All Comments on 'The P.I. Who Came in From the Cold'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wordy and boring. I think I'll skip the rest of these.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I was driving up the 110 yesterday and saw the offramp for the street named for the Australian, Harry Bridges. So tonight I was amazed of the coincidence of him walking into this story.

Your story read just like the ones that I read in the pulps when I was a kid. Nice

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent. Atmospheric and flowed so well. Reminded me of why i come here. TC Ireland

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Interesting story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry, why is it in LW?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

You gave an intro into how this story ended up in LW, but it doesn't even fit in Literotica at all. It IS an amazing tale, well written, and very entertaining. Were it to "fit" into a category here, I would readily give it 5*. Alas, I can't do that so I will just leave it unrated and thank you for a fine piece of work. Cheers!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

Cool...Thank you, top story of the week for me.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 2 years ago

Complex, layered and very dark. You ticked all the boxes in a noir classic. Very good.

bigguy323bigguy323over 2 years ago

How did this story get in Loving Wives? Nice story, wrong category.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 2 years ago

Great to see you writing again in L/W. Another five star story.

GrimmerGrimmerover 2 years ago

Couple of rough spots but the overall feel was pretty good. Not as rough and “manly” as a MS tale, but still very good on its own. Decent fiver.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 2 years ago

Need more chapters please!

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

Why is this in LW? He aint married, he never had sex, no one had sex

.

Kinda missed every prerequisite

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I grew up in Hawthorne and my dad was in the Korean war. Great story, gave it a five.

Shuttlepilot

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just because the first story was in LW doesn't mean this one should be.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent!!

Will there be more?

TK

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done. Not very realistic, but dramatic, if you cut it some slack. Kind of fun. Really hard to get empathetic and concerned about such a loser. Glad he didn't waste any more of Lupe's time. Not sure what the point was of offing Laverne, could have just as easily been a druggy killing her for her purse. No one with a brain and legs lives in these communities. Yeah, a whole lot of brainless walking around out there. Guess somebody has to feed the predators to make Darwin's system work. I thought Laverne was supposed to drop to the floor when he gave the signal. Guess that explains why she was wasting her time on this loser. It was kind of sophisticated for two thugs who kill people for meat to figure out how to ambush someone who should have known he was being stalked. Whatever it takes to make the plot work, I guess.

Thanks for the effort.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 2 years ago

Interesting story, although this is not one I would reread several times. Dark, rough, depressing and devoid of a likable main character.

Like other commentators I have to inquire, “why LW”?

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Decent tale, worth Five Stars. But why is it here?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very noirish! Raymond Chandler would enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
WHY

Maybe in non erotic, as I read it all. I'll pass on your next offering unless I find it that category. Keep writing.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Very Spillane, well written nice change of pace for LW I think I might enjoy this Hammered series.

lovemyroselovemyroseover 2 years ago

I don't care what category you post in . Great story. Please continue. Thank you for sharing your work.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

Good story. And for those that ask why LW? His wife hooked up with a Marine Flyer while he was in Korea and got a quick divorce. And this writer has other stories with some of the main people in them.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

This entire challenge is boring beyond belief.

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951over 2 years ago

Another literary treat from one of the best! Thank you.

jmmj5jmmj5over 2 years ago

"I wondered if the hospital needed help interviewing nurse applicants."

Wish I could think of a line like that.

Very Mike Hammer-ish. Well done.

I hope you'll continue this Pete Spector series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great stuff it is perfect 60’s noir

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Outstanding! I've read quite a few old style private eye novels, and I think you can hold your own with any of them. You even wrote the title for your next story, or even a novel. " The Angel of Death". I hope we see more of Mr Spector very soon.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

I thought he'd ask Albright if he knew why Burge might have been stealing meat.

\

I didn't catch that Bridges was Aussie, was wondering about "Sheilas" and "mate."

\

I didn't like killing off Laverne, why didn't she stay down?

\

I'm betting that Lupe turns up in the next Spector story.

tralan69ertralan69erover 2 years ago

A very good story.

Thank you, I enjoy a good murder mystery. Please continue.

@lujon2019

Why is this in LW? He aint married, he never had sex, no one had sex

.Kinda missed every prerequisite

You need to read the whole story and not skim so much. You would seem to be a little smarter if you did.

@sbrooks103x, You think, wonder, not pay attention, and bet on things you have no control over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well written but, to paraphrase a reviewer of Last Tango in Paris: A story not worth writing is not worth writing well.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Damn. A good story, but Pete sure had a lousy existence. Doesn’t seem like he had a reason to keep breathing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I've got to say that I'd love to read 20 more sequels (five parts each). I love the dark, noir feel of the story. I also like the idea of a flawed protagonist. Good going. Thanks so much for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story, probably closer to a Mike Hammer story than anything else I’ve read here. And believe me, I’ve read every Hammer book written, most many times. I just checked, there’s 4 more stories about your PI Noir. I can’t wait. Thanks for sharing. 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous