All Comments on 'The Piano Teacher'

by melodypond

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Thomas DrablézienThomas Drablézienabout 8 years ago
Loved it but....

There were some silly mistakes that might lead to a flaming by the Lit Grammar Vigilantes...

However I'm not one of that brigade.

You are a good story teller, but you do need to pay a bit more attention to your spelling and grammar.

Please keep writing, just take more care!

All the best

Tom D

TommybowlerTommybowlerabout 8 years ago
What Thomas said

Good story spoiled by the spelling and grammar mistakes. Take time to re read it, slowly, after writing it. Perhaps a days break could help. Keep writing.

Janice1939Janice1939about 8 years ago
Well written

The spelling complaints make me shudder if those readers are getting of on your stile and grammar instead of reading it in the language of the area you live in. My feeling is that they can't write themselves. I gave you 100 out of 100 points if that is allowed.

Love Janice

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very Well Done!

Very, very enjoyable story. Plot, dialogue, delicate build-up, and actions all done well and a credit to your planning.

As far as the unpublished grammar critics go, I have a personal preference to offer constructive grammar criticism in the private feed back mode. Perhaps they are so used to the crude comments that pass for conversation on Twitter that is has become ingrained to apply that behavior everywhere. It is uncivil conduct.

foolscapfoolscapabout 8 years ago
Spelling and grammar critics?

So far the only ones hinting at spelling and grammar problems are those decrying "unpublished grammar critics."

There are a few errors but nothing to diminish the story. The language is a little stilted, almost as if English is second language and as a result a great deal of care went into making sure the the language was used correctly. Certainly more formal than the subject matter needs but conversational English comes with practice, practice, practice even for those for whom English is first language.

Thank you for the offering. Please keep it up. We all get better as we write more.

Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10about 8 years ago
I read it

I liked it a lot. If you didn't because of the spelling errors and a few grammatical errors, you were missing the POINT.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good Story

All in all a good story, written well enough.

I found the typos distracting, but not so much that I couldn't finish reading it!

Proof reading before publishing would be helpful.

derRaskellderRaskellabout 8 years ago
Jucy!!

Expertly written!

It seduced me with such well chosen words!! Ü

But I must say that it needs reediting! Quite a few syntax errors

and miss spellings.

Otherwise a Great story!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Nice

Lol she was conveniently on the pill. "Hormonal reasons"

Overall sexy story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loved it!

Beautifully written.

HectorBidonHectorBidonabout 8 years ago
Lovely

Your thoughtful, articulate style is a pleasure to read. You have a real talent for conveying the inner lives of interesting characters in all their complexity, uncertainty, and emotional weather. I really liked your description of Priscilla's performance and Chris's listening. It was moving and real. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Beautiful

Amazing. I keep coming back to this romantic and sexy story time and again. Not least because I have a crush on my own piano teacher.

Keep writing. It's wonderful.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous