The Proposal Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, followed by Brad's obnoxious voice.

"Is everything all right?"

"Yes... leave us alone!" We laughed.

Having felt enough of the hard tile, I somehow found the strength to get up without dislodging our coupling and carried my wife to the bed. This time, I was on top as we thrashed around rediscovering our rhythm. I took my time savoring every moment.

Allie's damp hair fanned out on her pillow, reminding me of a painting I once saw of the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite. She cried out in ecstasy as her orgasm ripped through her body like a tsunami. I was not quite there yet, wanting to cherish the moment. I knew how Allie became extremely hypersensitive after an orgasm, so I pulled out and cuddled her.

"You didn't finish," she stated, sounding disappointed.

"It was incredible. There will be plenty of time for that later when you come home," I replied.

"Come home? So, you think that's all it takes to heal this rift between us? A little sex with your magical cock?" She pulled away and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Are you saying you didn't feel the same connection I did?" I rubbed her back.

"Jason, our sexual appetites were never the problem, were they?"

"Actually, they were—in some ways. Everything within me tells me that if we're going to figure this out, we need to do it together and not with this separation garbage. So, how about it? Are you ready to come home?"

Allie didn't answer right away. She averted her gaze and mumbled, "If I do... and that's a big if, we can't go back to how it was. Too much has happened. We're gonna have a lot to work out."

"I understand. I'll do anything to make it work. This whole separation has been devastating for me and I'm not just talking about the sex. You are my partner in life and my best friend. My hopes are that working through this might make us stronger. Would you consider going to counseling?"

"Actually, I've been talking to someone at the hospital."

"Oh... really? Who?"

"Dr. Kelley, my Abnormal Psychology Professor. He and his wife are both licensed family counselors."

"Isn't he the married guy you told me about in the past who kept hitting on you?"

"Yes, but don't fret. He's not my type."

"Doesn't he know you're married?"

"Yeah, he knows. Rumor says he's bedded most of the hottest female interns in the hospital, regardless of their marital status."

"If he is known to be such a reprobate, why do women succumb to his bullshit?" I asked, half annoyed.

"Well... he's extremely handsome, very confident in himself and... his equipment is said to be legendary."

"Didn't you say he was married?"

"Yes, his wife also teaches at the hospital. I'm enrolled in her Group Dynamics class as well."

"Then she's aware of her husband's conquests? How in the hell does he not get fired?"

Suddenly, Allie seemed to get a bit uncomfortable with our conversation.

"She knows." She pursed her lips. "They have what is known as an 'open marriage' and he doesn't force himself on anyone. Consensual sex between adults is not illegal, Jason. Hospitals are rife with affairs. It's more like a sport than anything else."

"And you're talking to this philanderer about us?"

"No, not necessarily... but about marriage in general. He's been teaching about alternative lifestyles in his class and how polygamy or polyamory is accepted as normal in many parts of the world. He believes that it is not within the genome makeup of mankind to be monogamous."

"You believe that hogwash?"

"He cited a 2017 survey of a thousand married persons. The majority confessed that they had either had an affair or have seriously considered having one."

"Well, I'm not a big fan of you getting marital advice from a guy that openly wants to get into your panties."

I was becoming very uncomfortable with the conversation and Allie seemed to feel the same way when she abruptly ended our discussion.

"I really have got to go. Class is in the twenty minutes. Don't forget to apologize to Brad on your way out."

She brushed her hair into a ponytail, grabbed her book bag and rushed out.

Fat chance I'll apologize, I thought, following her to the door.

When Allie walked me to my car, she noticed the homeless orange tabby that was contently sitting on the hood of my vehicle.

"And who is this?"

"Well... I guess I was in desperate need of a little pussy." That comment earned me a swift punch in the shoulder.

"You're such a butt-face!"

I swept her into my arms and said, "But I'm your butt-face. Are you coming home after your classes and shift?"

"Ummm... maybe." She looked in my eyes and caressed my cheek. "I really do have to go, Jason. See you around."

I watched her drive away, worried about her final decision. The stray cat pulled me out of my paranoid thoughts when he rubbed himself against my leg and meowed. In a weak moment, I decided to take a chance and keep him.

*****

When I pulled up to the gym, almost all the parking spaces were taken, and it wasn't even prime time. I wondered what Denise had done to accomplish this much attendance. My thoughts were answered when I walked in and saw the promotional banners for a free week trial membership. The sound of all the machines running and the clanging of metal weights was music to my ears.

How in the hell did she pull this off in two days? I thought, half amazed and impressed.

We had attempted promotions before but only with limited success. Suddenly I was impacted from behind and nearly lost my balance.

"What the hell?" I said, turning around to find Denny flashing a mischievous grin. "Who the hell gave you permission to do this advertising promotion?"

"Well... you did, actually. It says so on my contract. I run the day to day operation, including membership... and what's with the cat?" she asked, reaching out to take him from me.

"I figured we could use a mascot." I chuckled. "What gave you the idea for this promotion?"

"Yesterday morning a guy came in saying the Gold's Gym was closed for a month pending relocation. So, it was a no brainer to jump on the opportunity and siphon off some of their membership."

"That was clever. I suppose you're looking for another raise?"

She laughed and replied, "I've only worked here a month. Besides, you still haven't paid me the bonus you promised when you hired me."

"I thought you handled my payroll. Just write your own bonus check."

"Somehow it didn't seem right to fill out my own check." Denise paused. "Talking about checks... there are some you need to endorse—that is if you can stick around long enough." She folded her arms in her chest in annoyance.

"Okay, okay. I'm all yours." I scanned her outfit and added, "What did I say about wearing something less revealing around the gym?"

"Mr. Alexander, are you perving on me?" She grinned, posing seductively by the door with a hand on her hip.

"I just don't want you beating up any more of our members. We're lucky that asshole didn't sue us."

"You really think he'd admit a petite girl like me bloodied his nose? Besides, I'm not wearing anything different than the other women here wear. Bulky sweats get too hot. It seems my attire is more a problem for you than for me. Now if your done with this inquisition, I've got my spin class." She handed back our new feline friend and said, "By the way, what's his name?"

"I dunno... he found me begging for food. How about Hobo?" I asked.

"Hobo?" Denise laughed. "I guess that's better than Fluffy or Kitty."

After she left, I sat down and sifted through the large pile of documents that required my immediate attention or signature. I was pleased to see how Denny had categorized things according to importance. She was going to make some lucky man a very good wife. Once I finished the priority stuff, I moved on to the pile that contained things like new member inquiries and phone calls. What stood out immediately were several missed calls from Martin.

He has a lot of nerve calling me, I thought, controlling my anger.

I tried to put it out of my mind, but my curiosity got the best of me. There were still unresolved things between us, so I reluctantly called his cell. On the last ring, he finally answered, sounding short of breath.

"Hi... I thought you'd never call."

"What is it you want?" I asked bluntly.

"Look, Jason, I didn't like how things ended between us. I thought we should clear the air."

"I think we've said all there is to say at this point."

"I wanted you to know that l really loved working for you and thought you felt the same way."

"I did feel that way... until you seduced my wife."

"Wait a minute... you know it was as much your fault as it was mine. I gave you plenty opportunity to quit... but that's just water under the bridge now, isn't it?"

"I don't know what possessed me to go along with that craziness. I just know I can't lose my wife. I'll do anything to have her back."

"Anything?"

I paused briefly and said, "What are you suggesting?"

"Jason, has it ever occurred to you that your true nature is that of a cuckold?"

"That's crazy. I'm no sissy cuck. I... I was just exploring some dark fantasy but—"

"Bro, you can't deny your true nature or Allie's either. When we first began this, I could tell this was your true path and it has nothing to do with whether or not you love your wife. It is obvious you love her. Have you ever thought that Allie might be struggling with the same thing as you are? Now that she let herself cross the line she might not want to go back."

"What do you mean?"

"You say you'd do anything to get her back. How far are you willing to go? Are you able to let her explore her own path? Are you willing to explore that together?"

"If you're implying whether I'm okay with her being with other men, I don't think I could go that far. I don't know."

"In my experience, I fear you'll lose her if you can't give her enough freedom to discover herself."

"We've agreed to go to counseling together. I think that's the best thing for us."

"Well, good luck with that. I think you'll spend a fortune to find out what you already know."

"And just what do you suggest? Let my wife sleep around?"

"It might sound selfish, but your friendship means the world to me. If I could turn back time I would." Martin lamented.

"Me too. What have you been doing?"

"I've been working as a personal trainer but it's hard finding clients without a gym affiliation."

"Your membership is still intact as far as I know. Allie hasn't been back since the blowup."

"Then who's helping you run the gym?"

"I've hired a girl to help with the secretarial needs."

"Would I be pushing too much by asking for my job back? I'm sure you could use the assistance."

I thought for a few seconds before saying, "As long as you can leave your personal drama at home, I'll let you back on a temporary basis."

"I promise you won't regret it."

"When do you want to start?"

"Is tomorrow okay?"

"Can you take the early aerobics class?"

"Absolutely," he replied with enthusiasm.

"Great. I need to sleep in. I'm really overworked lately."

After I finished the call, I signaled Denny over to talk. She looked annoyed to leave her cycle class but jogged over to me. I couldn't help but notice her sweat soaked leotard; it clung like a second skin outlining her every detail. I immediately felt embarrassed for staring.

"What's up?" she asked, partly out of breath.

"I'm leaving and wanted to make sure you got your bonus check."

"Thanks, boss, I did. Anything else?"

"Yeah, as a matter of fact there is... since we've doubled membership, I have decided to rehire Martin. He works as a group instructor and personal trainer. He'll be starting tomorrow morning. I'll let you introduce yourselves and arrange your schedules."

"Is he hot?" Her eyes seemed to glimmer with curiosity.

"I'll let you be the judge of that." I picked up my furry friend and said, "Hobo needs a bath. See you later, Denny."

"Have a good night, boss."

12