The Princess Brooch

Story Info
Max visits a magic shop and gets more then he bargained for.
11k words
4.49
19.7k
25
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LadyZ88
LadyZ88
73 Followers

Max was not looking forward to what he had to do this morning. At 26, Max Flynn felt he was doing pretty good at the game called life. He had a decent paying, relatively easy office job, a nice car and a decent apartment.

He was a tall and lean fellow, with short, saggy dark brown hair and a scruffy beard. Not overly muscular but he had gone to the gym enough times to stand out from the average guy on the street.

There was just one problem, his girlfriend Jessica. She would, for no real reason that Max could find, suddenly become the queen bitch of the universe.

There was the one time that she wouldn't speak to him because he didn't bring her flowers when he picked her up for their 5th date, even though he had never brought her flowers before. Then there was the other time she screamed at him for not getting her a dress she really wanted, even though he never heard her say she even liked that dress before now. And who could forget the time she refused to even answer her phone for three days because Max had the audacity to ask if they could take her car to go to the mall as his was in the shop.

"Do you know how much gas costs? Do I look like I'm made of money?" she had said.

Funny how it's alright that we burn up my gas to go buy you expensive shit, Max thought.

And then there was last weekend. They went out for dinner and a movie but never made it past the dinner. Max had wanted to pay in cash for the meal but didn't have enough for a decent tip, so he asked Jessica if she could spare five dollars. She blew up, in front of God and everybody, screaming, "If you're too cheap to afford me a decent meal then why did you bother to take me out in the first place?!?" She then stormed out and demanded that he take her home right now, "Unless your too poor to afford the gas?!?" she shouted. Max had never felt more humiliated in his life. Even now, a week later, that incident still really burned his ass.

Why do I keep going back to that crazy bitch? He thought to himself. But inwardly he sighed and said to himself, You know exactly why. She's a freak in the sack.

While he didn't have a ton of girls before he met Jessica two years ago, he'd gotten enough experience over the years to appreciate the fact that Jessica was skilled in bed. And she knew it. Because no matter what she did to him, Max always found himself crawling back to her and she made him pay through the nose every time.

Jessica was a blond bomb shell, with her perfect hourglass figure, narrow waist, long smooth legs, round ass and C-cup breasts. He often called her the goddess, though only in private.

It's not just the sex though, He thought, When shes not being a super cunt she really fun to hang out with. It's just that she knows that she can get whatever she wants outta me by bitching me out every once in a while. I just wish...

But Max didn't know what he wanted from that girl. He often debated about settling down with her but the ultimate question was could he live with her forever?

Ehh, lets not think about that now. I'll just call her up, apologize, buy her something expensive and shiny and we'll make up and have great makeup sex. He smiled just thinking about that and got out his cell phone.

He dialed her number and waited. It rang and rang and rang and he was just about to give up and try again later when she picked up. Probably trying to make me sweat, Max thought but answered with, "Hey baby, how've you been? I've missed you. A lot."

A quick silence passed before she replied. "Don't try to sweet talk me, mister. I haven't forgotten about last week. You know it's in really poor taste to drag a poor girl out and then make her pay for the meal." Max fumed for a few seconds and thought about what he really wanted to say, You stuck up bitch, all I did was ask you to leave five lousy bucks! But the moment passed and he knew how to get the upper hand in this apology.

"Maybe you're right," he said. Maybe that's all you're getting out of me for that fiasco. "But I just thought that you would want to know that I was planning on heading up to that new magic store that opened recently. I've heard that they've got some really great deals going on right now."

Max had heard nothing of the sort but he knew Jessica loved all things to do with magic and he knew she really wanted to go to that store, it's all she talked about for a week.

"Did you hear about the magic store opening up? I can't believe there's going to be one in town! OMG I want to go their sooooo bad!"

Now he waited for her reply patiently because he knew what she was debating. If she forgave him, he'd definitely buy her a bunch of junk from that store. If she stayed mad she got nothing. But she hated forgiving him before she felt he had suffered enough for whatever offense he had committed. But the offer might not still be there when she did decide to forgive him.

After about twenty seconds of silence, Max got the verdict, "Oh babe you know I just can't stay mad at you! I understand that those things just happen sometimes."

I'll bet you stuck up cunt. "It's ok sweet lips. I can be a forgetful asshole sometimes. I'll swing by and pick you up in thirty minutes. Does that work for you?"

"Sure thing babe. I'll be waiting."

"Great see you in a few." Max hung up and patted himself on the back. Max your a genius. Of course now I got to shell out some bucks but it will be worth it later. Hell, it was worth it right now just to get her to apologize first for once. Well, kinda. With that he immediately went about getting himself together for the day. As it turned out, it was one day he was never going to ever forget in his life.

The car ride was agony for Max.

After he picked up Jessica, who jumped straight into his car without so much as a 'Hello', she immediately started talking about all the things she hoped to find at the magic store today.

"OMG I hope they have some dream crystals, I've been dying to get my hand on them. Ohh, and I heard that they sell jewelry there too so maybe there'll be some bracelets and rings I can pick up. Of course they'll have to match my outfits but if they're really cool I just build an outfit around them."

On and on and on it went. Max knew she didn't really believe all the magic crap, the spells and herbs and potions and such, but she loved the pretty stuff they sold there.

She's like a damn crow, she'll pick up anything that shines.

Luckily she was mostly talking to herself so he just turned her out and just started thinking about the good times they were undoubtedly going to have tonight. He even ran out to buy a fresh pack of condoms before he picked her up. Along with some flowers for her.

Still, the way she's gabbing about all the crap she wants to get, this little trip is going to run up my credit card bill again. Oh well.

Fortunately for Max, the shop was only fifteen minutes away from Jessica's house so the trip was quick and her verbal onslaught was cut mercifully short. As they pulled into the parking lot, he thought about how weird it was that the lot was completely empty.

Not another soul in sight. That can't be good for business.

He pushed it out of his mind as they strolled up to the front door, the hand painted sign hanging over the door declared this shop to be 'Something Different, Something Strange.'

"Great name for a shop."

"Shut up and open the door you lug. I want to get my shop on!"

"Whatever your royal highness commands." He swung the door open and gave an over exaggerated bow, his head almost came down to his knees.

"Jackass," Jessica remarked and made sure to smack his head with her purse as she walked past. Max heard her gasp once she cleared the doorway and quickly stood up to see what got her attention.

When he first looked into the shop it was noticeably dimmer in there and took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust, but when they did he heard himself gasp too.

The store was much bigger on the inside than it looked from the outside. That was the first impression he got. Then he started taking in what was covering the wall in this shop.

Unlike the other magic shops he'd been to with Jessica, which stored a bunch of pre-made 'turn your boyfriend into a toad' kits, books marked 'beginners guides to magic' and an assortment of 'lucky' rings under glass counters, this place looked down right out of a fantasy novel.

Lining the walls were an assortment of old looking books, none of them it appeared were written in English, jars of herbs and fungi, glass vials, cauldrons of varying shapes and sizes, tarot cards with beautiful but scary images on them, crystals and candles of every color one could imagine, and jewelry scattered about in glass stands throughout the shop. Tapestries covered what few walls were exposed, each one bearing numerous strange symbols.

"Wow," was all Jessica could mutter after looking around at everything. Max silently agreed with her one word assessment of the shop. This place looks all too real for my tastes. It's down right creepy.

As they stood there, framed in the doorway, a high pitched voice called out and made them both jump. "Well come on in, don't just stand there letting the heat out."

Max quickly looked around and spotted the source of the voice, a tiny old lady who stood maybe 5 feet even, dressed in black sweater and jeans. Her face had about a million wrinkles in it and her eyes didn't seem to open all the way. She looked like she was perpetually squinting at them. Whoa, how did I miss her there?

"Oh sorry," Jessica said, "We were just taking in your shop, it's wonderful!"

The old woman smiled, "Yes, yes. I know. Spent a lot of time getting the design right. But come in! Look around! You two are my first customers I've had since I opened. Are you looking for something specific or just browsing around for whatever grabs your interest."

"Browsing right now. You've got a lot of cool stuff." Jessica said, though Max knew that wasn't going to last for long. She'd have an arm load of crap in minutes if past history was anything to go on.

"Well help yourself, look around, holler if you need anything." The old woman turned, hopped up on a stool behind the checkout counter and flipped open a magazine.

Jessica took one look at Max and raised her eyebrow but quickly went in and started browsing the aisles. Max shut the door but didn't advance any further then he'd already come, the store gave him the heebie-jeebies.

This is all too weird. I hope she finds something fast so we can get out of here. But he sighed and knew that wouldn't happen. Jessica loved to browse and rummage until she had seen every item in a store.

Max felt awkward just standing in the entrance and eventually moved over to the counter where the old lady was reading. She looked up from her magazine as he slowly approached and flashed him a grin. "Anything I can help you with today?"

"Um, no. Thank you." He tried to casually lean against the counter but just felt even more awkward and ended up crossing his arms in front of his chest. The old lady gave him the quick once over.

"My shop bothers you, doesn't sonny?"

"No! Well, maybe just a little. You've got a really creepy vibe going on here."

The old lady chuckled, "All part of the ambiance." She eyed him over again and for a second Max had the strangest feeling that she was trying to read his mind.

Stop it. You're just freaking yourself out. It's just a store and she's just an old lady. Everything is cool so stop being such a dork. Max gave the old lady the once over himself and saw that her black sweater was covered in dark green pentagrams.

"You like it?" she suddenly piped up.

"Huh?"

"My sweater, I made it myself."

"Um, yea it's, um, cool and stuff." He said lamely. She chuckled again.

God I sound like such a moron. Lets just go find Jess and make this less awkward. However as he moved to leave the old lady spoke again.

"Seems like you got a real princess there."

Max turned and gave her a quizzical look. "What do you mean by that?"

The old woman folded up her magazine and stared right into Max's eyes. "Just that she got the look of someone who's got their man warped around their little finger." Max felt his face flush but the old lady gave him a deep piercing look that actually scared him a little. "Am I wrong, sonny?" For the second time Max got the feeling that she was reading his mind.

"That's... none of you business." Max said with less force then he intended. However the old woman threw her head back and down right cackled.

"HA HA HA HA! I knew it. I can spot those girls a mile away."

Max started to get really mad and was just about to tell the old woman off when she gave him that piercing stare again which stopped him cold. Then she smiled at him with a wicked toothy grin.

"Don't worry sonny jim, I've got just what you both need." She hopped off her stool and headed to the back of the shop.

Ok that's it. I've had enough of the creepy old lady and this weird shop of hers. I don't care how mad Jessica gets, we are leaving right now! Max quickly started strolling down the shop aisles and found Jessica eyeballing a pair of earrings.

"Jessica..." Max started but he was cut off sharply by his girlfriend, "Max check these out! They're gorgeous!"

Max looked down quickly and barely registered the silver and ruby earrings before he started again, "Yea they're amazing, lets get them and get going."

Jessica immediately looked up at Max and had her bitch face on instantly. She opened her mouth to yell something at Max but was cut off almost immediately by the voice of the old lady.

"Oh honey you don't want those, they're cursed with bad luck." The pair turned around to find the old lady walking up with an ancient looking wooden box about the size of a large hardcover book.

"I was talking to your boyfriend and I think I've got just the perfect item for you." Jessica turned to look at Max with a half amused, half confused look on her face. Max just looked pale. Jessica turned around and the old lady flipped the lid open.

"Ooohhhhh!!" Jessica gasped in shock. Even Max was stunned out of his fear for a few seconds. Inside the box was a large brooch, the size of a newborn's head. A giant sapphire glinted out at them and the whole thing was boarded by simple gold.

"This is the princess brooch. It's very old, and belonged to some royal family in the twelfth century. I've held onto it for a long time but I think it's just perfect for a girl like you."

Jessica was lost in a world of her own. She reached out to touch the brooch but the old lady suddenly snapped the lid shut which shook both Jessica and Max out of their stupor. Max shook his head to clear it but Jessica still had stars in her eyes. She rounded on Max so fast he was amazed she didn't have whiplash.

"I want it!" She said with a manic tone in her voice.

Max sighed. Anything to get out of here. He turned to the old lady. "Ok, how much?"

She seemed to ignore Max and reached over to lightly grasped Jessica's hand. When she spoke it was with a softness Max hadn't heard in their earlier conversation.

"Well to put a price on such a beautiful thing is such an ugly matter. But I've had that item in my possession for a long time, waiting for the right owner to have it. And I think that day has come. As you are such a perfect match for this brooch I'd be willing to part with it for just a mere three hundred dollars."

Christ laying it on thick aren't you, you old hag. Max's fear had left him and now he just felt suckered. It was all an act to get me with Jess so you could bring out your fancy bauble and part me from my hard earned cash. Well it worked. Max sighed again but had to admit she was one hell of a sales lady. "Sold." Max tried to keep the bitterness out of his voice. Jessica looked like she could faint and beamed at Max for a moment, but then she made a funny face.

"Hey what's wrong?" Max inquired.

"Oh, Umm, nothing but, I, aahhh, I really have to pee. Like right now!" She then started hopping from one foot to another.

"Bathrooms straight back and to the left, honey." The old lady said with the same kind tone of voice.

Jessica took off running shouting "Thanks!" over her shoulder. The old lady tugged at Max's sleeve. "Come on we'll wait for her at the counter."

Max started to walk back but the creepy, uncomfortable feeling started churning in his gut again. Now that was very weird. But when they got to the counter he went back to feeling miserable again as he pulled out his wallet.

"You take plastic?" He said and waved his credit card.

"Duh. What do you think this is, the 50's?" She chuckled again.

Max felt himself fuming again and before he could stop himself he blurted out, "Hell of a scam you got running here." He regretted it the moment the words left his lips but instead of fixing him with another of her piercing looks, this time the old lady just smiled.

"Oh trust me, your going to get your money's worth out of this little item." She then opened the wooden box again and carefully warped a piece of cloth around the brooch, then lifted it out and put it in a gift box, being very careful only to touch the cloth.

I take it back, THAT is very weird. She looked up at him and smirked. "Don't want to leave any fingerprints on it." Yea, sure, whatever you say lady.

As she was cashing him out Jessica came back, only now she looked decidedly unhealthy. She was clutching her stomach and had a pale, clammy look on her face.

"Whoa, hey are you alright?" Max asked.

Jessica glared at him, "What do you think, shithead? Lets go."

"Here you are dear." The old lady seemed particularly pleased with herself.

After what I paid for this she'd better be. Max scooped up his card and the box and turned around in time to see Jessica rushing out the door. Max hurried after her but as he reached the door he heard the old lady call out "Hope to see you again soon!" As he shut the door and headed for his car he could have sworn he heard her cackling behind him.

Max took Jessica home right away at her insistence. On the way there she turned from pale to green. Max was worried about her barfing in his car and broke several speed records getting her back to her house, as well as several traffic laws.

He no sooner pulled up to her house then she jumped out of the car and raced into her house. Max meant to follow but by the time he got out of the driver seat she had slammed her front door closed and he heard the deadbolt snap into place.

Guess that means I'm dismissed. Max felt pissed off. This day had not gone as he hoped it would. Grumbling, he climbed back into his car and took off for his own abode. I feel so used. I pay three hundred dollars for some stupid brooch and she suddenly gets sick and can't even give me a goodbye. God damn bitch.

As he pulled up to his apartment he thought about giving her a call but decided against it. She'll just probably bitch me out for calling her when she's not feeling good or something like that. I hope she pukes her guts out. He turned to get out of his car and saw that she had forgot to take the gift box in. She left it here? Damn she must really be sick for real. The way she was looking at it in the store I figured she'd die before she'd let anyone else get their hands on it. Immediately he felt bad for thinking poorly of his girlfriend but also felt tempted to return it and get his money back. Naw. If I do that she'll just want me to buy her another one and God knows how much that is going to cost.

LadyZ88
LadyZ88
73 Followers