The Pretender

Story Info
Two girls escape from a deranged man.
2k words
4
1.8k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following story is set in an alternative world and or universe.

It was 2010 in the small town of Shadow Creek and the end of the week was finally here for 18- year-old Lily Roder and her best friend Mandy Meeks. It was Friday afternoon after school. Even though they lived in a small town that didn't bother them. They always found something to do with each other. Both had known each other since elementary. 5th grade was when they met and were inseparable. They were like sisters to each other. Both were an only child to their parents, it helped a lot with their friendship. Both had even gone to a private religious school when they were in 7th and 8th grade. They had to wear uniforms every day. It sucked but they got through it. Elementary was fine for them but their parents wanted them to try and go to a different school system to see how they liked it as opposed to regular school. They tolerated it but didn't like it much. They weren't too big on religion. They were not anti belief in a higher power just not fans of religion in general. When high school came along they were able to go to a public school again.

Both were single. It wasn't sure why. Both were beautiful and out-going. Perhaps boys were too intimidated by them. Lily was 5 foot 5 with long blonde hair and green eyes. Mandy was 5 foot 6 with brown eyes and light brown hair. Both were caucasian and thin. If there was one thing they hated back in the day that they would never miss, it was Alfonso. Alfonso was some brown-skinned kid who was a heavy smoker who always offered them Cigarettes. They always refused. And sometimes out of nowhere, it seemed Alfonso just showed up unexpectedly. He had given both of them the creeps. He didn't dress intimidating. He always wore bright colors like light blue jeans and a green buttoned T-shirt for example. He was a little tall but not someone who towered over people.

After junior high Lily and Mandy never saw him again. They didn't know what became of him. Shadow Creek was a small town of 1,200 residents. Almost everything was made of wood including the floors in several antique shops. Even some bars were mostly made of wood but since the old western days, things have been brought up to speed as they always did when technology advanced over time. But there were places scattered around town that were better built with bricks or concrete. There were no malls but Shadow Creek still had places for kids to shop for clothes. Not much but enough stores for kids to get whatever suited them and made them feel cool.

For fun, there was a bowling alley which-was popular with teens, a small movie theater that only had like four screens, a public library, and a book store. There were some fast food places but restaurants and diners were the main places for food. One dentist place, one decent-sized hospital with five floors, a town hall, two churches, two gas stations, two fire stations, two pharmacy drug stores which were basically convenient stores with a pharmacy. One grocery store. Only two motels were present in Shadow Creek, no hotels were anywhere. For schools, there was one elementary, two junior highs one being religious and one high school. Most people lived in houses others lived in an apartment. Which there was only one with 110 rooms or units. People also lived in mobile homes. There was however not many. Probably 50 to 60. Only two parks were present in town one small with a few benches and a playset for kids. It also had restrooms. Square Park was the name simply because it was square-shaped. Proctor Park was a bigger one. It had a huge round pond that was at least 7 feet deep. Very dark and murky. Plenty of benches and tables with areas to barbecue. A huge tree cast a shadow on the pond during certain periods of the day when it was sunny. There were a lot of trees that provided shadow. There was no "creek" however in Shadow Creek itself but if someone ventured deep into the nearby forest they'd find one.

A person would have to be brave to venture into the forest. Over the years there had been rumors of the forest being haunted by something dark and sinister but most people just pass it off an urban myth or legend. Some kids had gone missing throughout the years never to be seen again. But some kids or teens had survived. Some people say it was the work of a demon that shapeshifted into an innocent-looking little girl named Abigail who looked six years old and claimed to be lost. When they tried to help out "she" lured them into the forest. When they got couldn't find this Abigail girl who suddenly disappeared after following her into the forest they suddenly felt like being watched by someone or something and when they turned around there stood the "little girl" in the blue and white dress in some small open area who suddenly transformed into a hideous-looking beast with horns and long claws.

The last known survivor was in 1998. If it was all true perhaps the demon had gotten more-bold in making sure its prey didn't get away and started using more brutal methods to prevent escape. It only seemed to prey on young people. Any adult who tried to seek out the demon ended up with no evidence. Lily and Mandy didn't know what to believe when it came to this demon story. Again they were not Athiest but a story like this just seemed silly. The town was split on the so-called urban legend or myth. Some took it serious, others didn't.

They had decided to go for a walk at their old elementary school which they had fond memories of. It had a nice big track which was perfect for walking. Nobody else was around but the school was open. Together they walked and talked about the weekend and what they should do. It was nice and sunny out with a slight breeze. Both wore short jean shorts and tanktops. They had walked about half a mile when they heard what sounded like a baby crying from across the street in an old abandoned two-story house surrounded by dried trees and overgrown grass and weeds. Both looked at each other in disbelief. Mandy who was a little braver then Lily suggested that they check it out. Lily was hesitant but after some encouragement from Mandy, she finally agreed. A young child that was lost made more sense. Perhaps that was the case. As they got closer and closer the crying continued. When they reached the front door the crying stopped. Mandy reached for the doorknob. It was open. She opened the door and looked inside.

The house was no better on the inside than the outside. Old decay everywhere. Empty with no furniture. It had several windows some broken others still intact. Both slowly walked inside investigating feeling like detectives. They searched everywhere on the first floor before going upstairs. It was a little dark inside but still seeing wasn't an issue. After searching one room upstairs both were startled by a door slamming shut. Lily and Mandy knew it had to be the front door. Lily said maybe it was the wind as they headed back downstairs.

Back downstairs, both were jolted with sudden fear when they saw a man standing guard by the front door. He was black-haired, tan and scruffy looking. He wore dirty brown pants and a dirty white tank top. In his hands was an old kitchen knife with a brown handle. He greeted them both with a raspy voice and asked if they liked his talent. Both girls were shocked to have been lured into a trap by a crazy man pretending to be a child or baby in distress and then hid somewhere to surprise them. He probably creeped out a window slowly and waited for them to head upstairs so he can make his move. Lily shouted at the man to let them go. The man only smiled showing some missing teeth. And then he charged both girls with the knife raised. Both dodged his attack and unlocked the front door and ran outside back to the school field and into the school's front parking lot where they stopped to catch their breath. The man hadn't followed them.

They reported the man to police, who investigated the home but found nothing, unfortunately. Whoever the man was he was long gone probably taking refuge in some other broken down abandoned place which wasn't many. The house was one of a few abandoned places near the school. Another house of similar nature was close by on the right. The police would keep a look-out for him. They were confident he'd be caught soon. After they had shared all they could about the man Lily and Mandy headed home. They debated if they should tell their parents. They probably wouldn't be able to go to the-school again alone without someone keeping a close eye on them. Shadow Creek was an overall peaceful place to live but it still had its fair share of criminals like any other place in the world. Thankfully the crime was always low.

The report with the man was something not often dealt with so the police took it serious. They knew both Lily and Mandy were not lying based on how they acted. Shadow Creek was a close-knit community of mostly conservatives. Not a whole lot of diversity but those who were not white were never really attacked or hated. Racism was very minimal. Most people knew each other and were very friendly. Very few people were not much known about. This mysterious man was probably one of them. But until captured his identity was still unknown. Lily and Mandy surely didn't know him. Shadow Creek didn't have much of a homeless problem so finding the man shouldn't be hard.

The police force wasn't too big. It only had 24 officers. But whatever they couldn't handle alone was aided by the Sheriff or State Police, none of which had a station in Shadow Creek but were close in neighboring towns or cities in the county. It would take time for help to arrive considering Shadow Creek was geographically isolated from its neighbors by at least five miles. Everything else in the county was pretty close to each other.

Once home both Lily and Mandy shared their stories with their own parents separately in their own homes who were of course distraught as any caring parent would be but happy to still be parents to amazing daughters. Both lived a block from each other. To their surprise, they were not banned from their old school but were told to never venture into lonely places again no matter what they hear. They were just proud their daughters had called police, rather than ignore the situation. Both had been taught well by their parents on how to react to urgent moments. Because no one was perfect they were certainly flawed with their own secret vices but they were minor compared to other teens. They didn't drink or do drugs. Both were still virgins. At age 18 both would sometimes kiss each other or hold hands. It was always privately. Their parents would never approve of such acts. They liked boys. They were not lesbian. They just enjoyed doing what they did. To them, it was innocent fun.

They had been told by their parents by age 20 they can make their own decisions.

They were halfway to adulthood at age 18. And although they liked Shadow Creek they had talked about moving to a bigger place with more opportunities. But for now, Shadow Creek was home and they would make the best of it as they always have. Maybe they'd change their mind about moving maybe they wouldn't. As far as they were concerned, for the time being, the plan of staying or moving away someday was classified information for both friends and family.