The Plant Pt. 06 - Ambassador

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Setting all that aside for the moment, Tsod," Marco said. "Why are you coming to us now, after all these years?"

"We had hoped that at some point, your species would unite. However, the Council determined that would probably never happen, even under the most severe set of circumstances. So many inconsequential things divide your people, from arbitrary lines on pieces of paper to religious dogma. You seem to find any excuse to fight senseless wars, causing even more division. We had hoped that your species would learn to come together to fight a common enemy like covid, but even that seems unlikely.

"So, we decided to take a chance. That is why we approached your United Nations. Our hope is that your organization will help us gain recognition among the nations of your planet," Tsod said.

"Wait. You said recognition," Marco said. "Recognition of what, exactly?"

"In two weeks, Queen Tere will formally announce the creation of the Gingravik Prefecture of Earth," Tsod said. Marco sat up in his chair and looked at the others to gauge their reaction. From what he could see, they were as surprised as he was.

"And this prefecture will include what, exactly?" he asked.

"New South Marsookia, along with five other islands around the planet," Tsod said. "And we would... appreciate all the diplomatic efforts you can bring to bear on the other nations of Earth."

"That's a pretty tall order," Marco said. "And what do we get in return?"

"What would you say is the single most pressing issue facing your species today?" Tsod asked.

"Well, I'd have to say the pandemic, followed perhaps by climate change," Marco said.

"Of course," Tsod said. He motioned to an orderly who stood outside the circle. The orderly came to him and handed over a small packet.

"And how far have you progressed in your efforts against the pandemic?" Tsod asked.

"Well, we have developed vaccines and boosters," Marco said. "We've also instituted protocols for masking and social distancing."

"How well has that worked for you so far?" Tsod asked.

"I suppose it depends on who you ask," Marco said. "Personally, I think we're following the science and making progress. Others would say things are worse now than they were two years ago."

"What if I told you we could end the pandemic right now with a single pill? Completely. Would that interest you?"

"Of course it would," Marco said. "Do you have such a pill?" Tsod handed the packet to Marco, who took it and regarded it carefully. He looked up at Tsod.

"You say this can end the pandemic?" he asked. Tsod nodded his head.

"Yes," Tsod said.

"What about new variants?" Marco asked.

"Gone. Completely," Tsod said.

"How is that possible?" Marco asked. Tsod smiled before responding.

"How is it possible that representatives of two completely different species can sit and discuss such things like reasonable, rational men?" Tsod asked.

"I... see your point," Marco said. "You realize I will need to have our scientists analyze this?"

"Of course," Tsod said. "I would expect nothing less."

"There will be questions," Marco said. "People will want to know where this came from. What do you suggest I tell them?"

"For the moment, simply say that you are not at liberty to disclose that information," Tsod said. "Let your scientists perform their due diligence. Just don't take too long."

"Why do you say that?"

"Everyone knows the virus is mutating, Marco. Who knows what future variants may look like or what they may do. The sooner you can get this to your people, the sooner they can recover and get back to a normal life. I promise you we will do all we can to provide the necessary doses," Tsod said. "Just give the word."

"I don't know what to say," Marco told him, shocked.

"I believe the phrase is, 'thank you.'"

"Thank you," Marco said.

"You are most welcome, Marco," Tsod said.

"I think we need to adjourn and discuss this among ourselves," Marco said.

"As you wish," Tsod said. "Take all the time you need. The evening meal will be ready at 5:00 pm, so I look forward to seeing you then." They all stood and Marco began to leave, but Franklin held up a hand.

"Yes?" Tsod asked when Franklin approached him.

"I have one question, Ambassador, if I may," Franklin began.

"Of course," Tsod said.

"You seem to know an awful lot about us."

"Well, we have been studying your species for five of your centuries. It's to be expected," Tsod said.

"I was just wondering if you've ever read any of our literature," Franklin said. Tsod nodded his head.

"As a matter of fact, I have. I've consumed many of your classics, from 'War and Peace' to 'Moby Dick' and '1984.' I've even read many of your online contemporary erotic writers, and I must say I find them to be quite... stimulating. Titillating, even. In fact, two books -- The Collected Works of Saddletramp1956, Vol.1 and the Kalimaxos Anthology are required reading for our seedlings."

"I'm afraid I'm not familiar with those books," Franklin said.

"Then I suggest you expand your horizons a bit," Tsod said. "You know what they say -- you haven't truly experienced Shakespeare unless you've read it in the original Gingravik." He smiled at Franklin and walked away. Franklin, however, wasn't amused.

...

"You can't seriously believe what he's telling you," Franklin said after they gathered in Marco's room. "One pill to eliminate covid? That's insane. No one will ever believe that. And all that talk about... sex. I mean, that so-called 'queen' we met was totally naked. Naked, Marco. And she's posed for pornographic pictures and performed in sex videos. With a plant! A plant who wants to be called 'lord' or 'master.' What kind of a 'queen' does that?"

"I don't know, Franklin. Maybe a Gingravik one?" Marco asked half-jokingly.

"Who was born and raised in the Midwest?" Philip asked. "Franklin's got a good point there, Marco."

"Perhaps, but this isn't Victorian England," Marco said. "These people have different ways, and it's not our job to judge. You know that."

"Yes, you're right, Marco. But how do we know if that 'plant' was even real?" Franklin asked. "You know they can do a lot with movie props and computers these days."

"And there was only one of them in that room," Alena added.

"That's right, there was," Johann said. Marco looked at Greta before responding.

"What do you think, Greta? You were personally invited to stay. What was your impression?" he asked. She looked at everyone in the room and thought carefully before speaking.

"You know me, Marco," she said. "You've always said I had a sixth sense about things like this. Personally, I believe them. I honestly saw no deception in any of them. Having said that, though, I also believe everyone else makes some very good points. We need to proceed carefully."

"Agreed," Marco said. "When we get back, I'll have these pills analyzed, see if they really are what Tsod says they are. Greta, I want you to be my eyes and ears down here." She nodded her head in acknowledgment.

"Do you really think we should leave her here?" Franklin asked.

"Greta's a big girl," Marco said. "She can handle herself. And I trust her." Greta smiled at that. "Alright, take some time, get your notes together. We'll meet after dinner. Any questions?" No one had any, so he dismissed them for the rest of the day and collected his thoughts.

...

Marco and his team sat back in their chairs after they finished their meals. Marco was surprised to see Andromeda and another woman, Tamsin, at the dinner table. Tamsin, they were told, was Tsod's mate. Marco was also surprised to see Andromeda wearing a short red dress.

"That dress looks good on you, Andromeda," Marco said.

"Thank you, Mr. Secretary-General," she said with a smile. "My mate suggested it would be appropriate under the circumstances."

"Your mate is a wise man," Marco said, returning her smile.

"Indeed he is," she said.

All of them were feeling quite full, and Tsod's idea of an after-dinner cocktail and cigar appealed to them. Even Greta and Alena were open to the idea. Tsod led them outside to the fire pit and Tsod passed out some small cigars not much larger than regular cigarettes wrapped with yellow bands.

"What type of cigars are these, Ambassador?" Philip asked.

"We call them G-level 3," Tsod said. "We make them right here on New South Marsookia. And they do not contain any of the harmful products your commercial cigars include. These, by the way, are the lightest of the G-level cigars we produce. Perhaps once we have established full diplomatic relations, Marco, we could find a global market for these."

"Perhaps, Tsod, but we are a long ways from that," Marco said as he took a drag off the cigar. After inhaling the fruity smoke, he felt something in his head... click. It was almost as if blinders had been removed from his mind. He looked at his teammates and realized they, too, had experienced something similar.

"Excuse me, Tamsin, but may I ask you a question about something?" Greta asked.

"Of course, Greta," Tamsin said. "Anything."

"I couldn't help but notice your mark," Greta said. "And I see one on Andromeda as well. I also saw one on the Queen earlier today when we met her. Is there some significance to those marks?"

"Why, yes, there is," Tamsin said. "These marks indicate that we are mated, much the way you humans wear wedding rings. My mate, Tsod, also has a mark as does N'Dal, Andromeda's mate."

"I see," Greta said. "But I get the feeling there's more to it than that."

"And you would be correct," Tamsin said. "You see, these marks include a sample of our mate's DNA. By wearing this mark, a part of my mate is with me at all times. The same applies to him. And no other DNA is accepted."

"You mean," Franklin began before being interrupted.

"The Gingravik idea of mating, or marriage, is somewhat different from yours," Andromeda said. "You see, in our society, the male is much more than simply a pollination device, or what you might call a sperm donor."

"I don't understand," Philip said.

"When human couples mate, they usually do so to procreate," N'Dal said. "In our society, the males are responsible for much more than that. It is our job to provide our mates with whatever sustenance they need, along with the material to reproduce."

"Native Gingravik, like Lord Bernard, who you met earlier, have the ability to sense the physiological state of their mates," Tsod interjected. "They can then adjust their proteins and nutrients to ensure their mates remain healthy for as long as possible. Queen Tere, for example, rarely consumes what you would call food because she simply has no need for it. Her mate provides all she requires."

"That is why native male Gingravik have 12, er, penises," Tsuul said. "That way, the male is certain to provide whatever his mate needs."

"And the mark?" Alena asked.

"Our species is fiercely monogamous," Andromeda said. "The mark helps to ensure that. Once we mate, we do so for life. Only the one whose DNA sample the mark contains can make sexual contact."

"Earlier, you told me that if one mate dies the other does as well," Marco said. "Is the mark the reason for that?"

"Yes, partially," she said. "You see, my mate's ejaculate provides the majority of my sustenance. I literally cannot survive for long without him."

"But you're in human form," Marco said. "Surely you can eat the same as others."

"I have a human form, and I can consume what you consider regular food, but physiologically, I am more Gingravik than human," she said. "Therefore, my nutritional requirements are quite different."

"What about Queen Tere? She is fully human, is she not? Does this work the same for her as for you?" Philip asked.

"Insofar as we know, yes," Tsod said. "The mark prevents her from feeling any attraction to any male other than Lord Bernard and his mark also prevents him from being attracted to any other female. Theoretically, if anything happened to him, she would continue for a time, but would eventually succumb due to his absence."

"Can't the mark be removed?" Franklin asked.

"No," Tamsin said. "It is permanent."

"Well, that must cut your rate of infidelity and divorce down considerably," Philip said. "I get the feeling there's probably not very many rich divorce lawyers in your society." Everyone laughed at that.

"The truth is, divorce is unknown to us," N'Dal said. "And there are no divorce lawyers in our society."

"That's even better," Philip quipped to laughter.

"What about same-sex relationships?" Alena asked. "How do those work?"

"The concept is completely foreign to our species," Tsod said. "And unworkable, given our biology. However, we recognize other species have such arrangements."

"And that doesn't bother you?" Alena asked.

"Why should it?" Tamsin asked. "If such an arrangement makes them happy, who are we to judge?" Alena nodded her head.

"Well, this has certainly been a stimulating discussion, Marco," Tsod said. "I hope we can have many more such discussions in the future."

"As do I, Tsod," Marco said.

"Your flight is set to leave tomorrow afternoon, Marco," Tsod said. "I've arranged for you and your delegation to tour one of our greenhouse facilities here on the island after breakfast, if you're interested."

"Absolutely, Tsod," Marco said. "I look forward to that."

"Excellent," Tsod said. "We'll see you all in the morning, then." The group broke up and Marco's team headed back to their rooms for the night.

"Remember, if you feel the need, you may dial 311 on your room phones and one of our designated attendants will take care of you," the orderly who escorted them back upstairs told them.

"Uh, okay," Marco said, somewhat confused. "Thank you." He entered his room and got ready for bed. His last thought before falling asleep was of his wife and how much he missed her soft skin against his.

...

"Well, how did it go, Ambassador?" Theresa asked Tsod as she slowly stroked one of Bernie's large green penises.

"Much better than I originally thought, Theresa," he said.

"Do you think they'll help us?" she asked.

"I cannot say for certain, however, I believe I can say we have made an impression. I sense a certain skepticism among some of them, so I arranged a tour of Greenhouse Facility Number Five after breakfast tomorrow. Dr. Johnson and one of his researchers will meet us there," he said.

"Good thinking, Tsod," she said. "What about the pills? Do you honestly think they'll analyze and use them?"

"I don't know," he said. "I think the Secretary-General is sincere in his desire to implement them, but I'm not sure how their medical authorities will react."

"Well, we can cross that bridge when we get to it," she said. "Let me know how it goes tomorrow."

