All Comments on 'The Pop Star and the Dreamer'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Thank you for this. I totally understand the feeling about New Zealand. Been there six times and it does feel like home. Still, if Kiara is a big burger fan as you say, why no mention of Fergburger?

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 1 year ago

This was, how do you say it? "Choice as'. Very well done, I love your stories, and the fact that each one seems to let me in on another little slice of NZ, but never the same slice! And as much as you disclaimed at the beginning, I only noticed two little typos in these 10 pages, and with a story this good that's barely even noticeable. So thank you again for this. Seeing some of us Yanks falling in love with each other AND the place and people you love so much made for a special tale.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Dope story, Cagivagurl. The most talked about writer on Literotica demonstrates why: tension, drama, romance and characters that live and breathe. A five star story, for sure.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply Outstanding Romantic tale. Again...this one goes to my favorites list immediately so that I can savor it.

One thing though... You have enough material here for a really good part 2 add on... Live in New Zealand... her continued struggles with her core entitled princess personality that stems from her star status...and how they will cope with the future... Lots of good unresolved stuff that can make a really good second third or even fourth chapter using an extended meta narrative.

Anyway...a well deserved 5 stars...outstanding even epic job here!!!

Explorer72211Explorer72211over 1 year ago

I just discovered this story and author. It is, by far, the best story I have read on here. Nice story; nice plot; meets the Greek definition of a play (no, not modern Greece, the Greeks way, way back when). Loved it; forgive any errors, just a wonderful story written by a storyteller.

jupitercreekjupitercreekover 1 year ago

Another wonderful story...I love logging on and seeing that you've posted a new story and, once again, you've delivered.

Five Stars seems too few.

dbrok1dbrok1over 1 year ago

Another absolute cracker! I obviously do not object to sex in stories but your stories stand alone on the characters and storyline.

Thank you for all your efforts

Cali_LoveCali_Loveover 1 year ago

Great story, from beginning to end. Thank you for sharing your creativity. 5*

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Great story. Bot meets girl....happy ending, too. D

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are talented. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Couldn't stop reading.

JusteenKJusteenKover 1 year ago

Shades of Liz Larimer in an excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of the best stories I have ever read. There were points where I was very angry and some where I was sad. But I am so happy with how it turned out.

Thank you for a great story.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Nice.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 1 year ago

Over the top! So very very well done. Great pace, real characters that get under your skin, a believable story line that your readers could get caught up in. This is what a five star story really looks like.

Shepard506Shepard506over 1 year ago

Wonderful story with great characters. The only bad thing I can say is that it ended! I wanted more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short but succinct.

A very rare 5 Star.

Thankyou.

CaedynCaedynover 1 year ago

I liked it overall, but a couple parts made me cringe, relating to the drug abuse. It was hard to like Kiara’s character, especially after she reverted to form when they got back from New Zealand. However, there was redemption in the end, and I agree with those commenters who think there is potential for a part 2; the ending felt a little rushed. Good plot, good pacing, great MC, and very entertaining story. Thanks for sharing your work, and I look forward to reading more!

jackie_emjackie_emover 1 year ago

Very sweet and ultimately satisfying

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I usually do NOT give 5star reviews...

Not because there are not very talented writers here who produce very good quality work...

But because there is no higher option. 4stars is supposed to mean very good. But 5stars

is (or should be anyway) reserved for the 'Best of the Best', because if it's not then it loses it's

meaning.

That all being said, you got 5stars for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent Story.

DDAY55DDAY55over 1 year ago

Great story, as usual. I think the comments that I've read covered it all. All I can add is thanks for another great story!

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

beautiful love story that overcomes all the odds

DakotaTRDDakotaTRDover 1 year ago

A truly wonderful, well written story. I'm so happy you continue to post them (and that you took part in the challenge).

Storm113Storm113over 1 year ago

This is the best romance I've ever read! It is incredible. Thank you for your hard work! Again, incredible!

DigameDigameover 1 year ago

Excellent, one of few 5* I give

RRC2RRC2over 1 year ago

Great! Absolutely great story, storytelling and characterization.

THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Totally blew me away. Superb characters. I loved Nash's strength and purpose.

peter944peter944over 1 year ago

You do great stories that really ring true. Well done 5*

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 1 year ago
Wow! Excellent Story!

Kind of like an HDK story - you know about where it is going but you just sit back and enjoy the hell out of the ride. Well done.

MrOuchMrOuchover 1 year ago

Definitely one of your best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really Really enjoyed this story. Great character development and story line. 5*

stev2244stev2244over 1 year ago

Wow, I'm thoroughly impressed. Easily one of the best stories on this site.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Another great Cagivagurl story. 5stars

deadonedeadoneover 1 year ago

Mamma Mia that’s a Spicy Story! I can't believe I read the whole thing!

A truly great story. Yes, you can see where it was going, but the ride was very enjoyable.

Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just outstanding! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is one of the best stories I've ever read. I wanted more anyway, but it ended a bit abruptly. It was a long story so I understand, but the character development and details had been so amazing that it felt like the ending was rushed. There was so much time of them not together that I craved hearing more about them being together. Thank you so much for one on the best stories I've ever read!

robinhodrobinhodover 1 year ago

The Invitational Event came alive with this one. Exquisite!

(I'm an old sucker for sentimentality.)

Cringo31Cringo31over 1 year ago

What an absolutely incredible story. It was so well written and had so much feeling and emotion throughout the entire story. I think this is the best story this author has written. So well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

awesome definitely AWESOME. thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You keep writing the very best stories. You're proving you have the talent as the range of your stories grows. Thank you for the very enjoyable few hours I've experienced reading this one. 5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

It's the voyage not the destination. The ending was a forgone conclusion but man, that ride was something else. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent really enjoyed it could have read an onther 4or5 chapters

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The magician does it again. Thanks so much.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What happened to Ralph?

greenday0418greenday0418over 1 year ago

A wonderful story about two people that are truly in love, yet both are filled with insecurities that keep them apart until the end. Bravo.

jflindersjflindersover 1 year ago

I thought the way Nash and Kiara handled Ralph breaking in with muscle in NZ was out of character and unrealistic.

Kiara claiming she'd written Nash's songs and saying Ralph told her he'd settled with Nash after being told that before and finding out it hadn't been true, was simply crooked on her part and wasn't necessary for the plot.

MrGates801MrGates801over 1 year ago

Even though it was a long read. It had great character building, emotions, and other great aspects. Well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story. But the ending comes to a screeching halt. I think it could have been stronger. But the ride to the finish was great.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Really enjoyable romance, taking the tale from the start in an engaging and detailed way that let the readers get to know the characters. I was expecting the Ralph intervention/highjacking but it was well done and hurt when it happened, and I was glad to see him get some comeuppance as a result. Thanks for writing this and for participating in Randi’s challenge; you did quite well with it. 5* and a new favorite. Thanks!

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

I read it in one sitting, consumed a whole package of Kleenex, and didn’t want it to end. Thank you for a wonderful story..

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story, but it didn't get off to such a good start for me. Applying for that kind of job and admitting he was a fan and could sing her songs, he would have been thrown out the door so fast. I understand you needed it for the plot, but he should have got the job on some other merit. Anyway, still 5 stars.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This was a very well written and enjoyable romance. Vey nice, indeed. Thanks for the hard work

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant story and brilliant storytelling.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Loved reading it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Perfect story! I have to agree with others, I would have liked to see them get married, but that would have only made it 6* and the site doesn't allow it. LOL! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fantastic story like all your other stories. It has heart, sadness and everlasting love created through hardship.

K

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

Wow! He saved her life and they lived happily ever after. 5* story.

There are a lot of sharks in the music business.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 1 year ago

Helluva story. Great romance. Impressive, to say the least.

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the story, but 9 cents a download? No. Spotify pays, for absolute top artists .008 cents a download. The average is .004 cents. The other streamers are about the same. Your confusion is that on a physical record, the songwriter gets 9 cents per record printed.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
I liked it

You always put so much emotion in your writing man its nice. But this still gets 5 *'s but is not my favorite but its a close second thank you for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Honestly? Not a fan of this story. Thought it was pretty good until Ralph showed up in NZ and Nash just let him take her away, KNOWING he was a slimeball who had her strung out on drugs. That's the love he professed to feel for her? Throwing her back to the wolves without a fight? Then basically gives up on her until she begs him back. He never did truly fight for her at all. That type of love I can do without.

Heybuddy65Heybuddy65over 1 year ago

Whenever I see a story by you I figure it’s going to be great. Then I take a look at the word count and get cold feet. It’s an investment of time and there is so much to do. But the investment always pays off handsomely. Once again, thank you for sharing. If you keep writing them, I will keep reading them. I’ll still get queasy when I see the word count, but I have learned it is well worth my while to dive in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Decnt plot, but characters were so-so. Kiara was portrayed as so weak, even after she got clean. Having known two people who beat the Devil, neither are weak.

Dubby49Dubby49over 1 year ago

Whatever happened to Ralph?

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Thank you for an enjoyable story. You merged some real life situations regarding actual stars that spent time in New Zealand. Notably Shania Twain and Taylor Swift. For a few of us "In the know" particularly with Shania the actual facts were stranger than fiction and quite shocking so I'm pleased you left out the more err... shocking aspects. We all see who Ralph was based on. LOL.

So, using those two stars plus a dollup of Britney as well, you had plenty of background information. Sadly, your depiction of Nash was of a very weak guy and his actions to protect Kiara were quite pitiful. Still we need both strong and weak personalities to help create different aspects of the story. I enjoyed your writing. Many thanks. Cheers.

Meisterberger1Meisterberger1over 1 year ago

Loved every page, although, the ending was a bit abrupt.

Anita71Anita71over 1 year ago

You just did it again, Fantastic story incredibly well written, you get 5 stars from me.

Thank you

SBC97281SBC97281over 1 year ago

This 95% of a complete story but still 5 stars as the people are real. The settings and storyline work and most of the details that haul us as readers along for the ride all connect. I have dabbled in the music business and the details ee get there work. I am hoping Chapter 2 comes along and gives Ralph's crash and burn details as it all stories benefit from having to such a demise documented. And, there was a missing marriage proposal here. Awesome run!

VitalSparksVitalSparksover 1 year ago

This is the first of your stories I’ve read, wow. Why can’t I give it six stars?

What happened to Ralph, did he get to share a cell with Big Buba?

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Good story, in fact great, until the end then it faded. What happened to Ralph? Did they get compensation? Still a 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The flow in your stories is very good.

offkilter123offkilter123over 1 year ago

One minor issue that I’ve noticed with all your stories is your speech tags are not always appropriate to the story’s tone. For example, you will use the tag “he hissed” or “she snapped” but it is in the context of a friendly conversation whereas these tags generally indicate a level of stress or hostility that is not present in the referenced conversation. This seems to be a pattern throughout your stories and creates some dissonance to the reader. If you are unsure of what to use, follow Elmore Leonard’s 10 Rules for Writing “Never use a verb other than ‘said’ to carry dialog” and “Never use an adverb to modify the verb ‘said’…he admonished gravely.”

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 1 year ago

I love it and I think romance stories are where you truly shine. It was so real and detailed. Definitely 5 stars.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

Great story! - 5 stars. Like others, I would have liked a little more detail at the end, such as what happened to Ralph? The romantic in me wanted at least a proposal and a wedding - with Adam and Jemma in attendance!

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 1 year ago

Oops nearly missed that one, really glad I didn't! I am awed by your writing even if sometimes I'm not a fan of a particular story. This was really, really good thank you. Not sure if it's an incredible imagination or a life of rich and varied experience...probably a mix of both. Midland towns in UK to the wonderful kiwi land...keep painting with a broad brush it suits you, even when I don't like the story 😁 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story, but the the wrap up came so fast that I almost missed it; there must be a page missing. Certainly can related to his reaction to LA; lived there for almost ten years and never, ever discover its soul—must not have one.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

I lost interest after the dumb confrontation with Ralph in NZ. In your stories you write confrontations just for the sake of it. They're usually pretty bad and not based on any logic. This one ruined the story for me. As always your endings are really abrupt.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

Didn't mean to be too harsh. The story is good, but the confrontation could've been better. Also what happened to Ralph?

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 1 year ago

Sorry for spam. Just to clarify in my other comments, they could've just told the cops Ralph literally broke into their home and that would've been the end of it. Or not go with him...

Problem solved, but for some reason the 2 most logical things didn't happen and we got w/e happened instead.

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Good story with a lot of holes....What happened to Ralph? Why didn't they get married? Hard core junkies rehabs are nothing like this story. She is first painted as a slut and then somehow she is a innocent small town victim who fucked her manager and whoever else to get a contract? What was appealing about her to Nash? Why would she suddenly totally cave to Ralph in NZ? Why didn't the cops arrest Ralph for breaking into their house? Her personality around Ralph was inconsistent to say the least.... dependent junkie personality or submissive slut?

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Great story, no downsides from my POV, l just loved it. Always a sucker for a good romance and this had it all.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, but an epilog would have been wonderful

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 1 year ago

5 stars. A just plain sweet love story after overcoming toxic people. The only real complaint is the lack of follow up with Ralph. This author can be pretty hit or miss sometimes, some stories downright infuriating, but stories like this that knock it out of the park keep me coming back.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

Wow!!!! How have I not read this before.. excellent

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Cag, you either hit home runs or strikeout. Not much in between. This one is a home run.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

By the way, whatever became of the previous girlfriend?

tangledweedtangledweedabout 1 year ago

I know I have had issues with some Cagivagurl stories, but not with this one. I noticed a few hints of Al Steiner's Intemperance series, with the shady record company encouraging addictions and the escape to NZ to recover, but it was definitely not even close to infringing on the Intemperance band copyright. Full marks for this effort.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 1 year ago

WOW …… impressive ….. so enchanting so wonderful ……. You hot the spot and that is a soft lovely one …… just for the start „ power and human beings, as power in physical or mental or boss kind of art, will bring out the true nature of the person which is wielding this power“ and this sayd, i hope this bloody bastard got a simple nice clean accommodation one room place with some more inmates next to him ….. for the tale it was stunningly extraordinary and you are so talented , your magic is creating awesome sweet words to read

Thank you so much for sharing

Ten hearts for this 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🎤🎤🎤🎤🎤🎸🎸🎸🎸🎸

goo_neiggoo_neigabout 1 year ago

Lovely story.

Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A wonderful story consistent throughout. Either missed it when it first came out or figured it was just one of your usuals. Thank you.

.

As one of your more caustic critics, I must render credit when it is due. Your talent is immediately recognizable, but seemed to be looped out in some tragic way. Didn't think you had it in you. No more sniping from me.

.

LWlurker

Pinto931Pinto931about 1 year ago

Excellently done, great story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories