The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 15

Story Info
Four funerals and a coronation.
2.2k words
4.8
3.3k
00

Part 15 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

15 - The Coronation

Zantina was crowned Queen that afternoon in the Citadel's Hall of Wodh before an assembly of courtiers, clerics, foreign emissaries and representatives from each of the Eastern Kingdom's larger towns and villages. Nobles from many southern regions were present, along with an ambassador from a land much further to the east, unknown to the visitors from the north.

"That eastern fellow," whispered Peto to Kasmine and Taneric as they stood in the congregation, waiting for the ceremony to begin, "I have never seen his like before. His face, manner and dress are strange to me. We must talk with him before we leave here."

Taneric asked Peto why the City had not sent a priestess and was reminded of the distance, "They may have received word of the King's death by now, but would not have been able to get here in time for his daughter's crowning. Perhaps later they will send an emissary to meet with the Queen; a senior lady citizen or one of your priestesses."

"I hope it is the latter," Kasmine interjected, smirking. "I would imagine you will be a topic of conversation Taneric. Ladies enjoy comparing their experiences."

Taneric blushed. He had earlier described his encounter with Zantina to his companions, Peto responding with dismay, Kasmine with delight.

Annoyed by Kasmine's teasing, Taneric exclaimed, a little too loudly, "I told you I did not lie with her!" His companions shushed him, for there were many others standing closely around them in the congregation.

"No, but you allowed her to inspect you like a prize bull!" whispered Kasmine.

"It does no harm for Zantina to like me," replied Taneric, more quietly. "As it does no harm that she likes you also Princess Kasmine."

But before she could reply, the playing of music began and the coronation party entered; Zantina, her tigers beside her as usual, the Archpriest of the Eastern Kingdom, and an honour guard led by Harl. A warrior carried an ornate red cushion upon which sat the royal crown, lately worn by the now dead King Charton. The group entered from the rear of the hall and walked the aisle between those gathered as witnesses. Taneric, once again, was struck by Zantina's grace and beauty, and by her composure, for one so young. She wore a long white gown, trimmed with fur, and a large band of jewels around her neck. She was a most exotic sight; the more so for the presence of the large cats at her side.

When she was seated on the throne facing the congregation before the Altar of Wodh, the music ceased and the Archpriest began to speak. His words mourned the passing of King Charton and praised his daughter, Zantina, the Queen to be. And then he began to lead her in the swearing of oaths. Taneric listened carefully as Zantina swore to uphold the name of Wodh, and to apply justice in a fair manner in her realm. And there were other oaths, relating to the priesthood, the warrior class and the aristocracy. Peto had earlier told Taneric that the ceremony was very similar to that used in the North. But, as the Archpriest finished leading the oaths and turned towards the cushion holding the royal crown, Zantina stood and held up her hand to stop him, causing murmurs of surprise in the hall.

"I furthermore swear before Wodh that I will defend each and every subject of my Kingdom from any foreign power or person that would cause them harm, steal from them, or deprive them of their freedom."

She sat again on the throne and bade the Archpriest continue. Taneric glanced sideways at the Cargian ambassador, Prin, and noted his grim expression and clenched jaw. But now there was little left of the ceremony save for the final act, and the crown was lifted and placed upon Zantina's head to a crescendo of music. A choir sang praises for the new Queen from a raised platform to one side of the hall. And then, as she sat on the throne, the crown on her head, the congregation filed past her one by one, each exchanging a few words. When it was Taneric's turn she reached out for him and pulled him close so that she could whisper in his ear, "I will need your help Prince Taneric. Do not abandon me, for the sake of all our peoples!". Taneric was not sure what she meant, but he smiled and nodded before moving on.

****

In the evening a banquet was held in the great hall of the Citadel. A sumptuous feast had been prepared and there was wild hak swine, venison, rare fruits, ale and wine. Taneric was seated on the Queen's right, as she had promised, with Kasmine beside him and then Peto. On the Queen's left was placed Prin, sullen and quiet, with Harl seated next to him. Zantina, in good spirits, spent her time conversing with Taneric and together they fed pieces of meat to her tigers, which took turns to beg, putting their heads between the two of them. Kasmine also made merry, petting the tigers and joining the Queen in teasing Taneric; a game which seemed to please both ladies very much.

"Taneric," said Queen Zantina, "I was chatting with dear Kasmine earlier and she mentioned the priestesses make use of special couches to restrain their boys while they take pleasure from them. I simply must have one! Where do they come from?"

Taneric sighed, "Well, they are sold in certain establishments in the City."

"Excellent, I shall send Harl to fetch one in the spring when the snow is gone. The proprietress can measure him up, as he will likely be the first boy I enjoy when it arrives."

"There is no need for measurements, your Majesty," replied Taneric. "The couches are adjustable."

"Ah ha! I wondered if Harl was more to you than simply Captain of the Castle Guard." said Kasmine provocatively.

"Oh yes, he is my favorite plaything! But do not get the wrong idea, Princess! He is a man I rely upon; utterly loyal to me, as I am to him. He offers me friendship and advice. He is to me, I suspect, as Peto is to you."

Kasmine blushed, "You are perceptive Zantina."

The Queen once again turned her attention to teasing Taneric.

"Tell me, Tak," she asked. "Do you ever miss the thrill of being the property of a woman?"

"Oh, I am sure that he does," interjected Kasmine, before Taneric could reply. "But I have told him he is to come to me when he feels the need to submit, which I expect will be often. We can't have you crawling to the Temple trying to get back in, can we Tak?"

And so the gentle to and fro continued, with only Peto seeming somewhat reserved. When he had an opportunity he whispered in Kasmine's ear, "Stay alert, something disturbs me here but I cannot put a name to it. Tell Taneric also!"

When they had finished eating, the gathering was entertained by jugglers, jesters and acrobats, and there was much laughter and good cheer among those present. It was at this time that the Cargian ambassador finally began to speak to Queen Zantina. At first, Taneric could not discern their conversation above the noise of the entertainment, but as Prin grew increasingly agitated he heard some words; '....our arrangement....payments....not acceptable!...'. Finally, Prin stood and said loudly, "Why do you waste time on this northern imbecile, he is little more than a slave! And why have you not released the four Cargians you hold in the Guardhouse?"

Taneric began to rise, but Queen Zantina placed a hand on his shoulder and bade him stay seated, "Taneric, this is my court, allow me to deal with this."

She clapped her hands and waved the entertainers from the hall. All eyes were fixed on her as she stood and turned on Prin in rage.

"How dare you insult my most honoured guest! You despise him because he is kind by nature while you are cruel, he is brave while you are a coward, he is amusing while you are a dullard, and he is handsome while you are ugly. And as for your fellow slavers, I have indeed released them, in a manner! For now all the worries of the World are gone from them, although their path was not gentle! I have saved this entertainment especially for you Prin. Look through the window behind you, look out upon the courtyard!"

Prin turned to the window directly behind him and stared out. He paled and began to tremble.

Queen Zantina continued, "Ambassador Prin, this will henceforth be the fate of all Cargian slavers found within the lands of the Eastern Kingdom. Do not fear - you shall not be sharing their fate on this night, but you should understand that your status as ambassador is all that saves you. You will be taken from the Citadel tonight under guard and transported to our southern border where you will be released. When you reach your homeland, you shall bear witness to the events of this day. The quarters of the four slavers will be hung at bridges along the Detz as a warning to all who pass. My subjects, no matter how lowly, shall no longer be harmed."

Harl beckoned to two of his Guardsmen, "Take him away!" And then, addressing the hall, he said simply, "The banquet is over!"

****

Peto, Taneric and Kasmine were among the last to depart the hall. Queen Zantina sat in her chair, exhausted, and barely spoke as they took their leave. Looking back, Taneric saw Harl gather her gently in his arms and carry her towards the side door, the tigers padding calmly after him.

"It is no small thing to order the dispatch of four men in such a manner," remarked Peto. "But she is strong. And she is right. And Harl is her rock."

Upon exiting the hall, the three decided to take some air but were reluctant to enter the courtyard. Instead they found a route up to the Castle ramparts which afforded them a view of the King's Guard camping on the plain below. They discovered the emissary from the unknown eastern land already standing atop the walls, watching the camp. As they approached, Peto addressed him, "Greetings my friend, I see we all have the same idea. Did you enjoy the coronation?"

"Well, certainly it was one to remember." replied the man, with a smile. "The removing of mens' guts played no part in coronation celebrations that I attended in the past. My name is Kamhet. I am from the Eastern Kingdom of Ephirum."

"I am Peto, this is Prince Taneric and Princess Kasmine. We are of the Northern Tribes; from the town of Vosgir. Tell me, friend, where is Ephirum?"

"It is distant from here," replied Kamhet. "The journey must be undertaken by ship, sailing from a southern port to avoid the treacherous and wild lands between. And even then, it is a voyage of many many days. I have been here for six moons as a guest of King Charton, and I have visited the City also, and spent time in the south. But in the morning I will leave for my own land, before snow descends upon the countryside."

"Is yours a large Kingdom." asked Peto, with great curiosity.

"Large enough," replied Kamhet, cautiously. "And to our east are further nations, and yet more beyond those."

"You have learned the language of Casbur well," said Peto. "Tell me Kamhet, what is the device that you hold in your mouth and that appears to be on fire?"

Kamhet laughed, "We burn certain herbs in the bowl here, and breathe the smoke. It is pleasurable; relaxing. Please try it."

They passed the device - which Kamhet called a 'pipe' - between them, each drawing in the smoke and coughing.

"It seems to be a sort of suf-herb," said Taneric. "There are hundreds of different kinds. The smoke is not unpleasant." And he took another suck at the pipe.

"My people say the herb is a gift from nature." said Kamhet.

"I like it not." laughed Kasmine, still coughing.

"Its pleasurable effects are considered lesser on the female of the species," he replied. "Just one of its many mysteries."

"Your sword Kamhet, may I see it?" asked Peto.

Kamhet hesitated for a moment, but then withdrew the weapon from its scabbard, passing it to Peto, hilt first. It was not straight and broad, like those of the north, but narrow and with a distinct curve. It was lighter and sharper than any Peto had seen. He noted the quality of the steel and the workmanship, which far exceeded that of even the City's craftsmen. The pommel of the sword was inlaid with colorful stones, and there was an engraving below the guard, in a strange language.

"Keep it," said Kamhet. "In return for yours."

"That is very generous my friend," replied Peto. "As mine is a simple soldier's sword and does not match the beauty or value of this piece."

"Then consider it a gift as much as a trade," replied Kamhet, taking Peto's sword and giving him the curved scabbard. "But your 'soldiers sword' will keep me safe on my journey home. I am glad we met, warriors of the North. I think we shall meet again one day, in Heaven or on the field of battle."

And with that, Kamhet turned and left them.

"An odd remark," said Peto. "Perhaps it is a common saying among his people."

"No," replied Taneric. "I do not think so."