All Comments on 'The Other Katie'

by Omenainen

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
BigHornyMeBigHornyMeabout 4 years ago
Good start

If this was your first attempt on writing an erotic story, you've come out smelling of roses. This was very, very good! Can't wait to read more from you.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 4 years ago
A difficult subject and storyline

Thank you. I enjoyed the way you tip-toed through things. The long time-frame always puts different slants on things. Of course it was surprising you hadn't realised about the different "Kates" when you were together if you were so sensitive to her different personalities. Anyway, well done. Keep writing. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Captivating

Thoroughly captivating, poignant. Hope that you continue to contribute.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I loved all three of your short stories! I love the love story that you create and the time you put into every detail of the story! Very well written! I can’t wait to read more!

valkoinenvalkoinenalmost 4 years ago

Loistava, liikuttava.

ElectricBlueElectricBluealmost 4 years ago

What a delightful, lyrical story! There's a sweetness here, a loving telling of a gentle tale. There's a poetic cadence to much of your writing, perhaps because English isn't your native language, I don't know - there's a wonderful rhythm to your sentences.

If you do get an editor (I'm not sure that you need one) please make sure they don't "overcorrect" your language, your style - because the slightly off kilter writing - that's what makes it poetic. Cudos :).

yukonnightsyukonnightsalmost 4 years ago

Truly unique and beautifully written! I was captured and mesmerized almost immediately by the style of your word craft. Honestly, I can say this is one of the best stories I've read — and I've read a lot over the years. Enjoyed the flavor of, what I took as; a time past of rock bands and such. The description of the couple walking close together in the cold New York evening made me think of an old Bob Dylan album cover of the exact same scene. More personally, the love scene brought back memories of my own first love in so many ways — tender, curious and something never forgotten. Your message of how to treat a woman should be required reading to all high-school boys ;-)

I can't say it better than 'electricblue66' did below in regard to your word choice and sentence structure — it's beautiful and drew me in like a moth to the light. Thank you for this lovely gift in these difficult times!

OmenainenOmenainenalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. @valkoinen: kiitos kaunis :)

I’m glad this one was so well received. It’s maybe my personal favorite and in addition it was the first I published, so it is truly important to me to get so uplifting feedback.

jntiquesjntiquesover 3 years ago

Dear Author, A wonderful love story for the ages. Being there myself (age) I feel as though you have captured the essences of love and old age. I thank you for the lovely

journey and the beautiful characters you have created. My praise for your work is

insufficient. jntiques/john

OmenainenOmenainenover 3 years agoAuthor

@jntiques, thank you. If that is not the nicest thing anyone has said about my stories, it’s at least damn close near the top.

rayironyrayironyover 3 years ago
Warm and splendid

Thanks for not glossing over the uncertainties of having a relationship with a complex, creative woman.

For glandular reasons alone, all the most involving women i've been lucky enough to spend much time with, have manifested different personalities at different times.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You write beautifully.... the sense of feeling, deep.... wide... and stretching forever.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDover 2 years ago

Decadent and lovely. That first sex scene was so good. Had to excuse myself to finish, and then the end really hit me. We all wear so many masks, and it can be so hard to know which parts of which mask that any potential partner fell in love with.

julesbabejulesbabeover 2 years ago

I came to read this because of AwkwardMD. I am hugely great full. The first half of the story was a beautifully written 5 star piece. The second part was, unbelievably, an order better. I now realise I have lots of your reading to catch up on. Fabulous story telling.

LilyWatersLilyWatersover 2 years ago

What a lovely story. I was completely drawn in, and totally invested in these characters. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Beautiful.

MarthaMcKinleyMarthaMcKinleyover 2 years ago

I read the many below comments and couldn't really come up with an original commendation better than the other readers did. This is the second of your stories that I've read and am in awe of your sensitivity and sensuality. But let me just add, the two passages about the diaphragm were so precious, and so beautifully timed in the two love scenes! Touching too.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

I teared up toward the end of this beautifully poignant love story. “You know it feels really good to hear you say you love me.” Something we should often share with meaning. As AwkwardMD pointed out, we are all so richly patterned. Partners become so much more to us/a part of us if we listen and feel. Thanks for sharing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

ScottishTexanScottishTexanalmost 2 years ago

I probably would have given you a 5 star rating instead of just the 4. But I myself find that I'm living with a somewhat parallel situation to your story. In December of 1992, I met a woman who I would later marry and have 3 children with. There's only one other girl who has touched my soul so deeply. I built my entire life around making a family with the mother of my children. I fully expected to be with her forever. But it wasn't meant to be.

Little did I know that mental illness runs throughout the female side of her family. The first indication that something was wrong with her appeared in 2005. She was unhappy with her own thoughts and state of mind. She sought help from her OB/GYN, a doctor who I consider the best in her field and ironically she has delivered all 4 of my children by the two different wives. But sadly she's absolutely no good with psychological matters, or maybe she did give my wife excellent care which was refused, I'll never know. At any rate, I handled everything as best that I could but in the end she left me for a former friend of mine thinking that he has made her happy. She will eventually implode again because her mental illness causes her to gaslight herself with lies. She creates fictional events in her mind and to her they actually happened. She can't distinguish between reality and fantasy.

I know that I'll never reconcile with her. I never knew that I would end up hating her as much as I do. I often compare her to Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker. For all practical purposes, in the year 2007 the evil alien that lives in her body now killed the good girl that I married in 1995. Unlike Darth Vader, there's no good remaining within her. Mental Illness destroys more than just the one life that it infests.

AndrewMarxAndrewMarx5 months ago

What a wonderful, loving story! I'm sure some people wouldn't understand the depth of the connection via sex that the 2 characters had. True sensuality and sexual connection goes so far beyond the physical act. You captured it so well. The story was romantic, heart wrenching and erotic all at once. Bravo!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOmenainen@Omenainen
I write stories I like to read and publish them here in hope someone else might enjoy them too. Comments are much appreciated. English is not my first language, so go easy on my mistakes. I’m also writing under a second penname with the wonderful AwkwardMD. Our collaborat...