All Comments on 'The Non-Standard Man Ch. 14'

by MissPrim

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Thank you Miss Prim

for another chapter!

I loved the courtroom drama and the threat from Roger's mother. It seems you intend for our heroes to be surrounded by enemies on all sides. I was surprised by the actions of Cicily Wells though perhaps I ought not to have been. I'm still not sure if her motivation is care for Andrew or simply for her own legacy, still it does move her a little out of the "enemy" category and closer to being an ally.

I love the fact that all these characters have multiple reasons for doing what they are doing. Lots of grey (though some are just plain bad, no bones about it) in the story.

I do like Evaline's attitude about "trusting no one". I would love to learn more about her past and what made her so adept at reading situations and the politics of intrigue that surround her.

Did I mention I love your writing Miss Prim?

I love your writing.

Francis_Toliver

francis_toliverfrancis_toliverover 9 years ago
Another comment...

I reread the chapter (I do that with the good stories) and something struck me. You do a really good job of building this feeling for the reader of our heroes being under siege. Surrounded and isolated. One has the sense of them being in a castle (Evaline provides that feeling through her masterful skill and competence) but the threat from the armies at the walls slowly builds along with the tension of "will she be enough to save them!?!" I don't know if that makes sense, but you do a great job of balancing both those feelings/perceptions. It makes for a very wonderful read.

Thank you again Miss Prim

Francis_Toliver

cantfightfatecantfightfateover 9 years ago
Really wish Roger wasn't there.

He is ruining the reunion. Otherwise, a good update!

MissPrimMissPrimover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the comments!

@Francis_Toliver--Thank you very much. Readers like you spur me on! Just for you I added pieces of Evaline's backstory in the next chapter.

@cantfightfate--Yes, Roger is a problem, at least for now. I've given a good deal of thought about Roger's fate, and let's just say the next chapter is revealing.

The rough draft for chapter 15 is done. The pain isn't over for our heroes yet. I'll go over it again today, and hopefully have it posted to moderation tonight (1/08.) Going over what needs resolution I think there will be at least three more chapters after but maybe five. We'll see how it goes. But I do have to finish soon because I've put in a few pages on my next piece, "A Priestess of Isis" and I want to get on that.

Again, everyone, thanks for reading!

BenByTheWayBenByTheWayabout 9 years ago

Roger is possibly the worst homosexual I've ever read of. I can understand that this is a fantasy, but rewriting a person for the sake of fulfilling your scenario seems wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
3

well done on the 3 way plot and character dev.

miklosfairmiklosfairover 7 years ago
Just when I thought I'd read everything...

Just when I thought I'd read everything, A three-way between husband, wife and a robot...Wow!

MissPrimMissPrimabout 7 years agoAuthor
You gotta love

@miklosfair--you've gotta love a genre that allows for so much flexibility. ;)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMissPrim@MissPrim
Annoyingly cheerful in the morning. Thankfully, that wears off by the end of the day. Have no cats, 4 adult children, and no boyfriends. Hmmm, something is not quite right here. Writing is my day job.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES