The Preacher's Son Ch.10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Marcus... you might want to sit down." She said flatly.

"Is it good news?" A pause. "No... no of course it's not. You wouldn't be lookin' at me like that if it was." With that, he made his way over to the sofa and did as she suggested. With a sigh, he leaned forward and rested his head in his hands. "Alright, just let me know. Get it over with I guess." Yukiko felt a strong pang of sadness flow through her. Under most circumstances, it would be a bit of a relief to see someone not panicking upon hearing something like that. But the tone of his voice was laced with a sense of resignation. Had the past few years worn him down so much? "So what is it? "

"I'm afraid it's a bit of a good news/bad news type situation." Yukiko responded. "But it's not something I think you'll want to hear. "

"You know what I've been through." Marcus replied flatly. "Just spill it." Yukiko paused only long enough to take a deep breath.

"Well, the good news Marcus is that we've found Darla." Marcus visibly recoiled in surprise. So soon? It'd only been a couple of days since he'd given them the okay to look for her. It seemed that the IBE really knew what they were doing.

"For real?!" He gasped, still a little blown away. Already he had forgotten that this announcement came with a caveat. "Where is she? How did you find her? How do I-" His questions were promptly cut short by Yukiko raising her hand to silence him. It was only then that he remembered. "Right... of course." He muttered, his mood quickly turning sour.

"She's in Orange County, near Irvine. We found her through Linkedin, she's working for one of the nearby companies." Yukiko exposited.

"So what's the problem?" He asked.

"...She's married."