All Comments on 'The Perverted Poet Society'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderfully warm story. I'd like to rate it more than a 5. I particularly enjoyed that you weaved the Waxmans into the tale. Sequels?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A lovely gentle romance with a wonderful sense of humour. Love it. As another commentator said "A pleasant change from cheaters and slime balls"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cute and soft little story. I has a good number of little suspense and drram to spice up the plot. That was good and no loose end.

Also, thank you Randi.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love to read it often ,One q,s best

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Romance is not my favorite category. However this story is now among my top 5 favorites.

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 1 year ago

So sweet. So warm & loving.

So happy you shared it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes a simple romance is all you need. Thanks!

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How did I miss this one when it first went up! Silly me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story - only one nit - on the night that they take Amanda Gorman to the poetry club her name somehow changed to Angela.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
One

One of the best stories I have ever read on this channel.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Like it all except for your "extensive" ? use of "Honey" while people are in the early stages of dating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story! One of my favorites!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You consistently turn out good material. Keep at it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love how you tied in “Let Go” into this story . Now I have to of your stories to reread time and again. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Romance wasn't my favorite section either, Q and a few other writers have changed that. And yes, mentioning Dave and Ari was a nice touch!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just stumbled across this tale & I loved it.

I read too much to remember author’s names—at my age I’m just glad I can remember mine—but now that I looked at the author’s name I realize I’ve read other stories of his. I’ve liked many of them but this one’s special.

Bill S.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What an amazing story. It’s one I look forward to reading on a regular basis.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Fabulous love story. An excellent writer.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 1 year ago

I found myself amused at the commenter who asked why on the night of the poetry visit Amanda Gorman's name became Angela. To me it was obvious that they gave her a fake name so that she could visit and read anonymously. Simple.

Oh and it was a lovely gentle story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

-jog

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"she would stand at a little podium." Nope, this is common, so not going to beat up Q for this. She may have been standing ON a podium, perhaps behind a lectern. Look it up. Stepping down from soapbox.

EmotionalEmotionalabout 1 year ago

I miss your stories

Joant43Joant43about 1 year ago

Very enjoyable. Soft and homely. Brought the occasional tear to my eyes along with the chuckles at parts if it.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Not perfect, but I loved it, thank you for sharing, there aren't many better author's than this one. 5*

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk12 months ago

Thank you for sharing this with us.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Outstanding, loving, caring, a great read! Thank you, I will be back..

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very enjoyable story but.....the 1st time your editor missed this error I ignored it. Same with the 2nd, 3rd, etc. until I just had to correct you. When you say "I could care less" that's exactly what it means, you could care less. What you mean to say is you couldn't careless. Sorry for the nitpick.

Cree Galt

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
typo

chlid's - child's

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Agree with anon about couldn’t care less…but “I could care less” has entered into common usage and understood to mean “couldn’t”just like saying something is “bad” often means the exact opposite. You have to know and accept the context and not be so rigid.

Whenever I run across a grammar “enthusiast” I consider the sentence: “Ending a sentence with a preposition is something, up with which, I will not put.”. Rules are guidelines, not straight jackets.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good ol’ Q,

What will I do,

When you quit writing stories..

I’ll just mope,

Reading some other hack or dope,

And remember your little glories

I think I like your prose because I’m old and horny. .Not necesarrily in that order…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another stunning tale. Heartwarming and humorous at the same time. As for the odd typo here and there, please keep them in. They make you human, your writing quality is something us mortals merely can strive at. Thank you for submitting this BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Outstanding! Loved it! 5+

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Enjoyed but... Hastings was interested in Jill but didn't recognise her husband Jack the Naughty Nursery Rhymes guy (who, it is made clear, was on the same channel and in some of the same YouTube videos) as the Jack he's known for years? Doesn't add up.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Rereading and love the story.

One minor nit - at the bottom of page 1 when Ms Gorman gets into the car her name has been changed to Angela - that would make sense at the club in order to hide her true identity but not that early.

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of my favorite stories on L.!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Growing up from the age of 7 (with allergies) in the country, surrounded by fields much of the time was spent indoors. Of course, that was when there were only three TV channels. Reading was how I spent much of my time and it is still a favorite pastime. I've read multiple thousands of books and stories but have found my favorite writer at age 58, Q! Thank you, sir, for all the enjoyment you provide. This is the third time reading this one.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

By the way, I like how Dave and Ari Waxman from the story 'Let Go' made their way to this tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

EHP4269EHP42693 months ago

Another excellent contribution. I am a sucker for LW stories that have happy endings. Thank you for making my reading so enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Rereading and the comment about Jill using six nails instead of three reminds me of a comment by a friend who does work with Habitat for Humanity. He said that their houses stand up to hurricane force winds better that the ones built by professional contractors because amateurs tend to use too many nails when they work.

NitpicNitpic29 days ago
What

What a lovely story

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

5*, I love your writing. On the off chance you're allowed to do small edits on your stories, you might want to go to page 1 and change Angie/Angela to Amanda. That may have been how Jill introduced her to her friends at the club, but I didn't see that. Again, 5*!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories