All Comments on 'The Preacher Man'

by hammingbyrd7

Sort by:
  • 332 Comments (Page 4)
Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Truly

Truly one of the best on Literotica, so well written, and detailed. Assorbing the reader into a possible future terrifying world. It remains a islamic fairy tale, where women are sex slaves, and breed stock for ten thousand years, (8k + 2k before the war). Oh, let's not forget the purging, (killing), of undesirables, and non believers. The author says this is a new species of human in his story, I say it's just an upgrade of the same old Islamic terrorist. I gave this story five stars because it is so well written, even if the content appalled me.

I read most of the comments, and wondered how many was from women readers. I suspect by the time a woman read a few pages she was disgusted, and stopped reading. Maybe after WWIII, this will be the world we deserve.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Should be published!

This should absolutely be a published novel. It's a believable story with amazing attention to detail. I'm an editor at heart, and I can count on two hands the typos I found. Seriously, send this to someone if you haven't already!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
keep on comin' back

I've been reading and rereading this story on and off again for over a decade now, and it still fails to disappoint. Engaging characters, a rich nuanced world, a light hand with the erotica and a distinct beginning middle and ending, this remains one of the finer examples of work on this site.

Also because I can't help starting shit, @Crusader235, dude, could you cool it with the political/religious demagoguery, I don't need your Facebook/Fox news interpretation of Islam when I'm browsing a jerk off site. The religion portrayed in the piece isn't Islam anymore than a handmaid's tale is about Calvinism. It just uses some of the language, much as Western society still utilises Greek or Latin words, or idioms that make no sense to the average experience of people living in the modern world.

BadbeagleBadbeagleabout 4 years ago

Excellent tale with well developed characters and a story arc. The fact the sex was incidental to the story and didnt overwhelm it was amazing. Thank You.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 4 years ago
Whee!

A most intriguing story, making it was hard to stop reading when things I needed to do at home came up. I couldn't see how Ilias was going to change the world in just a few chapters, however it was well more than just a few chapters and seemed to go on and on and but I had to continue reading until the end. I like the story yet found the use of all the coordinates of locations and other details a little superfluous and finally just skipped over them when they became so repetitious. I understand that the author felt they were needed but I felt they didn't contribute to the actual story. Maybe I missed something important by doing that, but I still enjoyed the story.

mrappledarknessmrappledarknessabout 4 years ago
Fourth time.

Once again, the story of the The Preacher Man amaze me. It's a wonderfull story!

ATenorATenorabout 4 years ago
Happy to find it again

So happy to reread this, years after the first time!

I agree wholeheartedly with the other comments: this could -and should- be a published novel.

Great world-building, character development and varied storytelling!

Thank you for creating and sharing this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Amazing read!

I don't usually leave a comment after I've read something here but this is not just some erotic novel, this should be a fully published novel sitting on my own bookshelf.

Truly amazing read!

Kudos to you Hammingbyrd7!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have just recently discovered this author and I am sad to learn he has not posted on over 10 years. If anyone has any information please share it. If this author has passed away or continued onto official publications would be nice to know. Either way this js single handedly the best story I have read here on Lit, and perhaps one of the best stories I have read ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Listen I don’t comment here because we all know why we’re here. But this isn’t some smut story. This is truly a novella masterpiece worth publishing. The complex world created from our own is absolutely amazing

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This is fantastic

Please publish this,and more stories. It is so good!!

EquilibriumorEminenceEquilibriumorEminenceover 3 years ago
A great story but should have a warning label for lenth

I loved your story. I am mostly joking about the warning label, but I did have to stop to go to bed. Luckily this wasn't one of the those nights where I decided to read a quick story or two before joining my husband for post erotica activities--he would have been very disappointed since this story was so addicting!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The finest story I've read on Literotica.

I've been a reader of Literotica for approximately a decade and in that time I've never commented on a story but I felt compelled to on this one because this is undoubtedly the finest story I've read on this website, let alone one of the finest I've read outright.

Apart from an approximately 1 hour break for breakfast, coffee and a run, I read the whole thing in one 8 hour sitting between 4:30am and 12:30pm because I couldn't put down my phone.

I see that the author hasn't published a story on here for more than a decade for whatever reason and although that's a shame to see, I would just like to express my sincere thanks to them for creating such a wonderful piece of work that has truly touched me, as well as many others.

Onto The Preacher's Daughter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

the best!

James_DuncanJames_Duncanover 2 years ago

What a fabulous story, original concept and so hopeful. I sometimes wish humanity would find a better way forward, unfortunately the very spectrum of our natures holds us back. Stories like this should be read more, because of the hope they can engender.

wadakomawadakomaover 2 years ago

Absolutely captivating. I read this story years ago and came back to find it just as good as the first time I read it. Thank you, thank you soooo much

pficpficabout 2 years ago

What an amazing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Epic in scale and amazing in detail. I have read this many times over the years. I also enjoy his "Kinetic:

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Third time read? Fourth time read?

Like the others, I think this should have managed to be a mainstream book. Erotica, schmerotica, get it to a publicist.

I so much appreciate the effort and research to keep the book consistent, from patterns of numbers, to geography and time zones, and even the harder bits of science fiction --- plenty of jargon was used, of course, but I was astonished when, for instance, other than the magic bits about harmonics, the explanations of fusion cross sections and the math for total power outputs were textbook correct. The author is smart, creative, and dedicated, and I hope their True Holy is treating them well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I found Literotica as a teenager. Really strange to say that rather than finding the usual erotica, I found the best piece of fiction I had ever read. Nearly 15 years have passed, and I find that my viewpoint has not changed. I almost never visit Literotica these days, but this one story has captivated my imagination all my adult life, and I am an avid reader of sci-fi and fantasy. This really should have been a mainstream novel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story is beyond what I expected from literotica. I've read amazingly good reads- 'The Preacher Man' takes quality to a new level. I'll be remembering this one forever.

Well fucking done. A truly amazing story that had me reading page-after-page for two days.

AzuraDelacroixAzuraDelacroixover 1 year ago

the sex scene is lacking, it just feels like afterthought

majorshanemajorshaneover 1 year ago

I read this story years ago and really enjoyed it. The sex is hot and I still come back and visit certain scenes semi regularly, but the overall story and it's world building is really what makes this story stick out in my memory.

Over the years, my perception has shifted from appreciating the heroes journey of one man changing society to be more open, to appreciating how even in it's initial state the world of preacherman had already accomplished something wonderful and seemingly impossible by todays standards.

The abolishment of capitalism and it's hunger for endless growth, the stable society where people have their basic needs met and have access to public transportation, this seems like a paradise compared to todays world. When I picture what a post capitalist society looks like, this story often springs to my mind (except without the misogyny and the state hierarchy). People have tons of free time and are not working 100+ hours to provide ever increasing profits for their bosses, third world countries are not being sabotaged and oppressed and exploited by western nations to keep the capitalist machine fed. Through technology and a lack of expectation of endless growth, people live their lives content and fulfilled (except for the female half of the population, but that was fixed by the end of the story so kudos!)

TLDR: Great story, I am glad that I found it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was astonishingly good classic science fiction. It took me most of a 24 hour day to read, with breaks for cooking and watch a couple shows with my wife. (I am not the fastest reader. I decided I would not sleep until I finished reading it. This really should be a regularly released novel. I have read most of the classic science fiction series, and a lot of what came out in 80s and 90s. It is at least as good or better than 70% of the 80s and 90s professionally published novels I have bread.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

It's amazing that the story is based on love, but it is very strange. The weirdest story I've ever read. I hate the sexist tone/message that almost all men are evil. Overly self-indulgent and very predictable. Some of the sex scenes were revolting (in addition to being weird/cringey).

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Best imagination with worst main characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Author is a genius. This is top notch story telling, as I'm sure the author himself/herself knows better than even the better tv shows and movies in pop culture.

Bravo.

202GE202GE9 months ago

This story is an incredible one of a kind work with fantastic writing and immense world building. It appears to be a phenomenally accurate account of a hypothetical post-apocalyptic pseudo-islamic theocracy.

The sexual nature of the work was a bit lacking but not enough to detract from the work.

The detractor was the characters. They appeared more as caricatures than real people, particularly the female ones. While I applaud the effort of the main character to over come the evils in that world, the inaccurate portrayal of females was glaring. Women are not the innocent "worker bees" expressed in the story.

Overall, I am extraordinary grateful to the author for their efforts and for the story. I was sad to give it up halfway through because so much of the story was fantastic.

Sincerely, a grateful reader

CatBrownCatBrown8 months ago

I couldn’t stick it out past half-way. At first I was really interested, but the super technical world-building and never-ending details about locations just got to me. The women are one-dimensional and the sex scenes entirely forgettable. The story has all kinds of potential, but needed so much less technical detail and more character development.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Simply brilliant. The complexity beggars belief. Take away most of the naughty bits, and this should surely be a sci-fi TV series to top them all. I just loved it, start to finish!

AnonymousAnonymous9 days ago

Having just read this for the second time, I’m pleased to say I haven’t changed my opinion. A absolutely effin’ brilliant piece of work. I cannot imagine how long this took to write. The plot planning and reference notes most run to dozens of pages to keep the author on point. I did find the times and calendar references a little too detailed for my tastes - but so what, I skimmed the odd paragraph and avoided date/time overload. I hope the author finds his just rewards by publishing and getting a buck for his bang.

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

A few major errors are: You can't feel the cervix through the skin, fat and muscle, but most of all the bladder is in the way and you can't feel through that!! And an orgasm doesn't open the cervix!! Only giving Birth opens and flattens the cervix (or surgery using dilators, to remove tumours or fibroids or for an ERPC op) And she is 4 months pregnant and opening (if she could) the cervix would make her miscarry the Foetus!! So in the middle of nowhere in a tent, she opens her cervix with an orgasm so the protagonist can put his cock there to ejaculate into the Uterus which is occupied by a 4 month old Foetus?!! And so after that I stopped reading about the psdo Islamic society, Post Nuclear war and started Re-reading "Dune" after watching the film (part 1) and going to see part 2. The director has beefed up the women's characters and I hope he goes on to do "Dune Messiah" the 2nd book. And even though written in the '60s and on LSD, Frank Herbert is still very relevant today and a great, great, great deal better than this mess. Good luck getting a publisher, tho Amazon will publish anyone. *Anony-mouse*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous