All Comments on 'The Polack'

by ragnarok1

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments (Page 2)
GumpershnickalGumpershnickalalmost 2 years ago

I've grew up in a small town and the big city and I genuinely never heard a single Polish joke...It makes it very hard to relate to this story because it seems so absurd that apparently the whole town hates polish people except his employees

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

what bothered me the most

where i live there are still many who can trace their roots back to poland and not one would be such a whiny worm who has to point out in every second sentence that he is of polish ancestry...

otherwise the usual LW tone so neither particularly good nor particularly bad.

but the child is described in a veeeeerry one-dimensional way

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ragnarok1, I love your stories. They are all different, believable (for the most part), and fun. even though your protagonist is usually cheated on, they do a minimal amount of self-loathing, maintain their dignity, and drop the hammer on their cheating wives, either fast or slowly.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

when I was a kid (early 1980's)...someone gave me the "Truly Tasteless Jokebook" Polacks had a whole chapter. many ethnic groups were included as well. My dad eventually pulled the plug on those jokes. He worked really hard to allow our sense of humor, but to teach us to Love and respect people of all races and nationalities. I really believe that we all are created in God's image, one trait we share with all mankind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If there was any option, I'd have given you 10 stars in a heartbeat.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainalmost 2 years ago

Loved it! Hamtramck, Mi. used to be the POLACK capital of the Midwest.

Their best joke was....Why is the suicide rate so low in Hamtramck??

Hard to kill yourself jumping out of a basement window! LOL

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

My first girlfriend was Polish. Her father was 100% Polack, a big good- natured man with a perpetual smile. He loved to tell Polish jokes; he really got a kick out of them. I almost married his beautiful blonde- haired daughter with the gorgeous smile, but I screwed up. So, he never got to be my father-in-law (my great loss). He is gone now, but I will never forget him. He truly was a beautiful man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If I hadn't been transferred to Syracuse from Chicago I would have married one. She wouldn't go with me. Well done. Great revenge. Keep writing, but watch your editing.

XYZ

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Justice may be a long time coming, but it has been served.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Little harsh in the treatment of the daughter perhaps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good BTB!! The 13yr old is an arrogant disrespectful little bitch!! At that age they know about sex and making babies so she deserved what she got!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, was a little sad that their was no love left for the child, even though she wasn’t his..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story has to many holes and incomplete info on many things so good luck next time I gave it a 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the joke in the third paragraph from the bottom of the page nice one 😂.

phill1cphill1cover 1 year ago

I'm sorry, but I couldn't imagine wanting to be in either of those assholes' presence. Four months, four years wouldn't change my feelings that they are scum.

She's a total narcissist: She can't choose between dick #1 and dick #2. In what story or history does she possibly think it is ok to do that. To dress it up like is "romantic" is really lame.

He's a slimy two-faced coward: He has to fuck his "best friend's" wife. With all the pussy in this world and he has to fuck his 'employer's' wife. And act like he's so studly. Studs get NEW PUSSY. They don't hold onto someone else's pussy for dear life.

But seriously, as a man, wouldn't you just slap the shit out of her ONCE--no marks, just to get her attention--find out exactly what's going on under threat of "I'll knock you the fuck out!! Think I won't!!" and just take it from there. She gonna tell you. You not going to jail, yet. I'm just sayin. This whole 'i won't use violence..." bullshit seems only in this fantasy realm.

I mean, if a person thinks they can lie to you without consequence, they probably will. But, if they know you'll hurt them physically, they re-think how much keeping a secret is worth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Mommy got the daughter she created by her contempt even if she didn't know her husband wasn't the father. Just because you raise a child the lack of emotional attachment will always be a barrier to affection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Far better than I expected.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

A good plot line but it was just lacking something, I thought the characters were nearly believable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I've never understood the Polish Joke BS.

They are a great people.

Two historical notes:

WW2, Polish Air Force officers, flying for the RAF, Squadron 303, had the highest number of kills than ANY OTHER Squadron in the RAF. After seeing how the Poles did it, the RAF changed their battle operations to follow suit.

2. The Poles stole the Grrman Enigma machine. The Germans used this device to send top secret orders to their U-Boats in the Atlantic.

3. HOLOGRAM, the Walkie-talkie, foundational in the development of the H-Bomb.

4. The girls are beautiful.

So, enough with the Polish jokes.

PS: I'm not Polish

KaeyoKaeyo12 months ago

As a person of Polish descent I must say I am 100% loving this story.

To the Anon who pointed out those wonderful Polish facts, here’s a couple mire for you.

5. Looking at the dates of the start on the German invasion to when the Polish government went into exile, and date of the German invasion of France (10 May) to when the French government surrendered, Poland held out longer, with less, without support, and with the Germans invading from the west while the Soviets invaded from the east, than France did with British support and facing only Germany.

6. It was the Polish Winged Hussars who, in September 1683, launched the largest cavalry charge in history, breaking the Ottoman siege of Vienna and sending the Ottoman army into full retreat, effectively saving all of Europe from falling under Ottoman dominion.

zwycięstwo dla Polski!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I’m Polish. The jokes pretty much stopped after the 5th grade. Absolutely has never been an issue in my adult life. This guy must hang around with an incredibly immature group of people.

All that wandering around traveling made no sense. Too much game playing. Confront the two backstabbers and be done with it. Also, his relationship with his daughter was completely unaddressed - so immature on his part - her genetic heritage is not her fault. But he just leaves her without a word? Not bloody likely.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Unless she doesn't have attorney or he is stupid as hell would not take him/her no time to have business traced to him. When I was practicing CPA didn't have forensic accountant. I could have done it on my worst day.

I know stories are not real But I don't expect stupidity.

And then you would go to jail for fraudulent reporting of assets. If going to try to stick her (and I have no problem with that)at least be not stupid

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman10 months ago

good joke by Gus at the end.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Jenna and George got away with too much for too long. It left me feeling like they won at the end. I didn't like that, though I loved the story.

Jenna is one of the most horrid women on this site, and George is one of the most horrid men

5 stars.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Why

Why does he have to sell the house?The story about selling the firm doesn't sell,he would have to show all details such as sale price,where the money he got for it is.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not finished. No follow up on consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story 5 stars keep up the good work I will read 3 more tonight (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good story, but you should know the mazda miata is a chick's car. It's for girly girls. It's certainly not a sports car. It couldn't catch a fat boy on a bicycle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Good story and well written.Good ending, though I surely would not have even had any dialog with her after leaving her. I also have to back up the previous anonymous statement..Any car guy would not be caught driving a Miata. Its a chicks car,it's what a dad would buy a daughter.. It is not a sports car,it's a convertible with a lawnmower motor for good gas mileage /transportation that allows chicks to present themselves to male on lookers...4stars..Jzk..

AllNigherAllNigherabout 2 months ago

Good read

Yeah, the legal stuff probably wasn't right but I've seen do much crazier here. Well written and engaging.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 1 month ago

It may not have been explicitly verbalized between them, but I'm sure George, Jenna, and Carrie knew that Kurt wasn't Carrie's father. Possibly mentioned between them with the proviso "don't tell Kurt".

.

This situation would motivate the rocky marriage, growing worse as Carrie grew up and acted out the knowledge of her heritage. "He's not really my father and I'm not Polish even though I appear so to the world."

.

Isolating the company from the marriage wouldn't be difficult to do -- it could have been reorganized as employee owned, or sold to a consortium of Anna and trusted long-timers. Kurt retired, then rehired as part time emeritus. Capital could have absorbed any profit Kurt coud have made. His three months of travel before divorce filing would have of distanced the transaction.

.

The point for the story is _he escaped_, and left the three stuck in poor circumstances as revenge. Kurt is not one for scorched earth, but just believes that people should reap what they sow. That's a basic reason for his success in business and community.

.

The only thing that 'bothered' me is failure to account for Gus. He could be the host/owner greeting them, prompting Kurt to recall his earlier joke when commiserating.

.

And, it was an excellent joke!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous