All Comments on 'The Perverted Poet Society'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

5*, I love your writing. On the off chance you're allowed to do small edits on your stories, you might want to go to page 1 and change Angie/Angela to Amanda. That may have been how Jill introduced her to her friends at the club, but I didn't see that. Again, 5*!

NitpicNitpic29 days ago
What

What a lovely story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Rereading and the comment about Jill using six nails instead of three reminds me of a comment by a friend who does work with Habitat for Humanity. He said that their houses stand up to hurricane force winds better that the ones built by professional contractors because amateurs tend to use too many nails when they work.

EHP4269EHP42693 months ago

Another excellent contribution. I am a sucker for LW stories that have happy endings. Thank you for making my reading so enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

By the way, I like how Dave and Ari Waxman from the story 'Let Go' made their way to this tale!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Growing up from the age of 7 (with allergies) in the country, surrounded by fields much of the time was spent indoors. Of course, that was when there were only three TV channels. Reading was how I spent much of my time and it is still a favorite pastime. I've read multiple thousands of books and stories but have found my favorite writer at age 58, Q! Thank you, sir, for all the enjoyment you provide. This is the third time reading this one.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of my favorite stories on L.!

WisquejacWisquejac6 months ago

Great story. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Rereading and love the story.

One minor nit - at the bottom of page 1 when Ms Gorman gets into the car her name has been changed to Angela - that would make sense at the club in order to hide her true identity but not that early.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass7 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Enjoyed but... Hastings was interested in Jill but didn't recognise her husband Jack the Naughty Nursery Rhymes guy (who, it is made clear, was on the same channel and in some of the same YouTube videos) as the Jack he's known for years? Doesn't add up.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Outstanding! Loved it! 5+

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Another stunning tale. Heartwarming and humorous at the same time. As for the odd typo here and there, please keep them in. They make you human, your writing quality is something us mortals merely can strive at. Thank you for submitting this BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good ol’ Q,

What will I do,

When you quit writing stories..

I’ll just mope,

Reading some other hack or dope,

And remember your little glories

I think I like your prose because I’m old and horny. .Not necesarrily in that order…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Agree with anon about couldn’t care less…but “I could care less” has entered into common usage and understood to mean “couldn’t”just like saying something is “bad” often means the exact opposite. You have to know and accept the context and not be so rigid.

Whenever I run across a grammar “enthusiast” I consider the sentence: “Ending a sentence with a preposition is something, up with which, I will not put.”. Rules are guidelines, not straight jackets.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago
typo

chlid's - child's

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very enjoyable story but.....the 1st time your editor missed this error I ignored it. Same with the 2nd, 3rd, etc. until I just had to correct you. When you say "I could care less" that's exactly what it means, you could care less. What you mean to say is you couldn't careless. Sorry for the nitpick.

Cree Galt

tsgtcapttsgtcapt11 months ago

Outstanding, loving, caring, a great read! Thank you, I will be back..

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk12 months ago

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Not perfect, but I loved it, thank you for sharing, there aren't many better author's than this one. 5*

Joant43Joant43about 1 year ago

Very enjoyable. Soft and homely. Brought the occasional tear to my eyes along with the chuckles at parts if it.

EmotionalEmotionalabout 1 year ago

I miss your stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"she would stand at a little podium." Nope, this is common, so not going to beat up Q for this. She may have been standing ON a podium, perhaps behind a lectern. Look it up. Stepping down from soapbox.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Marvelous, simply marvelous.

-jog

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 1 year ago

I found myself amused at the commenter who asked why on the night of the poetry visit Amanda Gorman's name became Angela. To me it was obvious that they gave her a fake name so that she could visit and read anonymously. Simple.

Oh and it was a lovely gentle story. Thank you.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Fabulous love story. An excellent writer.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 1 year ago

What an amazing story. It’s one I look forward to reading on a regular basis.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I just stumbled across this tale & I loved it.

I read too much to remember author’s names—at my age I’m just glad I can remember mine—but now that I looked at the author’s name I realize I’ve read other stories of his. I’ve liked many of them but this one’s special.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Romance wasn't my favorite section either, Q and a few other writers have changed that. And yes, mentioning Dave and Ari was a nice touch!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I love how you tied in “Let Go” into this story . Now I have to of your stories to reread time and again. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You consistently turn out good material. Keep at it. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story! One of my favorites!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

Like it all except for your "extensive" ? use of "Honey" while people are in the early stages of dating.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
One

One of the best stories I have ever read on this channel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love the story - only one nit - on the night that they take Amanda Gorman to the poetry club her name somehow changed to Angela.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How did I miss this one when it first went up! Silly me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes a simple romance is all you need. Thanks!

DP

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 1 year ago

So sweet. So warm & loving.

So happy you shared it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Romance is not my favorite category. However this story is now among my top 5 favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love to read it often ,One q,s best

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Cute and soft little story. I has a good number of little suspense and drram to spice up the plot. That was good and no loose end.

Also, thank you Randi.

5*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A lovely gentle romance with a wonderful sense of humour. Love it. As another commentator said "A pleasant change from cheaters and slime balls"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderfully warm story. I'd like to rate it more than a 5. I particularly enjoyed that you weaved the Waxmans into the tale. Sequels?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Undoubtedly worths 5 star review or better.

For basically a simple story of two people falling in love it quickly became a page turner demanding tone read. Well done.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Thank you.

Geo.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Q, you never cease to amaze me! Great!

Jim

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonalmost 2 years ago

A pleasant change from cheaters and slime balls

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It's funny with stories. Sometimes they're rubbish and sometimes they're nice!

I think it's an imitation of life, and it depends on how you make your slice!

This time, it appears the knife did a fine job of finding meat near the bone!

No need for this author to expect less than five stars, and no need of a clone!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For those who may not follow poetry Amanda Gorman is a real and well respected poet and activist. I admire the detail and varied subject matter that Q uses in his tales. Randi adds polish to an already quality gem with her editing. I would be proud as hell if I could produce a story half as good. Thank you.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah!!!!!

But most of all, "It's just asphalt. It has no responsibility for the assholes who have walked on it."

Good one. Perfect for a T-Shirt.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Great story! Enjoyed it very much. Thanks for writing,.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Have to say that I loved the story.

Amanda Gorman's name seems to have been changed in the middle of the story - sometimes she's Amanda, other times she's Angela.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

nice story, needs a better spell check/grammar checker but that didn't take away form the story, It's a shame there people in the world like some in this story, abusers and assholes but there are a lot of good people to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it! Not just a happy ending, but a lovely tale all through!

Jim

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 2 years ago

Literotica is a fairly big place, I'm sure there would be room for some Naughty Nursery Rhymes. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Very very good, really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't just a romance but had some drama. 5* and favorited.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A very very nice story, certainly worthy of much more than the five stars allowed. I often comment about wanting more from a story, especially if I think the ending was too abrupt. This story had, in my opinion, a well thought out, well executed sensible ending. But I really wanted more of it. Jack and Jill’s romance just seemed so perfect I wanted it to keep going.

Thanks for another great story, Q.

Dee

simpletxboysimpletxboyover 2 years ago

Seriously another great story in a line of great stories! Well done! I give it 5 stars only because I can't give it 50!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

On the topic of habit for humanity and your comment re "when it needed three nails she'd use six". A friend who works with Habitat for Humanity in Florida told me that after one of the hurricanes (forget which one) their houses were still standing when others were just so much kindling for exactly that reason. Their volunteers would use too many nails - sometimes over exuberance and sometimes because they were nailing by hand and bent a nail before it was all the way in. Regardless of the reason it mean their houses stood up when others didn't.

On a related note - speaking to a Risk Manager from an insurance company I was told that simply using slightly longer nails (as in an eighth of an inch longer) could mean the difference between a house withstanding a storm and being destroyed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Jill seems like a secretive, bossy bitch

Seghill_ZombieSeghill_Zombieover 2 years ago

Another excellent story, Q. 5*****. It was great to see Dave and Ari Waxman from “Let Go”, again, and references to Ari’s big sister, Marsha, and Dave’s wife, Bev.

One teeny, tiny observation, though: when Jack and Jill first met Dave and Ari at the market, you said that Dave looked too old to have a 9 year old daughter, intimating that he might be in his late forties or even in his fifties. In fact Dave is 41, which hardly seems to fit the bill. We know this from the timeline in “Let Go”:

1 Bev tells us she is 36 when she attends Dave’s barbecue with a view to ending their separation and first meets Ari, who was then 4. This is confirmed later on when she becomes pregnant with Haley at the age of 38, when Ari is “six and a half”. That means that Bev was 32 when Ari was born and is now 41 at the date of Dave’s first meeting with Jack and Jill; and

2 Bev and Dave are the same age! Whilst Dave’s age is never formally stated in “Let Go”, it is alluded to when he and Bev are watching Marsha, after Bev has sorted out her hair and makeup. Dave muses whether they were ever that young, to which Bev responds that one of her fondest memories was when she and Dave had their first kiss when “WE were nineteen”

Ergo Dave is 41.

Just a small aside, and one that doesn’t detract from an excellent story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Wow. Wow. Wow.

5-stars & Favorite.

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 2 years ago

As I have always been a hopeless romantic, “Thank you kind Sir, I can only say thank you”. Definitely one to add to my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think I treat myself to your stories at least every six months, not just one - MANY! This one touched me in many ways being a lover of stories, poems, woodworking and construction. My mom fed the first two (she was a teacher) and my dad fed the last two. I am also a fan of the Sears kit homes.

Thank you Q. You help fill many an hour.

somewhere east of Omaha

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Absolutely loved it, all the right ingredients in the right amounts and in the right places, sadly the shortage of time served Carpenters is a very real problem not currently being addressed in the Western world, everyone wants skilled people, no one wants to pay to train future craftsmen. Loved the poetry, also the fragility of some stupid mens egos, my own sex makes me ashamed sometimes of how we treat Women.

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Once more, a very good story Q. Truly amazing certainly deserving of five stars. You know it is good when the trolls can only find the stupidest details to whine about! It's a testament to a fine writer and fine editor.

You two make a very good team!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent story, again, Q. Nice to catch up with the Waxmans from ‘Let Go’, again. 5*****

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Yet another good read...yea..there are some minor glitches....but you achieved the proper suspension of disbelief...to make it work. Great Job from a great auithor

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 2 years ago

Re: Anon @ $75 Per Hour

You are making assumptions not in the story. How many contractors work only 40 hours a week? I rarely did, then there was a nearly 3 year period when I averaged 72 hours Without weekends being in the mix. When he mentioned the $200,000 per year I took it as it is nearly always given, a gross amount. You adding in items like taxes and overhead show it as net after taxes and expenses. A huge difference in the world of the self employed. Perhaps you also missed where he mentioned what the cost of labor and materials would be on the donated playhouse? Those numbers fall right in line with the norm in our business when I retired a decade ago. Me, I'll take Q's numbers over yours any day.

The only thing I questioned in the story was near the end. Hastings and his wife were at a loss trying to track Jill down from her YouTube channel. I understood that, but the problem is they knew about Jack being the Naughty Nursery Rhyme Guy. It stands to reason that they would have watched at least some of the episodes and since Jack was in a number of them they should have recognized him.

"There was a sweet girl of Decatur

Who went to sea on a freighter

She was screwed by the master

-An utter disaster-

But the crew all made up for it later."

Issac Asimov, Lecherous Limericks, 1975

Probably only long time fans know that IA as part of some 500 books also included 5 on naughty limericks, this one was the first.

It's always a good evening to read another Q offering, with no cheating wife, the MC who takes care of anyone trying to abuse his girlfriend/fiance/wife without hesitation and a happy ending. Randi wouldn't let him get away with anything less satisfying anyway. *****'s Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How old were the characters supposed to be? It seems odd for a grown woman to scream so hard she shakes the rafters over an offer to see a young poet speak. Same goes for two adults to be in awe of Amanda Gorman's maturity and stateliness when she is 23 irl and I was assuming the two main characters were in their mid to late twenties. I had a difficult time suspending my disbelief once a real person was added to the story because then I am expecting the story and characters to feel that much more realistic. And then once the name switch up happened I had to stop reading because I was too distracted by how unrealistic the story felt.

burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

Excellent - Very entertaining! You are very talented!

***** stars!

Burninglove

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 2 years ago

That was a pleasure to read.

Well done, Q, as usual.

lukeshortlukeshortover 2 years ago

Another really good one. 5*

Cal59Cal59over 2 years ago

Love the naughty nursery rhymes!!!

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensover 2 years ago

Excellent! 5*

I can't add much to what has already been said. Please keep writing.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionalmost 3 years ago

Q, if I may use the familiar, do not disappoint the hopeful romantics; at least not this one. You have produced some of my favorite human interest stories. Thank you for what you do so we’ll.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 3 years ago

Just when I think I have read the best

Q moves the post again! Wow such a pleasure to read and laugh and nearly shed a tear (I am a father as well). This is why I read on this site so many diamonds in the rough that shine so bright. It is nice to have an uplifting story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

$75 per hour is roughly $156,000 per year. Subtract overhead and the number drops. Minus taxes and it drops even more. So to make $200,000 per year means he was doing a hell of a markup on materials. Not such a great person after all.

As in many of your stories the protagonist never evolves or faces significant adversity and the female love interest is a victim of prior abuse. Getting to be rather formulaic.

Yanbrun82Yanbrun82almost 3 years ago

I've added this to my favorite story list. Superb storyline, very heartwarming and the naughty nursery rhymes had me chuckling while working.. (I work from home). I would give it 10 stars if I could. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A Great story. I am running late, late. Late right now but frankly I don’t give a damn. I just couldn’t put it down and pick it up later. I had to go all the way with it and it was worth it. Definitely a Five Star story. Really a Ten Star story but I haven’t figured out how to do that. Yet.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Jack be nimble, Jack be quick, Jack jumped over the candlestick.

But alas he didn’t clear the flame, so now they call him Auntie Jane.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding! As usual for this author.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 3 years ago

What garbage.....

RWessonRWessonalmost 3 years ago

Great story, and you may inspire me to write some naughty nursery rhymes into some future story of mine, if I can ever get them published. 5*

Rogue5512Rogue5512almost 3 years ago

A red letter day for me is when one of my favorite authors posts on this site. Your latest story was one such day. Superb! Thank you for your efforts.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

Great story. hard working guy gets gorgeous gal a little intrigue and happily ever after. What's not to like. Always look forward to a qhml1 story. My only complaint is they are so far between. I said it was my only complaint! 😂

Cheers

SAGE

FastEddie2632FastEddie2632almost 3 years ago

Always a great read. I could read your stories again and again. And I have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story but someone conecting cleverness with Andrew Clay put me off.

waifwaifalmost 3 years ago

I think there may have been a paragraph where Amanda Gorman's name was changed, but it was so minor I never went back to verify it.

The only real criticism I can think of was the assault on Jill. It seemed a bit extreme for the character and I felt that having the ex be the one who pops up after being released (and her not being notified because of a screw up) would have made more sense.

Hey, I did say it was the only real criticism I had.

DeLord12804DeLord12804almost 3 years ago

I stand with many of the commenters on the naughty nursery rhymes, too few and far between. This story was a direct hit into my wheelhouse, Andrew Dice Clay was very popular doing Naughty versions of nursery rhymes in his stand up act, and Isaac Asimov wrote Lecherous Limericks. So you're in good company as far as I'm concerned. Keep it coming, Please!

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Great story, as always. You would not want to get me started on dirty limericks.........

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

This was just fantastic. Long time fan and this might be even better than the Unicorn….thanks for sharing.

Storm113Storm113almost 3 years ago

I've been a fan for years now. Long enough to see you get better and better. You started out good, and now you're great. Thank you for continuing to write stories for us. I really appreciate it.

MVarroMVarroalmost 3 years ago

Just great, thank you

rdady1966rdady1966almost 3 years ago

Another great one.

paulsubpaulsubalmost 3 years ago

Your stories allow me to meet the nicest characters!

Jack Montgomery has a similar business as my own, my poetry skills are non existent!

I have read all your other works and appreciate you for sharing.

Richard1940Richard1940almost 3 years ago

Loved it. Different, sweet and funny - what's not to like

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories