The Oathkeepers Ch. 02

Story Info
Zoe learns about the Oathkeepers.
7.1k words
4.71
15.2k
15

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/17/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Aegis thought his chest would burst as he watched Zoe. His head swam, his vision narrowing until only Zoe existed. Her smooth, flushed skin seemed so warm, so much more alive against Paragon's glinting, golden body. The vision of her left him reeling. And his cock ached for her. As her cries echoed through the hall, Paragon pulled her in tight against his chest.

They climaxed together and she bucked, whining and radiant as Paragon's cock twitched inside her. Aegis swallowed, clenching his fists, trying to calm his own racing heart and throbbing arousal. And then she glanced back to him. As her hips moved slowly, milking the last of her orgasm her glistening blue eyes found his. Her gaze pierced him, and time slowed to a grinding halt as she watched him while crushing her pussy against Paragon. He tried to close his mind to her psychic energy, but she pulsed, her wild, untrained human mind reverberated against him.

Paragon grasped Zoe's head, tilted her face back to his and the spell was broken. Aegis watched as Paragon kissed her deeply, murmured lovingly into her ear. Her body melted into him as Paragon ran his long fingers up and down her back, brushing her blonde hair from her shoulders.

All through the high-ceilinged throne room the other Oathkeepers in attendance watched with rapt attention as Paragon laid claim to his newest human. Aegis tried to block out their murmuring approval as they studied the quivering, golden haired human.

Paragon flicked his eyes to Aegis over Zoe's shoulder. "Aegis. Take her to my suite. See that she's situated," he commanded.

Aegis set his mouth and stepped forward, reaching for her. As he touched her heated skin, she shivered, dropping her head and rubbing at her sweat-slick face. He lifted her gently from Paragon's golden cock. As he swept her up into his arms, she quivered, shoving her face again into his shoulder and wrapping her arms around herself. His heart hammered as he adjusted her, feeling the slick mixture of her own juices and Paragon's seed.

As he turned Paragon's voice stabbed at his back. "And Aegis, you've already failed me in bringing her unmarred. I think your new job will be to ensure she remains untouched. By anyone."

Aegis gritted his teeth, set his face in a neutral expression as he turned back. "Of course, Paragon." He bowed, then strode from the throne room.

He held her tight against his chest as he walked, her breath had finally calmed, but seemed labored from the atmosphere. Her skin was still red, hot and so soft against his hands. He tried not to jostle her as he walked, hoping to let her stay in whatever far place her mind had escaped to. The urge to dip his head, brush a kiss against her brow nudged at him. Nearly as insistent as the hard swell of his cock against his leg. He came to Paragon's suite and the Garnet standing guard nodded to him as he opened the door.

Aegis stepped into the room, pausing for a moment. Bath or bed? He glanced down to her, saw tears trickled down her flushed cheeks. "Would you like to bathe?" he asked softly.

She stiffened in his arms, glanced up to meet his eyes, then quickly looked away. She scanned the room, her hands tightening around herself. "Fuck you," she said softly. She began to squirm, trying to escape his arms.

Aegis smoothly released her, setting her feet back on the ground then stepping back. "I'll send a couple attendants if you'd like a bath." He turned on his heel and exited the room. Her wide blue eyes glared, accusing and hate-filled.

~~

Zoe stood in the cavernous room. An immense bed stood in the center, easily twice as big as the biggest bed she'd ever seen. Alarmingly, several golden cuffs were attached in strategic positions on its edges. She gave the bed a wide birth and turned to survey the rest of the room. A large fireplace and seating area against one wall. Double doors to a terrace against the other. And then another arching doorway, she finally placed the burbling sound as water from that direction. Shivering, she clutched at herself, felt the dribble of golden semen down her leg. She was filthy.

Crossing the room, she peeked through the archway in the bath. A large round tub gurgled in the middle of the room. Various breezy tapestries, shelves filled with towels and mysterious bottles and vials lined the walls. Glancing back into the larger room, Zoe set her back and entered the bath. Dipping a toe, she hissed. The water was nearly scalding. She sat on the ledge sinking her feet achingly slow into the heated water. The hot, heavy air of Homeworld sat against her chest leaving her lightheaded. Gritting her teeth, she grabbed a towel from one of the shelves and dipped it into the water. As she pressed the steaming towel to her face she finally sighed, let her shoulders loosen. She rubbed the towel along her neck, swiping at her sweat. As her feet acclimated to the water she eased lower into the pool, lowering herself until she was submerged to her thighs. The scalding water itched and took her breath away, leaving her panting and flushed.

Suddenly she heard the door of the suite open again. With a yelp, she dropped the rest of the way into the pool, ducking down up to her neck. The fearsome Aegis stalked back into the suite followed by two smaller white Oathkeepers.

The water sucked the air from her lungs. The heat rose around her, pounded into her head and black edged into her vision. The sound of the churning water fell away, replaced by a ringing in her ears. Then the black rose behind her eyes and there was nothing else.

~~

Aegis glanced around the room quickly, no Zoe. His eyes snapped to the bath, and he found her head peeking just over the lip of the pool. As he watched her eyes went heavy and then she was gone. "No!" he barked and swooped across the room. She'd sunk below the surface, her eyes closed and her golden hair floating in a halo around her perfect face. He scooped her up, pulling her from the pool. Holding her against his chest, he lightly tapped at her back. Her skin felt like it would burn into him.

Whipping around to one of the Ivories her barked, "Get something to cool her down."

The Ivory paled and turned to hurry from the room. Aegis hurried from the bath and beelined to the terrace. Kicking the door open, he glanced back to the other Ivory, "Bring me a towel and some water."

He waited impatiently as the Ivory hurried across the room with a couple of the plush towels. Reading his mind, she laid one out on the stone of the terrace. Aegis knelt, gently laying Zoe out on the towel. She looked so tiny, so breakable. He ground his teeth. His job was to keep her unbroken, untouched and unmarred and he seemed to be failing at every turn... The Ivory knelt across from him and handed him a cup of water. They both turned as the second Ivory returned, she carried a bowl of ice.

"Good. Press the ice against her wrists, her temples. You see her veins? We must cool the blood underneath," he instructed the two Ivories. They were nearly human sized, only half a foot taller than little Zoe. Gentle females with their long, pale beige fingers.

Aegis knelt at her head, found his fingers anxiously stroking along her forehead as he watched the Ivories work. Eventually Zoe stirred, her hand fluttered to her head. She grasped at him as her eyes sluggishly opened. He peered down at her as her vision returned. Her eyes slowly focused on him and widened slightly. She twitched, jerking her head a bit to glance around. She took in the Ivories, still gently caressing the ice against her pulse-points. Finally, her eyes found his again. Like in the throne room the world fell away from him. Only the rich blue of her eyes existed, and he found his other hand moving to her cheek, cupping her face tenderly.

"You're all right," he choked out.

"No I'm not," she whispered and a tear slid down her cheek.

~~

Zoe found herself grasping Aegis. His hand engulfed hers and held her in the present while his other hand tenderly cupped her cheek. His thumb moved lightly, traced the rise of her cheek and she realized he was swiping away the tears that ran down her face.

Finally, he coughed, pulled his eyes from hers and nodded at the two Oathkeeper women that still knelt on either side of her. "Bring her some clothes and some food."

The two smoothly stood and returned inside to move quietly around the suite. Aegis helped her sit up and she suddenly remember her nakedness. Her body ached, the skin between her legs was raw and swollen. She reached a hand to cover her breasts and hissed as she brushed her sore nipples. She found herself glancing up again to Aegis but his head was lifted, avoiding her eyes. His hands against her were so steady, cool and hard like the onyx of his namesake. In the orange, late morning light his hardened skin seemed to glow as it absorbed the sun.

One of the Oathkeeper women padded toward them and gingerly offered a golden robe. "You can wear this now. I've laid out some other dresses you might like as well. Or I can find something else. Just let me know what you prefer," she said softly. Her voice was velvety, deeply comforting. Zoe tentatively took the robe, studying the female Oathkeeper. She was lovely, her skin was nearly the same shade as Zoe's, but it didn't have any of the flush or pink of a humans. She was an eerie, monotone beige. Instead of hair, soft downy feathers covered her head. Her eyes were the color of a milky tea as she smiled soothingly at down at Zoe.

Zoe again slid her eyes to Aegis. His obsidian skin seemed to suck the warmth from her, the black pools of his eyes studied her as he waited for her to take the robe. "So only females have feathers?" she found herself asking as she finally took the robe.

The woman laughed softly as Aegis twitched. He stood carefully, pulling her up with him as she tugged the robe over her shoulders. "Yes," he said stiffly. Zoe cinched the robe around her waist and swayed a moment on her feet as she looked around the terrace. Again, Aegis's hand was on her waist to steady her, and he urged her back into the suite. "You should eat. Your body is too frail. You've overtaxed it today."

I'VE overtaxed it?" she snapped as she jerked away from him and re-entered the room.

Aegis stayed silent as he followed at her heels towards the sitting area across from the fireplace. The other Oathkeeper had laid out several trays of alien looking foods of every color under the sun. Zoe eyed the three aliens in the room as they watched her intently. Shrugging, she dropped onto the oversized chaise and plucked a round-cherry like fruit from one of the trays and tried to ignore them.

Aegis spoke quietly to the other two and Zoe heard them slip from the room. Sneaking a look over her shoulder she found him standing stiff next to the door. His eyes were closed as if he was gathering himself. He rolled his massive shoulders and his wings twitched anxiously. She watched him clench and unclench his hands and then his eyes flipped open again to find her watching him. Zoe set her mouth and glared at him. "So what? You're my guard now?"

"Essentially," he rumbled.

"You're just going to stand there staring at me until your Paragon wants to fuck me again?"

"Yes."

Heat rose in Zoe's chest as she narrowed her eyes at him. With a grunt she turned back to her food. Tucking her feet under the robe she surveyed the assorted trays. As much as she tried to ignore him though, she felt Aegis's eyes drilling into her back. Finally, she sighed and turned back to him. "Come stand over here at least. It unnerves me you standing behind me."

Aegis clenched his jaw, but reluctantly complied. He crossed the room in a few large strides and stood next to the fireplace. His eyes darted, looking everywhere but at her. "Tell me about your Paragon," she finally broke the silence as she ate.

He flicked his unreadable eyes to her, considering. "What do you want to know?"

"I don't know. What SHOULD I know?"

Aegis cocked his head. "Paragon is a fair and just leader. His word is law. He is the anointed, the Keeper of Oaths. We all swear our loyalty to him as the last Gilded."

Zoe perked. "The last?"

"Yes." Seeing her curiosity he continued, "His mother was the last female Gilded. Her death marked the beginning of the end for our race. Paragon will be the last Gilded the world will see."

Zoe gaped at him. "I don't understand."

Aegis set his mouth as he studied her. He eventually rolled his neck and seemed to search for where to start. "The mating of Oathkeepers is complicated. Only a Gilded female can bear other Gilded. A Gilded male can mate with other colors, but unless he mates with another gold, the offspring will only ever be the color of his mate. Or a lower variety."

Zoe blinked at him. "So...if he mates with a white—"

"Ivory they are called."

Zoe nodded, impatient. "Sure, with an Ivory. He can only have Ivories since they're you're what...lowest variety?"

Aegis nodded.

"If he mated with a Bronze?"

"Then likely the clutch would contain a Bronze or two and then any other assortment of colors."

"But never a gold?"

"No," Aegis confirmed.

"What about an Onyx?"

Aegis snorted a laugh. "There are no female Onyx."

Zoe nodded her head slowly, the information was jarring. Interesting. As much as she tried to remember her own terrifying situation, learning more about the mysterious and secluded Oathkeepers had her leaning forward, wanting to know more.

"So how are Onyx born?"

"Only from a Gilded female as well."

Zoe rocked back as she blinked at Aegis. Her eyes ran again over the massive alien that cocked his head at her. The harsh ridges on his head caught the light. She realized they stood where Paragon's horns had been. Her new bodyguard was the largest Oathkeeper she'd seen yet, and she suddenly imagined the universe never seeing another of his kind and the thought sent an ache into her heart.

"You're the last of your kind," she whispered.

Aegis bowed his head. "Yes, I have less than a hundred Onyx brothers left. But Paragon is alone." He paused and his eyes softened. "You are here to comfort him in his loss. He craves a mate, but another Oathkeeper just reminds him of what he can never have."

"Do you crave a mate as well?" Zoe asked impulsively.

~~

Aegis rocked back as if struck, but then he shook his head. "I don't think about it." Again his heart hammered within his chest as he lied to her.

Zoe held his eye as she sat curled on the chaise. Her pale hair fell around her shoulders, drying in thick cascades a few shades lighter than the golden robe she wore. Her lovely, exotic beauty took his breath away. Her cheeks were still flushed, her lips a tempting pink and her eyes an astounding blue. It was like she embodied the best parts of each Oathkeeper color. Except Onyx. There was nothing hard and dangerous in her. Nothing like a creature built for war. Aegis looked away.

~~

Zoe stirred on the chaise. She'd curled into a ball and sleep had finally taken her under the watchful eye of her intimidating bodyguard. Her eyes flickered open, and she cast around for what had woken her. Aegis was gone from his spot next to the fireplace. A gentle hand smoothed the hair on her head, and she twisted to find the source.

Paragon stood over her, a benevolent smile on his handsome, alien face. "My Zoe. Did you have a nice rest?" His spiraling horns caught the light from the crackling fire behind her, they gleamed as he bent his head towards her. His eyes glowed as well in the dim light, molten, liquid gold.

"I uh," she looked around desperately. Were they alone? Then she found Aegis again standing sentinel by the door. "I'm sore," she said lamely.

He tsked and ran a hand along her cheek. "Aegis. Be sure to send for some ointments for Zoe. Have you started her on the treatments?" He finally spared a look to the Onyx across the room.

Aegis cleared his throat. "Not yet, Paragon. They've found it best to wait until the human body adjusts to the atmosphere. Keeper said we can start her tomorrow."

"I see." Paragon looked back to Zoe, gave her an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry my love, you'll just have to endure for now." His hand dropped, moved down to her neck and Zoe resisted the urge to jerk away. She found her eyes flicking to Aegis. He was her protector. From everyone but the one person she wanted protection from...

She forced her eyes back to Paragon. His gaze darkened as he traced his fingers lower, tugging her robe open. Her hands flew to try to pull it back closed and Paragon's brow furrowed, and he pierced her with a look. "Stop." The weight of the word sat against her chest, froze her hands.

He grabbed the edges of the robe and jerked it open, brushing her hands aside. Smoothly he grabbed her under the arms and lifted her from the chaise, pushing the robe from her. It dropped, pooling in a golden puddle on the ground and Zoe wanted badly to join it.

"There, that's better isn't it?" Paragon said to no one in particular. Setting her back down on her feet he stepped back, sweeping his eyes hungrily over her body. Knowing it would only provoke him again if she tried to cover herself, she stood still, clenching her hands in fists as she watched him. Though he was smaller than Aegis—everyone was it seemed—he still towered over her. Her mind began to ping randomly as she focused on guessing his height, distracting herself from the terror that bubbled within. 7'5"? Taller? If Aegis was nearly eight feet tall...

Paragon glanced behind him. "She really is perfect, isn't she Aegis?"

"Perfect," was the low answer from the Onyx.

Paragon's face hardened slightly, and he turned slightly. "That wasn't very convincing Aegis. Is there something you'd improve upon?"

"Of course not," came Aegis's quick answer. "She's exquisite," he rasped out. Zoe snapped her head up and met Aegis's eye from across the room. The black pool was unreadable, but she saw the clenching of his jaw. Paragon's hand cupped her breast, pulling her eyes back to his with a sharp inhale. He stood over her, studying her expression, a slow smile playing on his face.

"Aegis thinks you're exquisite Zoe." He thumbed a nipple and smiled at her quickened breath. "Do you feel exquisite?" Before she could answer he rolled the nipple between his fingers and slid his other hand between her legs. "I think you do."

He cupped her sex, held his cool palm firm against her as his other hand teased her nipples. Even though her mind screamed to jerk away from him, she held herself still, sent her rebelling mind away and focused only on the heat he awoke within her. She could not fight back. Paragon was inescapable. The only way to survive was to give in. To let her body respond. As he twisted a nipple she jerked and the rush of moist heat elicited a grin from Paragon. He moved to her other breast, tugging and pinching the nipple lightly between his fingers and the ache at her center grew, grew into an unbearable, throbbing pressure. He savagely pinched the nipple and she whined, bucking her hips into the hand that still cupped her wet folds.

Paragon chuckled. "She's so responsive isn't she Aegis? You should feel how wet she is. Practically dripping."

Zoe reddened as she dropped her chin, clenching her eyes shut. Paragon's hand stilled against her and the room went eerily quiet. Zoe peeked her eyes open. Paragon was looking over his shoulder at Aegis. The Onyx stood still as a statue, his eyes facing forward, though his wings flexed behind him.

"Aegis," Paragon said, in that low, threatening voice. The Onyx slid his eyes reluctantly to the pair. "I asked a question. You found her quite responsive as well, yes?"

Aegis set his mouth in a hard line as he dipped his head. "Yes Paragon. Very responsive."

12