All Comments on 'The Picture'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 72 Comments
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Excellent

It took me a bit to see wher this was going, guess I'm a little slow this morning!

As I tend to do sometimes, I forgot that this was Romance and not Loving Wives, so she WASN'T going to hook up with someone else!

Five big ones1

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
4*s

A very sweet and pleasant story.

Thanks BigGuy,👏.

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Nice story line. Great short story. Many thanks for your effort.

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Nice story

I guess I'm a closet romantic. I loved your story.

markellymarkellyover 7 years ago
Great...

Loved it, a sweet Romance. Worth all five stars.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
opposites can attract

and hopefully find a way to stay together.

I have a question though.

"I also teach American and US History"

What's the difference?

bruce22bruce22over 7 years ago
Pleasant tale

Three likeable people get together to give us a feel good story.

xtremeddxtremeddover 7 years ago
Westerns and romance are a favorite genre...

You "sorta" combined them to create your story. Well liked too.

Thanks for sharing on Lit.

x

bigdnc13bigdnc13over 7 years ago
Another fine story

Your writing is getting better and better. I'd like to some longer ones though. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
smiled

The whole way through your story

THANK YOU!!!!

dc6370dc6370over 7 years ago
Loved your story

A very enjoyable read. Thanks for sharing!

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Lovely

Short but very sweet... super romance.

5 *

carvohicarvohiover 7 years ago
Just a...

relaxed comfortable read. I enjoyed it a great deal.

Jedd Clampett

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story, celebrating love, and romance, and fidelity.

They didn't "owe" each other anything. But they owed themselves to be true to their hearts, and your story was a sweet portrayal of that rare but powerful perseverance, patience, and hope in the future.

Thank You for your time and talent.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
A TRUE STORY ABOUT AN INDUSTRY

that is rewarding in itself and difficult to break into, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Singer.

A very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Romantic...

Drivel, pure pablum, shovel the shit a little deeper why don't ya?

Yeah, a young, hot, singer is going to be chaste for 4 years of the music life.What crap. I get it, the rose colored glasses, mush brained metro-sexual girly men will think this is sooo sweet.

I love a good romance story. I love the riding off into the sunset together scene. But at least try to be a little realistic, just a little huh?

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

a bit typical and pat, but a worthwhile read. I 'm not sure how old the author is, but I can take a good guess at how old some of the commenters are. I hope the author can see it also. I have met a lot of shallow people in my life, and this site seems to have an abundance. I cant imagine what it would be like to go through life and never having a love like they had. I can read it in some of the commenters.

The story is a bit pat, and dry, as in no real emotional displays or reactions, but at the same time the logic and reality is there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thanks

Nice to read a straight forward story now and then that has a happy ending for everyone. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sweet

Nice read, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very nice 5 star story

In extremely rare cases it could even happen, but 99.999999% of the time the star becomes corrupted and worthless as a person. I lost respect for stars long ago, but decided to enjoy their talent. Now I just refuse to watch them ever again. Stars are just ordinary people that have ZERO right to stand on their apple box and tell me how to live. So fuck them...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
RE: Anonymous 12/12/16 Romantic...

Yup, agree completely. Parties, Alcohol, Powerful Men, 4 years, yup, she was surely completely faithful! (Sarcasm Fully Intended).

ANNDDD THEN THE MARRIAGE, and another year of the same. I'm sure she was just as faithful.>>>See More Sarcasm<<<

BULLSHIT PURE AND SIMPLE!

gara5289gara5289about 7 years ago
Short and sweet

And my favorite of your romance stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fantasy tale...

but enjoyable. Not great, not bad. I enjoyed it.

Denny CraneDenny Craneabout 7 years ago
Re: Anonymous 03/11/17 Romantic

Not sure where you got that she was "faithful" for 4 years. They weren't together at all during that time, so what does being "faithful" have to do with it? All they both said was that nobody clicked for them in all that time and they had no serious relationships. Reading comprehension. Work on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
we all know that becoming a star entails becoming used and lured to promiscuity; and decency is not a word suited for these famous people, especially those that are in the entertainment.

therefore ; what is written in the story is highly improbable, particularly in the U S where indecency is so unimportant as long as money constantly flows and at the same time fame accompanies the former.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 7 years ago
Delightful Story

Your story reminded me of an old one by Juanwildone called "Do you Still Hold me in your Heart..." Of course, the outcome is much different he is an author still worth reading.

fisheronefisheronealmost 7 years ago
True love waited

It is nice to see when true love waits and they didn't settle for unhappiness

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 6 years ago
Odd, him...

For a guy who hates to travel why would he work so hard to get his girls good at what they do...?

Sure, it wouldn't entail the DEGREE of travel that being on tour would entail, but most winning teams end up needing to travel and getting into championships typically entrails staying in hotels...

But nice to have a happy ending which didn't require a new couple to replace the broken one...

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
4 years

4 years is enough to get over somebody and move on. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Nice story

I'd love to know a super star who would give up their fame and career for love.a fairy tail ending, if it could only be!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very sweet...

I know, it's a story.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Great story...

...thoroughly enjoyed this one. 5 stars. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good short story

It could have gone longer but it punches above its weight, considering that your favorite topic seems to be Loving Wives.

For a longer story I recommend Andyhm’s “Alison Found”, in which the famous woman is more like Emma Stone than Taylor Swift, there are no go-betweens, the separation is much longer (albeit happening while they are still minors and more the fault of her parents than their own decisions) and there are more trials and tribulations.

The anonymous who mentioned Juanwildone’s story seems to like that one where there is no chance to get back together.

Heck, I am a romantic but I don’t mind a man pulling a SHUN GOKU SATSU on men who want the woman he loves. It’s what they deserve.

Keep burning the bitches and rewarding the just.

-Surge79uwf

jimjam69jimjam69about 4 years ago
Very good

Another 5 star work.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I am surprised she never shagged some of her fellow artistes

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 3 years ago

Well written & well told. This reminds me of an abridged version of Jay Cantrell's Runaway Train - which I regard as one of the very best.

Thank you for this very enjoyable read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not my cup of tea. Seems like the hubby is head over heels for a selfish women and let her walk all over him until finally making a stand when it was too late. Then he lets another group of women walk all over him again and get involved in his personal business.

Honestly feels forced and the hubby lacks backbone and a set of working balls.

TonyspencerTonyspenceralmost 3 years ago

Great little romance story and I believe the scenario, while romantic, is possible the way you’ve drawn the characters and the long period of acquaintance without other involvements in their original courtship. 5* for me

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sweet little story. Not much drama, but very likeable. ****

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

Sweet story. I couldn't help but think of an old Johnny Cash song, Ballad of a Teenage Queen.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fun fantasy. The conversation with the girls' team at the gym would not pass "OK for work" examination despite the apologies for questionable words, and the possibly entertaining immediate aftermath giving play to the team's reaction to the couple's cosy relationship during the trip would have been amusing but was omitted. "Like many author's on this sight ..." a decent editor would have caught incorrect plural ("author's") and wrong homonym ("sight" vs. "site").

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 2 years ago

Really sweet. Cute. Keep on writing others, please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, wish it was longer and had some drama but really can't complain with how sweet it was. 5*

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - It was a cute story.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

You are a much better writer when you don't have an agenda.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not realistic

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

What a sweet little romance, it left me smiling.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Excellent story well told as usual, my only comment is that this story could have been extended some. That is my opinion not necessarily that off the author

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Jewel of a story! Short but sweet. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done!!! Excelente..

DOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good tale, thank you BG. 5 STARS

somewhere east of Omaha

LanmandragonLanmandragonover 1 year ago

A word about those dedicated basketball girls would be nice.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short but complete! Interesting situation and characters. Thanks!

reggmoreggmoabout 1 year ago

So, Jesse crossed her legs for 5 years in Hollywood entertainment circles. Who aer you kidding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Suburb ! 5 stars ✨

Bill S.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

A really good story, nicely set up, great characters little sex but a good story from start to finish

FireFox59FireFox59about 1 year ago

What a refreshing story this was. Hope you'll do some more similar to this one.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So, finally a 'happy ever after' tale and a man that stood by his principals. A 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A singer who is around big names, lots of males, and fans yet doesnt fuck in 4yrs.....HIGHLY UNBELIEVABLE!!

Even more, they had no contact in 4yrs....TOTAL BS

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is one of your best story. Definitely a 5 star rating. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved it. It had the feeling of a true love story & a complete ending. 5 stars for this one.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another great story, you're a talented writer.

Darkie10Darkie108 months ago

No cheating and a happy ending in LW? I like it.

someoneothersomeoneother7 months ago

Typical pulp fiction. Artists do not give up on their vocations. Not even for marriage and children. They make take a break, but not forever, and certainly not after only a few years. So, no, story does not pass plausibility.

Also, no way would wedding be arranged as described. What about families, for example.

So cheap mediocre story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Damned hayfever. Again.

J6480J64807 months ago

Good story mate

SouthdownSouthdown6 months ago

Great story BG I love the way it moved and uncovered stuff as it went along...teenage girls can always add fun to a plot and you did it perfectly Thank You 5***** Old retired guy here leaking from the eyes... not a bad thing,Good Job!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I really liked most of this story. So much so I took some bits out of it I did not like but added this extended ending. Hopefully the spellings are OK! I hope the BigGuy33 does not mind.

Jake also collaborated with the school. She volunteered to help in the music department. She coaches piano, guitar and voice to those with talents in those areas. Jake also helped with digital recording. On occasion Jake sang at the school when they needed some funds for when the school needed items or for money to send the kids off on events. The singing events were infrequent but when she did one they were always sold out and brought in the 'big bucks' for the school. Although the general public could purchase the tickets, she always made sure the school had their quota first. Some people travelled from across America and even Canada to get there.

From helping the music department Jake realised she could still do her music but in her own time and way. She discussed it with me and I was all for it. Every so often around town she would sing in a bar and kept her hand in performing in public. (These sessions were never published as the bar would be inundated, she just turned up as it were with only the bar knowing she was coming in. That said, when she asked them if they had a slot they never turned her down as the people never left the bar until she finished singing.) She still wrote songs and tested them out in front of the bar crowd. Those that went down well she recorded using the schools equipment with the staff and pupils assisting and published them on line. Jakes fans lapped them up and they made a large dent in the charts and even made the radio play lists. She made one last song for us, 'Forever With You' It was about our family. All three children are doing well. Jake restricted herself when they were younger but she still did days at the school when she could. In fact the other parents had rotors to look after the children so Jake could help at the school. Both of us were always receiving letters from the children we helped after they left school and when they came back home they came and visited us. I am gad Jake still did her recording for I was fearful she would miss it. As she said "its all about when I want to do it, the family comes first, helping the (school) children comes second but writing music and playing has its place as well, but I am in control of it." You should see the music studio the school has now, it top notch and they rent it out to other musicians in the area especially in holidays with the teachers, Jake and the children helping as the engineers. Jake of course has free use of the studio and there are plenty of helpers to assist her. The school choir did a song with Jake that she had written and that went down a storm with all proceeds going to the school. Jake and the school choir also did a song for a local hospital to raise funds as they have a programme to help those that do not have medical insurance, again all proceeds going to the hospital found, its still selling and is on the frequently on the radio. As our children have grown up and at least one of them has shown they have a musical talent and Jake is couching them to see what area they like to go to. One of the other children loves recording music and has a talent for arranging music. They have helped Jake on more than one occasion to add a few more tracks to harmonise with her raw songs. In fact their name is included in the songs listing as being an arranger. The other child is not musically inclined but they seem to be more academic and they may well follow me into being a teacher. As we move on through our years we are both content with our life and family. Those at the school call her Jake and that is a special title for her as its only special persons that call her that.

Anita71Anita714 months ago

You write well, the way you weave the characters into the story is fantastic

IndyOnIndyOn4 months ago

In the early 70s I met a girl who was the lead singer in a west coast touring band. She was married to the guitar player and leader of the band. They got divorced and the band broke up. We met the day her divorce was final and we stayed together for two years. She worked an office job and continued to take singing lessons weekly. After two years I was ready to propose when she was offered a backup singing job with a local big name talent. She now worked six days per week from 5 until 2AM then partied with her group until the wee hours. Her group went on tour to Vegas and then LA and when in LA they got a recording contract so she stayed in LA for two years and we were over. I know that feeling from your story, happy for her but personally sad. The studio started using their own musicians and backup singers so she came home. We tried again but she was looking or her next singing job so I just couldn't start again. That was 50 years ago and I still love her. Great story that brought back many memories both happy and sad. *5* PS....She never got another singing job.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I get the part of no serious romance by either for 4 years but it does not men they each didn't have sex. No way do they remain celibate. I can see the reunion of sorts but no way do I see her at that stage just quitting. She is famous and under contracts and would miss the lime light.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
3105 Followers
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...

SIMILAR Stories