The Now Former Lady Deveroux Ch. 08

Story Info
Samantha and Esther enjoy a private cottage in the country.
6.9k words
4.83
2.9k
8

Part 8 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/13/2023
Created 02/21/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Eight

Samantha resolves, then and there, that when she returns to Bellchester the first thing she will do is tell Peter Thornbry "thank you" a thousand times. 

Peter's cottage rests between two reasonable and unassuming hills out in the countryside, the sort where a mild-mannered woods tucks in between the curved slopes. Weaving between the rolling green mounds is a small creek, wide in places and narrow in others, which releases a soothing gurgle as the water cascades along rocks a little further down. It stands in its own place, far enough away from its neighbors that it feels private and secluded, yet close enough that it does not feel like wilderness. It was delightfully rural. 

The poet apparently liked his quiet and comely home, decorating the wood thatched roof with a crown of branches tied together along the rim and a row of rose thickets along the front walkway, where the dirt turns back into cobblestone just before the door. The oak walls are smooth and well-treated, and from the outside it seems that it could be the home of some retired prince, dedicated to living a folksy life apart from the pomp and circumstance of nobility. 

The walk requires some effort and only a little past half a day, though Samantha delights in the sweet pleasure it is to be alongside Esther for the duration. Once they'd departed far enough off of the main road, the Sister even felt brave enough to remove her head covering and to timidly lower her hand into Samantha's, squeezing it whenever Samantha said something which made her laugh, which was delightfully often.

Esther regales her of the orphanage's horrid past week, as Sisters and children fell sick in waves, the healthy taking care of the ailing and then swapping as illness struck them as well. Sister Levy seems to have made it through relatively unscathed, apart from the haunting sounds of Sister Mabel coughing the whole night through the prior few evenings. The Mother Superior was more than happy to grant Esther a trip away from the convent to spend time in the countryside in prayer, at least in part so that it was less crowded in the now recovering building. 

Samantha twists Peter's key through the lock and allows the door to swing open, stepping aside and enjoying the cool still air of a home that has been left alone for a few weeks. She sets her two bags down, rolling her shoulders and removing her shoes as her body seems grateful to give up the journey and succumb to rest. Though Esther has other plans, and as soon as she's closed the door behind the two of them Samantha feels the Sister throw herself into her arms and kiss her. 

Samantha allows her the pleasure, embracing Esther while sighing contentedly. She pulls her mouth away enough to speak and remarks, "Eager you are, my dear." 

"Shut up and kiss me." 

Feeling a bit teasing, Samantha dodges Esther's next effort and steps further into the home, taking in the rustic and homely feel about it. "Before a tour of our lovely abode?" 

The cabin was small, yet comfortable in all ways it needed to be. A long rug stretches across the floor, adding a splash of red to accent the dark walls. A furnace with a small kitchen is tucked away in the nearest corner, while a wide couch rests against the back wall. Heavy curtains sit over the windows, yet once Samantha opens them she is delighted by how the light rakes across the room and brightens it all. Peter has exquisite taste, and a small library and set of reading chairs dominates the final corner of the room. Down the hallway to the right appears to be a quaint bathroom and comfortable bedroom.

"Mistress," Esther insists, stepping into the center of the room. "I need you." 

"Patience, my dear-," 

"I waited," she croaks, and Samantha turns to see Esther kneeling on the floor behind her. There's an adorable blush across her cheeks, one which seems nearly permanent when in Samantha's presence these days. "I obviously thought about you constantly," Esther continues, almost breathless, eyes affixed to the ground before her. "But... I've not... I've not touched myself since we last spoke." 

"Truly?" Samantha's voice feels very nearly giddy. 

"Truly." 

She rises and squats before the kneeling Sister, placing a sympathetic pout upon her lips while her eyes light up. "Poor thing, you must be in such pain." 

"Which is why I need you." 

"Oh, pretty girl, I'm sure you do," she purrs. "Please stand."  

Samantha gently lifts Esther's arms to encourage her up. She allows the Sister to watch her eyes mischievously cross over her form, then raises a hand to the collar of her habit. Carefully and slowly, Samantha slips her fingers underneath the fabric to grab at its edges, adjusting it so that the robes could simply slide off of Esther without any difficulty. They tumble down to the ground, landing onto the floor in a bundle at her feet, leaving Esther in nothing but her undergarments. 

She glides her palms down Esther's arms, putting a little pressure into the gesture as though to communicate for her to stay motionless. "Now, remain there," Samantha directs, savoring the supplicating look in Esther's eyes. "I shall return in a moment." 

Samantha retrieves her bag and brings it into the bedroom, where a wide mattress with a heavy blue duvet awaits her. She opens the bag and places its contents in a neat, orderly pattern on the blanket, smiling excitedly as she considers each item in her palm before placing it. Just before the final item, she retrieves the small note which simply reads, Pick One. She clicks her heels together and strolls back out to Esther. 

"To the bedroom with you," she commands. "I shall be here when you return." 

Esther nods and departs to the bedroom. Samantha opens her second bag and acquires the other objects of her grand plan; a meager tin of petroleum jelly, and a usefully shaped glass instrument, small enough to fit in the palm of her hand, with a flared base to ensure its functionality. She sets both onto the counter and begins pulling out ingredients for dinner. 

At the sound of Esther's approaching feet, Samantha turns, briefly abandoning composure for the sake of her excitement. Esther has retired her plain, cotton undergarments, and now sports a navy blue laced corset, accompanied by a matching garter and stocking set. Her face is bright pink, and even from a few steps away Samantha is convinced she can see the girl's heart beating against her chest. 

"Oh, my dear," she sighs, her eyes scouring over Esther's soft skin, "I can hardly bear how beautiful you are. What did you choose?" 

"Thank you, Mistress," she squeaks, then reveals the item she was holding behind her back. "Riding crop," she says quietly, setting it onto the counter next to the tin and plug. "What's this?" 

 Samantha leans a hip onto the counter and takes the glass plug in her hands, wrapping her fingers around it in such a way that Esther would not wish to look at anything else. "I should like you on your best behavior. This," she holds it forth, "is to ensure you won't be." 

"It rather seems you are setting me up for failure." 

"I'm sure you'll hate the punishment," she chirps, stepping behind Esther and placing a string of kisses along the back of her neck. "Bend over, chest down on the counter, knees together." She gives Esther a moment to comply, then sets her palm on the square of her back and pushes it down with a stern force. She pushes her hips forward, circling them against Esther's bottom in a way that causes the Sister's breath to catch in her throat.

 "I'm sure you have also been dreaming of what this time between us will be like," Samantha tells her. "So have I." She pushes forward a little more, enjoying the corresponding exhale it causes. "I'll not let the suspense consume you. I am going to tease you, constant and relentless, until you are groveling on the floor crying out for me." 

"I... I already do that, Mistress," Esther hums. 

Samantha leans forth to let her voice tickle in Esther's ear. "Not like this." She consummates it with a soft press of her lips just behind the lobe. "And once I am satisfied that you are desperate enough, then I shall do what I want with you. Now, say thank you." 

"Thank you, Mistress." 

She picks up the tin of jelly and lathers a healthy amount onto the plug, running the pads of her fingers teasingly over Esther's hole. She giggles roguishly, then places the tip of the toy where her fingers just were, enjoying how Esther's hips tense from the cold and from the anticipation. "Deep breath in," she coaches, and once Esther's chest rises, Samantha slides the toy into her. 

Esther whimpers, a soft noise escaping her as the plug rests onto its flared base and hugs onto her, remaining fixed in place. Samantha steps forward into her once more, adjusting so that her own clit rests against the base of the toy. She hums as she pushes into her, savoring the warm feeling. 

"Now... let's see if our pretty girl enjoyed that," Samantha purrs, leaning forward to slip her hand down the front of Esther's abdomen and allowing her fingers to gently wrap around her struggling erection. The Sister squirms at the touch, her exhales escaping her with an increased desperation, and Samantha slowly strokes her, circling the pad of her index finger along the tip of the soft organ. "Already wet and straining..." 

Esther's hands grip the side of the counter as she tries to keep herself steady, and Samantha allows her a few blissful moments to savor the feeling. "As for your selection," she continues, picking up the riding crop and placing it parallel to Esther's spine, "do you want to know what this is for" 

"Yes, Mistress," Esther gasps. 

Samantha teases the flexible leather tip along the skin of Esther's back, letting it trace her muscles. "This is for correction and motivation," she explains, bending the tip against her so she can get a feel for its weight. "Every time you beg me to fuck you before I decide you are ready, you'll receive five spanks with this crop. Understood?" 

"Yes, Mistress." 

"It will stack cumulatively with each offense. You've already begged me twice, which has earned you fifteen strokes." Samantha softly taps the crop against her a few times. "Would you like those now, Sister Levy, or would you like them all at once later?" 

Esther takes a deep breath, her voice a little shaky from Samantha's touch. "Now, please, Mistress." 

Samantha nods, then feels a little foolish realizing Esther can't see her. She steps back and taps the crop on the inside of Esther's thigh. "Widen your stance, hands together on your back." Esther complies, her cheek pressing down into the hardwood of the counter. "I would like you to count them aloud. We'll start easy." 

Spank. 

"One." 

Spank.

"Two." 

Spank. 

"Three."

Spank. 

"Four." 

Spank. 

"Five." 

"Those didn't seem to bother you very much at all," Samantha banters. "I'll have to put some more effort into it." 

Her next strike lands on the opposite cheek, and cracks out into the room as she uses nearly as much force as she can muster. Esther yelps, then timidly croaks, "Six." 

"And how was that?" 

Esther tilts her head so that Samantha can see her face. "Angel," she grins. 

Pleased, Samantha quickly doles out four more strikes, adoring the pained gasps Esther releases with each one. "Those ones very nearly left a mark," she muses, running the crop over the red spots forming. "Wonderful. Five more." 

Her final five crack out with as much force as she can manage, in a fast enough barrage that Esther struggles to count them out. Samatha quickly drops the crop when it is completed and leans over Esther, sweetly kissing her neck and wrapping her arms around her torso. "Now," she whispers, "Has sweet, innocent Sister Levy learned her lesson?" 

"You're enjoying this," Esther accuses. 

"More than I expected," Samantha pips. "You're unbearably adorable when you whimper and squirm. It almost makes me want to..." She clicks her tongue and shakes her head. "Well, I shouldn't say. We've still got a ways to go before you are desperate enough. Say 'thank you.'" 

"Thank you, Mistress." Esther turns around and embraces her, and Samantha feels a proud warmth at the feeling of the girl's erection poking against her navel. When Esther pulls back, her eyes glimmer in a doe-like glee. "I cannot believe you." 

"Am I being unfair?" 

Esther shakes her head and places a quick peck on her lips. "I have never felt I could be such a person as I am with you." Her eyes dart away. "Anyone else would look upon my enjoyment of this and call it distasteful, embarrassing." 

Samantha rests a hand on Esther's cheek. "Personally, I find it rather admirable. Esther, I shall never judge you for your tastes, especially not when in so doing I would condemn myself as well."

 Stepping away, Samantha makes herself busy with preparations for dinner. It takes a few moments of searching to locate a cutting board, and soon after she is chopping vegetables with the gusto and ease of a woman who was quickly becoming practiced in the art. A tender warmth rests in her chest, settling into the sweet joy of knowing she and Esther were now alone for the next few days, unhindered by the constant fear of discovery. 

"I am curious," she says at last, now turning to the task of securing rice and butter for her risotto. "Why do you derive so much pleasure from pain? Do you believe it a deserved punishment of sorts?" 

"Not so," Esther shakes her head, only to tilt it into a shrug. "Well, not completely," she admits. "For me, there appears to be something about my flesh which finds it invigorating, electrifying. And... Well, nuns are expected to submit to the will of God. It seems I enjoy submission enough to take it up as a hobby as well." 

"Well, I understand that," Samantha muses, thinking back to how often women seemed to enjoy giving in to whatever she wanted with them. "It's the masochism I am curious about." 

"You're the sadist, you tell me," Esther remarks, recovering a stool for herself to perch upon as she watches Samantha cook. She releases a low noise as she sits down, briefly forgetting about the toy inside of herself, and Samantha delights in it. 

"It feels rather straightforward," she replies, setting a pot onto the stove to begin heating. "It's adorable to watch you shiver and contort and cry out in delight." 

"Yes, but usually one enjoys such a scene from sexual euphoria," Esther contests. "How many do you think enjoy watching a beautiful woman - your words - cry out in pain?" 

"More than you'd think, and more than you'd like," Samantha says from the corner of her mouth. She pauses and considers for a moment, then explains, "I enjoy it because of the delight it brings you. And it is a notable boost to my ego to see a woman so rapturously enamored with me." 

Esther looks pleased, and continues on watching Samantha cook while letting her legs dangle from the stool. Samantha constantly steals glances at her, adoring not only how gorgeously the corset pushes out her breasts, or how soft and tender her legs look in the stockings, or even how she can see Esther purse her lips and enjoy the feeling of the toy inside of her; but for how simply beautiful for her face is. The mere sight of it sends Samantha's chest buzzing with warmth, and she is constantly surprised by the depth of feeling the Sister's presence stirs in her. 

She's well underway at the task of stirring the rice into the butter when Esther speaks up, continuing the conversation from before as though it had never paused. "I... for me, it is the total absence of power or control I experience. The pain will be there, and I must simply surrender myself to its force." Esther takes a breath and presses on. "I never much felt like I was capable of holding the reins to my life. Be it marriage to anyone willing, worship to the Lord God Almighty, or submitting to your love, I shall always be in pursuit of some way to relinquish my hold." 

Samantha peaks up from her work to find a shining glimmer in Esther's eyes, and is surprised to find the Sister's voice betrays a near capacity to cry as she adds, "There are many ways this instinct has brought me to harm. The Sisters, and you, thus far to be the only safe place for me to practice it without fear of falling into something terrible." 

"My dear," Samantha makes a soft noise, stepping away from the pot to embrace her and wipe away the single tear upon her cheeks. "I shall never allow myself to lead you into such harm." 

Esther clears her throat and nods, pulling back from the hug and quickly recomposing herself. "At any rate..." She gestures for Samantha to continue cooking and settles back into a more solid state. "Jesus," she shakes her head in disbelief, "how strange it is to have such a conversation dressed so scandalously and with a device in my ass." 

"The wonders of love, evidently," Samantha giggles. 

"Speaking of such. How has it come to be that in such a short time you have become a woman confident in her love for me?" Esther asks, leaning forward and resting her elbows onto her knees, until she realizes that it nearly sends one of her breasts spilling out from the corset and she sits back up. "When we first met, you seemed a wreck, unsure of yourself and skeptical of your emotions. Am I simply that special or has God worked a miracle?" 

"If I were confident in acknowledging the existence of a God, I would say both without hesitation," Samantha replies, her arm circling the wooden spoon around the bottom of the pot to prevent the risotto from burning. She thinks for a moment. "I believe it is not simply that your provided perspective I was sorely lacking; you found me in a position where I had nothing else. Had you spoken to me in such a way while I was still a Lady, envied and prominent, I would have laughed you away without another thought." Her voice grows quieter as she adds, "What a tragedy that would have been." 

"Careful, dear," Esther's joking tone piques, "with words such as that I might begin to believe you prefer your life with me over and against all of your former wealth and status." 

"I do," Samantha says, placing the wooden spoon down on the counter and feeling something significant stir in her chest. Esther glares at her, surprise washed across her face. "I'm not sure I considered it until this moment, but, if given the choice of either life I would select you without hesitation," she concludes. Then, "I... I quite like my life as it is now. I never thought I would say such a baffling thing." 

She's just about to express her gratitude when she feels Esther's arms wrap around her from behind, squeezing her tightly back into her chest. The Sister presses her lips onto the base of Samantha's neck, then simply rests her forehead against the soft cotton of her shirt. After a few moments, Esther sighs, "Oh... I should really like it if you were to lay with me now." 

"Before dinner?" Samantha raises an eyebrow. "Fifteen lashes, my dear." 

-- -- -- 

Journaling was one of Esther's predominant habits. She could often be found sitting upon the couch at 167th Mill Street, journal across her knees and pen in hand, sometimes scribbling frantically, sometimes staring away lost in thought. It was something which Samantha admired, so she purchased a journal for herself and brought it with them to Peter's cottage, figuring she would use it as a way to aid her discernment. 

As she sits this evening, tucked away in one of the comfortable reading chairs in the living room, enjoying the crackling fire in the fireplace and the flickering light across the room, Samantha finds herself unfortunately disinterested in the activity. She scratches a few sentences on the first page, nothing of any substance, and tries to figure out why Esther was so taken with the practice. Though, her focus on the task is continually interrupted by the sounds of Esther's heavenly whimpers bouncing out from the center of the room.