All Comments on 'The Photo'

by Incoming

Sort by:
  • 46 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 17 years ago
As a former PI let me say.

so far so good...

First... if the PI says the tape is inadmissible in court why his HE the husband trying to get a tape?

of course IF the husband wants the video or tape to apply pressure... "I 'll send it to every one you know and your family"... then it might be worth doing.

Since it appears that the husband wants the tape to confront the wife -- why Not have the PI get a tape and a Video?

Using it legally would be a different issue. Also f the wife and her lover ARE fucking on compnay ground / time there could be a HUGE lawsuit

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 17 years ago
Good start to a Loving Wife story

Very interesting and plausible start to a story. Looking forward to where this blue collar approach to investigating takes us. No large investments taken up though how small a recorder can be intrigues me about today’s electronics.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

PT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
possibilities

some interesting possibilities here. Could take this story anywhere. Thought the confontration to rattle the wife was a bit strong - but we will have to see where it leads. Good start. keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Poorly Written

<p>This isn't a wimp husband story -- at least not yet -- but who knows what future chapters will bring? The most outstanding thing about this "story" is the absolute worst dialogue I've ever seen in any context. I think people who talk like this are normally held captive in various wax museums throughout Europe. Certainly, the “writer” made them so stiff and unnatural, they can’t live through their words. It follows, of course, that the characters in this “story” begin as one dimensional constructs…and are never developed.</p>

<p>The “writer” also earns a zero for lack of imagination. There is nothing whatsoever that is fresh or interesting in this “story.” I’ve read the same stuff in hundreds of other stories, though it’s not done nearly as well in this “story.” In short, craftsmanship in this thing is the one thing that is totally lacking.</p>

<p>Ron123XYZ@anonymousforever.naturally</p>

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Has my attention

Can't wait for the rest,good story so far

DesertPirateDesertPirateabout 17 years ago
Where from here?

This is going to be different, can't wait to see where it goes. You have always had a different writing style, I'm sure this will be as good as the others. Have at it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
your story and you write it your way

thanks for taking your time in writing these stories you write.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Good start; you have my attention...

Looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Little Choppy

An interesting premise, but I fear you removed all the suspense with her reaction. She's clearly hiding the truth, and isn't afraid or shocked to be accused of adultery. Furthermore, she talks of proof, not truth. Sad. I think there's at least one hole here; would the husband really not know his wife in rear view? Or is he kidding himself?

bornagainbornagainabout 17 years ago
Cant wait for next chapter

I cant wait for the next chapter im routing for the husband

the wife is definitly screwing someone.

bud444bud444about 17 years ago
MY PET PEEVE....

I THINK,IN GENERAL, WRITTERS SHOULD LABLE THEIR STORIES CHAP 1 ETC AND AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER EITHER "TO BE CONTINUED" OR "THE END". A LOT OF WRITTERS ON THIS SITE DONT FINISH THEIR STORIES, AND I HATE TO START AND BE LEFT HANGING. OR SIX WEEKS LATER HAVING TO REREAD THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS. PROBABLY NOT DONE ON PURPOSE, BUT THESE SIMPLE COURTESIES WOULD REALLY BE APPRECIATED. ANYWAY I LIKED YOUR STORY AND LOOK FORWARD TO READING THE REST. WHEN AND IF IT IS POSTED

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
Good start but ONLY a start

There is a 'to be continued' at the end but it does seem to be short. You taking lessons from DanielleKitten and Sweetwitch??

Hope we hear from you soon. Need to know how the recorder turned out. I'm guessing it has nothing on it, requiring deeper digging.

Alvaron53Alvaron53about 17 years ago
Very odd story

The author's style is uneven, and he makes numerous grammatical and typographical errors in the writing. The meaning of "I never even heard home come to bed." is a mystery. It's hard to know whether words were simply left out or the author switched one word for another. Either way, this is shoddy authorship.

<P>

Insofar as the plot goes, I couldn't find one. As for the characters, I began to be suspicious when the main character started to hear voices in his head. Then I thought back to his frantic search of the house for some clue, something that would prove his wife was cheating on him. He found nothing. He has no proof of anything except a random photograph showing a couple having sex, ostensibly at the office where she works, but it could've been taken anywhere.

<P>

It didn't take long to understand what had happened. The hubby had suffered a mental collapse and was suffering from paranoid delusions. Voices in his head were telling him things that might or might not be true. He can't seem to distinguish reality from fantasy. He sees "evidence" of her cheating in some photograph in which the participants can't be identified but somehow he's "sure" she's cheating on him. He acts strangely, desperately searching the house, looking for evidence that just isn't there. He even starts sniffing her panties to see if she's having sex at work and even admits to himself that it's bizarre. A reasonable man would conclude that his wife isn't having an affair as there's no evidence to suggest it. Clearly, the husband has become mentally unbalanced.

<P>

The scene with the private investigator is telling. The man listens patiently while the hubby spews his tale of woe. The PI can't wait to get clear of this man so he tells him that there's nothing he can do and leaves as soon as possible. It's obvious that the husband's demeanor and his actions have frightened the man.

<P>

I conclude that the main character is mentally ill. He needs professional psychiatric help and sooner, not later. Now while stories of mental illness might be entertaining to some, I don't find them so. It's certainly not what I'd expect in a LW story. It should've been posted in non-erotic fiction. Here's a twenty-five for your effort. I thank you.

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 17 years ago
I like peggytwitty’s “blue collar” concept

No ex Marine or an engineer with a specialty in audio visual gadgets. The writers allows the husband to stumble and be confused a bit, the way most people would if something so shocking would land on them suddenly.

I found the style refreshing. Now don’t let us wait too long!

BazzzBazzzabout 17 years ago
You can tell some sort of hell is coming

Story wasn't that well written. There were some misplaced words and it was not that smooth. I hope you get more creative than just recording her conversations in the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Misleading

It is misleading not to mention that this is the first and incomplete part of a story. Not nice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great start,damn it now finish what you start.

Got me wondering where it ends. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Can't Wait For The Finish!

Thanks for a great start. I hope you'll write the finish for us soon! If its her, she's gotta go!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Great Start

I have been checking every day for next part, please send it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Still waiting...

Any idea on when you'll continue "the photo"? It gets frustrating to read these stories when authors put huge lag times in between. Or worse yet fail to finish them..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Wheres The Beef?

Liked the first half, wheres the rest? Please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
why you not written the other chapter

i forgot about the story wasn't finish it been so long after the first chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Damn

Been waiting over a month, why post first half then not follow up? Please finish!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Please

Good start, but please, please, please get an editor!!!

ErotonautErotonautabout 17 years ago
Is this guy an alien?

This story makes no sense. He suspects the photo may not even be of his wife, and has been sent by a duplicitous co-worker, so he treats her like he's just caught her fucking the mailman and orders her to "quite" (sic) her job? Is this the way a normal human being would act?

bruce22bruce22almost 15 years ago
Nice Setup

But the story could go anywhere from here! I can not see

why some people are rejecting it, except as too short!

Her reaction was too cold and unloving, we are going to have a revenge story. Possibly it will be excessive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
If she is innocent his comments ended the marriage

.

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
married to Ellen for 20 years

Old folks are not sexy so I quit reading and gave it a 1.

TalonsreachTalonsreachover 12 years ago
Dwornock give it a break

The way you criticize mature folks having sex leads me to believe you are either 16 years old (in which case you need to get off this site) or you have a 16 year old mentality. For example, tell me you didn't get a hard on when you saw 40+ year old Demi Moore in her bikini in Charlies Angels? Tell me you weren't grabbed my Michelle Pfiffer in Tequilla Sunrise. Your narrow mindedness is not appreciated by the rest of us. If you don't like the age of the participants it is YOUR problem. Why do you try to make it a problem for the rest of us. Just go away!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Dworndork is the worst kind of troll

Who makes an account to comment "I voted 1*" on every story? Get a life Doorknob.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Kinda agree with the previous poster

Based on the tale, and reading between the lines, seems like there isn't much of a marriage when husband becomes so convinced with so little evidence, cannot be honest with wife, spies on her, intentionally inflicts emotional distress on her to discover whether she has been cheating or not, and seems to have no current relationship of any note with her any longer.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
YOU NEVER, EVER TELEGRAPH YOUR PUNCHES

unless you want to be a masochist. TK U MLJ LV NV

rightbankrightbankalmost 10 years ago
it is one thing to rile the nest

it is another to lay all your cards in advance with no proof, data, or evidence.

a sure way to fail while looking idiotic.

you just drove the lovers underground and out of sight.

silly goose.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Stupid

Hope he doesn't play poker for money.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Interesting

So is she or is she not a cheater? No rating until after ch. 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Editor

You need one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another unfinished story!

Don't waste your time. Frustrating to read 2 chapters and then nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Mystery

Where is the third chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
DO NOT START READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are two chapters to this story. Trust me when I tell you the story is COMPLETELY UNFINISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT START READING!! NO ENDING!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Taking advice from Winterfrog?

Interesting story line with a familiar theme and progression.

Haven't checked for a follow up to this but it could be worth reading so I'm waiting for the next installment.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Short

Just a quick start, but not bad. Unfortunately, reading the previous comment makes me fear disappointment.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Great start. Can't wait for Part 2...

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

Series unfinished after fifteen years get 1 star.

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

Maybe the author died? He may also be laughing at us.

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

Since 15 years have passed and it is still not complete, you would do well to skip this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Coming down on her like that is idiocy.

Come pal, you really expect your story to win with that kind nonsense?

Shame too as you weave a decent plot.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous