All Comments on 'The Other Woman'

by ragarmagnus

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A fine story ...

... but I have to admit being a little disturbed by the ending. I know it is fiction - and pretty good fiction at that - but personality disorders coupled with kinky play worry me. It's hard to articulate, but it seems - to me - that a person suffering a disorder of this type would not be deemed capable of making decisions of the type you reference in your story.

I have to say I liked the story, but felt let down by your turning to mental illness to bring about a credible ending; four stars.

HeadguyHeadguyover 11 years ago
Worked for me!

While perhaps not altogether plausible--this is fiction after all--I liked the way the story ended. While I do know that mental illness is no joking matter, I think the story allows us as readers to ponder the relationship of various sorts of role-play to the splitting off of consciousness--dissociation--that occurs in multiple personality disorder (or dissociative identity disorder as it is now called). Many women and some men have had the experience of getting so "into" sexual arousal and passion that they enter an altered state, that is to say, they have a mild dissociative experience.

One thing does seem likely: if Janine can be integrated into Lisa awareness, her husband will get "rocked" regularly without having to leave home.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Don't be mad at me, but that's not okay even for a fantasy! People with personality disorders do not need kinky games but psychological support and a lot of care! It is inexplicable to me how someone would use something like that for a sex story. But it always gets worse!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous