The Prince's Brother

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The arm around her slid down, lower, tugged her skirt out of way so he could touch up her leg, grip her buttock.

Sabina eagerly sucked Sebastian's tongue, wringing a growl from him. His handsome face was tense with desire, almost unrecognisable from his usual aloof demeanour. He pressed against her, his throbbing hardness pulsing against her belly. His fingers reached under and lightly traced her soaked pussy. He groaned, feeling her slickness and Sabina thought she might explode with pleasure.

A silky cold voice disrupted them. "Interesting."

Sebastian wrenched back, and Sabina almost toppled over without his support.

The Prince stood in the doorway, a strange smile on his lips. His eyes moved between the panting couple.

"Taking liberties with my bride, brother?" he said mildly.

Sebastian paused angrily; tension rolled off him in waves. The simmering moment passed, and he stalked from the room.

Sabina dizzily sat down, smoothing her skirt as the Prince approached.

"Your conduct has been brought to question," he informed her, observing the flush of arousal in her cheeks, her breathlessness. "You will live comfortably as Queen, but you won't be able to indulge certain behaviours without punishment."

Still distracted by Sebastian, Sabina blinked and shook her head. "What?"

The Prince crouched down and gently but firmly held her jaw to hold her attention. Though he spoke quietly, his words carried an edge that sent a chill through her.

"The next time I hear of you acting like a whore," he said softly. "I'll suspend you from the tower and let the kingdom watch your lashing. And not even Sebastian could stop me. Do you understand?"

Sabina nodded fearfully; her eyes still unfocused. Dante released her face and stood.

"Have some water, pretty bride, and compose yourself," he said, sounding bored again. "It is time that we danced."

****

Standing over a wide table with paperwork spread across, Ambrose turned with dismay when Sebastian wandered into the room.

"I will never get used to you wearing your head," Sebastian remarked.

The setting was cold, the walls were unpainted black brick, occasionally shining by candlelight. There was a wine cabinet and stray chairs, but it was clearly a strategist's chamber.

"Sebastian, please don't stab me in this room," Ambrose said, gesturing the table. "This work is important."

"I'm aware," Sebastian replied, casually walking about, scrutinising the architecture. "It's of my design, after all." He approached the table, staring down at the plans. "Before my purpose wavered."

Ambrose sighed at the documents. "You knew better, Sebastian."

"I should have handled it differently," Sebastian admitted.

"Dante could have sent you underground, you know," Ambrose reminded him. "The Under Lord would have happily retained you. You are his favourite, after all."

"I would deny that fact for Dante's sake," Sebastian said, his smile twisted.

"But you can't deny him Sabina," Ambrose said gently.

"I wanted to save her," Sebastian said bitterly. "And look what happened."

Ambrose began to tilt his head, then straightened when it almost fell off. "You could have protected her in the takeover. Claimed her for yourself."

Sebastian shot him a look. "You think she'd be charmed by the sight of me charging forth beside Dante, a stranger, killing her people? And what if Dante reached her first?"

Ambrose shrugged. "As you say, look what happened. You've lost her, and her world will fall to the dead. At some point she'll know the role you played. You could have kept her as your prisoner, but now she is Dante's slave."

"I didn't think-!"

"You didn't think that Dante would notice the change in you?" Ambrose said, arching an eyebrow. "Your reports became useless, a waste of time. And then there was the direct sabotage-"

"But how could he know it was Sabina?"

"Estella," Ambrose said promptly. "When your stalling became obvious, Dante would have used her sight spell to-"

"-see the world through my eyes," Sebastian angrily finished the sentence. "Sometimes I want to go back to the last century to see her tortured and burned-"

"Well, she causes Dante as much grief as you. Worse probably," Ambrose said. "Gods, imagine being in love with her."

"I think I'm more to be pitied at present."

"Well, Sabina will still be around," Ambrose said consolingly. "Just a little bit...different from before."

"Different? Different?" Sebastian snarled. "She'll lose all trace of humanity and hate me for eternity. Meanwhile, Dante will fuck her whenever he's upset with me!"

Infuriated by the mental image, Sebastian threw and ornament against the wall, where it shattered. Ambrose looked down awkwardly.

"What's right about sacrificing a virgin to Dante?" Sebastian shouted, pacing the room.

"You were the one who insisted on journeying to the living. You never struggled with the concept before," Ambrose said, watching Sebastian's face. "When Dante made his demand to accompany you, I recall you were interested to make amends after the indiscretion."

"The indiscretion!" Sebastian snorted. "Being hexed and raped by Estella did not put me in the wrong-"

"But he blamed you, and you felt guilt."

Sebastian stopped pacing. "I thought I could be indifferent. He'll be cruel to her, Ambrose."

Ambrose shrugged. "But she will at least be a Queen and enjoy the comforts of her station."

"As Dante's slave. And even so, marrying a King always comes with danger." Sebastian fell into silence, lasting until a nearby candle sputtered out.

Ambrose snapped his fingers and the flame reignited. He directed a keen look at Sebastian's brooding face. "Unless you challenged him."

"Challenge him?" Sebastian frowned. "He's a full-blood Prince!"

"Well, you are of Royal blood. Perhaps not as Dante but you are partially of the living world and so perhaps more entitled to claim it," Ambrose said. "You are popular with the men, if you'll exclude the traditional minority who should never have been granted passage from the underworld, if you ask me, but-"

"But if I challenge him, then we have to go back," Sebastian said slowly. "To bring our dispute to my father. That could take-" he broke off, considering Ambrose. "I'd almost think you were reluctant for the takeover."

Ambrose shrugged. "I've been here long enough, what's another All Hallows season, or even another hundred years? And between the two of us, I'm not sure my strategy skills will pull through in this occupation. Conquering a whole world must be done properly. A lot of pressure I'm under. You know what Dante is like when he's disappointed. You only get his scowls and diatribes, we lose limbs."

"Would you like reprieve from it all?" Sebastian said, almost smiling.

"I'd prefer to work under your rule," Ambrose said frankly. "Please don't repeat that to Dante." He bit his lip. "Besides, keeping Sabina as his wife, knowing you're in love with her, is not conducive to a united front when we commence the takeover." He hesitated. "Take the matter to your father. By the time you return from the Under Realm, if at all, Sabina would be long gone by then."

Sebastian looked aside. "Maybe."

"Definitely she will," Ambrose said sharply.

"Perhaps." Sebastian's tone was sly.

"Definitely, she will be long gone," Ambrose emphasised. "Any necromantic meddling and you would be retained permanently in the Under Realm as a disgraced prisoner, not the Under Lord's prized bastard son."

"Then I lose her, either way."

"Well, your original scheme would see us stranded here indefinitely," Ambrose replied. "I could have stabbed you, Sebastian."

"Really?" Sebastian smiled.

"Well, no, not with your aptitude with a sword," Ambrose admitted. He lifted a parchment to inspect a diagram on it, then dropped the paper with a sigh. "You were willing to settle with observing her short life from afar, and now you baulk at the Under Realm. What changed?"

Sebastian stared at his palms. "I hadn't kissed her."

"You kissed her?!" Ambrose spluttered. "Sebastian! My Lord-!"

"I can't control myself around her. I completely lose my head-" he broke off with a laugh when Ambrose glared at him.

"She was drunk," Sebastian continued. "And I couldn't resist her." His brow contracted. "The damned Fletcher twins obviously brought her to that state."

Ambrose groaned at their mention. "I've believed for some time now, that your father explicitly sent them here to make the rest of us miserable," he complained. "They hid my head. I couldn't prove it, but I know it was one of them. I searched my chamber all night to find it, of course it was under the bed. So, I poked my eye-"

"Why did you not say, Ambrose?" Sebastian frowned. "I'd have banished them."

"Ah, well," Ambrose shrugged. "Not the most dignified act of my station, to make a fuss. I'm tough enough to survive petty pranks. Better to let them think it didn't bother me, the little shits. With any luck they'll both be felled with arrows in the living world."

"The living world won't stand a chance," Sebastian mused, then came out of the daze. "Dante is probably dancing with her. I don't want to see it."

"Well, I came here to hide from you," Ambrose said. "The night isn't going well for either of us."

****

When the Prince was satisfied Sabina could carry herself with dignity, he escorted her back to the main hall.

The loud chatter ceased when they entered, and the Prince confidently led Sabina forward, as though he hadn't disappeared earlier in an open spat with his mistress.

Once Sabina's dancing inexperience became clear, Dante lifted her against him, the swirl of her skirts almost concealing the fact he literally carried her through the dance.

Bewildered, Sabina glanced around as they moved fluidly across the ball room, unable to focus on the blur of faces silently watching them.

Awkward as it was to be so publicly intimate with a hostile stranger, she gratefully held onto Dante, reliant on his strength. If he released her, she would sink to the floor in a drunken stupor.

Despite her condition, the striking dark prince dancing with his charming bride was still a graceful picture that brought a wistful smile to the lips of many watching.

Sebastian entered the room when Dante dipped Sabina and kissed her exposed neck. In perfect timing, Dante raised his head and stared directly at his brother, before straightening with Sabina in his arms, her feet still clear of the ground, and continuing on.

Sebastian swore under his breath when several pairs of eyes darted to him, having followed the Prince's mocking gaze. Sebastian turned, coming face to face with Estella.

She was in a new ball gown, vibrant green, the pink gown obviously destroyed by Dante. It curved low across her breasts, a string of black opals trailed from her necklace into her cleavage. As usual, her black hair was free, sensually flowing down her bare shoulders.

Sebastian tried to get past her, his jaw clenching when she twirled to block him. "Go away, Estella."

"I can't, Sebastian," she said, with big, doleful green eyes. "He's put a spell to keep me in."

"I thought the spell was to keep you out?"

Estella sighed. "Now I know he has the virgin, he's paranoid I'll hide in the Under Realm. I don't have the resources on hand to counter the hex." Her captivating eyes brightened. "But if you could procure me-"

"No, I am not bringing you a cauldron of dead bats or bird skulls or whatever else you'd ask for," Sebastian said flatly. "Sabina would suffer for your success. And I'm sure Dante told you to stay away from me."

"Do I ever listen to him?" she said coyly, drawing her skirts wide in a low curtsy. Straightening, she glared at Dante dancing with Sabina. "She doesn't know, does she?"

"She knows enough," Sebastian said roughly. "Move, Estella."

Estella's sparkling green eyes widened with mock curiosity. "Does she know your key role in the destruction of her world?"

"Estella, move."

"Does she know Dante chose her because of you?" she tittered.

Sebastian's eyes glinted dangerously. "I won't tell you again, witch."

Estella's smile turned evil. "Does she know Dante needs a freshly dead Queen to complete the ritual?" she whispered, jumping out of reach when Sebastian lunged at her.

Noticing his movement had drawn the attention of others, Estella threw back her head with a cruel laugh and vanished, leaving Sebastian pale with rage.

****

The next day, Sebastian rode from the castle. He went through the quiet city, seemingly aimless. Finally, he left through the gates into the forest, the guarding soldiers bowing as he passed them.

Coming to a flowing stream, he dismounted and sat down in the grass. The glimmering border leading to the living world wasn't far.

There was movement, a barely discernible shift in the trees nearby. Sebastian smiled thinly, hearing the distinct pull of a bow string with perfect clarity.

Dante lunged from nowhere, catching the arrow in his fist before it could pierce Sebastian's neck. Then he vanished, and a man shrieked from the forest, his wails of agony went abruptly silent.

Dante re-emerged, drawing a handkerchief to wipe the blood from his hands.

"You know I'd have caught the arrow," Sebastian said, still staring at the water. "I wonder why you bother, Dante."

Dante angrily sat down a short distance away, his black attire an ominous contrast to the vibrant green surrounds. "You're my brother, Sebastian. I might hate you to eternity but that does not change the fact."

Watching the water, Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Must you organise fake assassinations to demonstrate your care for me?"

Dante dismissively waved an arm, though his pale cheeks reddened slightly. "The gatekeeper is not as selective with portal entries as I expected."

"We both know Father is careful. Why did you follow me?"

Dante didn't answer.

"Going by your nature, it's not for any worthwhile purpose," Sebastian remarked.

"This is how you pass time with Father," Dante said pleasantly, with an edge of malice. "Always venturing off together. Do you sit in silence?"

Sebastian's eyebrows slightly raised as he continued to watch the water. "Sometimes."

A quiet minute passed, and when Sebastian offered nothing more, Dante shot him an angry look. "This is your own doing, Sebastian. It didn't have to be this way."

"On the latter, we could agree." Sebastian's face set menacingly, and he stood to glare down at Dante. "Anything we've had to say to each other has been spoken." He dusted his hands on his pants. "Your possessiveness will not stand."

Dante grinned, though his fists clenched in the grass. "Over Estella, or Sabina?"

Sebastian bent to look into his brother's eyes. "Over me," he said with soft anger. "You'll have more luck gripping a ray of sunshine."

Dante flew to his feet when Sebastian walked back to his horse. "You always have some scheme afoot, but it won't work this time!"

Sebastian calmly mounted his horse as though Dante weren't there, digging his heel to ride back to the castle, out of sight.

"You won't be so flippant when I am your King!" Dante shouted.

****

Later that morning, Sebastian escorted Sabina to sit for her portrait. He was in a foul mood, and she was miserably hungover.

"You should have more water," Sebastian said irritably. "I'm surprised you kept your breakfast down."

"As am I," Sabina said, looking down at the gleaming, beige satin dress that magically fitted to her figure.

After breakfast, she had placed her arms through the lace sleeves and watched in shock as the bodice weaved itself up her torso. When she threatened to be ill, the material loosened down the front, sweeping a silk wrap about her shoulders to conceal the slackened ribbons.

Sabina glanced over Sebastian. He was impeccably dressed as usual, his clothing tones of pale blue, always a lighter contrast to Dante. His features were stern but still appealing. Recalling his kiss, Sabina's heart fluttered.

"Do you like my gown?" she asked.

Sebastian made an irritable sound, finding the dress aggravatingly pretty on her. He ignored her question. "You will also have a portrait after you are made Queen," he said curtly, leading the way down the corridor.

"Two?" Sabina said sourly. "Why?"

"Stop asking questions."

"Why?"

Sebastian paused stride and glared down at her. "We are already late. Are you going to give me trouble all day?"

"This will take all day?" Sabina moaned, noticing that Sebastian wasn't meeting her eyes, which was unlike him. "Why won't you look at me?"

Sebastian was about to say something, then resumed walking more briskly.

"I remember last night," Sabina told him, hurrying to keep up. "Are you embarrassed?"

"Were you embarrassed by your drunken stupidity?" he snapped, stopping again and staring at the ornate walls. "I've taken the wrong fucking corridor." He gestured her to go back the way they came.

"You weren't drunk and stupid when you kissed me," Sabina countered, stepping back when Sebastian turned on her.

"What do you want me to say?" he snarled, advancing on her. "That I desired you? That you mean anything to me?" His eyes raked her body, the terrible urge to touch her spiked his temper.

"You're nothing! Ambrose told an untruth to settle a wager and I kissed you because I pitied you, Sabina, for being enslaved to a man who cares nothing for you!" he said savagely.

Sebastian instantly regretted his cruelty when he saw the colour drain from her face. He'd lashed out with every expectation she'd fire back. But she didn't.

Sabina swallowed heavily and glanced down to smooth her skirt. The devastation was gone from face when she looked up again.

"Sabina," Sebastian said desperately. "I..."

"My Lord!" Boomed a voice down the hall. "We've been enlisted to find you!" the General turned to his companion. "See, I told you he'd taken the wrong turn."

"I...We..." Sebastian said, entirely flustered. "Sabina, wait!"

But Sabina was already walking very quickly toward the men, who bowed low when she reached them.

"The artist awaits," the General greeted her, his smile fading when he saw the look on her face.

"I believe I'll be safe in your custody," she said tightly. "Sebastian has more important matters to attend."

The men looked between them. "Lord Sebastian?"

"I have no engagements," he confirmed, standing behind Sabina.

Sabina shot him a ferocious look. "I don't want you here."

"That is not your choice," he grimly returned.

"My Lord, if I may," the General gently took Sebastian's arm to lead him aside. "The lady seems particularly melancholy, and if your presence is contributing-"

Sebastian spoke menacingly through his teeth. "Where have you seen a happy portrait of a dead king's wife?"

The General was conflicted but not inclined to argue. "Very well, my lord."

The silent journey to the painter was very uncomfortable. Sebastian watched Sabina the whole way, but she never looked at him, seeming impatient to have her portrait done. The men also hurried, eager to fulfil their duties and leave the tension behind.

At last they were finished, but before Sebastian could speak to Sabina alone, two soldiers arrived to take her away.

"What is this?" Sebastian said acidly as they bowed.

"My Lord, Prince Dante requests a moment with his bride," one answered, avoiding Sebastian's scorching stare.

"I require a moment with her, first," Sebastian snarled.

"Prince Dante advised if you were to say so, to inform you that his authority precedes yours," the other replied apologetically, his eyes on the ground.

Sebastian angrily opened his mouth, but Sabina abruptly brushed past him to join the soldiers.

1...45678...10