All Comments on 'The PI Who Knew Too Much Ch. 05'

by A_Bierce

Sort by:
  • 33 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Shades of Bogart, Bacall, Cagney and Robinson!

5

grogers7grogers7almost 4 years ago

Well written, for sure. Entertaining enough that a bunch of us waited for each chapter. It reads like a 1950's Dragnet or Perry Mason episode. That's good. Thanks for this and your other works.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 4 years ago
Good read

I did enjoy the story and this chapter was a good way to end.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 4 years ago

Pete Spector would make a good TV series. He'll even figure out how to get the money to Lupe, won't he?

And if it can't be a TV series, a series here in Literotica would be great.

Thank you, as a Raymond Chandler fan I really enjoyed this serial.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good writing but I kept waiting for Spector to be heroic in some sadly ironic way......

...instead he came across as the supporting actor in a story without a leading man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
...

The ending felt really rushed but great all the way up then. Please keep writing.

TheBusinessManTheBusinessManalmost 4 years ago
Encore Encore

More please, when you can.

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 4 years ago

Interesting story that produces more questions than it answered and left a lot unanswered.

There was no neat bow tying everything together but a feeling there was more coming. Spector is too good of a character to abandon.

4*

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago

It doesn't seem to go anywhere. The MC keeps on getting attacked, then saved by fortuitous events. The rogue hoodlums were not an effective plot device.

luedonluedonalmost 4 years ago
After all that

Nobody commented?

Everybody's dazed like I am? But at least when the nice man asks for ripples in his pond, I throw a rock in.

So if there's to be more adventures for our PI, will he survive intact? How many more times will he be beaten up and shot? Will we actually see a Loving Wife to justify it's inclusion as a story in this category?

So many mysteries.

Lue

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 4 years ago

I enjoyed the story, but I'll make the same suggestion (demand?) about chapter stories. Write the whole story before posting Ch 1, that way there shouldn't be a delay in posting subsequent chapters.

I enjoyed the Yiddishisms. For those who may not know, a common definition: "a schlemiel is somebody who often spills his soup and a schlimazel is the person it lands on."

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Kinda sketchy vis-a-vis a ‘Loving Wife’ ... very sketchy! But it was a pretty fair noir PI story!

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Again I am wondering why this is LW as the main character doenst have sex, is not married and his non existent wife isnt having sex either

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 4 years ago
How disappointing an ending. 3* at best

Very disappointing ... believable but there was so much more you could have done with this. If you make it a serial string of multiple stories, with same lead character, then this makes more sense.

andyinozandyinozalmost 4 years ago
Splash...

ripple...ripple...

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

Good story. Not sure why it's in loving wives though. Still 4 for an entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love Noir

Noir Alley-esque!

G1962G1962almost 4 years ago
I enjoyed your writing but Iam confused!

How did they know he had the money? No one knew. Why hadn't he ever looked at the money. What was the story really about. After 5 chapters I have no clue.

Why is this in loving wives

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
How much does anyone care to bet that

he'll end up back with his old secretary?

The_PedantThe_Pedantalmost 4 years ago
The PI Kew nothing!

And at the end of what was shaping to be an intriguing tale, neither did we.

SKHPSKHPalmost 4 years ago

Well written and interesting storyline, but, IMHO, too many loose ends.

It was not really clear in the end who was responsible for all the attacks and murders. There should have been more explanation, and better not from the mouth of a leading villain but through Pete's efforts as a PI. Obviously, he did not know too much but only a little about the proceedings.

But please continue this series, AB - the characters of Pete & Lupe are just too interesting to bury them. And I agree with Sbrooks: a story should be completed to ensure the right flow of chapters.

⭐⭐⭐⭐ for this part, nearly ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ for the entire series.

gmann57gmann57almost 4 years ago

I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing

KingBandorKingBandoralmost 4 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the series. The only negative for me was the less than satisfying explanation from the mob boss. "We don't know why everybody shot everybody else. It's a mystery!" was disappointing and felt like you mailed that part in. The shootings were a key part of the story to be left unexplained.

Other than that, excellent.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowalmost 4 years ago

I liked it - it was quite good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Thanks for a good read!!

Good story, well written - even credible.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Great series. I enjoy the old movies and noir novels. Each chapter was a highlight in a bad LW day, and I hope there will be more. I thought the loving wife set off this entire caper, and then got whacked early in the story.

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyover 3 years ago
Wordsmith

A description I rarely award. But you sir are a wordsmith. You create mood and subtlety along with wit. I admire you and hope you continue to share your stories with this loyal fan.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 3 years ago

More like skipping it across the pond and getting 5 skips. Wayyy better than a single splash

Well done

LoejtcLoejtcalmost 3 years ago

Boston Blackie, Bulldog Drummond, and now Pete Spectre! Put me right "In The Mood".

Nice job. I'll read as much as you post.

Thanks

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Good job with the slang.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyover 2 years ago

What kind of a whodunit ends without all of the loose ends being stitched together? He never figures out why he was shot, or why Mrs. Bezier, or Mr. Kirchner were done in. Too many unanswered questions...

3 stars A disappointing ending to an otherwise good story...

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo11 months ago

Damn. Too good to complain about that ending. But that was a rotten ending. 5.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous