The Porch Wolf Ch. 31-40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I understand," she said as she opened the front door. "Thank you for giving us a chance to fix this."

"One chance, Luna. Make it count." With that, I got into my rental car and drove away. The gate guard was waiting, waving as I passed before he closed it behind me. I smiled as I turned back towards Stillwater; I could imagine the conversations going on in that office for the rest of the day.

I made some phone calls as I drove in the general direction of my new home. I talked to my son Anthony, the Alpha of the Baxter Pack in Maine. He was overjoyed at the news that I had found a second-chance mate. "When is the ceremony?"

"I haven't accepted him just yet, and I still have Council business that takes precedence," I told him. "We had a shaky start, and he's still getting his mind right from the loss of his own mate. I'll let you know."

"A Pack in Minnesota," he said. "You couldn't find a mate in Florida, Texas, or Arizona? You know, so Pamela and I have a warm place to stay in the winter?"

I just laughed. "I didn't get a vote in this either. Blame Luna." We talked for another thirty minutes until I pulled into the parking lot on the east side of the Mall of America. I needed to get some clothing until I could return to Maine and sell my house. I spent a few hours buying new outfits to get me through the next few weeks.

As I passed the Lower East Side, I saw the signs for SeaLife. Vicki's enthusiasm about her sharks was contagious; I needed to visit here with them soon. It was so different seeing things through their eyes. Young children hadn't been disappointed, betrayed, or hurt by the world. I chuckled as I thought about what she said about us; Leo was sad, but I was here and made him happy. It was so simple to her.

He made me happy too.

I joined the rush hour traffic and headed south for home.