All Comments on 'The Quarterback Ch. 01'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments (Page 2)
Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

Very good story. High quality well written. I was surprise it ended the way it did very abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Part 2 needed very bad. Some how Jimmy needs a real payback. I had a Jimmy in my life years ago but it only took once and the asshole never caused me anymore trouble. I won't go into detail of what happened but he never messed with me again and he never cheated on his wife again. He had cheated several times before.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadover 1 year ago

I liked it but the whole alluding to what's going to happen before it happens over and over got old. I didn't understand the whole Staci is Jimmy's fiancée thing either. How did that happen? How do you not know you are dating your enemies fiancée? The crazy thing about that is that if it was true then Jimmy was letting himself get cucked, because you did say that Jason was sleeping with Staci and Jimmy knew so... made no sense.

On the other hand the rest of story was written well, interesting and I was entertained. Can't wait for part 2.

CHUCK2468CHUCK2468over 1 year ago

Was ok but your MC is complete moron concerning Jimmy. You wrote him as being a pussy to Jimmy. Then you finish with

"and Jimmy would fuck with me again." Your MC is once again a moron. Can't stang writers who write stupid thick people. 3* and thats really generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Of course he's gonna marry dominos daughter.

I've seen a few of these stories where the protagonist played a major sport. The relationships seem almost as precarious as military marriages.

Feel bad for him but he dated models. That's more than enough good times to store up in the ole head hard drive to last a lifetime. Wife cheats? Eh, divorce. Unzip pants. Grab the fleshlight. And open Victorias_Secret_Model Jan 2022 - Feb 2002 folder and fap the sorrow away.

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@sbrooks103x

What's wrong with kneeling for the anthem? We kneel to pray, to propose, to get knighted - are we showing disrespect then?

They are not kneeling FOR the national anthem; they are kneeling is a personal expression of protest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A really great story

Nirvan86Nirvan86over 1 year ago

Honestly it was more of a dry info on football and summary on games which were as interesting as watching a paint dry i only kept on going through because I thought I might get to read a story it's totally multiple football games description with a bit of story thrown in between i read most of your stories but this one failed to interest me

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Felt racist to me

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

I am really enjoying this. I also long for the day the kneeling assholes are firmly in the rear view mirror. I do enjoy watching Kaperdoodle whine about nobody giving him a chance to play

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not sure if I can go through another multi page drama effort. Unless you are into football tales the way many women are into their soap operas this was a boring tale of frustration for the main character. If you do follow any soap opera then you know that the main story line will be a steady diet of wait until the next episode to see how the heroine/hero overcomes adversity. Friday is always the time for a set up to Monday's big reveal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was more like a schedule than a story.

first I did this, then I did that, then I moved here. Then this happened, then that happened, I moved again…boring as fuck. What was six pages could and should have been three. No one gives a crap about all the bs. It definitely did NOT enhance the story.

LwcbyLwcbyover 1 year ago

@Tralan69er

The proper respect for the national anthem is to stand with your hand over your heart, you are not only respecting the country, but the people like my family that has fought and in some cases died for this country since 1814 when my great great great I dont know how many greats, grandfather emigrated.. It is a slap in the face to anyone who is in the military, or like me has-been to too many funerals when they had a twenty one gun salute and handed you a flag.. if people want to protest racial inequality I'm all for it,, but YOU DON'T FUCKING DISRESPECT THOSE WHO HAVE FOUGHT AND OR DIED FOR THIS COUNTRY!!!!!That's one of the very few things in my opinion the right wing nut jobs got right... Before you ask, I destroyed my right knee playing sports, so bad the medical guy at the recruiting office, said son thanks, I know your uncle, but with that knee there's not a chance in hell you'll pass. I apologize for the rant, but I really can't count the number of my family that have served.

On another note, great story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really wimpy MC and such a downer on top of everything else. It felt like I was reading a story narrated by Ben Stein.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Great start! Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The clichéd, disparaging description of those employed by state government is but one of several mean spirited non sequiturs in this meandering plot. I am not familiar with this author's work but hope he does not use each of his submissions as an opportunity to promote his personal prejudices, as he clearly has done here. Rather than impotently write about his grievances with the world, perhaps he should consider psychotherapy or running for political office as a MAGA candidate. While these represent opposite directions in personal growth, either would be more likely to bring him lasting satisfaction than does parading his prejudices online before strangers.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

4 stars and mostly it is because the MC never took the time to teach Jimmy a lesson.

Jimmy should have been made very afraid for his future well being.

timrivtimrivover 1 year ago

Way to much about football to be in loving wives. Should be in Non erotic.

This is just a story about a football player unlucky with girls. That’s fine but it is somewhat boring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ill keep reading this story and hope the somewhat interesting build up will lead to a great end

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 1 year ago

StoneyWebb may know something about football. I don't other than as a casual TV fan so I cannot say.

I do know something about public employment and public employees. I worked for public law offices for about 35 years. During that time I became very familiar with the operating departments and government employees.

In the 25th and 26th paragraphs on the second page StoneyWebb demonstrates that he knows nothing whatsoever about government, public employees, or governmental operations. His ignorant right-wing rant is inaccurate in every detail. In my extensive experience public employees have exemplary work habits, dedication to the important work they do, and strong expertise in their areas of responsibility. They are very often the local experts in their fields and are consulted by private businesses and contractors who draw on their expertise. Public servants usually get paid far less than their talents would command on the private market. It would not matter what a buffoon on a hobby porn-writing site might say, but the dedicated public employees who guard your safety, administer the regulatory codes that protect you from dangers and annoyances from burning up in your bed to having a slaughterhouse located next to your daughter's window, and make sure your water is clean, your library stocked with books StoneyWebb would want to burn, and your roads are safe, deserve better.

The story isn't too bad without the atrocious politics.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Excellent story. Now I'm on to part 2. 5stars

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Good story and i am with Cracker270.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Gotta say the dialogu kept the story moving along. Back up the the backup to the backup. The guy keeps hanging in there. I do agree wuth his diclaimers and complaints about football. I have been watching football since 1959, when there were two leagues and two completely didfferent types of football. Of curse all that excitement and differences disappeared when the two leagues merged, It was a big loss for all us fans. Then the athletes lost site of what their jobs were, play football. We don't give a shit about their politics, Sundays were for us to cheer on our teams and forget about the worlds problems. When an athlete starts spouting his beliefs in politics all his does is lose 50% of his fans, maybe more. Athletes doing commercials? Why would I buy something just because he endorces it? Give me a break. I havent watched a game since all the kneeling for the National Anthem started. Now it's even less cause the want us to pay miney to watch them primadonnas play on TV. I have better things to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Too much bio and backstory. You set it up as a cheating wife story and then got lost. Man versus Doom is a great story - heck it's every story - but this one died there in the weeds. There's a film with Kevin Costner where his girl is leaving him while he's pitching a no-hitter late in his mediocre but steady career. She is drifting towards the airport where she will leave forever to her dream job in the UK, but she starts watching the game along the way. The backstory and build-up are handled as flashbacks from both of their POVs as the greater drama unfolds. Here, you commenced with a heart broken man, who has become literally a broken man, and then flash back starting just out of the womb... I'm a fan of yours and can't stay interested.

Gumbo25Gumbo25over 1 year ago

Good interesting story so far. I like the detail.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 1 year ago

sniff sniff sniff they were kneeeling sniff sniff sniff while the anthem sniff was playing and sniff sniff it hurt my feelings sniff sniff cause I love america waaaaahhhhhhh... If you truly loved america you would be outraged at real fucking issues, like police straight up murdering folks, and kids shooting up schools, or how our politicians are all fucking bought by corporations. some grown as men knelt during an anthem who the fuck cares. the news covered that shit like it was 9/11 all over again and y'all ate that outrage up...being able to protest is so important that even those old slaveowners who designed our government put it in the first amendment

jblogsjblogsover 1 year ago

Great writing - keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story easy 5 star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a interesting travel tour as a football player from high school through various NFL teams and situations with them as well as his love life. I enjoyed the insight and the story flowed well. Now on to the future. 5*s. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done. I kept thinking I was going to tire of the extensive football part of the story, but you kept my interest.

Three little things caught my attention though. Danny Sullivan graduated, but then he led the team down the field the next year when your main character was the placeholder? I was puzzled about “didn’t get even a partial scholarship offer from a Division III school;” I was pretty sure that D-III schools were not allowed to give any athletic scholarships. Finally, I got a little tired of his being sure his football career was over, or that something else wouldn’t work out, but then it happens. I think it was that you oversold how sure he was … and then he was wrong. It’s one thing to wonder or be unsure if something will continue r, but something else to be “sure” it won’t and and then wrong.

Like I said: three little things. Good story telling.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Well done.

Being European means I've got no knowledge of our sport.

I appreciate the writer's puzzlement over it's name.

That goes for a lot of people around the world.

But the comment was appreciated.

While StoneyWebb was writing about the sport,

it was all Latin to me.

But everything else was first class.

Intense, colorful and interesting.

First part gets top ratings from me.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Very interesting story well written and somewhat intriguing, definitely 5 stars

peter944peter944over 1 year ago

I am enjoying the premise but there seems to be some issues in the flow as you go back and forth a lot teasing things to come the abruptly drop back to catch up. I know you are concerned with the length but adding a bit more to each relationship would I think add to the overall appeal. That would then allow the reader to get attached to the character as opposed to saying “she was the love of my life”. However I do think what you are doing is solid and entertaining, will comment again after part 2.

Reilly1225Reilly1225over 1 year ago

Like your story. Could do without your political discussion which adds NOTHING to the story but an unwelcome digression.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

interesting if somewhat befuddling story. But --- no way someone who never played football could for the first try throw a pass long enough and accurately enough to impress a coach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The definition of insanity is doing the same delusions over and over again expecting different results each and every time... Jason definitely aspires to that definition with his steadfast naivety and immaturity trapping him into pitiable perpetual victimhood both in love and career.

FseriesFseriesover 1 year ago

There’s no way he was burned twice by not locking in exclusivity with his girlfriends that he didn’t with Staci. Plus, how does Staci get to marrying stage with anyone else while she’s putting in so much time with him? Unreal and way heavy on the football facts and plays. A long 6 pages.

Pickles7287Pickles7287over 1 year ago

Okay but his conservative politics contributed nothing to the story except annoy those of us who disagree

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Very interesting beginning. I can't wait reading the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think this belongs in the non erotic category. I can sort of understand the loving wives label (kind of.) All i can picture through this first chapter is Adam Sandler in the wedding sjnger singing "Somebody Kill Me"

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another story with too much bullshitting about the sport.....who the fuck cares....just summarize and get to the point

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story but all the cheating sluts and the assholes. I think Jason was just to nice and 2 of the assholes would have to pay somehow. No mater the color period.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft8 months ago

This is my second reading of this superb story. Yeah, there is a lot of football detail in the story, but to me, it just makes it more authentic and believable. I really like the steady, incremental character development of the MC and his analytical way of dealing with adversity. Wish I could give more than 5*.

Darkie10Darkie108 months ago

One of the comments references your conservatives politics. I’d say your politics are racist too. Seems like most, if not all, the assholes are black football players dating with white women. That’s not a coincidence

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I've enjoyed some of your other works, but this one... just not good. I feel the racial aspect, there's WAY too much football, and all the women act inexplicably slutty at the first opportunity. Also, if the MC plays well in nearly every chance he gets, why is he a perennial 3rd stringer?

Sorry, this is just not believable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well-written. Funny. True to life as I know it. Many NFL-type females appear to be pros/hos. I played in the 40's & 50's --Basketball.==Best team I ever played against started a White (captain), Black, Chinese. a very dark-skinned and tall Spaniard, and white. Tall, fast, smart, rich and poor. Sports has all kinds.

RanDog025RanDog0254 months ago

Damn you are so right about MFL Football, I quit watching almost 28 years ago. I watched the 2010 Super Bowl with my best friend, my older Brother a couple days before I moved to Colorado for 4 years. After a stint in N.Y. I could never understand what anyone saw in that shit hole they call NY City and now It's 10 times worse. It's what happens when DemoRats are elected to run things. Excellent story for my first reading. Of course I knew it would be, coming from one hell of an Author such as yourself! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS and a BIG ASS FUCKING thank you too!

Cracker270Cracker2703 months ago

I always enjoy reading RanDog025’s reviews. And this one I especially agree with. Five

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 2 months ago

Football Story ist fine, but letting someone continously fuck up your life? No way someone like that could play sports competitively

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

An engrossing tale. Well conceived, developed and written. I came to your page because of The World Series. I am anxiously ready to read part two of The Quarterback. Five stars for part one.

/

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous