All Comments on 'The Pretender Ch. 07'

by JaycobMatthews

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
NOTICE of DEATH

DINKYBOOTS AND JONATHANLOVESCOCK. ARE DEAD AND WILL NO LONGER APPEAR ON LITEROTICA ........THIS IS A GREAT STORY.?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Dear Anon,

It's true that DB was a very negative and annoying presence here at Lit. JLC wasn't as bad- mostly positive- and even had the guts to admit he was DB when it would have been easier to stay quiet. But I see no reason to scream in caps and boast about his death. The man had cancer. Have you ever had cancer? I have. It's hell to go through, and the side effects of treatment make you wish you could die already. In fact, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say he was a man who most likely had no energy to do more than spend his last days reading and was in such pain that it made him grouchy and mean-spirted. There's no reason for you to act the same way.

JaycobMatthews, sorry for the rant. You have my urging to delete this comment as you see fit. I like you story very much and am enjoying the growth in Michael's and Daniel's relaionship.

canndcanndalmost 12 years ago

I was sad it ended right after they said hello. I'd have liked to have seen their dinner date at least. I do like the pace of this chapter in terms of your moving through their time apart quickly. I thought their calls, despite how short they were, said alot about where they are. Sadly, it may be showing they're setting themselves up for trouble. I, peronally, feel for michael. He is falling for someone who may not be able to give him what he wants and what would most likely be what Daniel needs and wants himself. I do hope that it works out for them. You do seem to be keeping it real at least. The 'one step forward, two steps back' feel is striking a chord in many, I'm sure. It's one of the common difficulties when you can't help but love someone that may not be optimal for you.

I was surprised that Westley wasn't on the flight and didn't come walking up behind them.

JaycobMatthewsJaycobMatthewsalmost 12 years agoAuthor

Cannd, you always seemed to be one step ahead of me … quit giving away secrets :)

Expect the next chapter to be longer, and without spoiling, a big catalyst is about to happen.

I apologize for the misleading comments about Westley, I should have mentioned more about the fact Westley and Michael still have about 6 months of school before graduation. Westley had to head back to Ohio until then, and will be moving to be closer to Michael after that.

lonesomedove66lonesomedove66almost 12 years ago
I like the pace

Again another great chapter and dah me... I didn't click until the old lady that Westley wasn't with him but now you've explained the school thing that makes sense, Cannd I think that their developing friendship will make for a stronger relationship once Daniel is settled, which I think is coming sooner and easier than even he thought. Can't wait for the next chapter.. but alas we have too

As an aside I have to say inappropriate announcements should not be allowed on a comments page about a story and that was very uncalled for to say of you re: Notice of Death,,, but Anon your response was very well written and there was nothing inappropriate with what you said

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

The pace is fine.

delightdawndelightdawnover 11 years ago
Sweet

I concure with the elderly womens comment, young love is so damn sweet. Gonna keep reading and hopefully make it through them all tonight. Then you need to get busy because I have read them all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous