The Prenuptial

Story Info
How an affair, a prenuptial and a beer affected my life.
2.9k words
3.36
65.1k
31
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
oddtomas1
oddtomas1
171 Followers

Hi, my name is George Anders. My wife is Dianne. I work as a real estate agent. Dianne works in an insurance agency as a secretary. We have been married for twenty two years. I thought very good years.

We shared everything. We seldom argued. Every morning and every night we said how much we loved each other.

We were in our early twenties when we met at a picnic. Dianne was dressed in a pretty summer dress. She looked cute as a button. We were at the grill and got into a conversation. I was enchanted with her.

I asked her out. This was a jump for me. I was shy and normally spent a great deal of time building up courage. She agreed and made my day. We started dating and six months later we married. We were always affectionate. Our sex life was satisfying but like all marriages the excitement had died down.

Unfortunately, Dianne could not have children. We accepted it and were happy with our lives.

Today a Mary Peters called and asked me out for lunch. She wanted to share some information that would impact my marriage.

She asked me to meet her at a very expensive restaurant at her expense. Naturally I did. Mary was a very attractive women about forty five my age.

Mary explained that she was very rich. Her parents left her a fortune. She had invested in allot of real estate but that was not the reason for our lunch. She had been married for eight years. Her husband Tom was a philanderer. He was constantly hooking up with married women. His affairs usually lasted about three months. He always was working on a back up. As soon as one affair ended another would start.

When they got married she was totally in love with him. She never pursued a prenuptial agreement. A divorce would cost her half her fortune. She enjoyed living with him. He was also excellent in bed. She had lost her love for him when she learned of his affairs." He was not aware that she knew what was going on.

She kept it that way. Mary also had a private eye which kept her informed of just what he was up to. She also had taped all his escapades. My wife was his latest conquest.

Why was Mary telling me all this? She wasn't going to do anything about it. Apparently she had a few peccadilloes of her own. Her private eye also gave her reports on the husband of the recent conquest.

Mary never gave any information to a husband who was abusive to his wife. When an attractive, intelligent man that also fit her other qualifications was the husband she would contact him. The man would have to agree that he would not get physical with her mate. She would give him the proof for a divorce. Mary would also sleep with him if he was interested. Mary said "She got her greatest sex when she knew she was screwing his girlfriend's husband."

I asked her about her husband being named in a divorce suit. She just laughed. Many times the divorce was settled quietly. Lots of times the wife and the husband reconciled. Otherwise she just acted dumb. Tom wasn't that bright and thought she was completely fooled.

Mary said "The affair had been going on for about a month. She said that my wife loved me and mentioned it numerous times when she was with Tom."

Her husband was really an expert at tuning in to women's needs. He never rushed but slowly pushed her into sex. Mary enjoyed the sex but did not want her marriage threatened.

I thought about it. I honestly did not know what I should do. I sincerely loved my wife. I knew if I talked to her it would end in divorce. I could not tolerate infidelity." Mary I may take you up on your offer but it would be after I filed for a divorce. I have to think about the best procedure forward."

"George they are having their next session Friday night at the Hilton. They will check in early and she will leave about midnight. Her excuse will be that she is having dinner at her sisters."

"Thank you for all you help and information. I will let you know what I plan to do before I do it."

Today was Tuesday. I would have a couple of days to prepare. I decided to take dramatic steps. If reconciliation was possible I needed to leave a permanent impression in her memory. I did the usual. I took half of all the money out of our bank accounts. My credit cards would be stopped on Friday.

I resigned my job. The boss said "If I wanted to come back my job would always be there."

Now I should mention that I am an alcoholic. I have not had a drink in nine years. I got myself in a a terrible accident. Dianne was going to leave me. I was close to losing my job. I never had a drop since.

After I stopped drinking Dianne and I came up with a novel way to celebrate successes. Whenever we celebrated anything I would take a bottle of Budweiser from the refrigerator and place it on the table. It would remind me that if I was still drinking I would not have a reason to celebrate.

I passed on what I planned to do on Friday to Mary. She had a cabin that she offered for me to stay at while I executed my plan.

I tried to appear as normal as possible with Dianne. She told me that "She was leaving work early Friday. She would go home, change and leave for her sisters early. "

After Dianne left for work on Friday I packed and moved. No one except Mary knew where I was. Dianne arrived home about noon time. On the kitchen table was a bottle of Bud, my wedding ring and a short note. "I hope you and Tom enjoy your stay at the Hilton. I think you should tell your sister you may be late. Love, Tom".

Mary's PI informed us what happened after she read the note.

Dianne called Tom and told him what happened. He thought they might as well enjoy the Hilton since I was aware of what was going on. She called him "an asshole." She called every possible person who might know where I went without any luck. Her sister came over and spent the night.

The lake I was on had excellent fishing. I bought a license. The cabin was equipped with fishing gear. I hadn't fished since I got married. "I loved it. The lake was loaded with trout." I had Mary over and I cooked a fish banquet. We talked half the night. She stayed over but we did not have sex. We spent hours discussing various subjects. I missed Dianne and felt pain. Mary did an awful lot to make me feel better.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch Dianne was still looking for me. She worked every day. She stayed home alone at night. Tom still pursued her. She talked to him on the phone but refused to let him come over. She would not go out with him.

After two weeks I decided to give Dianne a nudge. She went food shopping on Saturdays. When I saw her leave I dropped off another present. On her table I left another bottle Bud and our wedding license.

The note said "I notice you are staying home and just communicating with Tom on the phone. Are you having phone sex? That's a shame since he must be better in bed than me. ".

The following Saturday I left another note with a bottle of beer. " I am asking you to write me a letter explaining why you had this affair. You can also send me any reasons you can come up with why I should not divorce you. I may not get a divorce but just disappear. Send the letter to my lawyer."

A week went by and no letter showed up. I asked my lawyer to prepare divorce papers. On Tuesday when Dianne was working I left her the papers with a fresh bottle of Bud on her kitchen table.

After Dianne read the note she immediately called my lawyer. She explained. "She was carefully wording her letter. She promised that it would be totally honest. She did not want a divorce. She desperately wanted speak to me." My lawyer told her "I would only communicate by mail."

Meanwhile Mary and I were having a ball. We went out to dinner a number of times. We went to a few plays. We laughed over my Beer gifts. I still loved Dianne but she was being slowly replaced. It was a transition rather than a huge heart ache. " I wanted Dianne's letter to push me toward reconciliation. Her letter could be a large help in my decision."

Mary said that " I was the only man she even fantasized about leaving Tom for."

Dianne's Letter...

"Dear George,

I just want you to know that I deeply love you. I can't tell you how much I regret having the affair with Tom.

Reasons for the affair:

When Tom first approached me and started flirting I tried to shut him down. He was attractive and had a beautiful line of bull shit. Initially I was amused and flattered. He never pushed himself. He joked but never in a dirty way or did I sense he was trying to seduce me. It seemed more of a game then a seduction. One day when I was depressed over an argument you and I had. He asked me to go to lunch. I accepted. He was funny. He did not touch me. We had a great conversation and that was that. I looked forward to another lunch. That happened and soon was lunching every day.

He told me "He was getting a divorce and badly needed someone to talk to." One night when you were working late we stopped for a couple of drinks. He spent most of the time talking about how his wife was dumping him for a younger hunk. After we left the bar he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I hugged him back. It felt like sensual hug not just hugging a friend. I was feeling the drinks it felt good. We spent a few more nights out drinking. The hugs and kisses got intense. This was over a two month period. This led to having sex in a hotel. I was half drunk. It was exciting because it was someone new but it wasn't lovemaking it was just sex. I felt guilty as hell. I promised myself never to go to a hotel room with him again. I told him "I could not stand the guilt. I loved you too much to ever cheat again."

However, I still went out for drinks. You were selling houses from the big development and were never home. "Well I got half drunk again and wound up in his room again. I did not realize it but every time we went out he would reserve a hotel room. The Friday I got your note I did not know he had a room reserved at the Hilton. I did not plan a night of sex. It would probably have happened. I will never put myself in that situation again. The sex was different, exciting. I enjoyed it." It wasn't as satisfying with him and it definitely was better with you.

"I had many offers for a sexual affair during our years together. I never for one second considered them. My response was harsh. I told them if they ever repeated the offer I would tell you. You wouldn't consider it a threat to our marriage and he wouldn't like your response."

Reasons for remaining married to me.

"I have never stopped loving you. I was seduced because we had grown distant. I formed a friendship with Tom but I never expected it to get sexual. I loved spending time talking with him.

When we got married we would spend our free time talking with each other. We did not have any money so our activities were limited. I always loved out conversations. You introduced me to many new things that I learn to enjoy. Such as camping and fishing. When I started catching fish I really enjoyed it.

We camped because we couldn't afford a real vacation. On those trips I had as much fun as when we could afford a vacation in Florida. All our time was spent with us. I think if we each of us wrote a separate book about our life after marriage it would be identical. The past few years have been concentrated on making us rich. I am more interested in being happy. I think you are to. Let us be lovers again. Pick some interesting hobby we both enjoy. Talk more about everything except work. Maybe we can open a small store. Maybe you can write a book. I can try painting. We can go to the horse races. Take my sisters kids to amusement parks. I want to do all this and I want to do it with you. I know you still love me. Please come home.

This letter is as honest as I could write. I know that there is the issue of trust. You have always trusted me. That trust was honored until the latest slip. I never would have had the first lunch if I ever suspected it would lead to sex. I will never again have that first lunch. We will have a great life together."

Love,

Dianne

PS "Please put a bottle of Bud on your table."

After I read Dianne's letter I was deeply moved. I still did not understand why she still spoke to Tom on the phone.

I showed Mary the letter. Mary said "I guess this will end us.". I did not want our relationship to end.

I decided that an explanation about why she still talked to him might help. I definitely was not returning until I knew the reason. I also felt it was imperative to punish Tom for wrecking marriages. This should also be done before my return.

I went to Dianne's and left another Bud on the table with a note. "Dear Dianne, I was moved by your letter. One thing I do not quite understand is why you are taking his phone calls. I require more time before I consider a return. Love, George."

The best way to punish Tom I thought is to screw up his love life. He was the super in the building where Dianne worked. Mary owned the building. There were many offices in that building. He had a steady supply of women to seduce. I made posters. I put his picture on them with his name and title. I than wrote the following message. "This man is very good at seducing married women. Unfortunately I was one of his victims. I was recently told by my doctor that I had aids. I haven't had sex with my husband for months. Tom Peters was only one possible to have given it to me. I am posting this so others won't be a victim. "

The posters were placed in all the lady room stalls.

Dianne did contact me through my lawyer. She sent this letter. "George, The only reason I talked to Tom was because he wanted to talk to someone about his divorce. He also tried to persuade me to meet with him. I did feel sorry about the way his wife was treating him. That is why I took his calls. Recently I received a letter from a private detective. He told me the truth about Tom. I checked with Tom's wife and she agreed with the report but asked me not to tell Tom that she was aware of the situation.

I stopped all calls with Tom. My building was posted with signs saying Tom had aids. I was lucky. I got checked and am not infected. Please call and come over for supper. Love, Dianne.

I was reluctant to close my relationship with Mary. She was now my best friend. We went out for dinner. I started the conversation with "I think I am going back with Dianne.". Mary replied. "That she assumed so and would miss me."

Mary said that "She thought she could spend the rest of her life with me and be extremely happy. George you are great. I was afraid that since I was use to a variety of lovers that I would eventually want it again. George if Dianne ever drops out of your life please let me know. I love you." The rest of the dinner was spent discussing the fun we had together. She knew I hung the posters about Tom. Her and her PI cracked up laughing over them. We left feeling good about our friendship and sad about our parting.

I went to Dianne's. "Dianne, I have my suit case in the car. I want to return. I trust you now. Please do not ever breach that trust. I will bring in the suit case and a case of beer for the table. This is a big event."

That night we had a long discussion about her letter. We both would not work any longer. We had sufficient money to retire. I would write the great American novel. She would try painting. We would also travel around America in an RV. That night I moved in. We made love. It was the best sex we ever had together. I made the right decision.


oddtomas1
oddtomas1
171 Followers