The Pulse Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I drove back an hour later. MY car had a clean bill of health and I gave Old Bill a huge hug and thanked him again and again for all his help. He got all embarrassed and made me promise to look after the car, which of course I did. Mum and Dad looked on happily sharing in my delight as they knew how much getting the car on the road mattered to me. Eventually reality settled in and I got changed into my work uniform before settling into the driver's seat to drive to work for the first time. I felt like a million dollars!

The finance team didn't work on Sundays, so while I would have liked to see Fiona, it meant that I didn't have to explain away any changes to our behaviour around the rest of the guys. That was something that I wasn't looking forward to having to deal with, mainly because I knew that a couple of them really fancied her.

I sighed as I pulled up to work. I was tired already and it was going to be another busy day.

The warehouse was busy as usual and we had everything from clean up duty through to a sudden rush on barbecues as the warm weather got people in the mood for the smell of grilled meat.

I was at the back of the warehouse by myself waiting for some help with a particularly heavy pallet when I thought that this might be a perfect time to try out the Pulse. After last night I was pretty sure that red was the right colour to affect things physically. So I reached and tried to push the pallet out of the way so that I could get to the last couple of barbecues.

Pulse.

The pallet screeched along the floor and finished about ten feet from me. Thankfully everything on it was strapped in place as otherwise I'd have been restacking everything and hoping that I hadn't damaged it all.

Nick came back round the corner with the pallet truck.

"What on earth was that noise?"

"Err...maybe the big doors need oiling..?"

"Hmm. I thought I'd done that. Anyway, you said you needed some help?"

"I do. Let me drag those barbecues clear first but that pallet needs moving back and I can't shift it."

"Too right. Give yourself a hernia doing that."

I was elated. I didn't have the sort of control that I needed but it had been so easy. That pallet had to weigh five hundred pounds!

The rest of the shorter day passed pretty quickly and I was much too wary to test things out again.

As I sat at the traffic lights on my way home, I thought through what I knew about the Pulse.

First things first. Stress situations had been the initial trigger. It had definitely saved me three times already without me having any conscious control of it.

I could trigger it if I concentrated but I had no real idea -what- I could do.

Other people seemed to be completely unaware of what I was doing. That made sense I suppose, but I hadn't been sure whether the coloured aura that I noticed had been visible to anyone else. That would be tough to explain away! But no one had commented about a red aura during the bike accident and that had been pretty public.

The different colours seemed to call on different aspects of the Pulse. The blue seemed to be linked with influencing people and I could, from what I could tell, leave a "thread" attached to my...subject? Victim? The morals of this needed investigating. Anyway, it appears that I could maintain whatever control or command that I'd given. Certainly that was the case based on Mrs Sawyer and my own parents. And seemingly without effort..? I had been totally unaware of that filament of influence until I'd really looked for it.

But was I just reinforcing their existing preferences? Presumably not if the ape was anything to go by. But maybe when I did happen to hit on a pre-existing preference, like with Fiona or even Mrs Sawyer (I adjusted my hardening cock in my trousers), it made things happen that would have been totally out of character.

The red threads allowed me to affect things physically but to what extent I had no idea. Could I fly? Could I make minute adjustments to the inner workings of a microchip? I had no idea. But I could definitely shift stuff and based on the pallet, a reasonable amount of it.

The purple appeared to be some kind of scrying ability but in all honesty quite what that meant I wasn't sure. Could I hear stuff or just see it? And why was there so much more blue in my multi-coloured ball of threads than purple? Was I just crap at that or was that just more difficult to do?

And the yellow. The yellow blew me away. I knew what was wrong with those people on the bus immediately. I had zero first aid experience but I'd seemed to know straight away what to do. I'd actually known just how to pull that leg straight if I'd allowed myself to do it. I hadn't trusted the instinct at that point. But the pain! That had been a huge shock. But I could use this gift? talent?...to really help people.

What happened if I used more than one thread at a time? What happened if I used more than one colour at a time?

And I still hadn't tried to use the green thread yet. What the hell did that do?

The car behind me sounded it's horn. I came out of my reverie and drove home, relishing having my own car and with plenty to think about.