomping out the room.

"What was that about?" I asked Foxy.

"Pack mentalities with werewolves are complex."

Whatever that meant.

"So what did you want to ask me?" Foxy said with a sigh.

"I wanted to see if you could boost a telepathic link between me and Dana."

Foxy's eyes lit up and matched mine.

"I can, but at a great price."

"I'll pay it," I said without hesitation.

"Not for you but for me."

"Oh," I said.

"To do it, I would have to sacrifice a tail."

I must have looked confused.

"A Kistune's power is contained in its tails. The more tails, the more power," she said. "They stop magic like a battery would store power. Each complete tail though can be used to perform a miracle."

"This situation doesn't seem like it needs a miracle," I said interrupting her to her obvious annoyance.

"Werewolf Vance," she said continuing. "I am not a werewolf. If you were one of me, I could do what you asked but in order to interact with your species, I have to bridge that gap with a miracle."

"What happens if you do?"

"I lose much of my power," she said. "I used three tails to keep myself alive."

Man did I feel like the worse person in the world at that moment. She had lost almost everything because of me.

"Why?" I asked.

"I know what you mean and it was for her," she said.

"Are you in love with her?"

She laughed at me.

"No, you foolish boy. Like I said, we are sisters."

"Like actual sisters?"

"Not blood, but she helped me once and helped me gain my second tail."

"If we leave her, she will die."

"You don't have to tell me that," she said angrily. "I plan on giving up my tail, just need to get the idea to set in."

"Oh," I said.

"Oh is right. If you fail to save her Vance, I will ask a friend to bring me your soul to torture for as long as I can."

I swallowed hard.

"I don't intend to fail to get her back or my pack."