"Of course," he said before leaving.

...

Marco took in the clean, lush green countryside of New South Marsookia as the electric-powered vehicle carried him and his team, along with Ambassador Tsod, to what was called Greenhouse Facility Number Five, in the interior of the island. They drove through small communities that looked like so many others he had seen and passed a number of farms that produced food for the local inhabitants. All-in-all, he was very impressed with the infrastructure of the place.

The bus turned into a driveway and stopped as the security guard checked the driver's manifest and opened the gate. They continued and stopped in front of a large building equipped with ventilation fans and a clear Plexiglas roof. A man and woman wearing white laboratory smocks met them as they got off the bus. Tsod introduced Marco and his delegates to Drs. Alan Johnson and April Jennings.

"Shall we get started?" Alan asked.

"Please," Tsod said. Alan turned to April.

"I'll turn you over to the very capable hands of my colleague, then," Alan said. "Please feel free to ask any questions." They walked to the large building taking note of the sign that read: "No Clothing Allowed Beyond Yellow Lines. Authorized Personnel Only." Marco and the others hoped they would not be required to strip for this tour.

April opened the door and led them all inside. As soon as they were in the building, she turned and removed her smock and hung it on a hook fastened to the wall, completely unconcerned about her total nudity. The first thing Marco noticed was the green mark on her chest.

"Excuse me, miss, but are we required to undress as well?" Franklin asked.

"No, as long as you stay between the yellow lines," she said. "And please, do not reach out or touch the seedlings."

"What's the reason for undressing?" Greta asked.

"This," April said, taking a folded cotton washcloth from the top of a pile. She walked to a nearby plant, took a small flat stick and scraped something off one of the plant's leaves. Then she walked back and wiped the stick on the washcloth. The cotton material instantly disintegrated, causing Greta to gasp.

"Imagine what that would do to your clothing," April said with a smile.

"Oh my," Philip said. "Does that damage your skin?"

"Not at all," she said. "In fact, it's quite good for the skin, and has some other rather interesting properties." They looked at the rows of male plants and took in the nude women tending to them.

"These are all male plants?" Marco asked. April nodded her head.

"We prefer to call them 'seedlings,' and yes, they are all male," she said. "In terms of maturity, they are roughly equivalent to 18- to 19-year-old human males."

"And these women? What are they doing?" Johann asked.

"These are designated caretakers," April said. "It is their job to feed, water and monitor the seedlings. In addition, they tend to the seedlings, collecting the dew that accumulates overnight. They also help the seedlings mature into productive adult males."

"Like that woman over there?" Franklin asked, pointing to a young woman with one of a seedling's 12 penises in her mouth. As they watched, she lovingly sucked the six-inch penis to completion, swallowing its ejaculate. As she sucked, another penis snaked its way between her thighs, entered her vagina and began pumping into her as she moaned in ecstasy.

"My God," Alena said. "It's actually having sex with her."

"Yes, he is," April said nonchalantly. Marco's delegates looked at each other, stunned at what they were witnessing. April's use of "he" didn't go unnoticed, either. "Come. Follow me. And remember, do not touch the seedlings."

They followed her down the aisles, carefully staying between the bright-yellow lines painted on the floor. They watched as the caretakers tended to the seedlings, doing much more than just feeding or watering them.

As Greta passed one seedling, it shook its leaves, attracting the group's attention. They all stopped and looked at the plant, its leaves shaking, its penises becoming erect as they followed Greta's movements.

"What's the meaning of this?" Greta asked, a bit concerned.

"I believe he's attracted to you," April said. "Gingravik are very good judges of character, you know." She stepped forward and looked at the label on the pot for a few moments. "This one is set to advance in a couple days." She looked at Greta. "Would you be willing to try something?"

"I... don't know," Greta said. "What do you have in mind?"

"First off, do you already have a mate or a significant other?" April asked.

"No," Greta said. "I was engaged for a while, but that didn't work out."

"With your permission, I would like to see if this seedling is really attracted to you," April said. Greta looked at Marco and Tsod. Marco shrugged his shoulders.

"It's your call, Greta," he said. "You are going to be assigned here, after all." Greta understood the context of Marco's statement. If she was going to learn about these people, she would have to embrace their culture. Even if it meant... She looked back at April.

1...345678