All Comments on 'The Perfect Pieces Ch. 10'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I did not expect her to show up at his secluded and private space

but,

she is there,

with Lizzie,

And (according to her) Pablo is gone.

This means we only have chapters 11, 12, and 13 to wrap this all up.

And I have no idea where we are going.

Redemption? Remorse? Reconnection? Rejoicing? Restitution? Rewards?

Forever after?

?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Huh?

It's hard at this point to figure out just who Amber is. The apparent transformation is difficult to credit. But I wait for the last three chapters with great anticipation. One thing with DreamCloud: never dull for a moment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Um....

ARE YOU NUTS!? Amber has more baggage than O'hare airport during the holidays! That woman has told so many friggen lies, that she doesn't know what the truth is anymore. Oooh DC, what a tangled web you weave...(you little stinker!)

Part of me wants him to give Elizabeth and her baggage-toting mama the bum rush, and either become a hermit again or go running and screaming to Tracy. Another part of me wants him to keep little Elizabeth and bootkick the mama out, and run screaming to Tracy. The hopeless romantic in me is sitting in the corner, rocking back and forth, sucking her thumb mumbling, "What do I do?" over and over. *Sigh*

I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

Good job, DC!

Sxulchocol8

hpldwghpldwgover 8 years ago
More questions--needing answers!

DC--You have woven a really tangled web, and I am anxious to see how you unravel it! Your plot is intricately designed and is exciting and confusing and enticing and frustrating, all at the same time. I am still hoping for some sort of redemption for Amber and for a happy ending for her, Lizzy and Mark, but I am all in for the balance of the trip, regardless of the outcome. Thank you, and I can't wait for tomorrow and ch. 11!

DanceswithWargsDanceswithWargsover 8 years ago

Damn, the frustration and paranoia are real. I love it, and at the same time---aaaargh!. So messy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Pablo is dead?

Sleep with one eye open and the 45 under your pillow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story, but now I'm nervous

Amber seems to be trying to redeem herself. But I can't find the rationale in he story for a believable transition from criminal mastermind to sincere loving partner and mother. That sort of transition has to come from inside, not from someone else, even from meeting someone you love. Otherwise it doesn't stick So far, I don't see where Amber's impetus for change from. Please give us a reason to believe that isn't just because she met Mark.

SolarisLostSolarisLostover 8 years ago
You've lost me now...

This might be the first story of yours that I actively dislike.

After these last two chapters, these story doesn't do much for me anymore. I'll probably stick around to see how it ends, but that's more out of morbid curiosity than anything else.

That fact that Amber was lying from the start really soured her character for me. I can't see how Mark could even contemplate trying to trust her again, and without trust a relationship can't work. She has shown her true colors, that at her core she is selfish and manipulative. Breaking into his house and using her daughter as a shield and a tool to get what she wants is absolutely vile. And the fact that Mark can't seem to resist or stand up to Amber is not a trait I like in him. For all of his macho background, he comes off as a wimp.

Honestly, all I'm hoping for is for her to go away and for Mark to end up with Tracy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
man where are you???

2 days without any updates.. The wait is killing me...

DreamCloudDreamCloudover 8 years agoAuthor
man where are you??

I can't control the update speed. All chapters were posted a week ago. Lit authorizes them one at a time and never more than one a day. It is a fair system, though somewhat frustrating when there are a lot of chapters.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Interesting Story

Nothing like human beings to be full of contradictions and major faults. Your characters are well drawn and not very likable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
@DreamCloud. ---( anon - man where are you??? here.)

Thanks for the assurance that you have posted all your work already :). Very few stories are getting posted in most categories so I was wondering if this was a lit issue or whether you had taken a small vacation. lol

I have loved almost all your stories. I am kind of a loner in rl but your work lets me experience these amazing lives of your characters and the good and bad that goes along with them.

Also wondering if like your previous stories you could post them all together in one chapter. or at least a minimum of 4 lit pages/ chapter. 2 pages/chapter is too small to actually sink into and enjoy the story. Ultimately it is your work and however you want to post it is fine. I just hope you keep writing for a long long time. tc

FrenchFriesFrenchFriesover 8 years ago
As Always...

One would think I'd start to get tired of romantic stories after all these years, and I do. But DreamCloud always finds a way to inject life and vigor into his stories, which are among some of the best I've ever read. Keep up the great work!

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Onward

I no longer have any idea where you are going with this. Perhaps that's a good thing. I'm not going to sleep tonight. On to the next piece of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
too much

Common man u make ur protagonists too good lke he is helping her again and still can't resist her smile this isn't some children fairytale some sanity and normalcy in d character wud do no harm

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What?

I liked this story until this chapter. Amber has been manipulating and lying to him since day one. Now amber uses her daughter to manipulate him into letting them stay. Breaks into his house and tells him Pablo's dead and he just trusts her explanation on how he died. This guy doesn't have any backbone. She's always gonna wear the pants in this relationship. At this point I hope he kicks them both out and goes back to his art. I don't know if I want to read any further. There's only 3 more chapters left but I feel like reality has left this story and we've now entered the twilight zone. I don't see how u can redeem amber at this point or give the male lead a set of balls.

Horseman68Horseman68over 7 years ago
You Never Fail....

..... to envolve and then capture your readers in your stories, as in this one. Still hoping for the best between these two (read now three).

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Trust once lost......................

What twist will we run into now? This story reminds me of the serial movies or cliff hangers I used to see at the movie house when I was kid back in the 50s when you got a double feature for 25 cents!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Knelled?

I know “knell” and I know “kneel” and I know “kneeled” but I don’t know “knelled”. This isn’t the first time you’ve used this term....

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

HHhhhmmmmm!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This Amber is abitch....

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
If

If Amber was running the show as Pablo said,then why did she leave?.Also if Pablo lost a million dollar load,how come the cartel didn't kill him then at that time?.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
If

If Amber is the chief,why did she do a runner?.Also if Pablo lost a million dollar consignment,why didn't the cartel kill him at that time?.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt5 months ago

Well, ...? Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Agree with Nitpic. If Amber was THE Don, there was no way that she would run. Running makes her look weak. With 11 years in the drug business, she would have been anything but weak. Plus she would have had SOME loyals on her side. There would have been a gang war. Amber doesn't appear ruthless enough. Even Mark had his loyals even after giving up violence 20 years ago. In short, Amber doesn't gel as a drug don.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous