The Professor's Accidental Harem Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,052 Followers

"I don't understand what the big deal is?" Lydia opened. "He only said her name. He's with us. He loves us."

Kennedy shook her head, "Do you remember what our wise professor of psychology once said about Freudian slips? That they are due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish."

"I don't care to hear one of Ethan's lectures right now," Eve demanded. "I just want to know what we're going to do to the two timing bastard."

"Something's not right here," Shelly interrupted.

"No shit," Eve exclaimed. "I say we cut his balls off in his sleep. That'll teach him."

"No," Shelly tried to reason. "Don't you remember how difficult it was for us to get Ethan to accept our relationship?"

"It took a lot of work," Kennedy nodded.

"Exactly," Shelly waved her finger in the air. "And then in the weeks since he has told each of us he loves us in a special way." Shelly rubbed her chin again. "But the past few days he has been acting differently and now he calls out his assistants name during sex."

"So?" Eve tilted her head, a scowl still attached to her face. "What's you point?"

"My point is that when two previously unseen behaviors occur at a proximately the same time, they are most likely connected. Ethan's personality didn't change with our relationship with him. His morals still would prevent him from being with a colleague. Unless.... I think Britney did what we did. Remember the first couple of days when Ethan thought we lost our memories? He was always deep in thought like he has been for the past few days. Yes, that bitch definitely is up to something."

"But what?" Lydia asked.

"Doesn't matter," Eve put her fist in her hand. "I'm going to kill her. We put in way too much time for her to take Ethan away." She put her hands to her face and started crying. "The only man to say he loved me without trying to get me to sleep with him."

Kennedy rubbed Eve's back. "I bet you still slept with him though."

Eve snickered, "Well yeah."

"You slut," Kennedy laughed back.

Eve sniffled as she used the back of her hand to wipe her tears away. "Wait... Now that I think about it, he actually told me after we had sex. That meant the most to me. Anyone can say it beforehand but Ethan was the first to say it afterwards."

"I have a plan," Shelly announced.

"About time," Eve chuckled. "I'm a nervous wreck because you needed time to think."

Shelly rolled her eyes. "Eve, you and I are going on a little fact finding quest. Kennedy and Lydia will stay here and make sure Ethan doesn't go anywhere. With you two still having ties to the school, it probably isn't a good idea for you two go there."

"Why?" Lydia nervously asked. "What are you going to do?"

Shelly simply smiled.

*

Ethan sat on the couch watching the morning sports highlight show with Kennedy. He happily obliged to calling off work when it was demanded of him, not wanting to incur the doghouse any longer than he must. But still, even though there was only a couch cushion separating him and one of his wives, he felt a million miles away. Sure, he loved Britney but he still didn't want to disrupt what was right in front of him. He gazed over to the beauty next to him. He still didn't understand why he was feeling an attraction to Britney but did want to make things right. "I'm sorry." It was a true heartfelt apology.

Lydia stopped at the kitchen entrance. She was on her way to tell them breakfast was ready but stood motionless when she heard the apology.

Kennedy turned off the television. "Have you done anything with Britney?"

"No. Never." As if Ethan's voice wasn't forceful enough, he also shook his head with fervor.

Ethan always had one of those poker faces in which everyone at the table would know his hand. What he said was truth and it was obvious to both onlookers. Kennedy offered a small smile, "It was a mistake. I get it. But we still want to know why. Especially Eve. She has had a few men in her life cheat on her already. She was skeptical about all of us getting together but thought she would be safe because there were four of us and it was all right if you had sex with any of us because we were all friends. Last night hit her really hard."

Ethan felt horrible but he felt it was time to tell the girls. It's not right keeping them from his emotions. "I understand and I will apologize to her too. But I can't lie. I don't know how it happened but I do have strong feelings for Britney."

"For how long?"

"That's just it," Ethan declared. "It just hit me a few days ago. There was nothing and then all of a sudden I just... I can't really explain it."

"So that means Shelly's hypothesis was correct." Kennedy muttered under her breath.

"What hypothesis?"

"What? Oh, nothing. Just something your wives are going to work out." Kennedy pointed at Lydia standing in the doorway. "C'mon, I think breakfast is ready."

*

Shelly and Eve were waiting in Shelly's black focus when a rusty brown cavalier pulled into the parking lot of State University's laboratory buildings.

"I know that girl!" Eve exclaimed as she pointed at the young woman getting out.

"I know you do," Shelly just looked at her friend. "I met her the same day as you at the restaurant. That's Britney."

"That's Britney?" Eve squinted her eyes to get a better look. "She looks different with her hair in a ponytail and when she's not in a waitressing uniform."

Shelly took a deep breath. "So where do you remember her from then?"

"She came by the house one morning to try to sell us magazines or something."

"Really?" The disbelief was obvious in Shelly's tone. "Her?"

"I swear," Eve held up her hand. "I would never forget a face."

"This from the woman who didn't recognize it was Britney at our front door even though we were introduced a few weeks prior?"

"Shut up," Eve slapped Shelly. "It's definitely her."

"Makes sense that if she came over and saw us in the morning with Ethan she would try to do something." Shelly mulled over the thought for a moment before shaking her head. "Well, let's go say hello."

Britney made it into the building. She was walking down the hallway to Ethan's laboratory with a serum-laced coffee in one hand and a smile plastered to her face. If all went well, today will be the first day Ethan will be all hers. As she reached the lab, the door was locked as usual. "Late again," she chuckled. She closed her eyes as she leaned up against the wall, waiting with a nervous anticipation. She heard the footsteps of not one, but two people coming up the hallway. She opened her eyes to see that it was Shelly and Eve. She panicked. She slung her purse over her shoulder, held the coffee tight, and headed for the exit.

"Hello," Britney acknowledged as she got close to the two women. "He's not here yet but you can wait if you'd like. He'll be in shortly."

As Britney attempted to walk past, Shelly sidestepped and was directly in front of her, "And where are you going?"

"I forgot some reports in my car," Britney was fidgeting slightly at the altercation. "Ethan needs them for his research."

"Ethan's not coming in today," Shelly sinisterly smiled as her arm went around Britney's shoulders. She turned the girl around. "But we still want to talk to you."

Britney pulled out from Shelly's grasp. "I'm sorry, but if Ethan's not coming in today, I'm going home."

Eve pulled out a Luger LCR Revolver from her purse, "I don't think so skank."

Britney's eyes were wide in fear as she stopped in her tracks. Her hands went up, "What do you want from me?"

"Eve," Shelly was caught completely by surprise at her friend's action, "Where did you get that?"

"Mrs. White gave it to me a year ago because she was worried about my safety when I went out to the clubs dressed like a slut. Her words. Now open the lab door so we can have our conversation with little miss home wrecker here."

Shelly moved quickly and, after a small battle with the stubborn lock, the door opened. Britney and Eve went in first and she followed, shutting the door as she entered. "We only have one question, what did you do to Ethan?"

Britney scratched behind her ear and her eyes were looking off to the left, "I would not do anything to that man, I swear."

"Oh come on," Shelly rolled her eyes. "You don't expect me to believe that, do you? Didn't Ethan teach you the scientific aspect to lie detection? You're eyes moved to the left, you referred to Ethan as 'that man', and you basically restated my question in your answer."

Britney broke down and began to cry. "It's not fair. I loved him first. Ethan was all I could think about for the longest time. Then I graduated and had to put it all in my past. I was doing all right until you guys showed up at the restaurant where I was working and you told me you were all family. And I'm so gullible I believe it. Then last week I find out you're all living together and you lied to me. The four of you are with Ethan."

"What did you do?" Shelly insisted.

"I don't care anymore," Eve interrupted. "This tramp is getting between me and the one person who loves me for me."

As Eve stepped forward, Britney put up her hands, "I don't know what it was... Dr. Tisdale gave it to me. She said it would make Ethan fall in love with me."

"Then the three of us are going to visit the good doctor right now," Eve grabbed Britney from under the arm and forcefully guided her to the door.

*

The Carrington limousine pulled up to the Carter residence. Wilson opened the door, allowing Bruce and Marie to step out.

"Let's retrieve our daughter and get out of here," Bruce announced as he tightened his tie.

"Yes Dar-ling, as soon as we can leave this poverty stricken cesspool, the better."

"Oh great," Lydia huffed as she stared out the window. "Of all the days."

As the Carrington's reached the front door, it swung open. Lydia was already prepared. "Father, mother, what are you doing here?"

"We're here to prepare for our only daughter's wedding," Marie brushed past her offspring. "Oh, I see there is someone else here. This dwelling is full of surprises."

"I'm Kennedy," the young woman held out her hand, anxious over the word 'wedding' Marie used in the prior statement.

"Charmed, I'm sure," Marie sat down in the chair across from the couch, ignoring Kennedy's request.

"You may call us Mr. and Mrs. Carrington," Bruce positioned himself next to his wife.

Ethan had stood up to greet his guests, "Welcome again to our home. It's always a pleasure to have Lydia's parents pay us a visit." He sat back down, realizing the two were not going to be friendly. Lydia sat by his side, trying to hold her smile in check while in front of Kennedy. "But let me get this straight, you are here to detail my and Lydia's wedding?"

"I apologize, you misinterpreted my declaration," Marie smirked behind her folded hands, her eyes displaying her sinister deception over them. "We are here to discuss Lydia's wedding to Craig Pennington."

"What?" Lydia nearly screamed and it caught the Carrington's by surprise at her audaciousness to talk back to them, though they didn't show it.

"We arranged a marriage that is beneficial to all involved. You marry Craig Pennington, someone respectable, allowing us to get inside access to the Lysengic Corporation and your lover, the professor here, gets to retain his employment at the university."

"Are you saying I'm going to be fired if Lydia doesn't marry who you say?" Ethan's eyes went wide and his voice raised an octave.

*

Without bothering to knock, Shelly and Eve stormed into the office of Dr. Suzanne Tisdale, pushing Britney forward.

"Give us the antidote," Shelly demanded.

"This should be good," Suzanne closed a file folder. "And to what antidote are you referring?"

"Don't play coy with us," Shelly spat. "You're little guinea pig told us everything."

"She did, did she? Tell me Britney, do you have any of the serum left?"

"No," Britney shied back, not expecting Dr. Tisdale to come right out and say that. "I used the last of it this morning."

"It appears to me that you have no proof of your accusation, so if you'll excuse me, I have work to do." Suzanne pushed her glasses back up to the bridge of her nose as she reopened her file folder.

"I'm sorry, but it's not that simple," Eve pointed her gun at the doctor.

"And why not?" Suzanne asked as she raised her head. She pushed herself back into her chair, taken aback when she saw the weapon. "Oh – that's why."

"Now give us the antidote," Shelly reiterated.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but there isn't one."

"What?" Eve started shaking. "You're lying."

"Calm down Eve," Shelly soothed. "Give me a second to think."

Eve let out a huff and sneered at Dr. Tisdale. "You two are lucky she's here. I'm not sure I would be able to control myself otherwise." Then more to herself she added, "The nerve of people butting into other people's love life."

"Congratulations Britney, it appears Professor Carter loves you and you alone."

"No," Shelly answered while pacing. "He still loves us but he loves her too."

Suzanne stared at Britney, "What did you say to him when he was catatonic?"

Britney took a step away from Eve, fearful of her reaction. "I only told him to love me."

"And did you know about these two competitors prior to you giving him the serum?"

"Eve and Shelly? I did but you said that serum would make an instant husband."

Suzanne shook her head, "You're an idiot. You wasted my serum. It is designed to have a person obey commands. If you didn't tell him to love only you, he would keep his feelings for everyone else he loves too. You could have had him all to yourself and I wouldn't have a gun pointed at me right now."

"I've got it," Shelly snapped her fingers. "We're all going home to talk this out. I want Ethan to understand what's happening to him."

*

"I don't care about my job," Ethan exclaimed. "I love Lydia and I am willing fight for her."

"Really?" Marie chuckled. "How are you going to fight for her from prison?"

"Prison?" Ethan chocked on air.

"It seems you started your sexual relationship with my daughter during her first month of college, when she was still seventeen. Sexual contact with a minor will certainly land you in prison."

"No we didn't!" Lydia yelled.

"I got this," Ethan calmly rubbed Lydia's leg. "I'm afraid you are the one mistaken Mrs. Carrington, our relationship just began."

"That may be the truth, but money can buy a lot of things; houses, cars... juries, judges. I'm afraid prison is in your future Professor Carter."

"What was that?" Shelly announced as she, Eve, Suzanne, and Britney all entered the living room. "Did you say Ethan's going to prison?"

"Oh goodness, more children to deal with." Marie shook her head. "What I am saying is that Ethan's future is directly impacted by the decision Lydia makes right at this moment."

Suzanne immediately took over, noting that Shelly, Eve, Ethan and Britney were in shock and the two girls flanking Ethan were in tears. "I apologize Mr. and Mrs..."

"Carrington," Marie answered.

"Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Carrington, my name is Dr. Tisdale, professor of neuroscience at State University. I apologize but I do hope you could take a few moments to explain yourself to me what you just said over some tea or coffee."

Marie glanced at her watch, "We don't have time." She then stared at her daughter, "Well Lydia?"

Lydia glanced at her mother, then Ethan, and then back at her mother, "I... I... I don't know."

"Please Mrs. Carrington," Suzanne interrupted. "Let me make you a beverage and discuss this as adults. It will afford the children the chance to form a rational conclusion."

Marie rolled her eyes, "I suppose." She hated repeating herself and wanted nothing more than to close the deal but was confident she was going to have her way regardless of what this professor of neuroscience was going to offer. "Coffee, two creams, one sugar."

"Thank you Mrs. Carrington. I will be right back with the coffee," Suzanne smiled. "Shelly, would care to assist me in the kitchen?"

"What are we going to do?" Shelly asked as soon as they were both in the kitchen, out of hearing range from everyone else.

"I chose to talk to you because you appear to be the de facto leader among the girls so you're going to make coffee and I will state my terms for helping you."

"Terms? What terms?" Shelly stared curiously at Suzanne. "And the girls and I all talk about the decisions before we decide anything."

Suzanne chuckled, "You have more influence than you realize. I'm sure you can get them to see it your way. Besides, if I don't help you, it appears the Carrington's are determined to throw your man in prison."

"Okay. What do you want?"

"First, you need to realize there is no remedy for what occurred to Ethan. I don't care what you decide, but I guarantee Britney is now a part of Professor Carter's life. Either accept her or he will be forever pulled in her direction. As for me, I will get rid of those two if you assure me that Ethan will delay the unveiling of his memory enhancer for six months. That is all I need to finish my research before I can bring my findings to the private sector."

Shelly took a moment to digest Professor Tisdale's words. "So we are forced to bring Britney into our family and you want Ethan to postpone his memory enhancer?" She bit her lower lip, "I don't think the six months will bother Ethan if it means getting Lydia's parents off our back. Of all of us, I think he feels the most for her. But I am concerned what the other girls will think of Britney and what she tried to pull."

"A small price to pay to keep the one you love out of prison. And if it will make you feel better, I manipulated her into giving him the serum."

Shelly sighed, "We have a deal."

"Good. And one more thing."

"What's that?"

"I don't ever want a gun pointed at me again. If that occurs, I will use my serum and take Ethan for myself." Suzanne grabbed a vial from her purse. "Now make the coffee."

"I'll agree to that," Shelly snickered. "I just hope Eve can." She reached into the cupboard and pulled out a coffee filter and the can of French Roast coffee. "Good thing she chose coffee because we don't have tea."

*

"You will let your daughter live her life," Suzanne spoke in a clam and soothing voice. "You love her and will accept her choices. You will stay in town for the next four days and will stop by here to show your loyalty to Lydia every day." She turned around and handed Shelly the vial. "That should do it. Just make sure you reiterate what I said to them each time and you will have no problems."

"Thank you Dr. Tisdale," Shelly slipped the vial into her purse.

"Yes," Ethan held out his hand. "Thank you Suzanne."

"No thank you Ethan," Suzanne put her hand in his. "I only need six months."

"No problem and if the board still rejects you're funding, I'll let you finish you're research in my lab. It's not like I need the grant money anymore."

"I appreciate that," Suzanne smiled.

"And I can't thank you enough," Britney hugged Professor Tisdale, catching her by surprise. "You helped me attain love." She pulled back, teary eyed. "Shelly, Eve, Kennedy, Lydia, I'm sorry how it happened, I really am, but thank you for accepting me."

"As if we had a choice," Eve grumbled.

"Now, now Eve," Kennedy put her hand on her friends shoulder. "She didn't do any worse than what we did. Let's give her a chance. She seems all right."

"I suppose." Eve rolled her eyes and then smirked, "Welcome to the family."

"Ethan," Britney smiled, "I am so happy I can finally say this. I love you."

Ethan smiled, "I love you too. I truly love all my girls."

"We just need to figure out where to fit Britney into our sleeping arrangement," Shelly chuckled, causing the other girls to laugh.

fgmntfmgnshn
fgmntfmgnshn
2,052 Followers