All Comments on 'The Pretend Boyfriend'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 134 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

But I don't understand why you seem to regard deleting messages without listening to them to be part of your story formula, as in:

"When I got home I found two messages on my answering machine. Both were from Constance and I deleted them without listening to them. Curious as to why she called the home phone instead of my cell I took it out and saw that I hadn't turned it back on. I powered it up and saw I had messages from Constance and I deleted them."

Why would anyone do that? And as a reader, I would generally be more interesting in hearing what the character said than in not hearing. Just saying.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I guess their company didn’t have non-frat in the handbook

Inconsistent and a too-abrupt ending

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That Ending

It was kind of like slamming on the brakes about 2 seconds before you pile into the brick wall. “Abrupt” doesn’t really adequately describe it. I liked the rest of the story a lot even though there was really nothing new in it. Still, it was put together in a very interesting way and was very pleasurable reading. Until That Ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Jesus christ, JPB just threw concept of falling action right out the window with this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Until, like just about everyone else has said, that ending. The author weaves a fairly compelling story for nearly four pages, draws readers into the mix, then slams the damned door shut in their face with one short, weak-assed paragraph. I personally find it a bit insulting.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Good Story Weak Ending

A very good story. I thought the ending was rushed and did not do justice to the rest of the story. 4*

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

Love it, easy to see it coming. Fun read...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

4 pages of detailed buildup. A short paragraph to finish it off.

Do you dislike your readers and do it on purpose?

tazz317tazz317almost 3 years ago
O THE GAMES PEOPLE PLAY

every nite, every day at work or at play ever needing what they say. TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Good Bob wrote this one, and it is unusually good.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

4 page for a one sentence plot. What a waste of time.

WoodencavWoodencavover 2 years ago

Very clever, quite different to the usual. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yeah that ending was pretty damned abrupt. Sort of like slamming into a brick wall. On the freeway. Not good, not good at all, Bob. I expect better next time, you hear?

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 2 years ago

Yeah Yeah

Same Old . Same old.

Give Men some Pussy ..and he will be a Pig in the Puddle.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 2 years ago

Good fun story. However, if we search it for holes, there is that one problem: he did not really act like he was respecting the fact she was married. He played a man who would date a married woman, thereby trashing his own reputation, and he let her get to him to the point he did cross the line. In some ways, she sabotaged what she was looking to find. Still, it was a fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Please please fill out the story and complete it - with an ending. Satisfy all your readers - throughly and completely.

We were into the relationship right up to the set down almost loving confession. Then - again the one sentence line of, I did, and now……..

Talk about dropping us into a hole without the filled out and complete rest of a throughly entertaining and great loving story with some anxiety, stress, desire, sexual hots, emotion and a future of forever and ever together hat suddenly went hook, line and sinker to the bottom of the never never land hole.

Why O why are we so deprived again and again??????

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Definitely one of your best.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I don't always like your stories because some have racist overtones that piss me off or are generally extremely juvenile. This one however was very sweet and lovely.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Oh, you really should have included a final scene where he fucked the shit out of her or at least had them in post coitus bliss. The story needed it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good except for the ending. 4*.

TheRealMadtexTheRealMadtexalmost 2 years ago

I give it 4 stars because the ending sucks, as usual.

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

damn it! Wow ! in Bob's world!

there is a woman who manages to keep her brains even in the face of a big 11 inch cock.

A thousand apologies. In Bob's world, women don't have brains.

So how did she pass this test?

Call Mulder and Scully, we have an X-file here.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBFalmost 2 years ago

Good story, despite the extremely weak ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Slammed on the brakes at the end, but otherwise a good story. There really was a lot left unresolved. Could have been a 5, but under the circumstances it’s a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bob must have a teeny weenie because he is obsessed with cocks that are about 1 in 100k that virtually no woman wants anything to do with.

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 1 year ago

I am a sucker for these kind of stories, LOVED it!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I have no doubt that, after the fifteen years later that the story ended on, Bob is still the "boyfriend" (and yes, glad about it), and Constance is still manipulating the shit out of him on a daily basis.

JPB has a talent that is unmatched on this site -- a talent for writing an excellent story all the way to the last page and then using the final few paragraphs to rip the guts out of it.

wardnuke1968wardnuke19689 months ago

One of your best. The ending was a little “soft”, but at least there WAS one, sort of. I filed this one in my Favorites list.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Most women don't want to have anything to do with an 11 inch penis. First, they are really rare, like 1 in 500k. Second, they are freakishly long, and will not fit fully in a normal.woman's vagina. Third, they hurt more often than not for almost all women. Lastly, they don't necessarily have girth. It is about volume people. Not just length. Almost any woman would a thick, fat six incher to a thin, long penis. Most of the actual contact and friction in the vaginal canal is in the first few inches. And no contrary to popular opinion, women do not stretch the length of their vaginal canal.no.matter how often they take a long penis, but they can stretch yo accommodate girth. Basic biology. This modulo the fact that when unaroused the vaginal canal.will.be shorter than aroused. Talking here about the aroused state.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Ending

Ending is too abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago
Just an thought

"JPB has a talent that is unmatched on this site -- a talent for writing an excellent story all the way to the last page and then using the final few paragraphs to rip the guts out of it."

I could not agree more. JPB had me hooked in with one of his best stories, ever!!!! And totally killed it with the last paragraph (sigh. Broken hearted)⁸

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...