The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 05

Story Info
In the North, a trader tells of a strange encounter.
923 words
4.63
4.5k
1
0

Part 5 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 5 - The Tribes of the North

Ostin, Elder of the Vishari and advisor to King Alfard of the Northern Tribes, looked at his chief scribe Angher and sighed. He had spent the entire day granting audience to tribespeople on behalf of the King - an important role which he conducted with great care, but which he nevertheless found tiresome. Disputes over the ownership of livestock, arguments over broken promises, an appeal for the King to contribute to the rebuilding of a fire-damaged village hall - Ostin had listened intently to each speaker and arrived at just and fair decisions. But now, with night already upon Vosgir, First Town of the North, he was ready for ale and food.

Angher smiled sympathetically at the Elder, "Just two more."

"I hope they are simple," replied Ostin. "Angher, is that Princess Kasmine at the back of the hall? Bid her come here!"

"Greetings Uncle!" shouted the Princess as she approached the two men.

Ostin was not Kasmine's uncle, although she favored the term as a sign of affection and respect, and he was honored and pleased by it.

"Greeting's to our useless hostage!" he replied.

'Useless hostage' was Ostin's playful name for the Princess. Kasmine, granddaughter of the Old Queen, had been surrendered to King Alfard after his victory at the battle of Tajorg. A mere child at the time, she had been raised as the King's own daughter, as befitting a royal hostage, and she was now considered a true princess of the North. Of course, as any Vosgir historian will remind you, the Old Queen was deposed just a few days after Kasmine's surrender - they could tolerate her cruelty and depravity but not, apparently, her failure to protect the City - and the new regime had little interest in the fate of her granddaughter other than, perhaps, wishing some harm might befall her. But at the Court of King Alfard, Kasmine had grown into a fine young Lady of the North - beautiful and energetic.

"Come, sit with me," said Ostin to the Princess. "You can give me your opinions on these final two audiences."

Angher read from a scroll, "Elder Ostin, the young man who approaches wishes to marry a lady citizen of the City. He seeks the approval of the King."

Ostin frowned. This was the third such case since the new moon. He bade the man speak and listened to him talk at length of his love for the woman and of her love for him. Ostin, bored and dismissive, finally gestured for him to be silent.

"You know that the rite of marriage in the City is a binding contract of slavery, enforceable by law. You will make an oath of obedience and she will be granted ownership of you and may use you as she sees fit."

"This lady is not of that nature," replied the young man. "She is kind and seeks to live her life with me alone in a spirit of love and equality____"

"Indeed," interrupted Ostin, almost sneering. "She has enchanted you. Know that under the Treaty of Tajorg we will respect the laws of the City as they respect ours. If you come running back here, we will return you to her in chains. Go now, I cannot justly refuse your right to marry."

"Then I have the King's blessing?" replied the boy.

"His permission, not his blessing."

As the boy left the audience hall, Ostin turned to Kasmine.

"Well?"

"The woman will enslave him." she replied

"Of course."

"And he knows it," she continued. "But he wishes to be the property of a woman."

Ostin stared at her, "I have heard you say that of many men Princess."

"Perhaps because it is true of many men."

He turned his attention back to Angher.

"Who is this?" he asked, gesturing at the man now approaching.

"A fur trader," replied Angher. "Recently returned from the City. He wishes to speak with you, Elder, and will not discuss the matter with any other."

Ostin greeted the man and listened as he began to speak.

"My Lord, some days ago in the East Quarter of the City, at the Apothecary, I saw there was a priestess with two slaves."

"Temple boys." said Ostin

"Indeed, Temple boys," replied the fur trader. "By day they toil in the Temple complex, and by night they satisfy the whims of the priestesses____"

"Yes, very well, I know what Temple boys are. But what of it?"

"One of them looked like the King! Young, but with the King's eyes, with his countenance!"

Ostin laughed, "Is that it? And I have a dog that looks like King Osta of the South. Listen to me, trader, there are no Sons of the North in the Temple. Neither are our girls taken to be priestesses for their false Goddess. The Treaty forbids it! You did the right thing by coming to me, but many people are similar of face and I fear it means nothing. Angher, make sure this man is given ale and food! I declare this Day of Audience over."

The trader began to turn away, muttering some final words.

"Wait! What was that?" said Ostin.

"I spoke to him," said the trader. "I spoke to him in our language, not that of the City. I said, 'May Wodh go with you, and he replied, 'And with you.'"

Ostin, who had begun rising to leave the hall, sat once again in his chair.

"Well trader. Now you have my attention."