The Perfect Crime Pt. 01: The Setup

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She stayed on the outer edge, and listened. During a lull, she walked through everyone, slammed her fist into his gut. "PIG!" she screamed. That really started it, and all the ladies started taking shots at each other, pulling hair, spitting, clawing at faces." He paused, "If captured, don't ever let them give you to the women. Freaking vicious, the lot of 'em."

"Doreen, however, had gotten hers in and was gone. Jake followed her to her home, and she went inside. He's still sitting on the house."

"Her husband got home about fifteen minutes ago." He grinned again. "NOW for the great part. We managed to get all their faces, and run them through DMV. We know who they are, where they live, married, et cetera, et cetera."

"And the cops have nothing. No description, ballistics show the gun was used in three other unsolved murders, and they're running around chasing their tails. I gave the personal info to Chris Trelawney, and came over here, calling you on the way."

"Have Jake pick up Mr. and Mrs. Jalles and bring them down here, as soon as I call them." I dialed Jalles's number and he answered on the third ring.

"Hello?" Tom said.

"Mr. Jalles, this is James Tremaine. I would like you and your wife to come down here right now for a consultation. One of our investigators is outside, and he will bring you to our offices, and return you home afterwards. I think this is in both of your best interests."

They arrived about twenty minutes later. I spoke to Tom first, explaining to him that his wife did not know anything about his involvement. It appeared the police didn't either.

"Your wife was the last poor soul seduced by this butt-head. She's only guilty of being human. It only happened once, and according to my investigator; she did a number on his ass at the hospital."

"I don't know what you two have discussed at home, but I have a proposal. Drop the divorce for the moment and have a thirty-day cooling-off period, separately if necessary, and then go get couple's counseling."

We can still institute proceedings after that if you desire but, in my opinion, communication or lack of it, is what causes most divorces. We will make less money doing this, but I cannot in all good conscience, proceed as we've previously discussed, without apprising you of other options."

"These options also include hitting their company with a lawsuit for a quarter-million dollars, on grounds of failure to enforce their non-fraternization policy. We can dress it up with damages for emotional distress, and threaten them with court. I think they will settle."

"After you cash the check, have your wife resign, and get on with your life."

He thought a minute, and said it sounded pretty good.

He continued, "When I got home, she seemed a little distraught, but then came unglued after about five minutes, and then she didn't say much besides she was sorry, she was a fool, how could I even look at her, stuff like that."

"She said she wouldn't blame me if I divorced her, and she wouldn't fight it. She said all she wanted was her car so she could move, and find another job. She told me she didn't deserve me, and just about broke my heart."

"She kept telling me she was so sorry for hurting me, and how she did still love me."

He said about that time I called, and was able to stop the sensory overload, and take me up on my offer to come in and talk.

He chuckled and said, "I'm a little concerned about her becoming dehydrated, she's been crying so much. She even started hiccupping as we walked into the office."

He then told me he thought my advice was a good idea, with a huge sigh of relief. I could tell he really didn't want to lose his wife any more than she apparently didn't want to lose him.

After talking it over with his wife, that's what they did. He put her up in a hotel but I understand that lasted about a week-and-a-half. Neither of them could stand being separated. They went to counseling for almost two months, and then she got pregnant.

Their lawsuit (the first of many that were filed against her company) netted them $327,000.00 because their branch of Haslow decided to play hardball. Corporate found out about it, and told them to settle and for how much.

Dickhead Worns found himself terminated, then divorced, and we were lucky enough to pick up two divorces and three more of the lawsuits against the company. The police came and interviewed Tom twice, the second time with counsel present, and then dropped the inquiry.

All-in-all, a pretty good conclusion for a total of two month's work, right? The perfect crime, right?

Nope. Not even close. Wait, there's more, of course. I still had my Sonia problem, and it was about to really get interesting.

To Be Continued...The Perfect Crime

12