The Price is Always Right Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Look, about last time--" He started, but Sophie cut him off.

"Richard, let's just focus on your therapy," she said in her most assertive voice, but that just triggered a laugh from the older man. He leaned in closer to her, lowering his voice.

"Sweetheart, once you've fucked somebody, you can't just pretend you didn't," he told her.

"Richard, please, this is so inappropriate," she pleaded with him. He seemed almost to be enjoying how uncomfortable she was at the moment.

"You and that husband of yours both seemed to enjoy the evening quite a bit," he continued, teasing her.

Sophie stared at him, unable to deny it as they both knew the truth. Richard didn't wait for an answer though and continued to talk.

"I have another event coming up that I need you at," he told her. "It could pay a hell of a lot more than last time too. Well, I should probably say it'll probably pay a lot more than the party did." Richard gave her a knowing smile as he alluded to how much he had paid her for everything after the party.

Sophie blushed, but she was determined to put an end to this. "Richard, the answer is no. We don't need the money." Her voice was firm as she answered him, but he seemed only amused by her holding out against him.

"Should we ask James?" he asked her.

"We don't need to. James agrees that it was a one time mistake," she told him with emphasis on the last word.

"Oh, now that hurts a little," he said without losing his amused smile. "I thought we had a great time."

"Richard, I'm married. It was a mistake," she stressed again.

"Well, why don't we see what James really wants? He sure seemed to be okay with what you did last time," he continued, "I'll ask him and we'll see what he says."

"No, Richard," she told him. "Let's just focus on the session today or we'll have to end early."

"Just hear me out, then we can move on," he told her, holding his ground. Sophie sighed, frustrated, but realized she would have to hear him out and then tell him no so he would understand that they weren't interested.

"Fine, I'm listening," she said as she held eye contact with him, trying to appear as stern as possible. Richard's smile widened.

--------------------

James had his students working on a worksheet that he had printed off for them. He was too distracted to actually teach, so he had found something for them to do. He just kept waiting for a text from Sophie to update him on how it went with Richard.

BUZZ. Finally, he thought. He immediately opened his phone and read what Sophie had sent him. "Went fine. I didn't let him talk about anything other than his therapy." It was a bit of a disappointment to James. He had wondered if seeing the man again would make her feel differently. James felt like an addict in recovery and if the possibility of seeing her with another man came up, he knew he would fall off the wagon entirely.

It was probably for the best after last time. Things had gone so much farther than he had ever expected. And escalated so much faster. One moment, he had been reluctantly letting Sophie go to the cocktail party because it seemed like such a small thing and they had needed the money. The next, he had been talking her into sleeping with Richard for money they didn't really need.

He texted his wife back. "I'm surprised he wasn't more pushy."

BUZZ. "He tried a little, but I shut him down. I'm just glad that's over with." Her next message read. James looked at the message. Well, that answers the questions he had about how she would react to him. Apparently, it hadn't affected her the way it had him.

He sat at his desk, imagining what could have been. He trusted Sophie completely that nothing more had happened, but part of him couldn't help wishing that maybe something more had. It seemed crazy but what had he really wanted to happen? Had he wanted Richard to put his hands on his wife? To undress her? To have his way with her again?

The images of Sophie with Richard together ran through his mind and he imagined them in her clinic the way she had teased him before about giving Richard a show. He imagined her stripping out of her scrubs while the man watched her, her body sensually and slowly moving with the intention of arousing him.

He texted her back. "I'm glad too. I can't wait for today to end though. It just keeps dragging on." James sat back in his chair, continuing to fantasize about his wife. He knew there had to be something wrong with him for having these desires, no matter how common it seemed from everything he had read.

Sophie had lost herself in the situation last time as much as he had, even if she wouldn't admit it. James had considered that over the last few weeks as he tried to understand how Sophie felt about everything that had happened. Was she so adamant about making sure that it didn't happen again because she felt guilty that it happened or was she guilty that she had lost control when she was with Richard? Another thought from the back of his mind kept pushing its way forward into his thoughts as well, the possibility that Sophie losing control had awoken something in her that she was desperate to make sure stayed dormant.

He had never seen her react the way she had with Richard, the way she had fucked him with abandon that night. Sophie's will had been completely dominated and she had said whatever Richard had wanted her to say.

James sighed, bringing himself back to reality. At least he would have that memory.

--------------------

Sophie drove home on autopilot, thinking about Richard and what he had proposed to her. She felt bad lying to James, but what purpose did it serve to tell him about what Richard had said when she had already said no? Besides, she was worried enough about how James had reacted last time and felt it was better to just bury this and move on.

They didn't need the money and they were ready to start a family now that they had a little nest egg. Besides, Richard's idea was as ludicrous as it was unexpected. She had sort of expected him to offer outright to buy her like she was a common whore... or worse. That had actually made it even easier for her to say no. The surprise had brought her back to reality. His face when she said 'no thank you' and moved on without hesitation had been priceless. Sophie smiled to herself as she thought back on his stunned expression and the silence that followed. She had finally been able to leave him speechless. That had made her feel powerful, that she was in control of the situation again.

She had been afraid of the unknown, the uncertainty, but once they were face to face she had regained her composure. A long sigh released some of her tension, but she needed to get home and pour herself a glass of wine while she curled up on the couch with a good book. She needed to just put all of this behind her and focus on her marriage.

James and Sophie's desire to start trying to have kids had become a lot more realistic now that they had some money saved up. That was at least a good thing that had come from all of the insanity, but it hadn't come without some stress as well. Even though James had made him wear a condom, she had taken two pregnancy tests to be sure that there was no chance she could be pregnant before they started trying seriously. That was just one more reason on top of the many others that that couldn't happen again, she thought.

Sophie's mind drifted back to Richard's proposal from earlier in the afternoon. It was so absurd that she had laughed out loud at it right to his face. She had honestly thought it had to be a joke for a few seconds before he assured her how serious he was. The names he had mentioned had mostly been familiar to her from the cocktail party, but there were two she didn't think she had met that night. It was a whirlwind of meeting different people as Richard showed her off like a piece of arm candy to the other old men who were mostly there with their wives.

Hank she recalled, was a handsome, lean man with a heavy country accent. He had made his money in cattle, or maybe oil, or maybe both. She couldn't remember. He was maybe around fifty and had a simple charm to him. She remembered that he had been without a date that night and had been very attentive to her while he talked with Richard.

She remembered Cliff as well. A boisterous, very heavyset man who had been at the party with his wife. That hadn't kept Cliff from openly trying to flirt with Sophie right in front of her. Sophie had been happy to get out of that conversation.

The last name she had recognized was Clarence. She couldn't remember what business exactly Richard had told her that he was in, but he had been very kind to her and made her feel at ease that night. Unlike the other men, he didn't look at her with the hunger she had gotten so accustomed to seeing in men's eyes. He was an older black man who reminded her of her grandfather.

Sophie shook her head at the absurdity of the idea. She couldn't believe that Richard had thought that she and James would go for it. Well, at least it wasn't something she had to worry about now.

--------------------

James sat on the couch grading some papers while Sophie read a book next to him, her legs stretched out over his lap. He tried to limit after hours grading of papers, but you just couldn't avoid it. Thankfully, Sophie was more than content to curl up on the couch with her book while he finished his work.

"What do you want to do this weekend?" James asked Sophie, causing her to look up at him with her emerald eyes.

"I always know it's been a long week when you're thinking about the weekend on a Tuesday," she joked. "But I was thinking about maybe taking Lucy to the park and packing a picnic for us. Spend a little time outside in the fresh air while the weather is nice."

"I wouldn't complain about that," he told her before pausing for a few moments. "You seem a lot less stressed now that you've gotten through today."

"Well yeah, I've been dreading it for weeks but now at least I know I can handle it," she said, closing her book after folding the corner of her page.

"I knew you would be able to. You're capable of anything," he told her with a sense of pride in his wife.

BUZZ. A text from an unknown number popped up on his phone. He looked at it, expecting spam or a political message that seemed to be constant nowadays, but when he read it, he froze.

"James, it's Richard." That was all it said.

BUZZ, a second message came through. "I have a business proposal for you and Sophie," Richard's message read.

Sophie's voice brought his attention away from the message on his phone. "I'm just glad that I won't have to think about Richard for another two weeks and then he'll probably be about to graduate out of therapy entirely since he's doing so well," she continued.

James' focus was now split as he reread what Richard had sent him. It was strange how cordial he was being, considering the things he had said when he was with Sophie. He thought for a moment and decided to keep it simple. "I don't think so," he texted back. The conversations he had had with Sophie had been very definitive and he figured it was best not even to entertain whatever Richard wanted. Just a few seconds later, James' phone rang.

RINGGGG. RINGGGG.

Richard was calling him. He couldn't answer it in front of Sophie, though, so he moved her legs off of his lap and stood up to take the call in another room. Sophie watched him curiously as he got up and left the room. "Hello?" he said when he answered.

"Look, James, I've got a hell of an opportunity that you should listen to," Richard's booming voice said through the phone.

"What did Sophie say today?" James asked the other man.

"Who cares? I want you to hear me out," Richard said, dismissing his wife's opinion.

"If Sophie said no, I think that's our answer," James told him bluntly.

Richard sighed. "We're talking about a lot of money, but I need Sophie to help me out."

"What do you mean?" James asked, a little confused. He had thought that Richard was just offering to pay for Sophie to sleep with him, but this didn't really sound like that.

"There you go, just listen for a minute. So I took Sophie to that cocktail party, right? Well, the idea was that there were a bunch of guys there that have more money than they know what to do with and they can't help but stare at a nice pair of tits or a perky ass." James didn't miss that he was talking about Sophie and was still shocked that he would talk about her that way directly to her husband. Richard continued on without missing a beat, though, "Well, it worked beautifully. You should have seen those fuckers. They were falling over themselves trying to talk to that sexy wife of yours and more than happy to invest in a few of my projects while they tried to impress her."

"What does this have to do with us now?" James interrupted.

"Give me a fucking minute, okay?" Richard told him roughly. "One of the guys there has more money than God, oil money, yeah? He invites me to this monthly poker game he has with a bunch of other high rollers. Buy in is $15,000, but half of them put in way more than that because it's nothing to them." That got James' attention, but he still didn't understand how exactly this would tie into him and Sophie.

"Now, I'm decent at poker, but these motherfuckers play all the time. I didn't do so hot a few weeks ago. Decided I might not go back, but then I had an idea. I saw how they watched Sophie at that party and that dress didn't even show much. I figure we get her to strut around in a tight dress, serving some drinks to the guys, right? Plenty of drinks and a sexy woman to distract them so I have an advantage. I'll give you 30% of what I win. We're talking about a ton of money on the table that's ours for the taking. Plus, those fuckers will thank me for providing the entertainment." Richard laughed at his last reference to Sophie, but James felt that familiar feeling stirring in him as he pictured Sophie strutting around.

James was stunned by the amount of money though and the fact that it wasn't just money for him to fuck Sophie again. "I don't know. Do you think that will really work?" James asked him. It seemed like a dubious advantage at best. "I mean, she'll be distracting you, too," James continued as he thought about it more.

"You haven't met these guys. As soon as they see her, they'll care more about her than they do their money," Richard explained, "these guys won't even miss the money when we take it from them." James considered it. It seemed to be of little risk and high reward since it would only be Richard's money in play. But he also didn't know how good Richard was at poker. James, however, had played a lot of poker growing up with his brother and cousins and had also played a lot of poker online over the years. Though for tiny sums of money compared to this. He thought about the money and about Sophie trying to distract a table full of men. If it really gave them that much of an advantage, this was hard to pass up. But he needed to be there to see the reactions to Sophie. Maybe there was a way to see what he wanted and to make sure they had a better chance at success.

"Do you think that you could get me a spot at the table?" James asked him as the idea was forming in his head.

"Are you fucking serious?" Richard asked him, surprised.

"I've played a lot of poker. I'm pretty good," he told him. "and two people at the table will also help our odds."

Richard didn't answer for a few moments, "Hmmmm, that's not bad, James, not bad. You sure about this? Like I said, it's $15,000 minimum just to get in the game."

"Lucky for us, I recently came into a little extra cash," James answered. He knew that Sophie wouldn't like the idea of gambling the money they had gotten at her expense, but it could turn their nest egg into a fortune.

Richard liked that and let out a hearty laugh. "If you can get Sophie to agree, I can get you into the game. We're going to hustle those motherfuckers and they'll thank me afterward for bringing Sophie to the game."

"I'll talk to her. And Richard, we split our winnings fifty-fifty," James told him.

"Look at you driving a hard bargain. Deal, but you better pay attention to the game and not your wife. And those guys can't know that she's your wife. Too much money at stake."

"Okay, that makes sense. When is the game?" James asked. He had no idea how he would broach the subject with Sophie or convince her to do this, but he would have to figure it out.

"Next weekend. Saturday night. It'll start at 8 pm. I'll text you the address. Let me know when Sophie is on board and I'll find her something to wear that'll really keep these guys' eyes on her," Richard told him and then hung up.

James took the phone from his ear and walked back to the living room and took his spot by his wife. She looked up from her book. "Who was that?" she asked.

"Um, just Terry because she's going to be out tomorrow and wanted to be sure I could check in on her substitute to make sure the kids were behaving," he said with a little guilt at his lie. He couldn't very well tell her it was Richard who had just called him to proposition using his wife's looks again.

"Oh, okay. Well, hopefully, they'll behave tomorrow," Sophie said as her attention turned back to her book. James looked at his wife in her casual shorts and sweatshirt, his mind filled with fantastic scenarios of things to come.

--------------------

James watched his wife, weighing Richard's words from earlier in the week. She was truly gorgeous and he had to admit if anyone could distract a group of older men, it would be her. They had taken Lucy out to the park to let her run around off the leash while they enjoyed the picnic that Sophie had packed for them.

So far the weather had turned out perfect for them to enjoy their Saturday. He was sitting in the shade of the trees while Sophie ran back and forth, Lucy chasing her playfully. He watched his wife and he thought about how he could bring up the idea that Richard had broached with him. She had seen right through him a month ago when he had tried to talk to her about Richard's final offer and he imagined that she would again this time if he tried to hide his real feelings.

But then again, how exactly do you tell your wife that you want her to dress up and distract a group of men because it turns you on? He shook his head to himself. His feelings had gone back and forth over the last few days as he wondered if it was a mistake to go down this road again or if he should just be honest with Sophie. He knew how it had escalated last time without any plans for more than just going to a cocktail party, but this time they would be prepared.

His young wife trotted back over to him with their dog trailing behind her. "The weather is perfect today," she said as she approached. "It feels so good out."

"I'm just glad you had such a great idea," he told her as he stretched his arms up in the air and yawned.

"Awh, well you should know I am full of those," she answered with a playful smile. She sat down beside him and he leaned over and kissed her on the cheek.

"I have a few good ideas for today of my own," he told her with a suggestive tone.

"Is that right?" she asked back with a flirty tone.

"Yeah, I was thinking maybe that thing you usually only do on our anniversary or my birthday," he said as his hand squeezed her upper thigh.

"I don't think I'm going to have much luck getting pregnant doing that," she laughed at him as she pushed him away.

"I think I can manage a few rounds if you're up for it," he joked with her.

"Oh my gosh, James," she laughed. "Get your mind out of the gutter." James liked Sophie's playfulness and decided to lean into the sexual nature to try to find an opening to talk about Richard and the poker game.