All Comments on 'The Pianist and His Lover'

by PostScriptor

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Flymo65Flymo65about 3 years ago
Brilliant

A simple story made truly engrossing by the musical setting, the character development and the author’s imagination. (On reflection I was surprised that there was no mention of Lola & Hauser in the preamble!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Excellent story 5 Stars

I was just as shocked as the other commenter that there was betrayal lies and deceptions in a story on an erotic fiction porn site. LOL

It was a wonderful romantic story about realistic imperfect people. Great plot and character development.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 3 years ago
Loved the musical setting

I have (what I feel is) a weird love of watching orchestras play, perhaps even more than the music itself. I just love to see that much talent on display. So this story was right up my street, and the gentle rhythm of its pacing was like a nocturne.

Thank you, sir.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Great job with all you had to contend with!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it.

I think this properly sits firmly In the Romance section. I loved it, partly because it’s a good story but also because even though there was sex, there wasn’t the lurid description of every thrust and drip that often accompanies these stories. This was almost perfect.

Thank you.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Very nicely done, it made the affair and the characters motives throughout very natural and believable. Thank you.

Richie4110Richie4110about 3 years ago

Thank you for the wonderful story and the insight into the world of music.

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 3 years ago

A magnificent 'forbidden love' love story! Plus, you've expanded my musical horizons yet again ...I'll be listening to piano solos & piano/cello duets for weeks.

Thank you!

ThorlolThorlolabout 3 years ago

Was a good story as a whole but I never expected the utter disrespect/hate Ericka had for Tom at the end even though I knew she loved Jeremy. Would have been alot better without the child.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 3 years ago
Nice story (and Romance is indeed the right section)

Nicely paced with excellent character development. I liked all of the characters in the story. Welll done.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago

Quite Believable

I love the musical context. I am a big fan of "classical music" and the various concertos are quite familiar to me although I can't play more than note or two on the piano myself. The concept of duos playing together has become more popular in recent years although classical music's popularity is rather flat. Several couples and brother/sister teams team play piano duets or piano 4-hands (look it up) and there are people like the Galways (married couple) who play music for two flutes. Violin sonatas are usually played with piano accompaniment and Yo Yo Ma and Isaac Stern were a great team on the cello and violin many years ago. Jeremy and Helen fit very well into this milieu. Thanks for the subplot.

I have to think about it a bit as to whether or not I liked the circumstances of the end of the affair announced at the very beginning of the story. We all knew that the theme was "the end of the affair" so we knew it would end, but knowing exactly how it would happen took some of the zip out of the story. Everyone was so likable and they all fit together so well that the story was somewhat saccharine in flavor. Hard to believe that Tom didn't know his wife well enough to recognize that she was cheating on him with Jeremy all that time. I sort of anticipated that Erika's son would have some life threatening medical issue which would require an organ or blood or something that only the father could give, but the author resisted that cliche, thank goodness.

I am forced by an innate urge to admire the writing while jumping up and down in annoyance at this author's almost perfect record in misusing the pronouns "I and me" as so many of the authors on this site insist on doing. Once again I'll give my two minute lesson on how to easily avoid the error:

When two people are coupled in a sentence and you have to say something like: "Helen and I/me met for dinner" you simply drop the name Helen and try "I met for dinner" or "me met for dinner". Obviously it is "I met for dinner". On the other hand if we are saying: "The waiter brought champagne for Helen and I/me" you again drop the name Helen and try: "The waiter brought champagne for me" or "The waiter brought champagne for I". Obviously the pronoun "me" is correct. You don't need to know about case or any complex grammar rule; it's just a matter of what sounds right. You'll have no trouble if English is your first language or if you have used the language extensively. There is a notion that "me" is crude and incorrect, but both pronouns have their place and it is easy enough to figure it out.

Sorry to be a grammar pest, but Mrs. Schreiber taught me a whole year of grammar in eighth grade 70 years ago and it has never left me. I can even diagram a sentence if pressured to do so (look it up).

Despite my pronoun fetish this story is still worth a 5*

Davester37Davester37about 3 years ago

My very favorite romance stories bring me to another place and give me a glimpse into another lifestyle. I really appreciate the rich authentic detail of the music world, in this case. Of course, the story itself is delightful as well, and the characters are well-developed and believable. Kudos! This is one of the best.

As always, thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 3 years ago

Well plotted and well constructed story with an inside-baseball look at the classical music world. Good insights into the minds of the lovers, too. As I read it, I thought Tom had it figured out and had decided not to interfere. Strong work. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Beautiful story

Beautiful love story. Romantic, but realistic. Not suitable for purists or moralists, but for those to understand that human attraction can be irresistible, and sex a wonderful thing. Thanks for the time and the effort to write the this beautiful story. I had a terrific time reading it.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

One can only hope that people who act like your protagonists become infected with HIV and suffer a slow, painful death. Perhaps the opportunity to play with open cards from the start would have made life look different. At least for the cheated partner! But cheaters don't have this positive trait!

management91399management91399about 3 years ago

Well done, I found it interesting that you had Jeremy doing live albums but not so many studio albums, I kind of expected them to struggle through a recording session while the conductor went over small parts over and over again. Of course the recording of the live shows helped the story move along at a nice pace.

Jeremy seems to have fallen ass over head into good luck as he never has any money problems or pussy problems or really anything, I know he must have worked his ass off to get to the point in his life to have such a career but at the same time I never really read any struggle, in fact the only place there was a few clouds in the sky was meeting Helens folks prior to the wedding where her parents weren't confused a concert cellist could support a family.

I also imagine Tom getting his needs met overseas, we never see what's going on in his neck of the woods and for him to be so accepting of his wife's hobbies and time spent away from him I assume he was out getting his throughout the story. For the most part, I hate when COVID intrudes into these stories, a few have worked here and there but I feel like it dates and detracts from the work. Here I kind of WANT to read a sequel where Jeremy and Helen navigate the pandemic world of the concert musician and would their love and relationship survive a year with no gigs, teaching via zoom, stuck in the house together, would Jeremy's patrons come to the rescue to help them and what price would that help be? But, being the perfect man that he is Jeremy stayed true to Helen and finished his love affair before he married. I just think the kid is a little too perfect, we need our heroes to have flaws as well sometimes. Anyway, I loved the music references and while I assumed there were classical groupies out in the world I never actually encountered them, it would be interesting to see Jeremy or Helen working with a contemporary composer, someone still alive to put that aspect into the story. Great stuff, this has been a great theme and I've really enjoyed reading through all these submissions. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I Have To Admit, . . .

Your story made me feel sad, and dirty. Erica loved only herself. She felt entitled, privileged, and respected nothing other than her sated lust for a younger adorable man. If Tom had been an average man of average means Erica would have dumped him in a heartbeat for Jeremy, if he was stupid enough to take her.

I don't get any love, or romance, or compassion from people who cheat and betray their most intimate and ethical vows. Erica became fascinated with fucking Jeremy, and did it because she had her husband's trust, ignorance, and money, and had no moral or ethical discipline to refrain. Erica is a cheating whore, no matter what conditions or context or any other bullshit excuse you try to devise. I hope her child is Jeremy's, and I hope someday for some reason Tom finds out. It would be sweet to see Erica exposed for the selfish unprincipled slut she is, and to close with Jeremy getting his hands smashed with a ball peen hammer during a fake mugging.

Sure, it happens all the time in the entertainment and celebrity world. They deserve it, and its consequences.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Anon and mattw etc said it. Read first page and then skipped to last and still felt dirty.

NOPE

jtwheels

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Sadly, the LW peeps came and left their garbage comments. They don't seem to be able to escape the jaws of those bitter traps in which they find themselves ensnared.

Well done, my friend. You captured the theme and wrote it to perfection. Thank you. Randi

PS: (It's never all right to use "alright.") :)

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 3 years ago
Really excellent!

It had the ring of realism, the entitled wealthy patrons, Erica’s affair with or without her husband’s tact consent, and the end of it as Jeremy settles into monogamy.

It’s easy to take monogamy as the only way, but in reality it’s but one of the choices in life. Erica, Jamey, Hellen and Tom benefited, and no one was harmed. The very wealthy have different rules than us simpler folk. Again, excellent storytelling

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A brilliant piece of work!

Something about Erica leaves me with a sense that she really is a pathetic character.

I feel, in some way, she actually never really grew up.

She definitely did not deserve the great husband that she had.

Her nearly criminally deceptive means of conceiving a child by another man is truly Despicable. and not forgivable.

Our brilliant pianist should have had better moral character than the hop and the sack with Erica as well. At least in the end he correctly assessed the situation and did the right thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two loathsome garbage hollywood characters being glorified for backstabbing their partners and lying to them in the most despicable ways.

With an overlay of rotted honor after all after spreading her legs for anothers insemination and getting her husband to raise her lovers child as his own. I mean she didn't do anything sordid like have the biological father take responsibility for it.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Brilliant, beautiful.

I'm kind of surprised, (just a little bit)

that Tom didn't reveal that he knew.

There was security cameras, microphones, GPS, in the house and cars,...

Yet no tap on the phones.

He never suspected any hanky panky, not even once.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The absolute worst thing to do to a man is have a child by another. Then maintain the lie and subterfuge endlessly. Here we glorify deception, lying and infidelity. Of course the new moralists see no problem here, she got away with it, all is well. Women cannot be tricked into parentage, so they cannot identify or understand a male viewpoint on this. These kinds of stories just advance the cause, let’s just make certain women can continue to spread legs at will with no repercussions, great is it not? Easy times breeds weak people. As cuckolding, wife sharing etc gains more and more mainstream acceptance, it is certain there will be nor downside for society, correct?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your cheaters prosper and a good husband is cucked! Disgusting! Zero for this pile of shit!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

5 *****. I don't vote based on whether this is how I would have written the story, I vote on the writing, the character development, the story etc. The purpose behind this story seemed to be that the end of the affair didn't have to be violent, unhappy, accusatory, or causing divorce. I personally like the drama caused by having to accept the repercussions of ones actions, which didn't happen here. Still the story was extra-ordinarially conceived written and carried out.

Pickles7287Pickles728710 months ago

Loved the story…the passion, the struggle and the mostly happy ending. Looking forward to reading your other stories.

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

They were and continued to be pure excrement.

No problem cuckolding her husband lying to their partner.

Tom wouldn't be that idiotic mind you it was an unlikely plot device.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

What you consider as love is nothing but cheating and selfish behaviour to the fullest!

I am surprised that you have a confusion in even defining love and the difference between love and lust! Love is never selfish…love ensures taht we are willing to sacrifice for our love! What did the two sacrifice?? Nothing! Instead they went ahead and continued cuckolding their partners in their innate requirement to satisfy their selfish lusts and desires!

If they each loved their spouses then they would never have got together.. its a simple case of ressiting temptaions! Thousands of common men and women do it daily in their lives!

Vice versa…if they felt that they were e truely in love with each other…then they would have been true to themselves and told their spouses and demanded a divorce!

What they did does not even come close to love…it was pure lust and cheating!!

So i seriously ask u to redefine ur understanding of the difference between love and lust!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous