The Ox Who Got the Cream Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've been fucking frantic these last hours," he muttered, their foreheads together. "When I saw you running down the hall, I was furious you'd let your temper get the better of you."

Layla gasped indignantly but Truce swiftly pressed his finger to her lips. "But you made my job easier, and somehow put distance between you and him. I couldn't be more fucking proud of you."

A swarm of giddy feelings flooded Layla's chest and she felt a strange urge to burst into tears. Truce smiled tenderly at her emotions.

"He didn't hurt you, did he?" he asked, relaxing slightly when she shook her head. "He touched you?"

"Just a kiss, mostly. That Bork asshole tweaked my nipples," Layla disclosed, angling for another kiss.

"Aw. I'll suck them better." The anger in Truce's dark eyes faded to affection, and he kissed her again, long and slow, then swept her up against his chest to carry her back to the mansion. "I'm surprised Zole allowed it; that's not his style."

"Zole stabbed Bork's foot," Layla murmured in a pleased afterthought.

"Good," Truce said shortly, and began walking toward the border of his property. "You can tell me all about it when we get home. We'll have to check you over, run some drug tests. Did you eat or drink anything?"

"Just water. I think."

"Alright. By the way," he added. "If Felix asks, tell him the wing was damaged by one of the Poker's men."

"Huh?" Layla weakly lifted her head to stare at him. "Why would he ask? And what difference does it make if your landing wasn't ideal?"

Truce's smiled guiltily. "We made a bet that I don't want to lose."

Layla let her head exhaustedly fall to Truce's chest armour. "That's dishonourable."

"If you haven't noticed, I don't always play by the rules," he mischievously answered.

"I noticed," Layla mumbled. "Well, thank you for rescuing me. Again."

"I'm sure you will devise many ways to show gratitude," Truce beamed. "Otherwise, I have my own plans for you."

Layla irritably wriggled in arms. "Sex maniac!"

"Don't pretend that isn't part of my appeal!"

Layla suddenly remembered what was still bothering her. "One of Zole's people said something about me..."

"I'm sure they said all kinds of revolting whacky things concerning your salacious body," Truce rolled his eyes at the sky.

Layla lifted her head from his chest to glare. "Is sex all you think about?"

"When I'm not fighting crime? Yes," Truce said unabashedly. "Keeping in mind that you and sex are synonymous to me."

"Anyway, the young weirdo, Reggie, he didn't like what Bork did."

"Oh?" Truce said, puzzled. "Well, he doesn't have Bork's Italian libido, that's for sure."

"He told Bork I shouldn't be assaulted because I'm one of them."

"Huh?" Truce pulled a face, paused to readjust his hold before continuing the journey. "I suppose Zole intended to keep you."

"No, wait..." Layla squinted, straining her memory. "He said I was one of 'theirs'. I can't explain how unsettling it sounded."

"Can you remember his exact words?"

"He said 'one of ours'," Layla recalled, starting to feel sleepy as Truce's stride created a gentle rocking movement. "He said - 'you shouldn't mistreat one of ours'. It sounded almost familial. That's whacky, isn't it?"

"Definitely," Truce answered with a light laugh. "That kid has more screws loose than Zole, and that's saying something."

Layla giggled and curled against him. Once Truce saw she was lightly dosing, his smile vanished, his eyes fixed severely on the outline of his mansion coming to view.

"Truce?" Layla purred; her eyelids fluttered open with an effort.

"Mm-hm?" he answered, still disconcertedly staring ahead.

"I love you." The dreamy words bundled out in a heartfelt mumble; soft and shy.

Truce slowed, in danger of stumbling with Layla in his arms. Recovering, he took firmer strides toward his residence, often glancing down at the beautiful, sleeping face supported against his chest.

His face slowly breaking into an amused smile, Truce considered her. "Definitely drug testing you," he quietly chuckled, though his heart was singing.