The Problem With Immortality Ch. 21

Story Info
Jennifer erases her memories of Anson who drives off a cliff.
8.2k words
4.5
1.2k
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 21 of the 23 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 02/18/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Problem With Immortality

Chapter 21

By Gary LM Martin

Chapter 21: The Final Days of Jennifer Spaulding

Something was terribly wrong with Jennifer.

Carl didn't have to be a mind reader to figure that out.

Something had happened, during that six hour period in the doubleblind, when they had split up to have sex with complete strangers.

Carl's partner had been thoroughly delightful, a bouncy blonde named Jessica who simply adored his huge penis. She squealed as he put it in her, and she giggled as she heard his metal tipped testicles banging against each other. Her orgasms were loud and lusty.

Her male partner, though, was a complete mystery. Carl tried to find out who he was, but as he didn't even know Jessica's last name, and he didn't have the resources of a Fixer, wasn't able to find out more.

"Did he... did he rape you? Abuse you?"

"No, Carl, nothing like that," said Jennifer, her eyes red.

"Then why are you so upset?" Carl asked.

"It's nothing, Carl, really."

"Obviously, it's something," said Carl, holding her hand.

Jennifer looked up at him and smiled, weakly. "I just need some time, by myself, for a little while."

"Jennifer... you're not going to do anything crazy, are you?" Carl asked. Was she suicidal? With so many people going on Weed, or the Dreamscape, or going to Soylent Green centers, it wasn't an entirely idle question.

And Jennifer, despite herself, actually laughed. "No, Carl. I've already done the craziest things in my life. Don't worry, my dear," she said, and she kissed him.

********

Seeing Anson had been traumatic enough. But seeing Anson, and having him make love to her, and realizing that she had feelings for him, feelings even more intense than her feelings for Carl, had traumatized Jennifer more than she could bear.

She loved Anson so much! But she couldn't risk him breaking her heart again. She wouldn't survive it. She would be so heartbroken she would toss herself off a cliff, or go to a Soylent Green Center.

No, she was safer with Carl. Much safer.

But she was thinking of Anson constantly. How to get him out of her head?

She thought of going on vacation with Carl. But she had already been every place in the world, with Anson. Any place they went would remind her of him.

But then she saw an advertisement on the online network, from a company called Happy Amnesia. As she read about it, she immediately became inspired.

She sought out Carl two days later, after she had worked the details out.

"Let's go on vacation, dear," she said, smiling brightly.

"Where?" Carl asked. "To Mars? Mercury? The surface of the sun?"

"No, dear," she said, laughing. Jennifer was like a totally different person. Whatever had been bothering her seemed to be gone. "Venice!"

"Venice? Are we going as dolphins? Or tall monsters? Or invisible creatures?"

"No, silly!" she said, giving him a big kiss. "As ourselves," she said, looking him slyly in the eye.

All of a sudden, Jennifer seemed to be normal. Completely normal. Carl didn't know how it had happened, but he wasn't going to question it. "Sure! I'd love to! When shall we go?"

"Why don't you meet me there in four days?"

"We're not going together?"

"I'm making a side trip, to see an old friend," said Jennifer.

"Where?"

"In Interlaken."

********

Isaac Mercola was the CEO and President of Happy Amnesia, based in Interlaken, Switzerland. He himself was not Swiss, but since his company could have been based anywhere, he chose Interlaken, which was framed by the beautiful Swiss Alps. At the same time Interlaken was a fairly large Swiss city, a central transit hub which allowed clients easy access to his facility.

Isaac Mercola did not have a happy childhood. Starting at the age of 12, he had been sexually molested by his mother.

She had come to his bedroom in the middle of the night. At first, he hadn't understood what she was doing, even when she had pulled down his pajama pants, and took off her nightgown, and started rubbing him with her intimate parts.

"Mommie, what are you doing?" he had asked. But she had only silenced him with a shushing sound. What she did to him felt strange and disturbing, but she always warned Isaac not to tell Daddy. "If you tell Daddy, he will beat you. He will beat us both. You don't want that, do you dear?"

"No, Mommie."

And so for three years Mommie had continued to visit his bedroom in the middle of the night, until one night Daddy, who was a light sleeper, heard Mommie leaving and saw what was going on.

Daddy got very upset, as Mommie predicted, but he didn't beat her. Instead, he called the World Government police, and they took Mommie away.

Isaac didn't realize it at the time, but he was severely traumatized by Mommie's nocturnal visits. When he got older and he thought about having relationships with women his age, he couldn't. He felt there was something shameful, something illicit about it.

He went through many years of therapy which helped a little, but never removed that uncomfortable feeling.

And finally he went to medical bioengineering school and decided to seek out a solution of his own. He discovered that individual brain cells could be decoded to find out what kind of memories they contained, and that brain cell memories could be searched.

And selectively erased.

When he finished building his brain scanner, Isaac became his own very first client. He scanned for and targeted all memories of his mother from age 12 to age 15. He went under the device, went to sleep, and....

When he emerged, the shame was gone. The shame, the discomfort, everything.

He found that he could have relationships with women now. He remembered the anxiety he had previously felt, but didn't know why he had felt it.

And as for his mother, he was a little puzzled to find out that she was in a rehab center, and if he hadn't written a note to himself explaining why, it would have taken him some time to figure it out.

Isaac actually went to visit her in prison. There was no pain now, only curiosity. In fact, with the pain gone, he even struck up a good relationship with his Mother, visiting her frequently in her rehabilitation center. Intellectually he knew she had harmed him, but emotionally, he just didn't feel it.

And after all, she was his mother.

Isaac knew he had a gold mine on his hands and rapidly started a business to help others shed traumatic memories. But even more than that, his device could be used to help people weary of life, people who had done every activity imaginable and wanted to erase their memories so they could experience the joy of doing all these activities again, for the very first time.

His first client was a wealthy man who simply loved going to the Galapagos Islands. The first time he had gone there he had fallen in love. But he had been back there some two dozen times since, and he knew every inch of shoreline, every animal species, intimately. He had seen them so many times that he no longer noticed them. He wanted to recapture his sense of wonder.

And Isaac did that for him. He erased the man's memories of his prior visits. Even though they occurred years apart, his brain scanner was able to scan for each specific memory of the Galapagos and delete those, and only those.

His client was ecstatic. He had trouble at first believing he had ever been to the Galapagos Islands. His wife had to convince him to go. But when he went there he had the thrill of his life. It was like his first time all over again.

After that, Isaac had a long stream of clients.

But at the moment, a very beautiful brown haired woman with large breasts named Jennifer Spaulding sat before him. She wanted a smaller erasure, for her first visit.

"Just your memories of your husband in Venice? That's it?"

"Yes," said Jennifer.

"Did you have a traumatic time with him there? Did he... abuse you?"

"No!" said Jennifer. "Quite the opposite." She remembered how romantic Anson had been. The memory made her so happy. And now it made her so sad. "But we were there three separate times. Maybe four. Does that matter?"

"No, that shouldn't be a problem. We target the memories, not the chronologies."

"So... will I lose all my memory of Venice?"

"No... not all of it," said Isaac. "Our search algorithm is very specific. You'll remember bits and pieces of Venice that don't involve your husband."

"Oh."

"Is that a problem?"

"No, probably not," said Jennifer. "And it's permanent?"

"Unfortunately, yes, it's permanent."

Jennifer took a deep breath. She was about to erase a part of her life with Anson. A small part, but a part of it nonetheless. She nodded. "Let's do it."

********

She didn't even have to take off her clothes. She was so used to taking off her clothes for the many procedures she had done that she was almost a little disappointed that it wasn't required here. She was told that for such a small memory extraction like this, that it was not necessary. She would only be under the machine for a few minutes.

She lay down on a medical couch. She had been doing a lot of that lately, trying to chase happiness. Had she succeeded? Well, at least she had Carl. Carl was wonderful.

But Carl wasn't Anson.

Jennifer took a deep intake of breath as a network of metal probes were put on her head.

"There's nothing to be concerned about, this is just the mapping phase," said the doctor.

Doctor Quade Hauser was the first employee hired by Isaac Mercola when he launched Happy Amnesia. Like most of his employees, Hauser had a specific reason for wanting to work for the company.

Hauser had been happily married to his wife Melinda, for more than forty years. They enjoyed being together, laughing together, and loving together. They did everything together. It was to Hauser's great surprise, then, when he came home unexpectedly early from work one day to find Melinda doing something without him. In fact, what she was doing was with another man.

Melinda tried to apologize for it, to make amends, but the image of Melinda, nude, her legs obscenely spread, as another man pumped between them, and Melinda, her face tense with joy, groaning in pleasure, was a memory that Hauser had real troubles getting past. He forgave her, eventually, but that memory was still a source of contention between the two of them.

Not anymore. After joining Happy Amnesia, he had gotten a free minitreatment. The memory of his wife having wild sex with another man was gone, erased.

Hauser knew it still had happened, of course; his subsequent memories were unaffected. But with the most painful memory gone, he was finally able to fully reconcile with Melissa and move on with their lives. (Until the next time he caught her with another man.)

"You're doing well, Jennifer," said Dr. Hauser soothingly.

As Jennifer's neural cells were mapped and cataloged, she heard the machine behind her whir and hum, but Jennifer felt nothing, other than a slight tingling.

This had to be it. This had to be the right solution. If she could get rid of Anson in her mind, then she could be happy. And if this experiment worked... if it worked... the next step would be radical. Truly radical.

"We're ready to perform the procedure. Are you ready, Ms. Spaulding?" said the doctor.

Jennifer nodded.

She felt a great hum, and then she started to get sleepy....

********

Robert Freeling had the same problem that many men had. He had seen it all. He had seen everything, tried everything, lived everything. After 200 years of living, who hadn't?

His wife Martha tried everything to cheer him up, thinking of new activities for them to do. She bought him a priceless Picasso for his birthday to destroy with a flamethrower. She even started pleasuring him orally, there even though she had told him when they got married that that was one straw she never wanted to drink from.

But nothing made him happy. And so Martha, in desperation, suggested he try Happy Amnesia. They would try something small first, like Jennifer. They would erase his memories of Paris. If it worked, they could selectively erase his memories of other experiences, allowing him to enjoy them for the first time again.

Robert didn't take much convincing, oddly enough. So they came to Interlaken and he went through the procedure.

But then something went wrong. After he emerged from the procedure and she asked, "How are you feeling, darling?" he blinked and looked at her and said, "Fine, I think."

And then, "Who are you?"

Robert had lost his memory.

Further testing indicated that he had lost nearly his entire memory of his adult life, nearly 200 years, starting shortly before they had met. For Robert, it was as if he had just graduated college. His current status, learning that he was over 200 years old and married, obviously confused him.

"What did you do to him?" Martha cried.

"I don't know!" said Isaac, trying to keep the panic out of his voice. "This shouldn't have happened."

"Of course this shouldn't have happened, you little bastard!" said Martha.

"Mrs. Freeling. Please. We have done subsequent mapping scans of your husband's brain. We can verify that his memories, all of his memories, except for Paris, are still intact."

"Then why can't he remember them? Why can't he remember me?"

"I... I don't know," said Isaac. "The memories are clearly still there. They haven't been erased. All I can think of is that they have somehow become inaccessible. But our machine doesn't do that. It doesn't work that way."

"You bastard!" Martha cried, and Isaac was forced to call security.

She took Robert home. Isaac had given her some hope that perhaps his memory would recover in time.

It didn't.

She took him to the best neurologists around the world. They could find nothing wrong with him. It's simply as if his memory just stopped working.

Martha lodged a multimillion credit lawsuit against Happy Amnesia, despite the release Robert had signed absolving them of all responsibility. Martha claimed Happy Amnesia had negligently erased his memory.

But a lawsuit couldn't repair her relationship with him. After 180 years of marriage, he simply didn't remember her. She retried to rekindle their relationship, but Robert simply became uncomfortable whenever she got too close to him. Finally he said he wanted to be off on his own, "Just for a little while", to try and collect his thoughts.

Martha reluctantly agreed.

"A little while" became a week, and then a month, and then two months, and then Robert stopped returning her comm messages altogether. It was as if, after 180 years together, they had become complete strangers.

And then Isaac Mercola from Happy Amnesia asked to see her. She presumed it was about a settlement. But she would never settle. Nevertheless, curiosity got the better of her, and she went to his offices, accompanied by her attorney, Morry Weinberg.

"I think you should drop this lawsuit, Mrs. Freeling," said Isaac.

"You do, do you?"

"Your husband wasn't harmed by our procedure."

"Not harmed? Is that what you call a total memory loss?"

Isaac sighed. "I didn't want to have to do this."

"Do what?"

He pressed a button, and an image appeared. It was of two nuclear jet skiers, both in bathing suits. One was a man, and the other was a woman. The camera zoomed in.

One of them was Robert. He didn't look confused at all. He was smiling, and happy.

"Robert?" Martha whispered.

"Note the woman to the right," said Isaac.

Martha did. She was blonde, she was beautiful, and she had big breasts. And Martha had the oddest feeling she had seen her somewhere before....

The image shifted to a cozy cafe, where Robert was sitting next to the same woman, laughing and slowly nibbling on her ear. Then he started kissing her neck. And when the camera zoomed in for a closeup, that's when Martha recognized her.

"Markessa? Markessa Stumpgarten? Robert's secretary?"

"Robert's secretary," Isaac confirmed.

"But he lost his memory. How...."

"As I told you, Mrs. Freeling, he never lost his memory. All he lost was Paris. Nothing else," said Isaac.

"But... if he remembers his secretary...."

"Then he remembers you," said Isaac.

"Why?" Martha asked, stunned.

"You've been married, how long, 150 years?"

"181 in April."

"That's a long time. Perhaps he wanted to leave you, but didn't want to hurt your feelings. Happy Amnesia presented him with a way of doing it."

"No... no... it couldn't be... it couldn't be...." She looked at MorryWeinberg, her lawyer, for support.

"Martha, I think we have to drop this lawsuit," he said quietly.

"I'm so sorry," said Isaac.

********

"I'm so happy!" Jennifer yelled. And she was.

Her first day in Venice with Carl was a blast. Carl was there to meet her at the airport, and he gave her a great big hug. She was so glad to see him!

They went around Venice, saw sights, and laughed together. And not once did Jennifer think of Anson! They had a romantic dinner at an outdoor cafe, and a violinist, a real violinist, not a robot, serenaded them with music as they ate under candlelight and the stars. It was so romantic!

And once again, Jennifer didn't have a single thought of Anson. Intellectually, she knew that she had been to Venice before, but she had no memory of it. And all her other memories, as far as she could tell, were totally intact. The procedure had worked exactly as promised.

That evening, as Carl stared lovingly into her eyes over dinner, Jennifer knew that he was going to give her a wild fucking that night. The thought filled her with wild anticipation.

They had barely finished dessert, laughing and flirting, when Jennifer took him by the hand and led him back to their hotel room. She wanted it. She needed it.

They were laughing and kissing and hugging and touching as Carl rapidly removed her clothes and she practically tore off his. She loved the feel of his manly body against her own.

And his penis! She was once again reminded of how large it was, how thick. She rubbed her fingers over the bulbous head. It was easily the largest penis head she had ever felt. The thought of it inside of her filled her with anticipation.

But what she loved most of all were his balls. He had had giant bull-sized testicles biofarmed into him. They were huge. Jennifer fondled them, thinking how much sperm they held. Surely, with so much semen, she would finally be impregnated!

She couldn't wait for Carl to enter her. "Put it in me, lover. Put it in me now," she whispered in his ear, as she spread her legs. Carl didn't need any further invitation. Jennifer groaned as she felt his thick penis head penetrate her. She moaned lovingly as he filled her. Only Carl was big enough to fill her so completely, to satisfy her so wonderfully. As Carl started to bang into her, she heard the banging of his metal tipped testicles

Clank Clank Clank

Clank Clank Clank

as they banged together. It was the most wonderful sound to hear as she was being inseminated!

And then her labia and nipples started to flash red, hesitantly at first, but then faster and faster.

"Oh Carl! Oh Carl oh Carl oh Carl!" she shouted. She gave a deep, guttural moan that sexually pushed Carl over the edge, even as Jennifer herself was climaxing, spurting warm milk from her titties all over Carl, causing him to inseminate her with massive amounts of cum. His balls were so huge, that it kept coming and coming out of him, so much so that it started to overflow, coming out of her cunt lips and spilling onto the bed sheets.

She loved him so much. And if that couldn't get her pregnant, nothing would.