The Priestess and Her Boy Ch. 14

Story Info
Taneric is tested by an exotic foreign queen.
3.7k words
4.37
4.2k
0

Part 14 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

14 - Eastern Promises

Each day, Taneric and his companions travelled further towards the citadel of the Eastern Kingdom. On the third and fourth days, they crossed the Carfah Hills, spending a night in a cave between rock faces. Peto told Taneric that the caves of the hills are considered haunted by tribes of the region, although 'it would take a brave ghost to trouble one hundred men of the King's Guard'. There was little dry wood to make fires, and they shivered against the cold. In the depths of the cave it would be warmer, but darker than any night, so they preferred to lie in the mouth, staring up at the thousands of vivid stars, for the sky was clear and there was little moonlight.

"Peto, Kasmine," said Taneric. "The priestesses believe the World is round, like a ball, and it spins while the stars are forever still. I think I can feel it moving beneath me now."

"I believe I feel it too." replied Kasmine.

Taneric continued, "One night, I served the Priestess of the Library in her bedchamber and afterwards she did not wish to sleep. She took me to a room full of books showing the knowledge of the ancients. That is how I know about the round World. There were pictures of wondrous things; buildings grander even than the Temple, machines to move people from place to place without horses, boats a thousand times larger than any I have ever seen on the southern rivers, remedies that could cure any ailment. And there were descriptions in an ancient language which she translated for me."

"And what happened to these things?" asked Peto.

"She said that men always fight and eventually the masculine destroys everything. I think that was what she said. And that the Goddess is for feminine love, creation and peace. That is why they deposed the Old Queen; for corrupting the message of the Goddess with needless cruelty, warfare and violence. But the Priestess of the Library made me promise never to tell anyone that I had seen the room of ancient knowledge. A promise which I now break."

"Taneric, these priestesses seem kind and loving," said Peto. "And yet they keep slaves; something which, under Wodh, we consider one of the greatest evils."

"She tried to explain it to me. They would enslave all the males of the World if they could, or at least see them enslaved by womenkind. But not only for selfish reasons. Rather because they feel that even the men themselves would be happier, safer and more fulfilled. They believe it is the will of the Goddess, the natural order, and only when that order is in place can there again be machines and medicines and a better life for all."

"It seems to me that being a boy in the Temple is not unpleasant." said Kasmine.

"No, it is not," replied Taneric. "If it is all you know, if you have never been free, then it can seem like paradise. But right now I would rather be a free man shivering here in this cave than lying enslaved next to a warm priestess."

"Well," laughed Peto, "I am not sure I agree with you right at this moment Taneric."

"Neither do I," echoed Kasmine, shivering. "I prefer warm boys, but a warm priestess sounds good right now."

"We should sleep," said Peto. "If we can. Tomorrow we will leave our own lands and enter those of the Eastern Kingdom."

****

The journey continued through the lands of the east. There were many small towns and villages along the way, surrounded by farmland where crops were being harvested and livestock grazed. Taneric noted that the lands seemed prosperous, and travellers they met on the trail were courteous and helpful, speaking a language very similar to that of the northern tribes. In some of the towns and larger villages, there were taverns and other places where they were able to procure ale and supplies.

On the fifth day, the Sons of the North had hoped to reach the citadel of the eastern monarch, but as night drew in, it became clear that they would not. They made camp and rose with the sun the following morning to complete their journey.

"We will arrive in good time for the crowning of the new Queen," said Peto. "If, indeed, the situation has not changed since our journey began."

They broke camp and rode out to the trail, which soon widened to become a road, signifying proximity to the capital of the Kingdom. Close to a farming village, they encountered a small group of travellers heading in the opposite direction; four men mounted and two prisoners roped together on foot. As they approached, they saw that the riders were Cargians and their prisoners were a boy and a girl of the East.

"Little more than children." said Kasmine in disgust, as the groups approached each other.

The Cargians stared at the northern warriors nervously and made gestures of greeting as they tried to pass to the side of the column, but Kasmine put her horse in their way.

"Lady of the North, why do you impede us?" asked one of the men.

Kasmine ignored his question.

"Did you take these youngsters from the village there?" she demanded, pointing.

"Yes. As is our right through agreement with the King. One boy and one girl each year from that village. The boy goes to the City to be sold to a lady, or perhaps to the quarries if none want him. The girl will go to the south. Now, if you will kindly allow us to pass____"

"The King is no longer with us, sir." said Kasmine.

"And what makes you think his daughter is of a different mind?" sneered the Cargian.

Taneric, moved up beside Kasmine to face the man, responding, "And what makes you think she is not? But no matter, you shall accompany us to the Citadel, for it is a mere two hours ride from here. If, as you believe, your ownership of these two is confirmed then you will have scarcely been inconvenienced and you will have our apologies."

The Cargians protested but were in no position to resist and reluctantly fell in with the northern column. Spare horses were brought forward for their prisoners and, within the hour, the Detz River came into view. They could see the Citadel perched on a hilltop beside it and the town of Casbur below on both banks, linked by a bridge. As the column passed through the streets of the town and across the bridge, people came out to stare and wave, and one brave and handsome young townsman rushed to Kasmine and gave her a flower, which she tucked into the top of a boot.

"The people seem friendly enough." said Peto.

As they climbed the slope to approach the open gates of the Citadel, a contingent of warriors emerged to meet them.

"I am Harl of the Castle Guard," said their leader. "Welcome Sons and Daughter of the North. Please enter with a small group and you shall be granted audience with Princess Zantina. I am afraid we cannot accommodate your entire force within the Citadel, but they are welcome to make camp here by the walls or attempt to find lodgings in the town."

Peto turned to Taneric and Kasmine, "We three shall enter with two sergeants. And let us hand over these Cargians without any delay. I will have our men make camp right here, so that they remain close to us."

****

Taneric and his companions were led by Harl through the gates of the Citadel, and then through those of an inner wall, before arriving at the large oak doors of a great hall. Two guards pulled them open and the group was ushered inside, eyes taking time to adjust to the dim light. At the far end of the hall there was a throne placed on a pedestal two-steps high. On the throne sat a girl, dressed in a fine gown and decked with jewels, around her neck, wrists and midriff. Taneric saw that she was beautiful, and of a young age, perhaps similar to his own. She bore a confident, even haughty expression as she stared down at the visitors. But, more remarkable still, were the creatures sitting beside her; one on either side. They were cats of some kind, each as large as a man, a deep reddish orange with black stripes down their sides, paws the size of horses hooves. As the visitors approached, one of the big cats yawned, exposing huge teeth. Taneric noticed that, while each sported an ornate bejeweled leather collar, neither was restrained in any way, and as the Princess stood and descended the steps to meet her guests the cats rose and walked with her, never leaving her side.

"Sunerian Tigers!" whispered Peto to his companions.

The girl stopped before them and spoke.

"Welcome visitors from the North. I am Princess Zantina, soon to be Queen. We are very glad to receive you here in friendship. I see my girls are making you somewhat nervous, please do not be. As long as I am not threatened, Xia and Tori are well behaved and rarely need to be leashed. I wish I could say the same of my men." And she glanced momentarily at Harl.

Peto stepped forward, "Princess, this is Taneric, Son of King Alfard and Prince of the North. And this is Princess Kasmine. I am Peto, Captain of the King's Guard."

Harl introduced a small group of officials and advisors, who were also present in the great hall. He finished with a large man named Prin, the Cargian Ambassador to the Eastern Court. As if reminded, Harl turned to the Princess and said, "The Sons of the North brought in four Cargians they found near the Citadel, taking slaves from a village. I have them in the Guardhouse for the moment."

Prin immediately stepped forward.

"My Princess, these men must be released and allowed to go on their way, and their catch must be returned to them. They were acting in accordance with the law."

"Prin, be silent!," shouted Princess Zantina. "I have grown tired of your voice over recent days. The matter can wait. As you can see I have guests, better behaved than you, who warrant my full attention. I do not wish to hear you speak again until after I am crowned, and then you will call me 'Majesty' and kneel before me each time."

She turned back to face her guests, "I apologise for the behaviour of this man. I expect you see very few Cargians in the North."

"None, Princess," replied Kasmine. "The last were hung from trees at the Southern Pass ten summers ago, as an example to any that would follow." She glared at Prin, " But they are by nature cowards and do not trouble us now."

Prin's face darkened, but he held his tongue.

"This is why the King prefers that I do the diplomacy." whispered Peto to Taneric.

But Princess Zantina clapped her hands in delight at Kasmine's words and laughed out loud.

"Grandaughter of the Old Queen made Princess of the North, I think we shall be friends! But we shall talk more at the banquet after this afternoon's ceremony. For now, I will take Prince Taneric for a walk around the Castle in private, for I wish to get to know him. All others are dismissed."

Peto leaned into Taneric and whispered urgently, "She will try to impose her will on you, do not let her but do not be impolite, and make no agreements and, Taneric, do not lie with her!"

"Calm yourself Peto," replied Taneric. "I am not a fool."

As the others left the great hall by its main doors, Zantina beckoned to Taneric and took him to a door at the side.

"You must walk ahead of me Taneric. My girls get nervous if someone is behind. I will direct you as we go."

As they walked, she asked him, "Kasmine; is she intended for you?"

"Oh, I think Kasmine alone will decide who she is intended for." he replied.

"Go left and enter the second door!"

Taneric obeyed, but then turned to the Princess and said, "But this is your bedchamber."

She entered behind him, her presence and that of her cats causing him to back deeper into the room.

"Of course." she said.

****

Princess Zantina closed her bedchamber door and approached Taneric. The big cats accompanied her, as usual, one on each side, eyes fixed on the northern Prince.

"You have never seen Sunerian tigers before, have you Taneric? They come from a land far to the south, across the southern sea. I visited it with my father when I was young and the King there gave me these two as a gift. Of course, they were just kittens then. I had no idea how big they would grow."

The cats rubbed their heads against her, until she reached down to pet them.

"I know nothing of tigers, Princess, but I have heard tales of Sunerian badgers." answered Taneric, unable to think of anything else to say.

"Ha! Yes. Such creatures would make a fine snack for my girls," she replied. "Taneric, I think you should make friends with them. I should warn you that if you do not, you cannot consider yourself safe alone with me in this room!"

He noted that she did not tell him how to make friends. It was a test, of course, and he sensed that there was real danger, but he did not know if it lay in the big cats or in the Princess. He crouched down on his haunches and called to the cats by name. One stayed by her Mistress's side, but the other edged forward, lowering herself and roaring.

"Xia, be nice!" shouted Zantina, with some urgency.

The cat continued to edge forward towards Taneric, until it was within his reach. The roar had diminished to a persistent growl. Slowly, he reached out his hand as if to pet the creature on the top of the head. But the tiger pulled back and sniffed the outstretched hand instead, and then snarled, showing her teeth. Taneric retracted his arm quickly and the tiger took two short steps forward, before raising herself and placing a fore-paw on each of his shoulders. He felt the weight of the beast's upper half bearing down upon him.

"Taneric!," shouted Zantina, alarmed, "Do not let her overwhelm you!"

With all his strength, he raised himself upright, so that he was again taller than the cat, which kept her paws on him. But now the growling stopped and Taneric reached out for the cat's head with a hand on either side, stroking the sumptuous fur. He moved his face forward towards hers and was rewarded with a lick. The other cat now moved to him, nudging his leg, awaiting her turn to be petted.

"They like you Taneric," said Zantina. "You can have no idea how rare that is, for a male. I have had boys leave my room before with hands hanging, almost severed from their arms. But I can see that, like me, you are good with animals. I much prefer them to people, Taneric."

"I worked on a farm for many years." said Taneric

"Yes, I know," replied Zantina. "Xia, Tori, leave him now! He is mine!"

She shooed the cats away, taking their place in front of him. Casually, she began unbuttoning his clothing as she continued to talk.

"I know a great deal about you Taneric, or should I call you Tak? Which do you prefer? We have people in the City, and in the lands of the North, and in all the lands around. As, no doubt, do you. So, yes, I know all about your enslavement and your labour in the gardens of the Temple. The hard work has clearly made you into a fine, strong young man."

By now she had his upper body free of clothes and was working on the lower.

"I saw a priestess with two Temple boys once Taneric, many years ago during a visit to the City. I recall noticing that she was so small and the boys so big. Each was more than twice her size. And yet they obeyed her with such enthusiasm, and rushed to serve her in any way they could. I was very curious, Tak, because I too am small, and I too like boys to be big and strong, and I too wish to be obeyed. And I wondered; how can she demand such obedience with just a little cane that we would consider a toy in the East. Can you tell me Taneric?"

"The boys fear the Goddess." said Taneric, but his voice lacked conviction.

"Interesting. Do you believe in the Goddess?"

It was a question he had never been asked so directly before. He paused, but eventually said, "No Princess, I do not."

"Interesting," she said again. "Step out of these Taneric, let me see you fully naked. There, that's better! So, it cannot be fear of a little cane, or fear of a non-existent Goddess, or love of the priestesses themselves, for I'll warrant that only some of them are lovable. So, what is it? Why does a boy who shows no fear before my Xia and Tori, crawl before a pretty Priestess holding a small stick? And why does he not simply leave the Temple and the City and walk north? There are no locked gates, are there? I do not know the answer, and neither do you, do you Taneric? And I believe that is part of the magic, for if a Temple boy understood the spell that has been cast upon him then perhaps it would no longer be effective. I will understand it one day, but for the moment my best way of securing obedience will be through fear. And we will talk of that in a moment."

She circled him, placing hands on him to feel the firmness of his back, rump, thighs, chest and arms.

"My position here is weak Taneric. The Castle Guards are loyal to me, but they number only fifty. My father was hated, for good reason, and he feared me - again for good reason. As a result, I have been hidden away from the world these last three summers. I am understandably viewed with suspicion by the people. Nevertheless, the Castle is secure and I shall be crowned Queen this afternoon. I am advised, by counsellors inherited from my father, that a demonstration of power is required. Something to instill fear into those who would oppose me. What is your opinion Taneric?"

She had wrapped her arms around him from behind, hugging him and resting her cheek upon his back.

"The Sons of the North love my father because he defends their freedom. He has no need to rely on fear."

"Well yes, Taneric. You should have been there to share your wisdom when we discussed the matter. And you would have heard my advisors suggest I have you killed, very slowly and very publicly, thereby demonstrating that I am to be feared and, at the same time, uniting my people in the cause of a war with the North, which would inevitably follow. I did give the matter some consideration, but now there is the issue of the small army you have camped outside, and the fact that my girls would never forgive me, and the fact that I would rather like to keep you. Oh, and the fact that my counsellors are corrupt fools who believe I am as idiotic as they are. They are in the pockets of the Cargians, who would benefit greatly from war, or chaos of any kind. But what you said about your father defending the freedom of his people does give me an idea. And in a perverse way it is not so far removed from the suggestions of my advisors."

Princess Zantina released him from the hug and walked around to face him. As she stared into his eyes, it dawned on him, for the first time, that she was highly aroused. She let some moments pass without speaking and then reached for his sex with her hand, but he blocked it, clamping her wrist. Over on her bed, the big cats stirred, watching intently, but they did not approach.

"You go too far Princess!" said Taneric.

For a brief moment she appeared shocked, but recovered her composure quickly.

"So, the slave bites!," she taunted. "I wondered how far you would let me go. I was about to order you to your knees and, after that, who knows? But perhaps you are right. Put your clothes back on Taneric. And next time you disrobe for me I shall also disrobe for you."

She stepped back to watch him dress.

"Taneric, I have decided we shall be married. What do you say?"

"I think you are still playing with me Princess."

"Not at all. But it matters not what you think or say. The arrangement will be made between myself, as a Queen, and your father, as a King. I am sure you will be notified in good time, when it has been decided. I wonder how long it will be before I get bored with you. Taneric, why are you laughing? Careful, my girls do not understand laughter!"

But, as Princess Zantina made the threat she was herself smiling.

"Taneric, after the coronation you will sit at my right side during the banquet as guest of honour, befitting a foreign prince. It will not be an entirely pleasant evening, for which I apologise now. Tomorrow you will leave my Land with your warriors, for I do not wish to be thought of as under the influence of the North. I ask you to return to me though in friendship, and soon, for I wish to spend more time in your company. Go now, and rest with your friends. I have much preparation to do for today's events."