All Comments on 'The Preacher's Daughter'

by hammingbyrd7

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Yay for the sequel!

I enjoyed this series, and I was a bit disappointed that it stopped so abruptly. I want to see them finish their end of their stint and see what happens to them over time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
unfinished masterpiece

What about letting us in on the end of their isolation and the reaction of the rest of the world. You have a number of chapters to finish. But, generally, your use of the history generated in "The Preacher Man" is what I envisioned for a whole series of novels like Heinlein did with Lazurus. You are encouraged to continously entertain your captived audience with more of this wonderous future history.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Very Good

You write Science Fiction very well, and the world you have created is so complete and complex. I can't help but feel this is incomplete, however, and it seems like this is a bridge between the first story and an upcomming installation (Or mabye that's wishful thinking). Where the original could have done without some of the sex, I think this story could have benifited from more intimate moments between the characters. A bit more background on the characters may have been good also. I would love to see where this story goes, so please, keep them comming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
Fascinating!

Once again I became so wrapped up in your story I had stay up until midnight to finish it! I'm not a critic, just love to read and read a lot, especially sci-fi. I like your style (the sex is ok too). I am anxious to see the next installment. I would still rather read a book than my computer screen and I hope you publish and let us know when we can get the book!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
More!

Just got done with the private form, so this should tie it all up.

Next part ASAP.

This world is vast and it demands exploration. What happens between the correction of the preacher man's eternal virginity and Eliana? What happens after this segment?

Please never stop writing, it is rare to find such captivating work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
WOW !!!

Wow!!! the sequel. You are one author I always look at Literotica.com. Couldn't wait for next part, gimme more!

sgtwarped1sgtwarped1over 16 years ago
more more more

I think my title says it all )

sgtwarped1sgtwarped1over 16 years ago
more more more

I think my title says it all )

ShayanielShayanielover 16 years ago
Naahhhh!

Already over?

And I just expected the story to really start off!

That were just teasers along the way... not?

No just joking, I tremendously enjoyed your story, but the ending was.... very abrupt and really calls for a conclusion!

Keep up your fine writing,

looking forward to your next piece,

-Shaya

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The sequel is outstanding! I love Eliana!

The sequel is outstanding! I love this series! I hope you continue it!

I liked that in the future the society had changed dramatically. That was a nice and interesting twist. I love the erotic, sensual sex between the two characters!

It seems like there is a possible war in the future if there is contact with the alien species again. And, also looks like the couple is headed to mars?

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
loved it Thank you

Fantastic story - what happens next?

gogreengogreenabout 13 years ago
good continuation

hi.

i read the first one in this chain of story's and thought it totally complete.

this second makes me thing of all the possibility that could be seen

i woudl love to read more and yet feel what i have read is enough to fire the imagination on my own.

well written and each charitor was well designed and felt real.

good read and worth a 5 star rating.

hope to read more some day.

thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago

Can't wait to read the next chapter!!!

bunny_earsbunny_earsalmost 13 years ago
ALMOST.

this wasnt as good as the first in this series, although i loved the characters. a good play on emotion with the revealing of the alien young, all together a nice sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
A dash of genuine horror.

You, hammingbyrd7, are the only author that has managed to make me genuinely fearful by method of fiction. Reading this story was the first time I've been afraid of the unknown in my 19 years of life. You create a sense of utter hopless dread with the two character's isolation (that story of the ants helped too) and the powerlessness they have against something they barely understand. It requires unfathomable talent to build tension for this long in storytelling. I consider this the very best of your work. May you never stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

Wow, that alien terrified me! Seriously, I had a terrified trip across my bedroom to switch my lights on! Looking forward to reading more if you haven't given up on this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Your male characters are wimps!

Love your writing style, plots are epic. I have read Kinetic and Preacherman before this story, and your sex scenes have a common thread, men who enjoy anal play but who won't anal penetrate their woman even when they ask for it! All authors write sex scenes to be what they find sexy, but this is getting to be a problem for me. With proper preparation anal sex with a woman can be loving and gentle, I just don't understand why your males are so overly solicitous that they refuse to penetrate a willing woman, they don't even finger them, after the woman penetrates them! Whats good for the gander is also good for the goose! Only 4 stars possible on any more of your stories from now on if the male is penetrated analy and the female isn't!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Liked it

Your way of writing is great. Though, i have to say, this one strayed a little here and there. But overall, great story. Preacher man is your best.

NordlysNordlysabout 10 years ago
Treraksroset

First of all...great story...

Second...the correct name of the place where Norway, Sweden and Finland meets is Treriksrøysa and not Treraksroset.

Third....i grew up not far from This place and Northern Norway is never totaly dark, it is a big misunderstanding, Even though we can not see the sun part of the year we still have daylight a few hours a day Even in the midle of the winter When it is darkest. And ofcourse we have the midnightsun in the summertime and daylight all around the clock.

Looking forward to your next story.

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
contrarywise

hammingbyrd7, terrific story. Superb construction of an alternate world. Interesting storyline, good development of characters and a well0imagined alien. I hope your muse will post more stories based on the Preacher concept.

I am of the opinion that the alien's motivations need clarification. The alien had been on a one way trip, using borrowed equipment, that was to last only a few years. Instead it was trapped for centuries, alone, maybe conscious. Had to have some effect & affect upon the alien's psyche.

Then, attempting to reproduce, so it would no longer be alone, the alien finds itself being hunted by indigenous intelligence. By now it must have figured out the accumulating biological damage from cosmic rays and that it's spawn had failed to escape the deadly radiation. I would think under the psychological and physiological deterioration, the alien was looking for scapegoats to take out it's anger on.

So I strongly believe that it is too soon to assume relations between two spacefaring species would automatically result in hostilities. Accidents happen, mistakes are made,shot-sided opportunities seized but hopefully direct conflict would be considered ridiculous by both species.

Now, as for that crap about the character of Basel as being a wimp because he was considerate of Elana. This grotesque spread of propaganda espousing anal penetrative sex throughout pornography is in my opinion the direct cause of two types of drug-resistant hepatitis and other SDI's. Too many abusers fail to take the absolutely necessary sanitation procedures before and after.

In this story, as the author wrote it, Basel refuses to accept penetrating Elana's anus, as his character is of the opinion that her character is not prepared for his large penis.

It is the manly men who callously cause damage and spread diseases just because they are physically stronger then the victims of their emotionally stunted perversion of lust. Those narrow-minded louts who only consider stealing their own pleasure without any thought to how they are causing harm to others. In general these jerks are hiding so deep in their closets that I call them spelunkers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Its nice to finally read an Authors work that is polished

I agree with fanfare, a good story told well. To be honest I enjoyed "The Preacher Man" more then this story, but they are both written quite well, if you are not already, you should seriously consider writing as a career.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another enjoyable story

I really enjoy your stories. They are well developed with interesting plots and characters. I did enjoy The Preacher Man more. But this was a very nice addition. I hope that you will continue to expand upon this storyline. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
"polished"? perhaps for Lit, but not for publishing..

@ anon - It's nice.

This is above average for Lit, but is not in the top 10% for mechanics. Incorrect words, missing words, out of order words, this has them all. Overall, it doesn't detract from the story.

There are also some plot/info gaps here and there. I'd have to re-read and take notes to ID them, (sorry Ham), but they are there.

I agree our author has an above average chance at a career, but for their ideas and storycraft, not for the 'polish' of the story.

Of course, once there is a contract to write, an editor is assigned to work with the author; so the 'final polish' would would be taken care of.

@ Ham

Good start to a new series. After the socio-political bent of Preacher, I post-poned reading Daughter. I am pleasantly surprised to see the storyline move away from that of the previous story. Thanks for sharing, and for all the hard work it takes to produce our free reading material. Kudos...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

Very good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Didn't care for this story

In 'The Preacher' you went to great lengths to right the wrong of female enslavement but it looks like the pendulum is swinging in the other direction. I surely don't understand why either sex needs to feel subservient to the other. Basically that's what an ass fucking is. The story went into great detail explaining the intricate workings of their equipment but this meant nothing to 999 people out of a thousand and that one person realized that it was just 'Star Trek' Scottie/Spock nonsense. They made a jump in assuming that the creature was feeding it's young. It might have been a colonizing force looking for another planet. Nothing to prove that they were young. And what's with leaving them out of any communication with the rest of the world. If they found something life-ending out there the rest of the planet is screwed.

After I read a good story I like to feel like I'll use it to compare other stories. With this one I could have skipped it completely and not felt bad about it. I feel like I just watched a horror film with a bunch of dumb teenagers and the only reason anyone survived is because the killer offed himself.

taco1085taco1085almost 5 years ago
bravo refreshing

I only wish you would have taken the story to the end of their test. then to the meeting with the Governor and present him with the facts and finding and video of the creature and maybe even a ceremony for their promotions and Basel's new scanner prototype... great story... I wonder if they ever met each other's parents. if they got to the Mars if Basel made it as a Senator. so many unknowns... how about a second chapter with some closure on the hangers... lol

bhojobhojoover 3 years ago

Hi I liked the story but I did pick up a few typos etc that I wanted to make you aware of. still rated it 5 stars!

I start run my words and talk too much

prides herself as being the Preacher's daughter -- shouldn't this be "descended from the Preacher's daughter"

who wants to go the mars.

with the complete familiarity and intimacy of a husband being with my wife.

Then Eliana caresses started to slow down

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was such a cool follow on the the original - very nice work : ). I'm only now realizing all the other stories you have on here - I'm going to be busy for a while!

Where did you get the idea for a killer fiberoptic starfish/octopus critter?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous