The Prince's Brother

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sabina was silent a moment. "So, he didn't abandon me, after all."

"He had no plans to return, Sabina. He did abandon you."

"How do you know?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to know everything about you. Estella isn't the only one with mystical aptitude."

There was more silence, until Sabina became aware of Sebastian lightly shaking. "Sebastian, are you laughing?"

"I'm sorry to be insensitive," he said, fighting it. "But I have seen many deaths in my existence, and your father's demise was extraordinarily clumsy."

"Hm," Sabina replied, not really bothered about a man she'd never known. "Are you close to your father?"

"I wouldn't describe it as close," Sebastian said slowly. "My father enjoys quieter moments with me, chess and the like. He prefers active pursuits with Dante, hunting and ruling matters."

"So, he enjoys your company and treats Dante like a soldier," Sabina said perceptively.

"He cares for us in different ways, stemming from the relationship with our mothers," he clarified. "His marriage with Dante's mother was a political arrangement. He was in love with my mother."

"Are they alive?"

"No." He took a deep breath, anticipating her next question. "Being married to the Under lord can be very precarious. Leave it there, Sabina."

"To rule the Underworld, he must be very fearsome," Sabina said.

"He is exceptionally formidable, but you have nothing to fear." His attention returned to the soft, naked girl in his arms. "You didn't answer before," he murmured into Sabina's hair, relishing the scent. "Are you hurt?"

She shook her head. There was a tenderness between her legs but that was all. She was very comfortable in Sebastian's embrace. "I am very sleepy, Sebastian."

"Then rest," he smiled, cradling her above the water. "I will ensure you don't meet your father's fate."

Sabina giggled softly and nestled closer against his chest. Sebastian felt her breathing deepen against his skin.

He looked to the window where light poured in, feeling truly happy for the first time in his long existence. With Sabina intimately curled against him, he pondered his good fortune that Dante's act of calculated spite turned out very well for him, after all.

Epilogue

Sebastian dismounted to assist Sabina from her saddle, handing the reins to a servant on horseback, who immediately departed with the horses in tow without a backward glance.

Sabina was entirely preoccupied, frowning at her thick travelling cloak tangling with the hem of her shimmering navy gown. Her long hair was braided, trailing down one shoulder. Jewels glittered down her throat, embedded in the regal dress. Even with her visible nervousness she was stunning. She looked like a Queen.

Sebastian was also dressed regally, in full black with diamonds sewn through his coat in an intricate pattern. His blonde hair was swept back and loosely tied at his neck. Standing tall in such attire, black boots and stern features, Sabina felt slightly nervous until he smiled at her.

"You are exquisite," Sebastian said admiringly, his fingertips tracing her braid. "Are you ready?"

"No," she mumbled, fidgeting with his cravat.

"I'm ready!" Piped an excited voice from behind.

"Maxim," Sebastian warned, still watching Sabina's face. "Settle."

The small boy leapt about some more, waving a toy sword. Realising he had no audience, he burrowed into their legs, trying to squeeze between the couple.

The child was dressed, as he'd insisted, in a miniature imitation of Sebastian's outfit. Hoping to look impressive as his father, the effect was more charming than intimidating.

"Maxim!" Sebastian frowned, stepping back to scoop him up. "You're not helping."

The boy swivelled in Sebastian's arms to peer at Sabina's anxious face. "What's wrong, mother?"

"Nothing," she said tiredly, looking at Sebastian. "You've returned to the Under Realm many times. Must we do this?"

"Must we discuss this again? My father knows about Maxim," Sebastian reasoned. "It is better we go willingly rather than force his hand."

"But to stay three months," she said nervously. "Might we leave sooner? At least before the Black Eve?"

"Not without offending him," Sebastian replied. "He considers Black Eve to be something of a family celebration these last few years."

"But the Under Realm is so dangerous," she murmured.

"You forget who rules it."

"I haven't forgotten," she swallowed. "He disapproves of me."

"No," Sebastian denied. "He aspires to make you eternal, for Maxim's sake and mine, because he still misses my mother. It will always be your choice. I won't let him trap you."

Sebastian gently set Maxim down and took Sabina's hands. "My love, he is formidable, but I am his son." His eyes darted aside. "Never repeat this rumour which happens to be true -- I am his favoured son. He will toy with you, flirt with you, but ultimately welcome you like a daughter to his kingdom."

"The land of the dead," Sabina muttered.

"Ambrose will be pleased to see you again," Sebastian said, smiling as Sabina's face brightened. "And Estella and Dante, of course."

Sabina's lips parted with dismay. "Wonderful."

"You are a favourite of Estella's," Sebastian smiled. "On my last visit, she asked me to convey her apologies for trying to kill you. That's a high compliment; Estella never apologises for anything." He shrugged. "She continually refers to how much she enjoyed working with you at the ceremony, even offering to share her spellwork. I declined on your behalf." He considered Sabina, who was staring red-faced at the ground.

"What?" he asked curiously.

"Nothing," Sabina said hurriedly, avoiding eye-contact until Sebastian forced her chin upward.

He lightly kissed her lips. "Tell me."

"It's just..." Sabina squirmed. "The transformational glamour. That's all."

Baffled, Sebastian narrowed his eyes. "When you traded appearances for the ceremony? What about it?"

"Well, you know."

"No, I don't." He observed her embarrassment. "I left the topic, assuming it was a great ordeal for you."

"Well, it was."

"And?"

"And it was so long ago, what does it matter?"

"Sabina," Sebastian warned. "Tell me."

"Sebastian..." she complained.

"Sabina!"

"I had to kiss her for the glamour to work, that's all!" Sabina said irritably, smoothing her skirt. "It's of no consequence now."

Sebastian stared with amazement, then burst out laughing. He laughed so hard even Maxim paused his invisible sword fight. "Estella told you a kiss was required for the spell to take effect?" he said faintly. "Did she put her tongue in your mouth?"

Sabina's blush was painful. "How was I to know what was true?"

Sebastian laughed again. "I suppose you couldn't have known. I'm surprised she would play tricks in those circumstances, but I forget her wicked nature has few limits."

"Don't...Don't say anything in front of your father!" Sabina said fearfully. "I mean, please don't mention it at all!"

"Of course not," he reassured her. "I promise to only tease you in private."

Sabina bit her lip. "And Dante? He never liked me."

"He never disliked you," Sebastian replied. "Only your capacity to ruin his schemes. I have visited him amply these last years and he is satisfied I have not abandoned him. That, and he is eager to meet his nephew."

Sabina thought about it. "Why can't Estella give him children?"

Sebastian shrugged. "Even when Estella was a virgin, she had traded her humanity and any capacity for motherhood to receive her dark craft. You could say Dante is grateful for your mortality. You'll be shocked by the change in him when he meets Maxim."

They turned to observe the adorable little boy, who had resumed his enthusiastic sword fight with nobody.

"None will resist his charm," Sebastian said dryly, leaning to whisper in her ear. "And I've been longing to fuck you in the Under Realm. It's a very different experience."

Sabina tried to push him away. "Must you speak so in front of our son!"

"Yes," Sebastian grinned, cupping her face to steal a kiss before she wriggled free. "Now, have you run out of last-minute, stalling questions?"

"I'm not stalling!"

"You are," Sebastian teased.

"Maxim!" Sabina called loudly, her cheeks flushed with annoyance and arousal. "It is time to go!"

Sebastian turned to where the wind had picked up, swirling into a small tornado, opening a black space in the forest.

Holding Maxim's hand, Sabina watched breathlessly as two soldiers in full armour stepped out and bowed low to Sebastian.

"My Lord, we have come to escort you."

Sebastian gestured for Sabina to join his side. When she did, she stiffened with fear, seeing through the entrance to the darker Realm; swirling black thunder. Through the entrance, at least a dozen soldiers in black armour silently waited on horseback.

She snapped out of her daze when Sebastian's lips pressed to her temple, his warm breath on her ear, comforting. "Don't be afraid. We will be home again before you know it, and I'll always be by your side."

Sabina nodded, breathing deeply. Sebastian lifted an ecstatic Maxim to his side, his other hand taking hers to lead her through, the two soldiers following behind. Sabina looked back past the soldiers in time to see the entrance close up, leaving the world behind.

Thanks for reading :)

1...5678910