All Comments on 'The Pilgrimage Ch. 01'

by bob54z

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604about 9 years ago
A great chapter...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this chapter and look forward to reading many more. A great foundation to what lies ahead and easily worth 5 stars. Thank you for sharing it with us.

dinkymacdinkymacabout 9 years ago
Nice!

Thanks for sharing.

fanfarefanfareabout 9 years ago
St. Jeanne d'Arc

The Maid of Orleansis was the 'exemple parfait' of a Campbellian Heroic figure cross-referenced against the mythologies of our ancestors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Patience

Great story. Gave it 5 stars for originality. Awesome potential for multiple chapters. Few grammatical errors. Only complaint is it seems kind of rushed. Needs more " meat" in the dialog. Thats just my opinion. Thank you for your offering:) Peace

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteabout 9 years ago
What a wonderous tale

Enjoyed this so far very much, I also have kissed the Blarney Stone. Thank you for bringing back a great memory of my time spent in Ireland.... Your story is so well written. I say a job well done.. So look forward to the next installment...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Hooray for a good Irish story

I've recently made my own "pilgrimage" to Ireland and met some distant relatives. This story really strikes a chord with me, and in addition is shaping up to be a wonderful piece. looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

WAY too rushed. It felt like I was reading the rambling mind of a teen. There is potential.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Brill

As an Irish person I really loved the story and thanks for

letting the world know about our patron Godess.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
Intriguing

Almost comes across as a "Just So" type of tale. Enjoying the story.

Did you do a name change of the protagonist? Banba introduced herself to Crowley as Banba O'Connor, yet Crowley knew she was a McCarthy pilgrim. Or is that supposed to be Crowley's "seeing through" the lie, due to her own connections?

A pilgrimage is not the same as a quest, but Banba has been bestowing gifts, righting wrongs, and has herself received honors and gifts simply because of her lineage while she tours Desmond - though I grant that kissing the Blarney Stone isn't for the fainthearted. Can we expect to see a challenge ahead for the young woman Banba herself?

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 9 years ago
I stand corrected

The first line of the story says her name is Banba O'Connor, and missed the association that MacCarthy was the maternal line. Four pages on Lit is about 40 pages of text, and I lost track in the interim. Color me chagrined and thanks for the correction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sweet

I love the story. It has the makings of a great read. Looking forward to more on your other story. Please keep at it.

taco1085taco1085over 5 years ago
wow

I love this story as much as The Creator.... I like where this is heading and love the plot..... thanks for some great reading... just right on the content

LynchjimLynchjimover 5 years ago
Fantastic

What a great start to this story. I can’t wait to get stuck into the rest thank you bob54z.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbob54z@bob54z
Chapter 15a of Creation's Guardian has been posted here:Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/user?u=21596836 Apologies to my readers. I've been away far too long. CG15 is in the works and I hope to have it published soon. also I now have a Patreon page https://www.patreon.com...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES