All Comments on 'The Pride of a Slave'

by StormHerald

Sort by:
  • 86 Comments
somalunasomalunaabout 12 years ago
Wow!

I have grown to really like your writing and I am enthralled to see where these characters take us. In a way, your story reminds me of 'The Giver'... one of my favorite novels. If I could offer one suggestion, the transitions are a little fuzzy. I kind of lost track of the progression of time. Not a major deal, I'm just the kind of reader who likes to become immersed in the details. Can't wait for the next part! And thank you for writing this =)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
amazing story

i really enjoyed this story. i got so into it it almost felt real. thank you for writting and please go on i would luv to hear more about what happens with Sera

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Smashing!

You, StormHerald, have definitely & swiftly become one of my favourite authors! Not just on this site either! I am incredibly happy that you posted a new adventure so soon after Courting A Vampire which of course, I loved too! Just a few minor grammatical mistakes that interrupted the flow for a brief nano second. Wish I could help by telling you what they were, but the only specifics I can recall are all character & plot related!

What a mesmerizing submission! Thank you for the time you spent creating this captivating world! Great twist! My only question -- when's the next fabulous chapter?!

K.Veracious

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow!

I totally adore this story! I can't wait for the next part!

Amazing story. Thank you!

lilwolfspiritlilwolfspiritabout 12 years ago
Can't wait to read more, Excellent start.

Keep up the awesome work and can't wait to read more.

Donna

NicoleAmyNicoleAmyabout 12 years ago
Love Love Love!!

I love it! Your writing is amazing. I loved Courting a Vampire, and if this is anything to go by - Im going to love this story as well. Excited to see where Sera, Dimitri and Ryder end up, and i cant wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WOW!

WOW! This is great.

Can't wait for the next parts.

Wonder when she will meet her guy... was rooting for Dimitri, but not sure where you are heading...you keep me guessing.

Thanks.

foxy_lady76foxy_lady76about 12 years ago
LOVE IT!

Can't wait until the next chapter to see what come of the three friends.

catman71catman71about 12 years ago
i take it s a prequel

so how it goes should be interesting, hope to see more soon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Late nights again.

I was just catching up with my sleep after staying up late waiting for your updates to Courting A Vampire, and now I will be staying up late again waiting for the next chapters of this new imaginative and entertaining story from you.

Yves

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love it!

I for some reason think she is either to be the wife of one of the boys or be the leader of the administration. Only thing is that the human males are very sexist (expected) and I'd she is to be with one of them, they will fight over her. I can't wait to see where this leads to. <3

-123udontknowme

TirithIreTirithIreabout 12 years ago
Excellent Read

An Excellent Intro, one I look forwards to seeing more of. You have captured the feelings of the characters very well, and this makes me want to read your other story, so well done sir/ ma'am.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fabulous

Absolutely great start. I loved Courting a vampire, and I'm really glad I started to read this new story of yours. I'm already in love with your characters and by the next chapter I'll probably be hopelessly addicted to this new story.

Thanks for sharing!

cariebearcariebearabout 12 years ago
oh my

I really hope your posting tonight I am going to love reading this almost as much as the last story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I loved the plot of to court a vampire but you have excelled in this new story.

you should be exceptionally proud of this piece of work, its an immensely enjoyable read and quite addictive.

I really cant wait to see what comes next.

ShadowsungShadowsungabout 12 years ago
Loved It!

Such a well written piece of work! It drew me in and kept me there completely until the end! Waiting with baited breath for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I am very impressed by this story. Great job so far. I hope it doesn't end up quite so angsty as Court. I want to see a happy ending with lots of vamp, human, were sandwich sexy goodness! i love how you have shaped each characters personality and made them come alive. Stalking your profile to read the next chapter!!! And the length was EXCELLENT! Way to go : )

faq52faq52about 12 years ago
please get an editor.

this is littered with dozens of punctuation errors, spelling errors/incorrect words, and grammar issues.

MizTMizTabout 12 years ago
NOT A SINGLE COMPLAINT

But then again I never had a single complaint on CAV. But with this story you have far outdone yourself. I love the 2 future leaders being held at bay from one another thanks to a human slave. But not just any human slave, there is something about Sera you aren't telling us. At least that's what I think.

I can't wait for the next chapter and am really glad you didn't take a break after finishing your first series but rather jumped in w/this story. Just keep it coming!!!

kelleigh0127kelleigh0127about 12 years ago
Simply Wonderful

I so much love this story just as I did your other story. You did give us what we all wanted and in grand style... You Gave Us Length! I can't wait til the next chapter of this comes out. I want to see where Di goes with this slave thing and will he continue to announce Sera as a Slave and not what he's called her in the past... Sister. That was like cold water being thrown on me but Sera took it in stride.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
WOW

Need I say more.....................

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
love this story

I loved the first one i came across it one day and read the whole thing and i love this one too. Ryder reminds me of a guy i went to high school with and started to laugh out loud when i was reading, i can not wait to find out what happens and what the dad has planned because he as something. Also don't give to much listen to people who feel the need to complain about punctuation when they themselves have not written anything. keep up the good works can not wait to read what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Get an editor, the amount of errors, being punctuation, grammar, misspelled words and completely wrong words and words that just shouldn't be in the sentence are distracting.

Linnea10Linnea10about 12 years ago
Beautiful!

I was way too engrossed in this amazing story to notice even a single grammatical error. Such a wonderful flow to the writing which held me to the end even though I was meant to be doing other things :)

Eagerly waiting for the next installment.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 12 years ago
Some trolls use this

as a way to bash other person's writing, when they really have no other comment to make.

Sounds like jealousy to me in many cases, over the fact that they can not or will not write as story that others might enjoy. Or, If you won't play by my rules I will take my balls and go home.

Other times they are correct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Fantastic start

Love this new saga of yours. I was so engrossed in the story,I didn't notice the errors.

Well done. I hope you post daily as you did with courting a Vampire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Your writing is getting better and better

Loved Courting a Vamp, but this one shows even more promise.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
ignore the jerks

ur writing is awesome dont worry about negative comments. luv ur story keep writing daily with the same length

sirraliasirraliaabout 12 years ago

Wow. Another great story. I love the strong chracters you come up with. I can't wait for the next chapter. Oh yah loving the length. Lol.

SweetGaspsSweetGaspsabout 12 years ago
I want more.

And more.

The story length and characters were perfect. Don't listen to all the bitching and moaning. I love the story already. Looking forward to an equally awesome Chapter 2!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hmmmm

Plot: Interesting, although it wasn't as original as I expected it to be. A Cinderella story, set up in an alternate universe of vampires, wolves and humans with a caste system; but the beautiful girl with a perfect body is no damsel in distress.

Characters: She is a slave girl, who conveniently has future leaders as best friends - both having contrasting personalities (a serious but caring vamp and a sanguine yet protective wolf), making it possible for her break through the limitations or boundaries brought about the unjust social hierarchy. As the heroine of this story, she will bring about or spark a change that would shake the different kingdoms to its core. She is confident, courageous, a fighter and stubborn. You have a good mix of characters.

Exposition: I commend you for the length. I like how you created this alternate world and even set up rules on how society works - very creative, indeed.

Spelling and Grammar: Maybe you should get another editor, for he/she missed a lot of basic mistakes e.g. an blue eyes, insure instead of ensure ( to “ensure” that something happens is to make certain that it does, and to “insure” is to issue an insurance policy), "I was getting winded and they were fresh" (wounded?), etc.

Point of View: Hmmm, try to be consistent. If you write it in first person POV, write it in first all through-out. But it can't be helped because there are scenes wherein your main character is not present e.g. the scene of Victor, Isadorre and Mariah. I suggest you use third person limited POV all throughout. Or use first person still, but through the pov of another person, let's say Isadorre, for the particular scene. I believe you are good enough to show us readers who is speaking without blatantly labelling each part as "Isadorre's POV" or "Sera's POV"

Rating: 3 stars

AhzureDragonAhzureDragonabout 12 years ago
Wow

I really like this story. I think you have a good base so far and look forward to how it turns out. I have my ideas of how I would love to see it go. And will be happy to see what route you take with so many options at hand. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

A well executed beginning.

I am looking forward to continuation.

Respectively

~Hellkite

claireacquiredclaireacquiredabout 12 years ago
Stunning.

What a magnificent story! You have an incredible tale shaping up here. So unique...riveting. I will be anxiously awaiting your next chapter. Sera is definitely more than she appears to be. The parents have some sort of plan for her that the boys don't yet know about. Can't wait for more. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great

I liked your earlier story but this one is shaping up to be amazing. Keep writing and I'll keep reading. Thanks.

ladymareladymareabout 12 years ago
Wow!!

I just joined this site so I could follow this story. Holy cow I'm so hooked! You are a great writer!

defiantbutterflydefiantbutterflyabout 12 years ago
can't get enough...

Damn Storm - I don't know what it is but I love your writing. You drew me in with "Courting a Vampire" but this is even better. I loved the long chapter and can't wait for more...

JensensloverJensensloverabout 12 years ago

I agree with you needing an editor, I hated CAV because you left too many things left unanswered, I hope I'm not going to waste time reading another story like that. So far I like this, apart from editing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
enrapturing story

a very nice blend of fast pace, char n plot development. im going to read it again now :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Amazing

The characters all sound like someone from Courting a Vampire.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
@Anonymous "Hmmmm"

No, she really did mean "winded"... She'd been running for quite a while and was having difficulty breathing normally because of the exertion, while those boys had simply been laying in wait and had no such breathing issues.

@StormHerald: I very much enjoyed this chapter and look forward to more. I only hope you won't leave us hanging with too many unanswered questions like with your other story. I'd love to see you go back and "finish" Courting a Vampire one day.

As for grammar/spelling/etc. ... I've read stories half the length of yours that had been "edited" and submitted with over ten times the mistakes your story has. A GOOD editor would be a boon to any author, but the trouble is in actually finding one. I wish you luck. In the meantime I would suggest simply running it through a program like Word to pick up the more obvious errors.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great job!

This is a great story -- very compelling. A couple of questions: Why was Dmitri the crown prince (i.e. put in with Ryder) if he originally had an older brother? And why was Sera the only child of her mother's if mated pairs are supposed to have one kid a year? Is it just that she was the first child?

cutie4x8cutie4x8about 12 years ago
Wow

Okay. This is amazing! Better than your other story! I can't wait to continue reading!

asunalanasunalanabout 12 years ago
@Anonumous "Great job"

please reread the story, Di's brother's dead. and Sera father was killed soon after their mating, seem by those greedy Admins.

This is truly an amazing story.! i love it.!

Still, what is Sera feeling for her 2 friends?bff?or more than that?seem like there's still long way to go if you ever consider to Sera and those 2 boys to fall in love.

Cant wait for next issues!!

FaeezahFaeezahabout 12 years ago
I'm so glad I decided to read this.

Soo good! I hope to see more.

BikiloveBikiloveabout 12 years ago
This is great!

I thought I liked Courting a Vampire, but I am really liking this story well. Please keep going. Although I understood your reasoning for wantng to end Courting a vampire please dont let this story go as you did with that one. I am loving it so far!Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Book Worthy

This is really good, I like that the way your vampires and werewolves came about. It's different and refreshing. If this were a book, I would definitely buy it. Can't wait for the second chapter.

ArieluArieluabout 12 years ago
This broke my heart when I read Di response

I really really love this story and the care you have taken with the characters. I hope Sera gets to make the boy suffer ... It's only fare. Please update soon.. Crying reading this.. It's so damn good

XxEarBudsxXXxEarBudsxXabout 12 years ago
Thank you

This first chapter pulled at my heart strings. It made me laugh, cry, and wonder exactly where it was headed. If you ever need another editor or even a proof reader I would love to help! Waiting on the next chapter as patiently as I can.

Sox_lover05Sox_lover05about 12 years ago
Love this story but...

Please don't make this open ended like you did with Courting a Vampire. I can't stand open ended stories and I feel this will be a great series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Your writing is excellent

I find myself disappointed that you only have one chapter in this story. This is book worthy stuff, but it would need professional copy editing for mass publication (And probably back revision once you have more chapters done). Also, where is the porn (sorry for being crass)? I'm curious if this will turn into a fantasy/masturbation piece, or maybe a peeping Thomisina, or maybe a brutal power exchange thing. You could go lots of ways and make it work, maybe even do all of that and more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

Please continue on with this story line. You have a real Winner here.

aestrongaestrongabout 12 years ago
This story is wonderful

Simply can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
will there be more soon? :)

great start and first chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
LoVe`

Cannot wait until next Chapter! Please be soon :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Love it to death

Possibly the best story I've read so far. Please continue with this plot line it's amazing. At the end of this with the main character hearing what she just heard could you play on that pretty please. But continue with this best you've written so far can't wait for the rest

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I'm soo intriguedd ...

this story definitely caught my attention. :) it's different from how the world of werewolves, humans, and vampires are viewed. can't wait for more. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great stuff!

Excellent stuff, this is a really enjoyable read and I look forward to reading more!

You have some fantastic characters here - I was so interested in them that, I must say, my heart just dropped when I heard Dimitri talk down about Sera to the girl he brought home. More soon please!

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 12 years ago
Very good start!

I'm excited to see there is another chapter posted. Don't worry if you can't keep up with the long chapters. Just try to get at least 2 pages and post regularly. No one can complain about that!

Paran01dParan01dabout 12 years ago
Awesome!

Please continue it's a great read, love the characters and plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
If only there was 6 stars

No sex but Absolutly Great story - More ASAP please!

mich28mich28about 12 years ago

I love this story! It has completely sucked me in and left me wanting to know what happens next. I also loved your previous courting the prince series, but i think this one will be even better. Can't wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow, you take my breath away

What an introduction! You have me hooked, which is definitely something to say. I tend to exit out of stories the moment I see grammatical errors. Good job at making me stay!

The story definitely sounds promising. I do only hope you will start to use apostrophes more often.

SinSxPerfectionSinSxPerfectionabout 12 years ago
simply amazing

Good start. I can't wait to read the rest. =)

SjimmSjimmabout 12 years ago
loving it!

so looking forward to reading the rest. loving the originality and background story already.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
My husband hates your stories...

They suck me in SO badly and he's feeling left out! Keep them coming! :)

tanilctanilcabout 12 years ago
great start

the first chapter was amazing, i cant wait to read the rest, althought i didnt really like di calling sera his slave. more please.

canndcanndabout 12 years ago
Amazing

A rich and interesting story. The characters and storyline are intriguing. I can't wait for more!!! I really can't wait to see what Victor's hopes for Sera are. Di confuses me. I think from his actions that he loves her. So, I didn't like Di's answer to the girl he brought home. I felt badly for her to be spoken of like that. I really like Izadora. The only thing that didn't make sense to me was that the boys would leave her alone on the night her mom died. If they were that close, I couldn't imagine they'd do that.

19Kitten1919Kitten19about 12 years ago
Lovin' it!

Enough said!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
i have to agree with LOVING IT

It totally has my undivided attention........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
PLEASE

Please tell me this is not the one you mentioned at the end of Courting a Vampire??????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Wow...

I started this expecting a good read, but this blew my mind! You give each character a life and story, and every scene plays out perfectly! This honestly one of the best things I've read in awhile!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Awesome

I love finding a story like this here. It's soooooo good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

I love this story. It tugs at my heart in the very best way. Plus, I love stories with a good build up. -DC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
love it

It is a story not simply sex. They are hard to find but it is why i love this site, thanks!

Chaka22Chaka22almost 11 years ago
Sweet start

I love the background and character building. I smiled while I read the first chapter. Your story truly is a gem. Thanks

WereLover171WereLover171almost 11 years ago
OMG

This is so amazing it scary. I actually shed a few tears on the 3 page! I have fallen in love :3 <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
excellent start

Excellent start!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
tears of happiness

First time I cried from happiness, followed of course by tears of fear. Emotional investment is a sign of good everything.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

LOVE this so far! I hope this story is finished!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

Wow! This story is off and running - I could not put it down. Loved this -- you are off to a teriffic start. Keep up the great work and I promise to keep reading your stories. Cannot wait for the next part. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lit if not erotic

Certainly far from erotic, and yet quite a good piece of literature. I look forward to there being some form of deeper relationship soon.

JT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Publish this now!

A fantastic story!!! Literary genius!

tiercenpttiercenptabout 3 years ago

wow I rarely read a beginning to a story this good...even from "professional/published" writers/authors. I only burn to read more. AND I hope you have an actual ending not like others in "NonHuman" Category leaving their story somewhere in nowhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well well well! I REALLY hope this series carries till the end, as this beginning is excellent! Don't even care if it ends up being sexually explicit at some point or not.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Warning!

This story is good but it takes a long time to get to the sexy stuff and it wasn't ever finished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous