All Comments on 'The Pearl Ch. 08'

by Thistlethorn

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanalmost 13 years ago
Knew it.

I knew Chad would come back eventually. I wonder if Qiang has a hand in this, hm?

The Moon Favored, eh? Just might be interesting to see how that plays out.

Oh, and I think that little proclaimation that Sebastian made during the love making is going to end up being one of those significant things that he wasn't supposed to know about or do for quite awhile, and will probably bite him in the ass in time.

Very good chapter. Keep up the good work.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessalmost 13 years ago
more please !

I am loving this story, different from any other that I have read, please keep writing and I will not so patiently await your next chapter !

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

i think sebastian needs to make a pearl for dakota and for her to become a dragon so they can have baby dragons.

MizTMizTalmost 13 years ago
Forever

That's how long it seems between this and the last chapter. The story is really starting to pick up it's pace and I want more now. This is probably your best cliff hanger yet, so don't keep me waiting to long. Hey can you tell yet that I still like this story and want more?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Dry opinion

Smart, interesting, sexy.

bitofkinkbitofkinkalmost 13 years ago
excellent

truely excellent. There were so many interesting points to this chapter, it's hard to know where my curiousity starts. It's fascinating about the energy exchange with the river and it makes me more curious about what things dragons might be bonded with and how that bond would effect the health and individual situation of each. The bit about the desolate vibe from the industrial areas - the hows and whys of that are very intreguing. The claim proclaimation was interesting, it must be important since it "just came to him" and it does sound formal, almost like a contract. And the different relationships between dragons and favorites and thier current and future impacts on one another has been very curious. "Moon Favored" - and the hows of pearl creation - is such a juicy tidbit. And Chad, bad so sad & mad Chad. (couldn't resist! lol) Well it's clear he's snapped so the question is really all about how much fallout and how severe it will be. I loved this chapter, in fact the entire series is so interesting. Please continue this wonderful series.

curiouskitten247curiouskitten247almost 13 years ago
Love this series..

I'm hooked, great plot development, storyline and characters. I can't wait to read what happens next! Thank you for sharing.

katgoddess1katgoddess1almost 13 years ago
Hmm...

I can't wait to see what's going on with Chad. He just seemed wimpy before, so this is a surprise act.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
great read

as allways... but awww cliffhangers like these are mean .... :(

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

it's been so long, who is chad again? great story tho!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Not NOW!

Oh dear gods, you can't stop NOW!

TheGryphonsOnFIRETheGryphonsOnFIREalmost 13 years ago
Hmmm...

Is Chad a Werewolf, a Lunatic or just a madman (For those who don't know, I'm using the Follower of The Moon Goddess version of Lunatic)? I'm thinking that the timing of his atack is importent, hence my first two geusses. I'm leaning towards a Werewolf myself.

PinkPantheressPinkPantheressalmost 13 years ago
No Fair!

I just spent the last 2 days reading all of the chapters and I end with a real whopper of a cliffhanger :( Please please hurry and right the next chapter. I am totally hooked and your writing is soooo much fun to read I almost cried when I got the end of this chapter and found no more to read. Keep up the great work your fans are behind you 100%

TheStarsAtNightTheStarsAtNightover 12 years ago
Awesomeness!

That one place you described, with the tainted river, made me think of the anime "Spirited Away" - specifically the part that always makes me cry. It's when Chihiro tells Haku, a river dragon much like Sebastian (although far more mature), can't find his home is because humans have filled in his river. (And then there's the music and the art is so terrific, and I start bawling no matter how many times I see it.) Great job!

RailroadManRailroadManabout 10 years ago
Man made objects having spirit

You are closer than you probably know about that. I have spent much of my free time around steam locomotives. They are not just large hunks of steel. They are living things. Take a group of locomotives of the same class. All were built exactly to the same dimensions, using the same construction methods. Yet every one will be different-like people-they all have diverse personalities. Some can run faster than others with the same steam pressure. Some are finicky while others are jinxed, always having bad luck with repair problems. So, they are not lifeless, the fire in the firebox is the heart, the steam is the blood.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Good Job, and Railroadman's comment

Great Chapter! I love how the story is not just sex sex sex. I like how there is a plot and that the sex didn't come in until almost 1/3 of the way through the series.

Now, I wish I could reply to RR Man with this thought:

All machines mobile or not have a soul in my opinion but none are more sacred like the cow is to India than the steam locomotive. She breaths, smiles, she gives you brute power all in exchange for a loving hand on her throttle. She moves with your hands as she whispers sweet nothings in your ear, and all she asks is a gentile oiling and a tender full of fuel. Not many receive such attentions anymore and some receive nothing at all but abandonment or use as parts sacrificed for another. It is a crying shame.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous