The Ox Who Got the Cream Ch. 04

Story Info
The Poker discovers Layla's identity.
10.6k words
4.81
13.8k
16

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 04/25/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers

Hey :) Thanks for waiting and hope you enjoy this one. Feedback and voting appreciated. X

***

"Shit, fuck, bastard!" Layla heaved, uselessly wriggling as the blood rushed to her temples.

After blindly focusing on avoiding the wrong corridor, she'd paid little attention to her tread. When the tile beneath her foot gave, she stepped forward and shrieked with startled anger when that tile, triggered by pressure on the former, expectantly broke away.

Her foot had barely settled on the lower plane when an elastic loop encircled her ankle, not unlike the kind used by circus performers. Layla's body weight intervened before she could extract herself, and she was steadily drawn to the air, gravity keeping the bind tight on her ankle.

Seconds later, Truce's long shadow fell across the hallway. He grinned, forgetting his anger, forgetting his worries and preoccupations, everything except his love for the upside-down woman before his eyes.

"Talk about dangling the carrot," he mused. Conscious of Layla's discomfort, he hurried to deactivate the trap. Layla was lowered to the ground.

Truce strode forward in time to step on the loop to keep Layla down and sat beside her. Dragging her into his lap, he trapped her arms to her sides in a tight bear hug.

"Layla-" he broke off to dodge an attempted head-butt. "Layla, stop! Listen to me."

"I don't want to talk to you!" she snapped, close to tears. "You...You...!"

"I know," Truce said gently, adjusting his hold to brush hair from her flustered face. "I know. I'm sorry. You scared the shit out of me tonight."

Still panting with exhaustion, Layla let her head fall to his chest, wanting to disappear into his soothing body heat. She felt stupid, useless, alone. Angry about everything. "I didn't screw up on purpose."

"Yeah, well," Truce retorted, kissing the top of her ruffled hair. "It's not easy to play fair when you don't-"

"You attacked me in the jewellery store before any of this!" she accused.

"You were trying to rob me!" he said indignantly.

Layla sniffed derisively. "You wanted me to."

"Yeah," he slyly agreed. "And don't forget God knows how many nights I watched you masturbate to my photo. I couldn't take it anymore."

"That was private!" Layla screeched, squirming in his arms.

"I'm a superhero!" Truce grinned. "I had to rescue my digital self."

Before Layla could bury it, Truce caught the glimmer of resentful humour in her eyes. "My butt hurts," she grumbled.

"Good," he replied, giving her a little squeeze and letting his hold relax into a kinder pressure. For a moment he held her, sensing the simmering fury settle to a more rational mood. "Layla, I love playing cat-and-mouse with you, but I don't always want to be the bad guy."

"I know," she muttered, begrudgingly nuzzling into him. This was what she wanted, to be coddled. The punishment was well-earned, she knew that. But the abandonment that followed, after anticipating affection, was a horrible feeling. "You just...left me in that room."

Truce strengthened his embrace with a sigh. "I had to leave because I was angry," he said heavily, his dark-brown eyes deeply sombre. "Sometimes I underestimate the effect you have on me, and I can't let myself get carried away in that state of mind. I won't let that happen. It would be unforgivable. Do you understand?"

Layla slowly nodded.

"I abducted you because I knew you wanted me, and I suspected you wanted this life," he continued carefully. "But in all seriousness..."

"I do want to be here," Layla insisted, suddenly afraid he'd change his mind about everything in the wake of her disaster. "I just wanted to prove...I mean, I thought if I surprised you-"

"The only surprise I want, is to find you naked in my bed," he shortly interrupted with some exasperation. "Honestly, tonight was the worst surprise ever. More like my top nightmare."

"I know," Layla muttered into his chest. He smelled really good.

"Zole's going to come after you," Truce reiterated his earlier point, anger creeping back into his voice. "I didn't just say that you scare you. I don't know what I'd have done if he'd taken you."

"Well, then, what's the plan?" Layla asked, her hand idly sliding up Truce's chest.

Stunned, Truce stared down at Layla's hand; her spontaneous, willing intimacy that was already creating a painful erection. "W-What?"

"How are we going to deal with The Poker?"

Truce's head was mildly spinning at the combination of Layla caressing his chest and referring to them as 'we'. "I'll figure something out," he managed, tilting her chin up.

Truce's breath caught as he looked into Layla's eyes. There was the aesthetic appeal, sure. But it was so much more than that when she stared at him; her eyes slightly damp but holding something raw and precious.

He could see her hang-ups, a desire to prove herself, her inner strength. The determined fire inside her, mingling with a vulnerable girl who wanted the world, yet hadn't seen the worst of it. She was beautiful.

Had Layla not rudely abandoned all decorum at his party and shown her true colours, Truce might have dismissed her as another pretty face. The idea terrified him.

Heart thudding, Truce brushed his lips across Layla's, both slightly ajar, and waited. Layla pressed forward to seal the kiss.

"God, I am fucking desperate to do bad things to you," Truce growled against her lips, feeling an excited thrill ripple through her body at his words. "And you keep ruining it."

"How? What things?" Layla breathed; her eyes wide with curious wonderment.

"Fun things that can't happen if either of us is upset," he grinned, kissing the side of her mouth. "Things that might leave you a little sore and tired."

"B-But I'm sore and tired now!" Layla faltered, shrinking a bit in his arms, unsettled by the predatory look on his face.

"It's okay, kitty," Truce grinned. "I can wait."

***

Zole, The Poker, turned on his heel, spinning the cane with cheerful abandon. "Oh, Reggie, there's no better screening process. If she's good enough for him..."

"I don't like her," Bork said resentfully.

"I can live with that," The Poker sweetly replied.

"We know nothing about her," Bork scowled. "She's a nobody. When I get my paws on her-"

"Careful, Bork," Zole smiled. "You're threatening a woman you might one day take orders from."

Bork looked disgusted but didn't take the bait.

"Back to the Gothic City plan," Reggie impatiently prompted. "Everything is coming together-"

"Oh, put that aside for now. I can't wreak havoc and woo a lady at the same time," The Poker scoffed. "You got a better look at her, Reggie. Wasn't she something? I don't think I've seen greener eyes anywhere."

"Yeah. Special enough," Reggie said, deadpan.

"Could you imagine the look on Oxman's face, showing up to see her beside me?" The Poker breathed wonderingly; his sharp features relaxed in a dreamy smile. "I bet she fucks like a cat on heat."

"I'm gonna puke," Bork claimed.

"No, you're going to find her," Zole ordered. "And bring her to me, without a scratch." He looked between Reggie and Bork's dismayed faces. "Well, off you go."

Bork opened his mouth to complain but Reggie elbowed him in the ribs and jerked his head. They walked out in silence, leaving The Poker to his romantic musings.

****

With a deep, contented sigh, Layla woke up splendidly naked and stretched lazily into the bed. Truce was already gone, he had work to do. He'd delivered the news while he was fucking her at 4am, explaining he needed his fix if they weren't waking up together. At least she could sleep in.

Sleepily rolling onto her belly, Layla cuddled Truce's pillow, enjoyed the lingering scent of him, and dozed for another five minutes. When she opened her eyes, she raised her head with surprise at the shiny emerald piece on the beside.

She reached for it; the treasured cat ornament Truce used as bait to capture her. It was so beautiful, a perfect cool weight, it took her breath away. Sitting up against the headboard, Layla toyed with the sleek jewel, wondering how her feelings toward it had evolved from desire, to vengeful spite, to blind hatred. Now, it was a symbol of love, Truce's gift to her and just holding it gave her a delighted thrill.

Suddenly giddy with happiness, Layla indulgently fell back to the bed with another deep sigh, the gem clasped to her chest, a refreshing chill against the heat of her breasts. She watched the ceiling, her face content, tracing the sleek cat ears with her fingers, pondering her strange life.

Truce had featured in her sexual fantasies long before they met, but she didn't know the man, he was merely a symbol; an undeniably sexy one. It was true he could provide the future she aspired to live; she'd never find a faster route to become a superhero. He was the best, and he was clearly infatuated with her. All perfect conveniences for her life aspirations. But she hadn't expected to fall in love with him.

***

Truce was lounging against the wall in an idle discussion with Felix, when his phone went off.

"What the...?" he frowned at the notification, then dashed for his office.

Truce was typing on his keyboard before he even sat down, his eyes darting between screens. Entirely perplexed, he checked his list again. Then he pressed an intercom.

"Ralphred, is there some kind of system glitch?" he asked, impatiently drumming his fingers on the desk while he waited.

A long minute later, the speaker crackled. "Which system, Sir?"

"The...uh..." Truce stared at the screen, completely distracted. "All the critical elements have been pulled from The Poker assignment. That was almost good to go. And now...nothing."

"Might it be a ruse, sir?"

"No," Truce shook his head. "He's legitimately pulled all resources."

Ralphred sighed tiredly. "Perhaps Zole had a change of heart. Joined the Church."

Truce cracked a grin. "It would have to be something more compelling than Jesus to make Zole withdraw from..." he lost his voice, his grin disappeared. "Shit."

"Is everything alright, Sir?" Ralphred inquired.

"No," Truce said shortly, his gaze back on the screen, eyes glinting lethally. "There's only one reason Zole would cancel an event like this."

"What occasion would that be, Sir?"

"If something better came up," Truce said grimly, and turned off the intercom. For a long moment he mulled over his suspicions.

Then he picked up the keyboard and threw it against the wall.

***

With Felix in tow, Truce went in search of Layla. They found her in one of the more specialised indoor pools, a small rectangular tank designed for strength training. Rather than freestyle against the false current, Layla was facing the wrong end, the force of the jets tickling her from behind. Going by the flushed, distracted look on her face, she had settled that way for an obvious reason.

"Oh, my." Felix discreetly turned away.

Truce burst out laughing and Layla shrieked with horror and dropped underwater. When she blushingly emerged, wiping wet from her eyes, she peered furtively up at Truce crouched by the pool edge.

"Hey, beautiful," he grinned, tucking an unruly soaked strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "We need to talk about something."

"You said you were busy this morning!" she hissed, peering around Truce's thigh to where Felix was still mesmerised by the concrete wall.

"I was," Truce said apologetically. "But then something happened."

"What?" Layla hissed, utterly humiliated.

Truce tilted his head. "Come on, it's not like I haven't seen you pleasure yourself a hundred times. Gotta admire your creativity though..."

"Truce!"

"Sorry. We need to design something for you in light of the new threat." He arched an eyebrow. "The one we talked about."

Layla pouted but didn't contradict him or pretend not to know what he referred to. "Okay. Can you go away?"

"Why?"

Layla squirmed. "I don't have bottoms on."

"Oh, Layla." Truce slowly shook his head, clearly delighted. "I regret bringing company to fetch you." He kissed his palm and pressed it to her sleek wet hair. "Meet me in Felix's mechanics room in half an hour."

"W-What about forty-five minutes?" she asked in a small, pleading voice.

Truce narrowed his eyes at her pink cheeks and breathlessness. "That hardly benefits me!" he complained. "Half an hour is all you get, hussy. I promise I'll give you a hand later. This is important."

He stood and walked back to Felix, feeling Layla glower at his back.

"She'll meet us in half an hour," Truce explained.

"So, it would seem," Felix loftily replied. "Women like to keep you waiting."

"Really?"

"Well, No. Not at all," Felix admitted, looking put out. "What I mean to imply is in this particular instance we might be waiting longer."

"You're right, Felix!" Truce turned back. "I'll...er...meet you in an hour."

Felix strode off without comment, shaking his head.

Layla groaned angrily when Truce hurriedly appeared around the corner.

"W-What are you doing?" she uttered, struggling to reach the button to switch off the jets.

"Leave them," Truce said wickedly, stripping down to nothing.

Layla blinked as he jumped into the water and pulled her against his chest.

"But-"

Truce silenced her with a sinful kiss before turning her into his arms, holding her up, legs wide with his hands under her thighs.

"Truce!" Layla spluttered. "What are you...?"

"Shh," he breathed into her ear.

Layla gasped when he navigated her body until his cock rubbed between her legs, her natural juices paving way for a slick entry, the water's friction making things feel tighter.

"Oh, God," Layla whimpered, feeling suspended; her head falling against Truce's shoulder as he began to slowly thrust.

"Yeah," he muttered against her temple, and moved closer to the jets.

Layla's mouth fell open as the pressure hit her clit, bubbling everywhere around it while Truce's cock continued to work inside her. She struggled, fighting to escape the orgasm, but Truce held her steady.

"I'm ready, too," Truce growled against her damp skin, moving her up and down on his cock, stepping closer to the jets, holding Layla's legs vulnerably wide for the stimulating effect.

Layla writhed, arched against Truce's unyielding hard chest. "I'm...I'm coming!" Layla gasped, a tight grip on Truce's arms. "Truce...I'm...Ungh!"

She moaned, thrashing in the water, then squealed when Truce pulled her down on his cock in a hard thrust, filling her completely, the force of the jets lightly pummelling her most sensitive parts.

"Oh," she breathed, straining against him, finally opening her eyes as Truce's cock flexed inside her, spilling cum.

Truce gently lowered Layla's legs, still panting in her ear. With a kiss to her temple, her neck, he lifted her off his cock and cradled her in his arms.

"And that is how a quickie is done!" he announced hoarsely, his heart thumping like crazy.

"I'm tired," Layla complained, her eyelids heavy. "You kept me up all night."

"Actually, you kept me up all night," Truce crudely joked, rubbing his softening erection against her side. "And I didn't hear any protests from you."

"But I'm tired now!"

"Hey." Truce turned off the jets and pinched her chin as the water began to settle around them. "You can't get out of this. One meeting with Felix, then we'll nap together. I'll send you to sleep with soft kisses."

"Just kisses?" Layla cynically questioned.

"Unless you want something else?" he said innocently.

Layla broodingly pouted, not entirely sure what she would want later.

***

Felix's dark green eyes narrowed over his large monitor when Truce and Layla showed up, looking very much like unruly teenagers, post-tryst. Both with damp hair, they'd clearly dressed in a careless hurry. Truce was in a playful mood; Layla's cheeks were healthily flushed, and she was trying not to giggle.

"You scheduled this, Truce," Felix severely reminded him.

"And you have my full attention!" he answered with bold enthusiasm, his hand sneaking around to pinch Layla's behind.

Layla squeaked and slapped at him.

"I mean it," Felix quietly warned. "Given what we talked about..."

Truce immediately sobered. "You're right. I'm sorry."

"What's this about?" Layla asked curiously.

"Zole is searching for you, Layla," Felix sighed heavily, linking his fingers in a businesslike gesture. "His resources are on par with ours. There's a high chance he will make some attempt to abduct you when you're least suspecting it."

Layla glanced at Truce and did a double take at his grim expression. "What?"

"If you want to roam about against my advice," Truce said, clearly not recovered from her first meeting the Poker, "you must make some concessions."

"Like what?"

Felix counted on his fingers. "A personal alarm, a harness belt..."

"Personal alarm?" Layla pulled a face. "Like a rape whistle?"

"No." Felix shook his head. "A device to alert us if something is wrong. It'll also contain a tracker."

"Wait, what do you mean belt?" Layla frowned. "A weaponized one?"

The men hesitated.

"There's a good chance your retrieval will be unconventional by necessity," Truce tried to explain.

"Unconventional?" Layla repeated, completely baffled.

"He might have to pull you to a substantial height on short notice," Felix said helpfully. "If he does, you need to be wearing something that will hold."

"Oh." Layla shrugged. "Okay."

"You have to wear these things whenever we're not together," Truce added to the demand, waiting for Layla's rebellion. "Even if you're with your friends, your father..."

"Alright," she shrugged again.

Felix and Truce exchanged a glance.

"No objections?" Truce asked sceptically.

"These precautions are necessary because I was reckless, and I know you want to keep me safe from the Poker," Layla said frankly. "If it makes you feel better, I don't want to be caught by Zole, either."

Impressed, Felix gave one of his rare smiles, opening a drawer to pick out his measuring device. "Well, Truce, I guess you won't have to hold her down, after all."

"I was looking forward to that," Truce shook his head with comical disappointment, pulling Layla into his arms. He cupped her face, his eyes a mix of stern affection. "Promise me you'll wear the belt when we're not together."

"I promise!" she insisted, and was rewarded with a soft, tantalizing kiss.

Felix cleared his throat. "Well, now you've established an understanding, Truce why don't you wait outside while I finish up here?"

Truce grinned and reluctantly released Layla; her cheeks filled with a new blush. He left the room.

"It's nice, you know," Felix commented, directing Layla to raise her arms so he could loop tape about her hips. "I've never seen him like this."

"Like what?"

"Well, Truce has always been a pleasant employer," Felix confided, turning to the desk to write a note. "But I've never seen him like this."

"Like what?" Layla persisted.

Felix paused a moment to consider. "Stupidly happy," he grinned, the rare expression of humour taking Layla by surprise. "And God knows that man deserves some happiness for the thankless work he does."

"Well...he...makes me happy, too," Layla slowly managed to articulate her true feelings aloud, pondering the strangeness of it.

"Not always easy to admit these things, is it?" Felix lightly chuckled at her hesitancy. "Be patient with him, Layla. We all have our issues."

"What are his?" she sneakily pried, looking abashed when Felix shot her a chastising stare.

"It's up to him to tell you, when he's ready." The profound moment passed, and Felix turned his full attention to designing a suitable belt for Layla.

Bellie444
Bellie444
1,864 Followers