All Comments on 'The Obsession'

by bigcarl796

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
pause abuse

with all the unnecessary punctuation, its like reading a story narrated by william shatner

remember, not every sentence needs 3 commas and a semi-colon

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiover 12 years ago
Not quite 5

I had some problems with your story, well more than some. First problem was I really didn't get any sense of story. There seemed to be little reason that you developed for the goings on or "leaving the message". The next problem is the overall structure of the story. It was murky to non-existant. My final complaint is in your general use of the English language. Your story seemed to be written by a guy who failed eighth grade English and decided that was enough and he had no intention of learning any more of our language. Your grammar problems include shifting tenses, wrong word choices, confusion about numbers of person just for starters.

I have at times deliberately broken rules of grammar in stories; sometimes my foul balls work and sometimes not. I also make mistakes that get through despite my best proofreading efforts. I don't see that you put your best efforts to your story. Learn to respect your readers.

HamsterHamsterover 12 years ago
Edit, edit, edit

You need to relax with the commas! I could not get by the first two paragraphs. The way you constructed your sentences made them nearly unreadable. You need to run your writing by another pair of eyes to get comments for improvement BEFORE you submit your next story.

rphinneyrphinneyover 12 years ago
Extra Pay?

You get a cash bonus for every comma?

I tried finding a story, but all I found was excessive punctuation.

Should have called this "The Comma Obsession."

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 12 years ago
The Man, who loved, Commas.

I, was, enthralled, by, your use, of punctuation.

JustForPostingJustForPostingover 12 years ago
They beat, me, to it

I was, going to, comm,ent on all the, commas.

Also, you might want to use words that actually make sense (tired instead of tried, for instance).

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 12 years ago
You've heard from thew grammar police,

My comment is on the story. I don't get a rise from adultery. The idea of of watching my wife with another man leads more to thoughts of homicide than erotica. There was nothing here that makes me want to come back. I thank you for sharing your stories and encourage you to keep improving. Perhaps one of your future stories will be more to my tastes.

DmitryDmitryover 12 years ago
Bla.Bla

....cause it does not bother me to much, but the story lines are toooo light. This cont."Buddy" buisness is very irritating. Oh yeh, most men do not enjoy hearing about their wives being fucked by some one else. The ending is too simple:" listen you fat fuck, you will support your wife ...bla-bla-bla". Come on, wright something worth reading. Gave you 2 stars, only to get your attention, othrwise NO MORE STARS FOR YOU.

IkayIkayover 12 years ago
I liked the tone...

... But would have liked the writer to not care if she was pregnant. Rather than tell her to move in, he should convince her to let her wimp husband think it's his. Please don't forget to write the chapter featuring Buddy's mother!

IkayIkayover 12 years ago
I liked the tone...

... But would have liked the writer to not care if she was pregnant. Rather than tell her to move in, he should convince her to let her wimp husband think it's his. Please don't forget to write the chapter featuring Buddy's mother!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
It strikes me that some commenters don't know how to use commas

So they object to anybody else using them, even when they are used correctly. Perhaps Americans speak so fast that they don't pause in the middle of sentences as the rest of us do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Are you experimenting with commas?

I tried. I really tried to read this. But it was like torture. SO MANY COMMAS!!!!!!! And besides that, the "plot" sucked.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Bad grammar, bad punctuation, bad idea

This reads as though English is your second language. Even if you are trying to portray a low class writer, the language and punctuation are just too bad to believe. Even your "sayings" are wrong.

This is a waste of the reader's time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A true cluster fuck of commas

And bad grammar. Was this a phone call from a man to a cheating wife's husband? Was this a letter? Sure seems like a man telling another man he's fucking his wife. And why would the husband not divorce her? Is he really obese or his wife lying to her lover? Too many questions and too many mistakes. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
reply

Thanks for for confessing about affair and pregnancy. Will make divorce much easier not to mention pre-nup. Hope the kid doesn't cramp your lifestyle. Given your financial situation shouldn't be long before she is searching for your replacement.

With my money I have already found hers

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Well buddy

To be very frank with you, your story was at best garbage. At worst, still garbage. Your scores reflect it's worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Commas

Lay off the commas. Also, "virginal wife?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hey Buddy, 😞 I‘m still reading the story.

🤤 ahhh, I am somewhere in the middle of it. I think 🤔 , ahh 😴

Yeah! What‘s up?! 😧 Ahhh yes, I am still, reading, the, the 😴 sto... ,,, ry😴

What was it again, the story, 🤤, name, 😴😴😴😴

Could, someone, please, turn the, 🤤, light, out😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

So, do you just randomly hit the " key? Unreadable. You could be a combination of Jack Kerouac and Leo Freakin' Tolstoy, but if you can't write legible dialogue, you might as well stick to lining up obscene words in you alphabet soup!

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Please go to a at least a Community College and take a literary class. Take the whole years course!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous