All Comments on 'The Pastor's Wife'

by jsragmanus

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wow!!!!

Truly tender loving story - and a masterful critique of American Christian hypcrisy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
GREAT!

No words to describe, definetly not what I was expecting, but could not stop reading. A very Real and uplifting story! I love the message.

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Incredible and well written

I agree with the readers your story spoke the truth of what the churches have done by the changes they have gone through.I loved the humour and comical talk like the momma and her gun in the purse that was so funny i like her i think you should continue with the story .

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
well written, but unreal

it is a well written piece, but it has little reality in it.

<P><P>

it ignores the church politics - if 1/2 the church walks out on a visiting pastor, he wouldn't be kept! that is 1/2 the support, and 1/2 the people that would be represented in the leadership council. those 1/2 the people would have a voice in the church council, and a visiting pastor would be gone.

<P><P>

and there are other things, but the main point is that pleasing the readers who hate the church for whatever reason does not make for realism.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Utopia vs. Reality

Since I'm living outside the U.S., I can hardly say how real or unreal this story is.&#10;In real life, I'd guess the Church and established authorities would have attempted to crush Mrs. Kelly and her lover, forcing them to leave the community... So this story is rather about how things could be, how the author whishes things would be, about a Dreamworld.&#10;I'm voting for a Dreamworld, and for the imaginative exploration of the ways to reach it and of the features that distinguish it from our Meanworld ... I'm a dreamer ...&#10;

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I Agree!!

With Great and Wow!!! Who you fall in love with should not ever disrupt your spritual realionship with God. The times they are a changing, slowly, oh, so slowly. I felt this was a telling story about love and finding it. Thank You, D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Why are people debating reality vs fiction?

The writing made story realistic and considering this is a piece of fiction that's what counts. I read in order to escape reality if on for a little while------so to the author of this wonderful story----thank you.

dreamcatcher7dreamcatcher7about 17 years ago
wonderful

I loved this story thankyou, a beautiful tale of love, caring.

this was well written and a lovely read.

thankyou for sharing

Landrious1Landrious1about 17 years ago
Some People say it's unreal...

but it is remarkably close to reality. Dependant on the church doctrines. The author stated that the message being preached by Daniel had changed from what he began with. Such changes, especially if they are fundamental changes, often lead to divisions in the church and removal of the pastor. I've been through two of those in the last twenty years.

The statements about the Bible are also accurate. The Council of Nicaea in 325A.D. put the Bible together out of the collected works of the Prophets and Disciples. Any who desenters were killed on the orders of Constantine. There were more than two hundred "Books" comprise of over 5000 manuscripts at that time.

Later King James, in an attempt to disprove the existence of God, Ordered the Bible re-examined and Any scripture that the Scholars could not agree on was removed. He ordered certain passages to be altered as well. (Notable Example: Exodus 20:13 "Thou shalt not kill." should be translated "You shall do no murder")He also removed scriptures that would have weakened his already shaky control of the people for theistic reasons. King James was a self proclaimed Atheist(Can anyone say Irony!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Beautiful!!!

It's stories like this that make me weep with joy. I wish I could have voted for a 10!

AnomolousCowherdAnomolousCowherdabout 17 years ago
Emotionally True

Seems like it is very hard to show a straight woman changing her orientation. I don't know how frequent that is in reality, but this story certainly sounded real.

Thanks for a touching story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Ridiculous Storyline

I guess I'm the ONLY ONE who noticed the sudden increase in sexual prowess from a meek, lowly preacher's wife to someone who knew how to please another woman on her very first try. Also, all you church-bashers should look inside and see what motivated you to be so quick to judge. Sure, accuse church members of being judgmental, and then act the same yourselves...figures. There's nothing as absurd as a perfect hypocrite.

I rest my case, Your Honor!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Ok...

This isnt a discussion about church it's about the story. I thought it was a very loving tale. Lets keep all the hate talk out of it ok guys?

jjsharshawjjsharshawabout 17 years ago
Nice Job

Good characterizations. As to its "reality," a) as someone has previously said, this is fiction and b) we church folk can be an amazingly complex and contradictory/conflicted group. It is not a stretch for me to see Morgan desiring the chuch nor Kelly as desiring more sexually and emotionally in her life, especially a life "ruled over" ( to some extent) by an older, dogmatic man. I've known a couple of female couples that, taken the story setting out of 'Bama, match the fiction here pretty well.

Also, nice touch using "Angel From Montgomery."

Good Job! It got me off and it had a nice story with it. No pun intended, but I "can't beat that." <grin>

Jubal

NiceGuyInVaNiceGuyInVaabout 17 years ago
Excellent

Great job. I loved the way you illustrated what is wrong in organized religion, with Rev Daniel Hornbarger being perfect for that example of the overly righteous. I loved Kelly's spunky mom, and you have a great sense of humor in showing her off. I got lots of smiles from her personality and antics. The writing and description was excellent and real, and the romance in the end and the happily ever after was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wonderful Story

This is one of the best written stories I have read . You took your time with the entire story and it came out so well. Keep up the great story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Im sorry,

It just didnt flow.

hotman_45hotman_45about 13 years ago
I like lust and sex but also a story with love & romance and this one is one of the best

I was expecting a lusty, sex-filled seduction story with the Pastor's Wife being taken by another woman that would be a dominant and have her realizing her submissive personality and giving into her sub existence and debauchery.

Surprise, surprise it is a sweet, romantic love story with a lot of feel good. There is friendship building to romance, love and warm passion for a really terrific ending.

Thanks for this sweet story.

BadSantaBadSantaabout 13 years ago
One of the best I've ever seen....

As a former minister, myself, I can definitely relate to this tale. Like another commenter, I was expecting something totally different--and what a pleasant surprise, to read this beautiful tale of love, lust, awakening, self-discovery, and ultimately liberation!! You did an excellent job, here, and I for one commend you. This is definitely one of my very favorite tales!!

Handley_PageHandley_Pageabout 13 years ago
real feminine love

A damned good story. Less of the real sexy and with more of the "true love" or mental passion than most stories in this genre.

Damned good writing, too

ALittleAwkwardALittleAwkwardalmost 13 years ago
Aww

This is such an excellent story. A lot of this really hits home with me, as I come from a very religious family. I can only hope that someday I'll find a love this pure and true. Thanks very much for writing and sharing this sweet story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Love Story

LOVED YOU STORY, WOULD LIKE A PART 2. MAYBE WITH THE EX SISTER IN LAW JOINING IN FOR SPICE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
amazing

just wonderful. as a woman still searching for her one true love, i applaud this story. wonderful writings, was able to picture everything crystal clear.

please write more!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Just beautiful. Thank you.

jclementjclementover 11 years ago
Great, Once Again!

This is very timely in the fall of 2012. Women, their roles in society, and their reproductive rights are much in the fore as the presidential and key congressional elections approach. I, for one, would hate to see this country ruined by fundamentalists. Besides that it is a very nice, well written story, with a lot of love and romance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful

This is a very sweet and loving story and I'm glad I took the time to read it. However, it feels out of place on an erotic site. That's not a bad thing.

BugattiTBugattiTalmost 11 years ago
Excellent

Wonderful story, thanks a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I have alwas believed that god was all parts

of all. as we are created in his her image that meant that all parts of humanity are acceptable to god this was an excellent well written story about love t he clobbler versus are something new to me I shal be looking into them

yesireadpornyesireadpornover 10 years ago
it made me cry

i loved it! the way the emotion evolved was fantastic! you are a true wordsmith and story teller, thank you for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
wonderful

Thank you, thank you, thank you. There is so much wrong in what The Church has become, and is doing, that it's heartbreaking. This kind of restorative liberation is what the world needs. This straight Christian man is drawing great inspiration from the courage displayed here, both in the story and by the author. My compliments on the exceptional writing....and btw the sex was crazy hot too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I am...

of the opinion that the "clobber verses" and the secular rebuttals to those are both inadequate in establishing a path to God.

LcnmdLcnmdabout 9 years ago
So good!

This is such a great story of enlightenment!

Thank you!

L

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
awsm...

Loved the ending, should hv been longer though...excellent all in all

vpettprovpettproalmost 6 years ago
Wonderful

I love this story 5 big stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A tough mom

So the mom is the man in the relationship and the men or Wimpy so you’re making men look like they are wimps and women or the tough ones and this is why she falls for a woman because men are to sorry is that what you’re trying to convey .. like the mother is so manly

Only_connectOnly_connectabout 3 years ago

A nice story. It's calm, matter-of-fact and told in a cutely naive way... is that down to the attitude of Kelly the narrator, or the writer?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous